Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Face masks

Face masks

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
18 Posts 9 Posters 229 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

    Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    MLD WoodyM C VamboV 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • W Westside Steve

      Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

      Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

      WSS

      MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
      • 33k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @westside-steve said:

      Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

      Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

      WSS

      I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
      GorkaG W 2 Replies Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • jbluhm86 jbluhm86J Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 3k Posts
        • 883 Reputation
        jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'm one of the caregivers for my parents; both of them whom are in their mid-60s and both are in poor health. So, I've been wearing facemasks and carrying a few sanitizing wipes with me when I go to public places like the grocery store or gas station, because I don't want to take any unnecessary risks and get them sick.

        "That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”. - Christopher Hitchens "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you". - Neil deGrasse Tyson
        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
          #4

          When I read "face masks" I thought you had posted in the wrong forum.lol

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • W Westside Steve

            Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

            Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

            WSS

            calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @westside-steve said:

            Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

            Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

            WSS

            well it's well established that some democrats lie.  Look at the obaMao regime, and all the lies told about Pres Trump.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

              @westside-steve said:

              Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

              Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

              WSS

              I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

              Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
              • 4k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @mld-woody said:

              I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

              It has little to do with party or science. It's a mindset. 

              Remember there was never a push by science encouraging everyone to wear masks, because science had also said that wearing masks do no good.  

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                @westside-steve said:

                Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

                Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

                WSS

                I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                #7

                @mld-woody said:

                I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

                Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

                Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

                Be honest what percentage of time outside your house do you wear one?

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                GorkaG hoortaH Canton DawgC 3 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                  • 64k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  But seriously - a lot of folks who vote dem live in the big cities - where wearing a mask is far more seriously expected, I think.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • W Westside Steve

                    @mld-woody said:

                    I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

                    Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

                    Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

                    Be honest what percentage of time outside your house do you wear one?

                    WSS

                    Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @westside-steve said:

                    Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

                    Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

                    Be honest what percentage of time outside your house do you wear one?

                    WSS

                    Maybe you got him thinking he'd better start wearing one so as not to be mistaken for an anti-science Republican!

                    When I go out maybe one out of 6 are wearing a mask. That's including the grocery store.  Seems to be a lot of Republicans wherever I go.lol

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 39k Posts
                      • 9k Reputation
                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      This should be about 100% accurate, they wouldn't put it in the meme if it wasn't.

                      ?

                      WSS

                      FB_IMG_1587399991344.jpg

                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • W Westside Steve

                        @mld-woody said:

                        I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

                        Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

                        Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

                        Be honest what percentage of time outside your house do you wear one?

                        WSS

                        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 20k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @westside-steve said:

                        Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

                        Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

                        Be honest what percentage of time outside your house do you wear one?

                        WSS

                        Me? Zero, though I've thought about wearing a scarf in grocery stores. I have a pretty  fatalistic viewpoint. Something is going to kill me  eventually,  and if it happens to be  Corona, so be it. Lotsa luck trying to  find a mask for sale now anyway.  Ditto  that gloves and hand sanitizer.  

                        What sort of gives me pause is seeing a few paranoids wearing masks when I'm out on the bike paths riding. Probably the same folks who  now have a  garage full of  toilet paper.  🙂

                        DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • hoortaH hoorta

                          @westside-steve said:

                          Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

                          Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

                          Be honest what percentage of time outside your house do you wear one?

                          WSS

                          Me? Zero, though I've thought about wearing a scarf in grocery stores. I have a pretty  fatalistic viewpoint. Something is going to kill me  eventually,  and if it happens to be  Corona, so be it. Lotsa luck trying to  find a mask for sale now anyway.  Ditto  that gloves and hand sanitizer.  

                          What sort of gives me pause is seeing a few paranoids wearing masks when I'm out on the bike paths riding. Probably the same folks who  now have a  garage full of  toilet paper.  🙂

                          DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                          • 28k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @hoorta said:

                          Me? Zero, though I've thought about wearing a scarf in grocery stores. I have a pretty  fatalistic viewpoint. Something is going to kill me  eventually,  and if it happens to be  Corona, so be it. Lotsa luck trying to  find a mask for sale now anyway.  Ditto  that gloves and hand sanitizer.  

                          What sort of gives me pause is seeing a few paranoids wearing masks when I'm out on the bike paths riding. Probably the same folks who  now have a  garage full of  toilet paper.  🙂

                          My neighbor was doing yard work wearing a mask.  No one within 100 feet.

                          "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • W Westside Steve

                            @mld-woody said:

                            I'm not surprised. We've seen people put party above science before. You'd think something like this would be pretty clear cut but then it gets politicized. 

                            Could be. It's my guess that if Trump would have come out and said he thinks we should wear them through Thanksgiving then the numbers would probably be switched. Just a hunch.

                            Still when I go out I don't see a big percentage of people wearing them at all. And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

                            Be honest what percentage of time outside your house do you wear one?

                            WSS

                            Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                            • 12k Posts
                            • 7k Reputation
                            Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @westside-steve said:

                            And the ones that do I would bet my life savings most of them are wearing them improperly. But it's a feel-good thing.

                            Here’s Sheila & Chucky feeling good! ?

                            FCE3AB43-864A-4418-AA3A-D2C9F55C3983.jpeg

                            182D8B3A-07F7-409F-8C9F-644642761BBE.jpeg

                            Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            😂
                            Quote Reply
                            • Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
                              #14

                              You can make masks out of many things.

                              sneaker2.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
                                #15

                                birdcorona2.jpg

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • W Westside Steve

                                  Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

                                  Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

                                  WSS

                                  Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                  • 18k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @westside-steve said:

                                  Okay my numbers are closed maybe not exact but...

                                  Apparently according to a poll somewhere in the upper 60s percent of Democrats say they wear masks when they go out in public compared to somewhere in the forties for republicans and Independence. Make of that what you will.

                                  WSS

                                  2020-04-20_145839.jpg

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    tamponcorona.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    😂
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
                                      • 4k Posts
                                      • 2k Reputation
                                      GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      waterjug2.jpg

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      Reply
                                      • Reply as topic
                                      Log in to reply
                                      • Oldest to Newest
                                      • Newest to Oldest
                                      • Most Votes


                                      Theme
                                      • System
                                      • Light
                                      • Dark
                                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Forums
                                      • Recent
                                      • Popular
                                      • Users
                                      • Donate