Trent William's for a 3rd round pick...?
-
It has been announced the Redskins have informed Williams,s agent to no longer seek a trade. The Redskins have apparently agreed a trade with an unknown team.... this normally happens when a team want to take full control over the final details of a trade... Let's see who it is.
If it smells like the Browns, looks like the Browns, sounds like the Browns.................................
And/Or.................................................................................https://nflspinzone.com/2020/04/16/nfl-draft-rumors-browns-broncos-trade-first-round/
If it smells like the Browns, looks like the Browns, sounds like the Browns.................................
And/Or.................................................................................https://nflspinzone.com/2020/04/16/nfl-draft-rumors-browns-broncos-trade-first-round/
It makes sense just be wise with the contract.
We can always target a tackle early in the draft. I've said from Day 1 staying at 10 and just taking the 3rd or 4th tackle left is something I cant see the Browns doing. I don't think they like 2/3 maybe even 4 of the top 5.
Get Williams, Trade out of 10 and replace the pick you lose with him. And fix the D with this draft!!!
-
Well, if it was me, I'd just forget about the idea of trading for Williams. We're in excellent position to draft our LT for years - hopefully he gets to ten - that's Andrew Thomas. May well happen. I wonder about Williams' head problem...had trouble wearing his helmet afterwards?
Has that completely changed? Will it start being a problem again later? Will he demand a new contract after being traded to another team? A nice big signing bonus included?
Too many questions Just thinkin...I don't see it.
Well, if it was me, I'd just forget about the idea of trading for Williams. We're in excellent position to draft our LT for years - hopefully he gets to ten - that's Andrew Thomas. May well happen. I wonder about Williams' head problem...had trouble wearing his helmet afterwards?
Has that completely changed? Will it start being a problem again later? Will he demand a new contract after being traded to another team? A nice big signing bonus included?
Too many questions Just thinkin...I don't see it.
This is an absolute no brainer; there are bad signs all over the place with this guy and this draft is the most loaded at LT than I have ever seen. Screw old guys who have a bad attitude and haven't played in 2 years.
-
Well, if it was me, I'd just forget about the idea of trading for Williams. We're in excellent position to draft our LT for years - hopefully he gets to ten - that's Andrew Thomas. May well happen. I wonder about Williams' head problem...had trouble wearing his helmet afterwards?
Has that completely changed? Will it start being a problem again later? Will he demand a new contract after being traded to another team? A nice big signing bonus included?
Too many questions Just thinkin...I don't see it.
This is an absolute no brainer; there are bad signs all over the place with this guy and this draft is the most loaded at LT than I have ever seen. Screw old guys who have a bad attitude and haven't played in 2 years.
This is an absolute no brainer; there are bad signs all over the place with this guy and this draft is the most loaded at LT than I have ever seen. Screw old guys who have a bad attitude and haven't played in 2 years.
“Loaded” I would say good depth for sure.
Wirfs is being doubted at tackle. Wills played RT granted he protected a left handed QB but he’d change sides here anyway, Thomas okay, Jones is a good prospect, Becton I don’t see it. You have some intriguing guys down the line that I would say this is class loaded with depth.
But i don’t see a Joe Thomas or even Joe Thomas lite. Granted we may never see that again but we have a top 10 pick and supposedly there will be tackles off the board when we come to 10.
maybe we see a Dbrickashaw/Jake Long emerge 3/4 time probowler out of this group. I think it’s more likely we see a 2/3/4 round tackle play well enough to be a multi year probowler.
-
This is an absolute no brainer; there are bad signs all over the place with this guy and this draft is the most loaded at LT than I have ever seen. Screw old guys who have a bad attitude and haven't played in 2 years.
“Loaded” I would say good depth for sure.
Wirfs is being doubted at tackle. Wills played RT granted he protected a left handed QB but he’d change sides here anyway, Thomas okay, Jones is a good prospect, Becton I don’t see it. You have some intriguing guys down the line that I would say this is class loaded with depth.
But i don’t see a Joe Thomas or even Joe Thomas lite. Granted we may never see that again but we have a top 10 pick and supposedly there will be tackles off the board when we come to 10.
maybe we see a Dbrickashaw/Jake Long emerge 3/4 time probowler out of this group. I think it’s more likely we see a 2/3/4 round tackle play well enough to be a multi year probowler.
“Loaded” I would say good depth for sure.
Wirfs is being doubted at tackle. Wills played RT granted he protected a left handed QB but he’d change sides here anyway, Thomas okay, Jones is a good prospect, Becton I don’t see it. You have some intriguing guys down the line that I would say this is class loaded with depth.
