Skip to content

Ian Rapoport Tweet Multiple players had drug tests flagged at the NFL Combine including Becton's

The Browns Board
23 10 686
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14
     
    Multiple players had drug tests flagged at the NFL Combine & among those is projected top 10 pick #Louisville OT Mekhi Becton, I’m told. Teams were made aware of this. Becton had no failed drug tests in college. Per new CBA rules, he goes into Stage 1 for no more than 60 days.
  •  
    Multiple players had drug tests flagged at the NFL Combine & among those is projected top 10 pick #Louisville OT Mekhi Becton, I’m told. Teams were made aware of this. Becton had no failed drug tests in college. Per new CBA rules, he goes into Stage 1 for no more than 60 days.
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tour2ma said:

    I assume these are not for weed. They are there for either PED’s or some other street drug

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Let us hope that puts Becton off the Browns radar.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I assume these are not for weed. They are there for either PED’s or some other street drug

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    I assume these are not for weed. They are there for either PED’s or some other street drug

    Not sure why you'd assume that.

    While weed can no longer produce suspensions, it's still "illegal" and leads to counseling, fines, increased testing, etc.

  •  
    Multiple players had drug tests flagged at the NFL Combine & among those is projected top 10 pick #Louisville OT Mekhi Becton, I’m told. Teams were made aware of this. Becton had no failed drug tests in college. Per new CBA rules, he goes into Stage 1 for no more than 60 days.
    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tour2ma said:

    How bad of a LT was Nate Solder for the Giants last season? or how bad did pff grade him last year?...I look at the Giants depth chart & looks to me they need a RT.(if not 2). or was Solder a better RT at Pats? I see more of Wills or Wirfs fitting here..am i wrong?

    Zona just re-signed their LT...so I mocked Wills staying at RT for the Cards....

    If we need a LT? We should see Becton, Thomas & Jones at pick 10? #11 Jets & #14 Tampa must go Left imo

  • @the-gipper said:

    I assume these are not for weed. They are there for either PED’s or some other street drug

    Not sure why you'd assume that.

    While weed can no longer produce suspensions, it's still "illegal" and leads to counseling, fines, increased testing, etc.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    Not sure why you'd assume that.

    While weed can no longer produce suspensions, it's still "illegal" and leads to counseling, fines, increased testing, etc.

    So this flagging. What does this mean exactly? And does weed cause such flagging these days? With the new CBA flags are different these days right?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I assume these are not for weed. They are there for either PED’s or some other street drug

    Not sure why you'd assume that.

    While weed can no longer produce suspensions, it's still "illegal" and leads to counseling, fines, increased testing, etc.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    Not sure why you'd assume that.

    While weed can no longer produce suspensions, it's still "illegal" and leads to counseling, fines, increased testing, etc.

    Because I thought they weren’t even testing for it anymore. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    How bad of a LT was Nate Solder for the Giants last season? or how bad did pff grade him last year?...I look at the Giants depth chart & looks to me they need a RT.(if not 2). or was Solder a better RT at Pats? I see more of Wills or Wirfs fitting here..am i wrong?

    Zona just re-signed their LT...so I mocked Wills staying at RT for the Cards....

    If we need a LT? We should see Becton, Thomas & Jones at pick 10? #11 Jets & #14 Tampa must go Left imo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gumby73 said:

    How bad of a LT was Nate Solder for the Giants last season? or how bad did pff grade him last year?...I look at the Giants depth chart & looks to me they need a RT.(if not 2). or was Solder a better RT at Pats? I see more of Wills or Wirfs fitting here..am i wrong?

    Solder only played RT in NE during his rookie year then he was a fixture at LT for 5 years.... but yes, he was very bad at LT for NYG.

    Manning/Jones held the ball a lil bit longer than TB12...

    NYG was the only one that did not see Solder's fail coming.

    No idea what NYG is going to do at #4, but I doubt they take an OT there. They are financially committed to Solder thru 2020.

  • ... but under the new CBA it's no big deal.

    Potential Cleveland Browns draft target Zack Baun, an edge rusher from Wisconsin, tested positive at the NFL Scouting Combine with a diluted sample, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. The new collective bargaining agreement renders this no longer punishable under NFL rules, so it doesn't count against Baun entering the league and it's entirely up to teams to decide how much they care. It's not likely to impact his draft stock.

    The diluted sample has been an ongoing issue for prospects the NFL has not really dealt with, but the latest CBA enables them to avoid it. The sample submitted to be tested is basically overwatered because the prospect in question flushed their system. Rather than re-testing the prospect and getting a better sample, they simply take this test and call it a diluted sample.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/wisconsin-edge-rusher-zack-baun-tests-positive-for-diluted-sample-at-nfl-scouting-combine

    The times they are a changin'...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    ... but under the new CBA it's no big deal.

    The times they are a changin'...

    I'm waiting for some knucklehead to say the reason he failed his drug test was to get everybody's mind off him failing the Wonderlic Test.    

  • @gumby73 said:

    How bad of a LT was Nate Solder for the Giants last season? or how bad did pff grade him last year?...I look at the Giants depth chart & looks to me they need a RT.(if not 2). or was Solder a better RT at Pats? I see more of Wills or Wirfs fitting here..am i wrong?

    Solder only played RT in NE during his rookie year then he was a fixture at LT for 5 years.... but yes, he was very bad at LT for NYG.

    Manning/Jones held the ball a lil bit longer than TB12...

    NYG was the only one that did not see Solder's fail coming.

    No idea what NYG is going to do at #4, but I doubt they take an OT there. They are financially committed to Solder thru 2020.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    Solder only played RT in NE during his rookie year then he was a fixture at LT for 5 years.... but yes, he was very bad at LT for NYG.

    Manning/Jones held the ball a lil bit longer than TB12...

    NYG was the only one that did not see Solder's fail coming.

    No idea what NYG is going to do at #4, but I doubt they take an OT there. They are financially committed to Solder thru 2020.

    Before that, they were the only team that didn't see Ereck Flowers' fail coming.  While it's a good point about the financial commitment to Solder, will they have a better shot at their choice of pick of the litter at LT in 2021 than #4 overall?   If they do continue on with Solder for 1 more season - they could be thinking about a guy like Matt Peart after round 1.