Skip to content

Remember when I said they were trying to trade OBJ?

The Browns Board
153 23 3.6k 2
  • @icecube said:

    Brady ball washing capital of the world. And yes, it does take courage to admit you're from Akron. 

    I am not from Akron.  But nearby enough to claim it.  And be proud of it.  I was born in Barberton...and let's see...does Barberton have any kind of history when it comes to producing football people?  Let's see:   Bo Schembechler, HC Michigan;   John Mackovic   Chiefs/Longhorns HC;  Josh McDaniels.....Broncos HC/Pats OC;   Tom Dmitroff  Falcons GM. 

    But, I guess if sucking on nuts is big where you come from, then you must be that town's favorite son. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by Icecube

    @the-gipper said:

    I am not from Akron.  But nearby enough to claim it.  And be proud of it.  I was born in Barberton...and let's see...does Barberton have any kind of history when it comes to producing football people?  Let's see:   Bo Schembechler, HC Michigan;   John Mackovic   Chiefs/Longhorns HC;  Josh McDaniels.....Broncos HC/Pats OC;   Tom Dmitroff  Falcons GM. 

    But, I guess if sucking on nuts is big where you come from, then you must be that town's favorite son. 

    I've been to to Akron. Dear Jeebus on a popsicle stick. I thought I was in Haiti. When Youngstown looks like paradise compared to your town, well....ummmm, let's just leave it at that. And touting Josh McDaniels as someone to brag about, well, there goes some more Brady ball washing. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am not from Akron.  But nearby enough to claim it.  And be proud of it.  I was born in Barberton...and let's see...does Barberton have any kind of history when it comes to producing football people?  Let's see:   Bo Schembechler, HC Michigan;   John Mackovic   Chiefs/Longhorns HC;  Josh McDaniels.....Broncos HC/Pats OC;   Tom Dmitroff  Falcons GM. 

    But, I guess if sucking on nuts is big where you come from, then you must be that town's favorite son. 

    I've been to to Akron. Dear Jeebus on a popsicle stick. I thought I was in Haiti. When Youngstown looks like paradise compared to your town, well....ummmm, let's just leave it at that. And touting Josh McDaniels as someone to brag about, well, there goes some more Brady ball washing. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @icecube said:

    I've been to Toledo. Dear Jeebus on a popsicle stick. I thought I was in Haiti. When Youngstown looks like paradise compared to your town, well....ummmm, let's just leave it at that. And touting Josh McDaniels as someone to brag about, well, there goes some more Brady ball washing. 

    I was listing anyone prominent in NFL circles that were Barberton natives.  And he does have 5 Super Bowl rings on his fingers....as an NFL offensive coordinator.   So...yes,  he is someone to brag about.    And he came close to being the HC of the CBs. 

    And what does Toledo have to do with anything?    And why are you still too gutless to state where you are from?  (probably because it would fare poorly when put up against  Toledo and Youngstown.).    I don't know where "Brady ball washington"  is.   Though you made fun of Unsymp. for being from Somerville Mass.   Are you another Chowderhead?

  • @nero said:

    I loved "Frito" lol. I like the original Star Wars, but I'm more fond of the LOTR. 

    Both sagas are amazing for me mainly for the art and music direction (John Williams was the best ever) , but I like the LOTR story and acting better. 

    Just as long as everyone knows that the true top dog when it comes to trilogies is The Godfather Trilogy. 

    And The Godfather III is a flaming pile of dung. That's how good the first two movies are. ?

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just as long as everyone knows that the true top dog when it comes to trilogies is The Godfather Trilogy. 

    And The Godfather III is a flaming pile of dung. That's how good the first two movies are. ?

    What about the 1st three Rocky's? III was the best. 

  • @icecube said:

    I've been to Toledo. Dear Jeebus on a popsicle stick. I thought I was in Haiti. When Youngstown looks like paradise compared to your town, well....ummmm, let's just leave it at that. And touting Josh McDaniels as someone to brag about, well, there goes some more Brady ball washing. 

    I was listing anyone prominent in NFL circles that were Barberton natives.  And he does have 5 Super Bowl rings on his fingers....as an NFL offensive coordinator.   So...yes,  he is someone to brag about.    And he came close to being the HC of the CBs. 

    And what does Toledo have to do with anything?    And why are you still too gutless to state where you are from?  (probably because it would fare poorly when put up against  Toledo and Youngstown.).    I don't know where "Brady ball washington"  is.   Though you made fun of Unsymp. for being from Somerville Mass.   Are you another Chowderhead?

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I was listing anyone prominent in NFL circles that were Barberton natives.  And he does have 5 Super Bowl rings on his fingers....as an NFL offensive coordinator.   So...yes,  he is someone to brag about.    And he came close to being the HC of the CBs. 

