Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • Da Bears ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gorka said:

    Da Bears ?

    No, never played the Bears.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is today's Trivia Question.   It is in 2 parts.   Each about particular playoff performances:

    Answers: 

    A.  Name the 6 current AFC teams that the Browns have NOT  met in postseason play/playoffs.

    Ravens,  Bengals,  Chargers, Texans, Jaguars,  Chiefs

    B. Name the 6 current NFC teams the Browns HAVE met in postseason play/playoffs. 

    Cowboys,  Packers, Rams, Giants, Lions, 49ers...and another the Vikings.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Here is today's trivia Question....plus a bonus:

    Twelve players in NFL history have rushed for over  250 yards in a single game.

    Name as many as you can.

    Bonus:  Only 3 players have rushed for 220 or more yards three or more times in their career.  Name these 3. 

    If you give a name...specify which category you are putting the player in.

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by

    I remember Jerome Harrison having a monster game in his one good season. I think he's on the list.

    Adrian Peterson of course holds the record.

    I'll go out on a limb (not really) and say that OJ is on both lists. Probably Corey Dillon too. 

    I think Derrick Henry did it recently.

    I'd like to think Jim Brown did it at least once. Ditto Walter Payton.

    And I believe DeMarco Murray hit 250 like 7 or 8 years ago.

    But that's a good one.

  • I remember Jerome Harrison having a monster game in his one good season. I think he's on the list.

    Adrian Peterson of course holds the record.

    I'll go out on a limb (not really) and say that OJ is on both lists. Probably Corey Dillon too. 

    I think Derrick Henry did it recently.

    I'd like to think Jim Brown did it at least once. Ditto Walter Payton.

    And I believe DeMarco Murray hit 250 like 7 or 8 years ago.

    But that's a good one.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    I remember Jerome Harrison having a monster game in his one good season. I think he's on the list.

    Adrian Peterson of course holds the record.

    I'll go out on a limb (not really) and say that OJ is on both lists. Probably Corey Dillon too. 

    I think Derrick Henry did it recently.

    I'd like to think Jim Brown did it at least once. Ditto Walter Payton.

    And I believe DeMarco Murray hit 250 like 7 or 8 years ago.

    But that's a good one.

    Highlighted are correct.   Others...Henry JB are not. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    Jamal Lewis did it against us. I had the privilege of watching that one at a Sports Bar with A Rat Turd fan. 
     

    Some other guesses Priest Holmes.

    Eric Dickerson he had some huge games back in the day. 

    One potential obvious that did not is LT.  He did not have a 250 yard game I remember a halftime tribute to him at The Q. He had 200 yard games but nothing over 250

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    Barry Sanders comes to mind as someone who ran for over 220 yards more than 3 times.

  • Barry Sanders comes to mind as someone who ran for over 220 yards more than 3 times.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Barry Sanders comes to mind as someone who ran for over 220 yards more than 3 times.

    NO

  • Jamal Lewis did it against us. I had the privilege of watching that one at a Sports Bar with A Rat Turd fan. 
     

    Some other guesses Priest Holmes.

    Eric Dickerson he had some huge games back in the day. 

    One potential obvious that did not is LT.  He did not have a 250 yard game I remember a halftime tribute to him at The Q. He had 200 yard games but nothing over 250

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Jamal Lewis did it against us. I had the privilege of watching that one at a Sports Bar with A Rat Turd fan. 
     

    Some other guesses Priest Holmes.

    Eric Dickerson he had some huge games back in the day. 

    One potential obvious that did not is LT.  He did not have a 250 yard game I remember a halftime tribute to him at The Q. He had 200 yard games but nothing over 250

    Check on Lewis.  No on Dickerson and Holmes.  Dickerson had 248 in his best game.   As far as Holmes, there is a guy who I always got confused with Holmes that did do it. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Jamal Lewis did it against us. I had the privilege of watching that one at a Sports Bar with A Rat Turd fan. 
     

