Skip to content

Deep Thoughts with BrownsFaninPA

The Browns Board
67 16 1.3k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

      Side note - Colt not winning the Heisman that year was a crime.

    And yet who ended up with the better NFL career??

    All I remember about Colt's last college game was wimping out against Bama in the 1st Q of NC game.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #44

    @texasag1969 said:

    And yet who ended up with the better NFL career??

    All I remember about Colt's last college game was wimping out against Bama in the 1st Q of NC game.

    I mean, Colt is still in the league and Bradford isn't.  So.......

    Edit: as for "whimping out".  I had something similar happen to me once.  Fullback caught me from the side on a lead, got under my pad and basically put his helmet square on my shoulder.   I still don't know how i stayed on my feet and helped in the scrum. But my arm started tingling then burning almost immediately.  About 20 minutes later I could barely make a fist.   Had little grip strength for a few days after that. 

    I'm lucky it was a 230lb fullback and not a 310lb Marcel Dareus.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And yet who ended up with the better NFL career??

    All I remember about Colt's last college game was wimping out against Bama in the 1st Q of NC game.

    I mean, Colt is still in the league and Bradford isn't.  So.......

    Edit: as for "whimping out".  I had something similar happen to me once.  Fullback caught me from the side on a lead, got under my pad and basically put his helmet square on my shoulder.   I still don't know how i stayed on my feet and helped in the scrum. But my arm started tingling then burning almost immediately.  About 20 minutes later I could barely make a fist.   Had little grip strength for a few days after that. 

    I'm lucky it was a 230lb fullback and not a 310lb Marcel Dareus.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @tiamat63 said:

    I mean, Colt is still in the league and Bradford isn't.  So.......

    So Ingram is still in the league with a better career. I was thinking about 2009, Colt's Senior year.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I mean, Colt is still in the league and Bradford isn't.  So.......

    So Ingram is still in the league with a better career. I was thinking about 2009, Colt's Senior year.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @texasag1969 said:

    So Ingram is still in the league with a better career. I was thinking about 2009, Colt's Senior year.

    Neat.  McCoy should have won it in 08.

    Toby Geheart should have in 09. But Bama apparently "needed" their 1st Heisman winner.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So Ingram is still in the league with a better career. I was thinking about 2009, Colt's Senior year.

    Neat.  McCoy should have won it in 08.

    Toby Geheart should have in 09. But Bama apparently "needed" their 1st Heisman winner.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @tiamat63 said:

    Neat.  McCoy should have won it in 08.

    Toby Geheart should have in 09. But Bama apparently "needed" their 1st Heisman winner.

    And he's proved it out over an excellent career.?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Neat.  McCoy should have won it in 08.

    Toby Geheart should have in 09. But Bama apparently "needed" their 1st Heisman winner.

    And he's proved it out over an excellent career.?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #48

    @texasag1969 said:

    And he's proved it out over an excellent career.?

    By this logic 1/2 of your schools Heisman winners should hand back in their statue. Because Manti Te'o is still playing and starting on occasion, while Johnny Hate crime is probably out sucking dick for his fix.

    Stick to the poli board, your own line of thinking was too easy to use against you.   Also, just a reminder, A&M is the useful idiot cousin of SEC schools.  You're a convenient program for them and little more.   So please, spare me your pimping of Bama's trophy winners.  They are at least a historically relavent program.

  • @orion said:

    Lets see what 'The Patriot Way' looks like without Tom.

    Count me as one who thinks the Patriots will NOT suck without Brady.

    Mike

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @canton-mike said:

    Count me as one who thinks the Patriots will NOT suck without Brady.

    Mike

    Didn't NE go 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB in 2008 when Brady blew out his knee in the opener?  The last time Cleveland won 11 regular season games we had Vinny Testaverde starting at QB.   The thing both of these teams had in common was their Head Coach (Bill Belichick).  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And he's proved it out over an excellent career.?

    By this logic 1/2 of your schools Heisman winners should hand back in their statue. Because Manti Te'o is still playing and starting on occasion, while Johnny Hate crime is probably out sucking dick for his fix.

    Stick to the poli board, your own line of thinking was too easy to use against you.   Also, just a reminder, A&M is the useful idiot cousin of SEC schools.  You're a convenient program for them and little more.   So please, spare me your pimping of Bama's trophy winners.  They are at least a historically relavent program.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tiamat63 said:

    By this logic 1/2 of your schools Heisman winners should hand back in their statue. Because Manti Te'o is still playing and starting on occasion, while Johnny Hate crime is probably out sucking dick for his fix.

