Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • Bud Grant, Dan Reeves, Don Coryell

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Bud Grant, Dan Reeves, Don Coryell

    Dan Reeves   #1.    but not the others.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Another hint:

    The Top 12 losingest coaches also have 15 Super Bowl victories between them....plus a number of additional appearances....plus, some coached prior to the SB era.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    I was going to add Marv Levi earlier fine coach and gentleman.

    Bill Parcells ? Mike Ditka, Norv Turner.

  • I was going to add Marv Levi earlier fine coach and gentleman.

    Bill Parcells ? Mike Ditka, Norv Turner.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I was going to add Marv Levi earlier fine coach and gentleman.

    Bill Parcells ? Mike Ditka, Norv Turner.

    Parcells, Check.   No on Ditka/Turner/Levy

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    Frank Kush.. And obviously Hue Jackson...

  • Frank Kush.. And obviously Hue Jackson...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Frank Kush.. And obviously Hue Jackson...

    No.....however, you may give me an idea about another trivia question:   Coaches with the worst ever winning percentage.

    Remember, like I said, a coach has to be good enough to have stayed around long enough to lose a lot of games.  The guys you mention certainly did NOT meet that criteria. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Here is today's Trivia Question.     Staying On the "loser" theme:

    Name the Top 12 Head Coaches who have Lost  the most games in history.

    Answers:

    Tie  1.  Dan Reeves   165

    Tie 1. Jeff Fisher  165

    3. Tom Landry  162

    4. Don Shula 156

    5. Tom Coughlin  150

    6. George Halas 148  tie

    6. Chuck Noll 148

    8. Chuck Knox  147

    9. Mike Shanahan  138

    10. Curly Lambeau  132

    11. Bill Parcells  130

    12. Weeb Ewbank  129

    next in line are:  Andy Reid  128;  Bill Belichick 127  both active and Marty Schotteheimer 126

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is today's (tonight's) Trivia Question.      Opposed to  yesterday when I asked about the HCs that won the most game I ask this.

    Which Head Coaches have the best Win;Loss  Percentage record in history.   Minimum is like 50 games coached.   Name the Top 12.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Bill Belichick, Vince Lombardi, John Madden, Paul Brown, Don Shula, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Mike Tomlin 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Jeff Fisher ?  Who got that one ?   Plus the long time at one place coaches with one team are getting rare with the rich owners and demanding fans and the win now attitude.

    Good one.

  • Bill Belichick, Vince Lombardi, John Madden, Paul Brown, Don Shula, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Mike Tomlin 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Bill Belichick, Vince Lombardi, John Madden, Paul Brown, Don Shula, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Mike Tomlin 

    What only 10, I guess that you don't know sports very well.   😆

    The other two must be a bit obscure, have to give it some thought.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Curly Lambeau was my first choice the second I have a few.

  • Bill Belichick, Vince Lombardi, John Madden, Paul Brown, Don Shula, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Mike Tomlin 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Bill Belichick, Vince Lombardi, John Madden, Paul Brown, Don Shula, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Mike Tomlin 

    Highlighted are correct,  others are not. 

  • Curly Lambeau was my first choice the second I have a few.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mjp28 said:

    Curly Lambeau was my first choice the second I have a few.

    No on Lambeau.

    Hint on the  remaining 7 names:   4 of them were wholly Pre-Super Bowl as far as I know.  Another couple on the edge of Pre-SB and SB eras. 

    In other words, only one of them coached past the 1970s.....and that one I think you will find to be a complete surprise. Lets just say that his pro coaching career is perceived to be better than his college coaching career. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Ok Shottenheimer was regarded as not a great coach by some BROWNS fans and never won he big one but I'll take a shot on him.

    Chuck Knox and Mike Holmgren. 

  • Ok Shottenheimer was regarded as not a great coach by some BROWNS fans and never won he big one but I'll take a shot on him.

    Chuck Knox and Mike Holmgren. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mjp28 said:

    Ok Shottenheimer was regarded as not a great coach by some BROWNS fans and never won he big one but I'll take a shot on him.

    Chuck Knox and Mike Holmgren. 

    None of them are correct. 

    I will give another hint:  of two of them that are left,  they coached in and lost their only Super Bowl appearances. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Curly Lambeau was my first choice the second I have a few.

    No on Lambeau.

    Hint on the  remaining 7 names:   4 of them were wholly Pre-Super Bowl as far as I know.  Another couple on the edge of Pre-SB and SB eras. 

    In other words, only one of them coached past the 1970s.....and that one I think you will find to be a complete surprise. Lets just say that his pro coaching career is perceived to be better than his college coaching career. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    No on Lambeau.

    Hint on the  remaining 7 names:   4 of them were wholly Pre-Super Bowl as far as I know.  Another couple on the edge of Pre-SB and SB eras. 

    In other words, only one of them coached past the 1970s.....and that one I think you will find to be a complete surprise. Lets just say that his pro coaching career is perceived to be better than his college coaching career. 

    Ok former Trojan now Seattle coach Pete Carroll.

    Oldies, think SB, can't be Weeb Ewbank. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    No on Lambeau.

    Hint on the  remaining 7 names:   4 of them were wholly Pre-Super Bowl as far as I know.  Another couple on the edge of Pre-SB and SB eras. 

    In other words, only one of them coached past the 1970s.....and that one I think you will find to be a complete surprise. Lets just say that his pro coaching career is perceived to be better than his college coaching career. 

    Ok former Trojan now Seattle coach Pete Carroll.

    Oldies, think SB, can't be Weeb Ewbank. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mjp28 said:

    Ok former Trojan now Seattle coach Pete Carroll.

    Oldies, think SB, can't be Weeb Ewbank. 

    NO. 

    Another hint....there are 3 former Browns coaches on the list. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Ok former Trojan now Seattle coach Pete Carroll.

    Oldies, think SB, can't be Weeb Ewbank. 

    NO. 

    Another hint....there are 3 former Browns coaches on the list. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    NO. 

    Another hint....there are 3 former Browns coaches on the list. 

    BROWNS Blanton Collier.

    Now to empty the foot locker - Mike McCarthy, Tony Dungy and one of my old favorites George Allen.

  • @the-gipper said:

    NO. 

    Another hint....there are 3 former Browns coaches on the list. 

    BROWNS Blanton Collier.

    Now to empty the foot locker - Mike McCarthy, Tony Dungy and one of my old favorites George Allen.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    BROWNS Blanton Collier.

    Now to empty the foot locker - Mike McCarthy, Tony Dungy and one of my old favorites George Allen.

    Yes on Collier and Allen.    No on McCarthy/Dungy