    And what does Toledo have to do with anything?    And why are you still too gutless to state where you are from?  (probably because it would fare poorly when put up against  Toledo and Youngstown.).    I don't know where "Brady ball washington"  is.   Though you made fun of Unsymp. for being from Somerville Mass.   Are you another Chowderhead?

    Revealing where I lived would be gauche. I'm not sure you know of the concept. I think you're further ahead by offering non sequiturs involving an obsession with OBJ's junk.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I was listing anyone prominent in NFL circles that were Barberton natives.  And he does have 5 Super Bowl rings on his fingers....as an NFL offensive coordinator.   So...yes,  he is someone to brag about.    And he came close to being the HC of the CBs. 

    And what does Toledo have to do with anything?    And why are you still too gutless to state where you are from?  (probably because it would fare poorly when put up against  Toledo and Youngstown.).    I don't know where "Brady ball washington"  is.   Though you made fun of Unsymp. for being from Somerville Mass.   Are you another Chowderhead?

    Revealing where I lived would be gauche. I'm not sure you know of the concept. I think you're further ahead by offering non sequiturs involving an obsession with OBJ's junk.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Revealing where I lived would be gauche. I'm not sure you know of the concept. I think you're further ahead by offering non sequiturs involving an obsession with OBJ's junk.  

    It would not be gauche...but it is cowardly.  So be it,  Bert Lahr.

    fb8f7d9070782d4b6ef97143d4f9d96e.jpg

  • @icecube said:

    Revealing where I lived would be gauche. I'm not sure you know of the concept. I think you're further ahead by offering non sequiturs involving an obsession with OBJ's junk.  

    It would not be gauche...but it is cowardly.  So be it,  Bert Lahr.

    fb8f7d9070782d4b6ef97143d4f9d96e.jpg

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    It would not be gauche...but it is cowardly.  So be it,  Bert Lahr.

    fb8f7d9070782d4b6ef97143d4f9d96e.jpg

    Toledo man, there is much you just don't know. Your environment heavily forms your perspectives. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    It would not be gauche...but it is cowardly.  So be it,  Bert Lahr.

    fb8f7d9070782d4b6ef97143d4f9d96e.jpg

    Toledo man, there is much you just don't know. Your environment heavily forms your perspectives. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Toledo man, there is much you just don't know. Your environment heavily forms your perspectives. 

    You have "been to" Toledo...and now you know everything about it?  

    I bet then that I know everything about your town......just from you being there.  (i.e.  it is one hell of a shithole)

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just as long as everyone knows that the true top dog when it comes to trilogies is The Godfather Trilogy. 

    And The Godfather III is a flaming pile of dung. That's how good the first two movies are. ?

    What about the 1st three Rocky's? III was the best. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    What about the 1st three Rocky's? III was the best. 

    Stop it. Rocky III was not even close to the best. 

    The first two are great.

  • @icecube said:

    What about the 1st three Rocky's? III was the best. 

    Stop it. Rocky III was not even close to the best. 

    The first two are great.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stop it. Rocky III was not even close to the best. 

    The first two are great.

    III was with  Mr. T. right.    I did like it, but it is not as good as  I and II. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Stop it. Rocky III was not even close to the best. 

    The first two are great.

    III was with  Mr. T. right.    I did like it, but it is not as good as  I and II. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    III was with  Mr. T. right.    I did like it, but it is not as good as  I and II. 

    Yes. For some reason this movie, with the exception of Mickey dying in it, is completely forgettable to me. 

    Rocky IV is so damn entertaining, yet is so incredibly over-the-top rah rah go Mericuh! 

    Rocky V is garbage.

    Rocky Balboa, despite the silliness of the idea of Rocky boxing at a ridiculous age, is pretty darn good. 

    Never saw the Apollo Creed kid movies. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    III was with  Mr. T. right.    I did like it, but it is not as good as  I and II. 

    Yes. For some reason this movie, with the exception of Mickey dying in it, is completely forgettable to me. 

    Rocky IV is so damn entertaining, yet is so incredibly over-the-top rah rah go Mericuh! 

    Rocky V is garbage.

    Rocky Balboa, despite the silliness of the idea of Rocky boxing at a ridiculous age, is pretty darn good. 

    Never saw the Apollo Creed kid movies. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yes. For some reason this movie, with the exception of Mickey dying in it, is completely forgettable to me. 

    Rocky IV is so damn entertaining, yet is so incredibly over-the-top rah rah go Mericuh! 

    Rocky V is garbage.

    Rocky Balboa, despite the silliness of the idea of Rocky boxing at a ridiculous age, is pretty darn good. 

    Never saw the Apollo Creed kid movies. 

    Creed was actually quite outstanding.   Stallone got an acting Oscar nomination for it.  He didn't win....but he deserved the nomination IMO. 