    Stick to the poli board, your own line of thinking was too easy to use against you.   Also, just a reminder, A&M is the useful idiot cousin of SEC schools.  You're a convenient program for them and little more.   So please, spare me your pimping of Bama's trophy winners.  They are at least a historically relavent program.

    Where did that come from? I've had no problem saying JFF was a miserable failure, so there really isn't any logic to use against me. I'll stop molesting your cat though.?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And he's proved it out over an excellent career.?

    By this logic 1/2 of your schools Heisman winners should hand back in their statue. Because Manti Te'o is still playing and starting on occasion, while Johnny Hate crime is probably out sucking dick for his fix.

    Stick to the poli board, your own line of thinking was too easy to use against you.   Also, just a reminder, A&M is the useful idiot cousin of SEC schools.  You're a convenient program for them and little more.   So please, spare me your pimping of Bama's trophy winners.  They are at least a historically relavent program.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #51

    @tiamat63 said:

    By this logic 1/2 of your schools Heisman winners should hand back in their statue. Because Manti Te'o is still playing and starting on occasion, while Johnny Hate crime is probably out sucking dick for his fix.

    Stick to the poli board, your own line of thinking was too easy to use against you.   Also, just a reminder, A&M is the useful idiot cousin of SEC schools.  You're a convenient program for them and little more.   So please, spare me your pimping of Bama's trophy winners.  They are at least a historically relavent program.

    Maybe Bama should have had a couple of Heisman winners that were not:   Namath....but John Huarte won it his senior year.  1967...Stabler,  but  Gary Beban won  (but to be honest...Stabler did not have a great senior year....one of the reasons he dropped to 2d rounder)

  • @canton-mike said:

    Count me as one who thinks the Patriots will NOT suck without Brady.

    Mike

    Didn't NE go 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB in 2008 when Brady blew out his knee in the opener?  The last time Cleveland won 11 regular season games we had Vinny Testaverde starting at QB.   The thing both of these teams had in common was their Head Coach (Bill Belichick).  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @flugel said:

    Didn't NE go 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB in 2008 when Brady blew out his knee in the opener?  The last time Cleveland won 11 regular season games we had Vinny Testaverde starting at QB.   The thing both of these teams had in common was their Head Coach (Bill Belichick).  

    But he also went 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe at QB,  And in addition to  the year with 11 wins with Vinny, he also had 2 seasons with losing records with Vinny and others at QB. 

    I have always said:   Yes, BB is a good enough HC to have his team's make the occasional playoffs......but without Tom Brady....he has more losing seasons than winning seasons.  In fact, it is:   2 winning seasons  (1 making playoffs)   5 losing seasons  without Brady....  -0- losing seasons with him as his starter.

    Just the facts ma'am.

    But now we shall see going forward.  

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #53

    You changed the title and content of this thread that already had replies.
     

    Not cool man

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Saw the thread title and thought I'd only get 5 or 6 posts down before seeing this, but 2 pages later and nothing........You all disappoint me.

    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

  • Saw the thread title and thought I'd only get 5 or 6 posts down before seeing this, but 2 pages later and nothing........You all disappoint me.

    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @d-bone said:

    Saw the thread title and thought I'd only get 5 or 6 posts down before seeing this, but 2 pages later and nothing........You all disappoint me.

    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

    Related to W.C. Handey? 

  • Saw the thread title and thought I'd only get 5 or 6 posts down before seeing this, but 2 pages later and nothing........You all disappoint me.

    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @d-bone said:

    Saw the thread title and thought I'd only get 5 or 6 posts down before seeing this, but 2 pages later and nothing........You all disappoint me.

    The slinkie one I posted was a Jack Handey...

    @dutch-oven said:

    I thought this was the injury that affected his throwing for years? Or did he get hurt with the Browns and I'm forgetting it?

    It was... the shot he took early in the BCS vs. BAMA severely damaged the nerve bundle running to his throwing arm. It took 5 years for it to repair itself.

    It wasn't until his first year with WSH that his arm "felt alive". The added zip was visible.

  • @d-bone said:

    Saw the thread title and thought I'd only get 5 or 6 posts down before seeing this, but 2 pages later and nothing........You all disappoint me.

    The slinkie one I posted was a Jack Handey...

    @dutch-oven said:

    I thought this was the injury that affected his throwing for years? Or did he get hurt with the Browns and I'm forgetting it?

    It was... the shot he took early in the BCS vs. BAMA severely damaged the nerve bundle running to his throwing arm. It took 5 years for it to repair itself.