    Some other guesses Priest Holmes.

    Eric Dickerson he had some huge games back in the day. 

    One potential obvious that did not is LT.  He did not have a 250 yard game I remember a halftime tribute to him at The Q. He had 200 yard games but nothing over 250

    Check on Lewis.  No on Dickerson and Holmes.  Dickerson had 248 in his best game.   As far as Holmes, there is a guy who I always got confused with Holmes that did do it. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Check on Lewis.  No on Dickerson and Holmes.  Dickerson had 248 in his best game.   As far as Holmes, there is a guy who I always got confused with Holmes that did do it. 

    Jamaal Charles 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Check on Lewis.  No on Dickerson and Holmes.  Dickerson had 248 in his best game.   As far as Holmes, there is a guy who I always got confused with Holmes that did do it. 

    Jamaal Charles 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Jamaal Charles 

    Check....  do you agree that  those 2 get confused?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Didn't Jamal Lewis rack up something like 600 yards against the BROWNS in one season?  Kind of made his year.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Over 250 a couple of ok guys to do it Cory Dillon a Cinci guy and Seattle's Shaun Alexender.

  • Didn't Jamal Lewis rack up something like 600 yards against the BROWNS in one season?  Kind of made his year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Didn't Jamal Lewis rack up something like 600 yards against the BROWNS in one season?  Kind of made his year.

    No...but like 295 in one game.    Lewis already named.

  • Over 250 a couple of ok guys to do it Cory Dillon a Cinci guy and Seattle's Shaun Alexender.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Over 250 a couple of ok guys to do it Cory Dillon a Cinci guy and Seattle's Shaun Alexender.

    Dillon already named.  Check on Alexander.

    The remaining names are fairly obscure to be honest.

    Maybe try the second part:   OJ only named so far.

  • Didn't Jamal Lewis rack up something like 600 yards against the BROWNS in one season?  Kind of made his year.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Didn't Jamal Lewis rack up something like 600 yards against the BROWNS in one season?  Kind of made his year.

    Yeah. Butch Davis had the best quote, something like "if it weren't for those 4 long runs, we held him in check." ?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Didn't Jamal Lewis rack up something like 600 yards against the BROWNS in one season?  Kind of made his year.

    Yeah. Butch Davis had the best quote, something like "if it weren't for those 4 long runs, we held him in check." ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Yeah. Butch Davis had the best quote, something like "if it weren't for those 4 long runs, we held him in check." ?

    Yeah he ran for 295 and 205 in the year he got 2066......the BROWNS were quite generous to say the least.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Jamaal Charles 

    Check....  do you agree that  those 2 get confused?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Check....  do you agree that  those 2 get confused?

    yes I do.  

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Summary:

    A.  Three more names of players that  had over 250 in a game.    HInts:  One of them is still active I believe.   One played for a defunct team...and is obscure as hell.  

    B. Only one of the three named:  OJ.      One other should be a no brainer, and the 3rd  has been mentioned here. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is today's trivia Question....plus a bonus:

    Twelve players in NFL history have rushed for over  250 yards in a single game.

    Name as many as you can.

    Answers:

    Adrian Peterson  296

    Jamal Lewis  295

    Jerome Harrison 286

    Corey Dillon  278

    Walter Payton  275

    OJ Simpson 273

    Shaun Alexander  266

    Jamal Charles  259

    Demarco Murray  253

    Mike Anderson 251

    Doug Martion  251

    Spec  Sanders 250

    OJ Simpson ...again  250

    Bonus:  Only 3 players have rushed for 220 or more yards three or more times in their career.  Name these 3. 

    Jim Brown....ran between 220 and 249  4 times in his career  (high was 237...twice)   (but never 250 or more)

    OJ Simpson.....3 times...including the two above

    Jamaal Charles....3 times.

    and thats it. 

    If you give a name...specify which category you are putting the player in.