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by

    Browns are done talking about reported OBJ trade talks

    Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2020, 7:19 PM EDT

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/browns-are-done-talking-about-reported-obj-trade-talks/

    The Browns went on the record on Thursday and off the record on Sunday to deny that they’re talking about trading receiver Odell Beckham Jr. On Monday, G.M. Andrew Berry went on the record to say that the Browns have nothing more to say about that, on or presumably off the record.

    “We communicate pretty consistently with all of our players,” Berry said during a Monday pre-draft teleconference, regarding whether the Browns have spoken to Berry about the reported trade talks with the Vikings. “Probably the last thing I will say on this Odell piece is just as an organization, we really have addressed this several times at this point. I really don’t think any more needs to be said about it.”

    Officially, the Browns had addressed it only once before Monday. But, as Berry put it, they won’t be addressing it again.

    Regardless of whether they will or won’t be addressing it again, the question becomes whether they’ve addressed it enough, privately or publicly, to get Beckham to believe that the Browns weren’t talking about trading him. If Beckham believes that the report was true, the Browns will have a potential problem that could resonate into the 2020 season.

    Share this:

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Thank you Vambo for bringing some actual information to this thread.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    Shit. This could be the end of the thread now. 

  • Shit. This could be the end of the thread now. 

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Shit. This could be the end of the thread now. 

    Offseason threads are fucking awesome. Tiger King shit all the way. 

  • @icecube said:

    What about the 1st three Rocky's? III was the best. 

    Stop it. Rocky III was not even close to the best. 

    The first two are great.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stop it. Rocky III was not even close to the best. 

    The first two are great.

    Personal preferences make the world go 'round. If I watch 1 now, it feels like a low budget 70's movie...and it is!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm not alone in liking 3 the best; the introduction of the Clubber Lang character was awesome. 

    "Clubber, do you have any prediction for the fight?"

    "Prediction? Pain."

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    Update: Cowherd said yesterday an inside source that he trust immensely told him the Browns did look into trading OBJ, but that when they found no one would give up a 1st round, they decided for the best of all parties, to stop trying. The source also said OBJ is not happy in da Land, but will "make the best of it" until the timing is right for him to go. He also said OBJ will no retire in Cleveland. Take it for what you will. 

    The good news it will be in OBJ's best interest to light it up this year, making a trade easier to pull off whenever that day comes. A 4 TD season won't really help his cause. 

  • Update: Cowherd said yesterday an inside source that he trust immensely told him the Browns did look into trading OBJ, but that when they found no one would give up a 1st round, they decided for the best of all parties, to stop trying. The source also said OBJ is not happy in da Land, but will "make the best of it" until the timing is right for him to go. He also said OBJ will no retire in Cleveland. Take it for what you will. 

    The good news it will be in OBJ's best interest to light it up this year, making a trade easier to pull off whenever that day comes. A 4 TD season won't really help his cause. 

    htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Update: Cowherd said yesterday an inside source that he trust immensely told him the Browns did look into trading OBJ, but that when they found no one would give up a 1st round, they decided for the best of all parties, to stop trying. The source also said OBJ is not happy in da Land, but will "make the best of it" until the timing is right for him to go. He also said OBJ will no retire in Cleveland. Take it for what you will. 

    The good news it will be in OBJ's best interest to light it up this year, making a trade easier to pull off whenever that day comes. A 4 TD season won't really help his cause. 

    Or Colin is full of shit....food for thought

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    How about this.....we combine the two subjects of this thread into a common element:  Rocky and OBJ.....both get the Eye of the Tiger:

  • Browns are done talking about reported OBJ trade talks

    Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2020, 7:19 PM EDT

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/browns-are-done-talking-about-reported-obj-trade-talks/

    The Browns went on the record on Thursday and off the record on Sunday to deny that they’re talking about trading receiver Odell Beckham Jr. On Monday, G.M. Andrew Berry went on the record to say that the Browns have nothing more to say about that, on or presumably off the record.

    “We communicate pretty consistently with all of our players,” Berry said during a Monday pre-draft teleconference, regarding whether the Browns have spoken to Berry about the reported trade talks with the Vikings. “Probably the last thing I will say on this Odell piece is just as an organization, we really have addressed this several times at this point. I really don’t think any more needs to be said about it.”

    Officially, the Browns had addressed it only once before Monday. But, as Berry put it, they won’t be addressing it again.

    Regardless of whether they will or won’t be addressing it again, the question becomes whether they’ve addressed it enough, privately or publicly, to get Beckham to believe that the Browns weren’t talking about trading him. If Beckham believes that the report was true, the Browns will have a potential problem that could resonate into the 2020 season.

    Share this:

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @vambo said:

    Browns are done talking about reported OBJ trade talks

    Time to quit talking and start chalking?