Skip to content

Who Are You Tracking?

The Browns Board
20 7 440
  • Chase Claypool, who I envision being converted from a big WR in college to NFL TE as happened with Ozzie Newsome.

    Mike

  • Neville Gallimore typical Ravens pick that will hurt us.

    Zack Baun prototypical Steeler that hurts us for the next decade 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Zack Baun prototypical Steeler that hurts us for the next decade 

    Well said!   Unfortunately, we're still looking for a solution to another former Badger off the edge - TJ Watt.

  • I'm not tracking him, but am I the only one who thinks S Grant Delpit is over-rated? Missed tackles from a safety scare me like dropped passes from a TE. Some draft pundits have him as #1 Safety. I just don't see that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Mike

  • I'm not tracking him, but am I the only one who thinks S Grant Delpit is over-rated? Missed tackles from a safety scare me like dropped passes from a TE. Some draft pundits have him as #1 Safety. I just don't see that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I'm not tracking him, but am I the only one who thinks S Grant Delpit is over-rated? Missed tackles from a safety scare me like dropped passes from a TE. Some draft pundits have him as #1 Safety. I just don't see that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Mike

    We had the same line of thought on this one Mike!  I posted just about the same thing in Darren's Survey Draft Week MK2 thread about 10 hours earlier when I had to list a Biggest bust.

    Biggest bust is S Grant Delpit - when tackling is an issue for a safety it's as big of a red flag as a WR that drops too many passes. 

  • I'm not tracking him, but am I the only one who thinks S Grant Delpit is over-rated? Missed tackles from a safety scare me like dropped passes from a TE. Some draft pundits have him as #1 Safety. I just don't see that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I'm not tracking him, but am I the only one who thinks S Grant Delpit is over-rated? Missed tackles from a safety scare me like dropped passes from a TE. Some draft pundits have him as #1 Safety. I just don't see that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    I don't think anyone has fallen further down analysts' boards than Delpit. Kid was Top Five three months ago. Now? Around the Round 1/2 cusp mostly due to the tackling issue that Flugs raised which is a shame as the kid has ball skills to burn.

    Here's one analyst's take...

    Tackling - Man, he's frustrating here. He seems hesitant with the left shoulder to throw himself into tackles and he's super quick to drop his head and try to cut you down low. There's no reason for such lapses considering his reach and physical skill, which brings into question if he's physically/mentally over 2018 clavicle INJ.

    Lately I've seen him mocked to us at #41 way too much. Was there in one writer's "vision" of a "Browns' perfect draft".

  • am not a believer that the NCAA college rules are helping any DB's tackling... not only did they add targeting to ejections, but live football can't be taught well in shells all week...

    While coaches can only get 1 day of padded practices with real tackling per WEak..  not a bad college life for some* guys with degrees that can barely read and can now use spell check... 

  • am not a believer that the NCAA college rules are helping any DB's tackling... not only did they add targeting to ejections, but live football can't be taught well in shells all week...

    While coaches can only get 1 day of padded practices with real tackling per WEak..  not a bad college life for some* guys with degrees that can barely read and can now use spell check... 

    @gumby73 said:

    am not a believer that the NCAA college rules are helping any DB's tackling... not only did they add targeting to ejections, but live football can't be taught well in shells all week...

    While coaches can only get 1 day of padded practices with real tackling per WEak..  not a bad college life for some* guys with degrees that can barely read and can now use spell check... 

    watts spel chack??

  • am not a believer that the NCAA college rules are helping any DB's tackling... not only did they add targeting to ejections, but live football can't be taught well in shells all week...

    While coaches can only get 1 day of padded practices with real tackling per WEak..  not a bad college life for some* guys with degrees that can barely read and can now use spell check... 

    @gumby73 said:

    not only did they add targeting to ejections,

    At least starting in 2020 targeting ejections can remain on the sidelines...

    ... assuming there are any sidelines in 2020.

  • ttt

  • uuu?