    It wasn't until his first year with WSH that his arm "felt alive". The added zip was visible.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @tour2ma said:

    The slinkie one I posted was a Jack Handey...

    My confidence in humanity has been restored..... and no surprise it was you. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    By this logic 1/2 of your schools Heisman winners should hand back in their statue. Because Manti Te'o is still playing and starting on occasion, while Johnny Hate crime is probably out sucking dick for his fix.

    Stick to the poli board, your own line of thinking was too easy to use against you.   Also, just a reminder, A&M is the useful idiot cousin of SEC schools.  You're a convenient program for them and little more.   So please, spare me your pimping of Bama's trophy winners.  They are at least a historically relavent program.

    Where did that come from? I've had no problem saying JFF was a miserable failure, so there really isn't any logic to use against me. I'll stop molesting your cat though.?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @texasag1969 said:

    Where did that come from? I've had no problem saying JFF was a miserable failure, so there really isn't any logic to use against me. I'll stop molesting your cat though.?

    So.... what the problem was -   I've been doing intermittent fasting to help with my cuts before I clean bulk.   And when baby's blood sugar starts to get low, I am a fucking demon.  Good lord, I have no idea why I was so pissed off this morning.   I'm also taking a cycle of animal stak and I'm sure that shit isn't helping any.

    A&M can still kiss my ass, but you ight by me 😃 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Where did that come from? I've had no problem saying JFF was a miserable failure, so there really isn't any logic to use against me. I'll stop molesting your cat though.?

    So.... what the problem was -   I've been doing intermittent fasting to help with my cuts before I clean bulk.   And when baby's blood sugar starts to get low, I am a fucking demon.  Good lord, I have no idea why I was so pissed off this morning.   I'm also taking a cycle of animal stak and I'm sure that shit isn't helping any.

    A&M can still kiss my ass, but you ight by me 😃 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @tiamat63 said:

    So.... what the problem was -   I've been doing intermittent fasting to help with my cuts before I clean bulk.   And when baby's blood sugar starts to get low, I am a fucking demon.  Good lord, I have no idea why I was so pissed off this morning.   I'm also taking a cycle of animal stak and I'm sure that shit isn't helping any.

    A&M can still kiss my ass, but you ight by me ?

    So I have permission to molest the cat then???

  • @tiamat63 said:

    So.... what the problem was -   I've been doing intermittent fasting to help with my cuts before I clean bulk.   And when baby's blood sugar starts to get low, I am a fucking demon.  Good lord, I have no idea why I was so pissed off this morning.   I'm also taking a cycle of animal stak and I'm sure that shit isn't helping any.

    A&M can still kiss my ass, but you ight by me ?

    So I have permission to molest the cat then???

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @texasag1969 said:

    So I have permission to molest the cat then???

    Be gentle.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So I have permission to molest the cat then???

    Be gentle.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @tiamat63 said:

    Be gentle.  

    I'm so good with cats that the grown kids of our friends who watched me with ours growing up that they tell their parents that when they come back after the die, they want to come back as one of my cats. I spoil 'em so rotten that they follow me around the house. My neighbor watched me herd my two in from the outback yesterday and said, "I didn't think it was actually possible to herd cats. How did you do that?" ?? Giddy up!?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    So.... what the problem was -   I've been doing intermittent fasting to help with my cuts before I clean bulk.   And when baby's blood sugar starts to get low, I am a fucking demon.  Good lord, I have no idea why I was so pissed off this morning.   I'm also taking a cycle of animal stak and I'm sure that shit isn't helping any.

    A&M can still kiss my ass, but you ight by me ?

    So I have permission to molest the cat then???

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @texasag1969 said:

    So I have permission to molest the cat then???

    sox calzini.jpg

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Be gentle.  

    I'm so good with cats that the grown kids of our friends who watched me with ours growing up that they tell their parents that when they come back after the die, they want to come back as one of my cats. I spoil 'em so rotten that they follow me around the house. My neighbor watched me herd my two in from the outback yesterday and said, "I didn't think it was actually possible to herd cats. How did you do that?" ?? Giddy up!?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm so good with cats that the grown kids of our friends who watched me with ours growing up that they tell their parents that when they come back after the die, they want to come back as one of my cats. I spoil 'em so rotten that they follow me around the house. My neighbor watched me herd my two in from the outback yesterday and said, "I didn't think it was actually possible to herd cats. How did you do that?" ?? Giddy up!?

    So you're a creepy cat lady?

    THAT..... would explain some things.