But i don’t see a Joe Thomas or even Joe Thomas lite. Granted we may never see that again but we have a top 10 pick and supposedly there will be tackles off the board when we come to 10.
maybe we see a Dbrickashaw/Jake Long emerge 3/4 time probowler out of this group. I think it’s more likely we see a 2/3/4 round tackle play well enough to be a multi year probowler.
Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Thomas, Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland are all likely to go in the 1st round, 4 of them in top 10. Do you recall another draft this stacked with LTs? I don't. Not even close. Cleveland is in position to grab a Thomas, who is real good.
-
“Loaded” I would say good depth for sure.
Wirfs is being doubted at tackle. Wills played RT granted he protected a left handed QB but he’d change sides here anyway, Thomas okay, Jones is a good prospect, Becton I don’t see it. You have some intriguing guys down the line that I would say this is class loaded with depth.
But i don’t see a Joe Thomas or even Joe Thomas lite. Granted we may never see that again but we have a top 10 pick and supposedly there will be tackles off the board when we come to 10.
maybe we see a Dbrickashaw/Jake Long emerge 3/4 time probowler out of this group. I think it’s more likely we see a 2/3/4 round tackle play well enough to be a multi year probowler.
Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Thomas, Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland are all likely to go in the 1st round, 4 of them in top 10. Do you recall another draft this stacked with LTs? I don't. Not even close. Cleveland is in position to grab a Thomas, who is real good.
Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Thomas, Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland are all likely to go in the 1st round, 4 of them in top 10. Do you recall another draft this stacked with LTs? I don't. Not even close. Cleveland is in position to grab a Thomas, who is real good.
They could but it doesn't make it a loaded class. Most experts are saying this is not a top heavy draft. Someone needs to be 4...5...6...overall pick.
We've spent 2/3 months picking apart these players. I'm not saying folks on here are right or they should quit their day jobs. But to me taking the 3 or 4th best from this group at 10 is not value. Value to me is trading out of the spot and getting picks in 2-5 round range where the draft presents great value.
We need a Left tackle no doubt about it. I trust that our braintrust knows which of the 6 mentioned fit our scheme and will develop. Stress the word develop most of the guys you mention need some work some alot of work. I see alot of "just draft the guy and plug him in" I think we need insurance with this group like a Williams or Peters.
Aside from this, I know we need a couple "sandwich eaters" LT and maybe a guard but let's find a way to get Adam Trautman TE and Darryton Evans RB.
-
Early on, I thought there might be a run on OT's in the top ten, but the defensive talent
that should go in the top ten is serious. I want Thomas to fall to us at ten. My concern is, if all "experts" are wrong,
and Simmons and Thomas both fall to ten...
it's going to be an agonizing ten minutes. because even though I'm sure they thought all the scenarios out...
I don't think they will just up and know which one to pick, still. It will be ten minutes of agony maybe, and I'm sure
most of us will be in the same boat.
But Andrew Thomas seems like he has to be a Cleveland Brown.
-
Early on, I thought there might be a run on OT's in the top ten, but the defensive talent
that should go in the top ten is serious. I want Thomas to fall to us at ten. My concern is, if all "experts" are wrong,
and Simmons and Thomas both fall to ten...
it's going to be an agonizing ten minutes. because even though I'm sure they thought all the scenarios out...
I don't think they will just up and know which one to pick, still. It will be ten minutes of agony maybe, and I'm sure
most of us will be in the same boat.
But Andrew Thomas seems like he has to be a Cleveland Brown.
Early on, I thought there might be a run on OT's in the top ten, but the defensive talent
that should go in the top ten is serious. I want Thomas to fall to us at ten. My concern is, if all "experts" are wrong,
and Simmons and Thomas both fall to ten...
it's going to be an agonizing ten minutes. because even though I'm sure they thought all the scenarios out...
I don't think they will just up and know which one to pick, still. It will be ten minutes of agony maybe, and I'm sure
most of us will be in the same boat.
But Andrew Thomas seems like he has to be a Cleveland Brown.
If the rumors about the Browns putting an offer on the table for Williams are true, or at least that they have done some serious talking about it, then that is a sure-tell sign that they are willing to draft their LT for the future in the 2nd round or lower. Because they aren't going to get Williams AND draft an LT at #10.
If they feel that way, then I think it's reasonable to think that if their player is there at 10 who is not a LT e.g. Simmons or maybe Brown (my favorite and who I think is a sleeper for the Browns' pick), that they would select that player and get their LT in the 2nd round.
