Trivia Questions and Answers
-
NE 03-04?
Check
Check
I got the years right? ?
-
-
San Francisco 1988, 1989
Denver 1997, 1998
-
San Francisco 1988, 1989
Denver 1997, 1998
San Francisco 1988, 1989
Denver 1997, 1998
Check
-
MIA in their glory years 1972 was the 17-0 year and the 71 or 73 was the other SB year, I think it was 72 & 73.
-
Check
I got the years right? ?
-
Yes.
5 more. Hints: NFL way back. 2 AFL.
AFL - Houston Oilers, KC not sure of years just pre SB 1967 years.
-
Yes.
5 more. Hints: NFL way back. 2 AFL.
AFL - Houston Oilers, KC not sure of years just pre SB 1967 years.
-
Oilers check....60/61. Not KC
I'm trying to think of the powerhouse AFL teams back then San Diego comes to mind. (I was a teenager.)
-
Oilers check....60/61. Not KC
I'm trying to think of the powerhouse AFL teams back then San Diego comes to mind. (I was a teenager.)
-
NO. (SD was a powerhouse, but they only won 1 title...and lost like 4 other AFL titles). 1-4 in AFL title game. Does that constitute a "dynasty"?
I was a die hard NFL (BROWNS) fan back then hey just 1 year older than you -but- had a friend who was a bit "different" sports wise was an AFL fan plus the pirates, etc. I do remember some just merged in with the NFL like Buffalo, Oakland and the Boston Patriots but I can't place another repeating champion.
I do remember that they did have some high flying football which did attract fans......and Pete Rozelle.
Guess Buffalo and ???? Oakland.
-
NO. (SD was a powerhouse, but they only won 1 title...and lost like 4 other AFL titles). 1-4 in AFL title game. Does that constitute a "dynasty"?
I was a die hard NFL (BROWNS) fan back then hey just 1 year older than you -but- had a friend who was a bit "different" sports wise was an AFL fan plus the pirates, etc. I do remember some just merged in with the NFL like Buffalo, Oakland and the Boston Patriots but I can't place another repeating champion.
I do remember that they did have some high flying football which did attract fans......and Pete Rozelle.
Guess Buffalo and ???? Oakland.
I was a die hard NFL (BROWNS) fan back then hey just 1 year older than you -but- had a friend who was a bit "different" sports wise was an AFL fan plus the pirates, etc. I do remember some just merged in with the NFL like Buffalo, Oakland and the Boston Patriots but I can't place another repeating champion.
I do remember that they did have some high flying football which did attract fans......and Pete Rozelle.
Guess Buffalo and ???? Oakland.
Not Buffalo AND Oakland. You have to choose one of the other.
-
In the 100 year history of Professional Football, there have been 19 repeat championship teams (won 2 or more in a row) . These include NFL/AFL/AAFC, and it includes pre-SB and SB era.
Name each of these repeat champions. Include team and years (approx).
Answers:
1922/23/24 Canton/Cleveland Bulldogs
1929/30/31 Packers
1940/41 Bears
1946/47/48/49/50 Browns
1948/49 Eagles
1952/53 Lions
1954/55 Browns
1958/59 Colts
1960/61 Oilers AFL
1961/62 Packers
1964/65 Bills AFL
1965/66/67 Packers
1972/73 Dolphins
1974/75 Steelers
1978/79 Steelers
1988/89 49ers
1992/93 Cowboys
1997/98 Broncos
2003/04 Patriots
-
Here is today's Trivia Question. This is kind of a two parter, but not really. And this applies ONLY to the Super Bowl era.
A. In the Super Bowl era, there have been Four (4) teams that went from having a losing record the previous season.....to winning the Super Bowl the next year.
B. There have also been 4 other teams who had a .500 record (8-8) the previous season, to winning the Super Bowl the next year.
Name as many of these sub .500 or .500 teams as you can.
-
-
-
-
-
Have you done the Time Warp?

yep got a tardis for my birthday
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login