More likely, though, it looks as if they will be looking to trade down and grab their LT with the 15th pick or around there, and take the extra selections. But one thing is for sure, imo, and that is they are not locked into getting a LT at #10 at all, unless they can't trade down and there are no good alternatives available.
-
Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Thomas, Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland are all likely to go in the 1st round, 4 of them in top 10. Do you recall another draft this stacked with LTs? I don't. Not even close. Cleveland is in position to grab a Thomas, who is real good.
They could but it doesn't make it a loaded class. Most experts are saying this is not a top heavy draft. Someone needs to be 4...5...6...overall pick.
We've spent 2/3 months picking apart these players. I'm not saying folks on here are right or they should quit their day jobs. But to me taking the 3 or 4th best from this group at 10 is not value. Value to me is trading out of the spot and getting picks in 2-5 round range where the draft presents great value.
We need a Left tackle no doubt about it. I trust that our braintrust knows which of the 6 mentioned fit our scheme and will develop. Stress the word develop most of the guys you mention need some work some alot of work. I see alot of "just draft the guy and plug him in" I think we need insurance with this group like a Williams or Peters.
Aside from this, I know we need a couple "sandwich eaters" LT and maybe a guard but let's find a way to get Adam Trautman TE and Darryton Evans RB.
They could but it doesn't make it a loaded class. Most experts are saying this is not a top heavy draft. Someone needs to be 4...5...6...overall pick.
We've spent 2/3 months picking apart these players. I'm not saying folks on here are right or they should quit their day jobs. But to me taking the 3 or 4th best from this group at 10 is not value. Value to me is trading out of the spot and getting picks in 2-5 round range where the draft presents great value.
We need a Left tackle no doubt about it. I trust that our braintrust knows which of the 6 mentioned fit our scheme and will develop. Stress the word develop most of the guys you mention need some work some alot of work. I see alot of "just draft the guy and plug him in" I think we need insurance with this group like a Williams or Peters.
Aside from this, I know we need a couple "sandwich eaters" LT and maybe a guard but let's find a way to get Adam Trautman TE and Darryton Evans RB.
You're more worried about a RB when they have Chubb and Hunt, while the LT spot is the worst in the NFL? Not sure I follow. And didn't we just sign Hooper at TE and still have nJOKE-on-u?
-
They could but it doesn't make it a loaded class. Most experts are saying this is not a top heavy draft. Someone needs to be 4...5...6...overall pick.
We've spent 2/3 months picking apart these players. I'm not saying folks on here are right or they should quit their day jobs. But to me taking the 3 or 4th best from this group at 10 is not value. Value to me is trading out of the spot and getting picks in 2-5 round range where the draft presents great value.
We need a Left tackle no doubt about it. I trust that our braintrust knows which of the 6 mentioned fit our scheme and will develop. Stress the word develop most of the guys you mention need some work some alot of work. I see alot of "just draft the guy and plug him in" I think we need insurance with this group like a Williams or Peters.
Aside from this, I know we need a couple "sandwich eaters" LT and maybe a guard but let's find a way to get Adam Trautman TE and Darryton Evans RB.
You're more worried about a RB when they have Chubb and Hunt, while the LT spot is the worst in the NFL? Not sure I follow. And didn't we just sign Hooper at TE and still have nJOKE-on-u?
You're more worried about a RB when they have Chubb and Hunt, while the LT spot is the worst in the NFL? Not sure I follow. And didn't we just sign Hooper at TE and still have nJOKE-on-u?
i am gonna double down take a tackle at ten and then with are next pick take another linemen
1) you never quite know if ine will bust
2)we still have a need at rg
-
They could but it doesn't make it a loaded class. Most experts are saying this is not a top heavy draft. Someone needs to be 4...5...6...overall pick.
We've spent 2/3 months picking apart these players. I'm not saying folks on here are right or they should quit their day jobs. But to me taking the 3 or 4th best from this group at 10 is not value. Value to me is trading out of the spot and getting picks in 2-5 round range where the draft presents great value.
We need a Left tackle no doubt about it. I trust that our braintrust knows which of the 6 mentioned fit our scheme and will develop. Stress the word develop most of the guys you mention need some work some alot of work. I see alot of "just draft the guy and plug him in" I think we need insurance with this group like a Williams or Peters.
Aside from this, I know we need a couple "sandwich eaters" LT and maybe a guard but let's find a way to get Adam Trautman TE and Darryton Evans RB.
You're more worried about a RB when they have Chubb and Hunt, while the LT spot is the worst in the NFL? Not sure I follow. And didn't we just sign Hooper at TE and still have nJOKE-on-u?
You're more worried about a RB when they have Chubb and Hunt, while the LT spot is the worst in the NFL? Not sure I follow. And didn't we just sign Hooper at TE and still have nJOKE-on-u?
A fourth or 6th round back yes.
i send Njoku packing too or draft Trautman anyway if he makes it to the 3rd round
-
You're more worried about a RB when they have Chubb and Hunt, while the LT spot is the worst in the NFL? Not sure I follow. And didn't we just sign Hooper at TE and still have nJOKE-on-u?
i am gonna double down take a tackle at ten and then with are next pick take another linemen
1) you never quite know if ine will bust
2)we still have a need at rg
-
You're more worried about a RB when they have Chubb and Hunt, while the LT spot is the worst in the NFL? Not sure I follow. And didn't we just sign Hooper at TE and still have nJOKE-on-u?
i am gonna double down take a tackle at ten and then with are next pick take another linemen
1) you never quite know if ine will bust
2)we still have a need at rg
i am gonna double down take a tackle at ten and then with are next pick take another linemen
1) you never quite know if ine will bust
2)we still have a need at rg
I'm pretty sure they will draft 2 OLmen, most likely LT at #10 and, as you wish, a IOL by the 3rd or 4th. Do also need LB, DL, S.
-
If you make no trade downs to acquire picks Who plays linebacker and safety ????
we have 5 other picks,udfa's,f.a,and cuts I believe we could find some help there
-
There's three Day 1 starter caliber LT's available. I'd be nothing short of shocked if one of those dudes isn't there to scoop up at #10. Not sure why anyone would instead want a dude who will be 32 at start of season tackle who has demanded big money as the alternative.
-
There's three Day 1 starter caliber LT's available. I'd be nothing short of shocked if one of those dudes isn't there to scoop up at #10. Not sure why anyone would instead want a dude who will be 32 at start of season tackle who has demanded big money as the alternative.
There's three Day 1 starter caliber LT's available. I'd be nothing short of shocked if one of those dudes isn't there to scoop up at #10. Not sure why anyone would instead want a dude who will be 32 at start of season tackle who has demanded big money as the alternative.
I think Berry referred to this as "pigeonholing".
-
There's three Day 1 starter caliber LT's available. I'd be nothing short of shocked if one of those dudes isn't there to scoop up at #10. Not sure why anyone would instead want a dude who will be 32 at start of season tackle who has demanded big money as the alternative.
There's three Day 1 starter caliber LT's available. I'd be nothing short of shocked if one of those dudes isn't there to scoop up at #10. Not sure why anyone would instead want a dude who will be 32 at start of season tackle who has demanded big money as the alternative.
Wirfs and Wills will be changing sides.
Thomas arguably has the most ability and played LT. Becton and Jones have the skill set but are probably more of a project than the others. We are all assuming these guys can fit the ZBS too.
I don’t see anyone of these guys beating out Peters or Williams right now. And if Williams...Big if...can be had for a third and not demand a crazy contract that straps us in two three years. I add him in a heartbeat.
-
If you make no trade downs to acquire picks Who plays linebacker and safety ????
we have 5 other picks,udfa's,f.a,and cuts I believe we could find some help there
-
There's three Day 1 starter caliber LT's available. I'd be nothing short of shocked if one of those dudes isn't there to scoop up at #10. Not sure why anyone would instead want a dude who will be 32 at start of season tackle who has demanded big money as the alternative.
There's three Day 1 starter caliber LT's available. I'd be nothing short of shocked if one of those dudes isn't there to scoop up at #10. Not sure why anyone would instead want a dude who will be 32 at start of season tackle who has demanded big money as the alternative.
More than 3. There are 5-6 first round LTs, all of which would be slated to start week 1. Top LTs usually do start week one, not to mention round 2 and 3 LTs often do as well.
-
And we can’t add a guard using the five other picks, Udfa or cuts what makes guard so special when we are paying two interior lineman big $$$ and we just traded for another who played reasonably well.
Should have never got rid of Zeitler. Who's genius decision was that?
-
This OT class has the numbers... just not the polish... but then college programs don't polish OL play anymore. 2020 is about as loaded as an OT class gets these days.
While there's no refined, "elite" prospect near the level Joe was when we drafted him, there are a bunch of really good prospects making 2020 the strongest OT class since probably '06. That class made up for a light 1st round with a strong Day 2 and even a couple surprises on Day 3.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login