DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !
-
Although having primetime GAMEDAY snacks and maybe a meal is never a bad idea !
Ribs on the grill or anything on the grill, pizza, fried chicken, tacos, are also not a bad idea. Ahhhhhh football and food an All American idea !
(Selling this Getty image for $499 un American ? Free Enterprise or ridiculous ? Oh well....)
-
Got my root beer, home made white bread, we're having rib eye chip steaks, green beans and mashed potatoes for lunch, more root beer, I'll make some cowboy coffee later for the draft with Stauffer's Apple Crisp cookies and I'm thinkin about making cinnamon rolls... hot dogs and rootbeer for tomorrow...
nothin too fancy.
Goin to work on the garage - keeping busy makes the draft get here faster.... I wish I had another one of those old Kardiac foam bricks to throw at the TV ... but then again, I feel pretty good I won't need it. Maybe. Unless Tiam's Jeremy Chinn gets drafted before Kyle Dugger. lol
-
And a few snapshots from our friends at vegasinsider.com........ https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/2009127
-
Coffee, Deftones, Spanish omelettes check check check.
Kay Adams??? Not enough woman there. I have a buddy that likes Colleen Wolfe I guess to each their own.
Molly Qerim would be my first overall pick
Look man, talk shit on me all you want, but you leave my angel out of this.
-
-
The "Un-draft Day",.
Draft day used to be a religious holiday in my house especially when it was on ESPN on a Saturday and Sunday.
I'd get a big 22 oz mug of ice, diet Coke and a handful of cigars and go out on my deck with all of my papers and watch it for hours........the only thing missing was Ed or Steve Sabol doing the introduction narration like NFL films.
This "new" primetime draft really sucks, give me the old time version any time !

-
The pressure is on - how will it go? Will I be happy dancing? Or will I choke on my root beer?
FIRST ROUND
= Andrew Thomas or trade down and Josh Jones ? I'm happy dancing !
Hopefully I set my root beer down before anything else happens with our first round pick. Unless Simmons falls, but don't think so. I won't choke on that.
SECOND ROUND
- Will Kyle Dugger get drafted before Tiam's Jeremy Chinn? I'll be happy dancing.
or, I choke on my root beer, and send Tiam an apology - he was right. dammit.
Or, it could be completely different, which it usually is....
However, if they pick a Big quick terrific ball catching WR here, it's understandable, and I won't choke on my root beer at all. It depends.
THIRD ROUND TWO CHOICES
To me, the third is just as critical. one of the two picks has to be Logan Wilson, LB. I actually think that
the other pick is a wide receiver. maybe. or OG.
Now, if the Browns pick Malik Harrison lb, I'm still happy dancing.
The rest of the draft I don't get all worked up.
-
-
The pressure is on - how will it go? Will I be happy dancing? Or will I choke on my root beer?
FIRST ROUND
= Andrew Thomas or trade down and Josh Jones ? I'm happy dancing !
Hopefully I set my root beer down before anything else happens with our first round pick. Unless Simmons falls, but don't think so. I won't choke on that.
SECOND ROUND
- Will Kyle Dugger get drafted before Tiam's Jeremy Chinn? I'll be happy dancing.
or, I choke on my root beer, and send Tiam an apology - he was right. dammit.
Or, it could be completely different, which it usually is....
However, if they pick a Big quick terrific ball catching WR here, it's understandable, and I won't choke on my root beer at all. It depends.
THIRD ROUND TWO CHOICES
To me, the third is just as critical. one of the two picks has to be Logan Wilson, LB. I actually think that
the other pick is a wide receiver. maybe. or OG.
Now, if the Browns pick Malik Harrison lb, I'm still happy dancing.
The rest of the draft I don't get all worked up.
The pressure is on - how will it go? Will I be happy dancing? Or will I choke on my root beer?
FIRST ROUND
= Andrew Thomas or trade down and Josh Jones ? I'm happy dancing !
Hopefully I set my root beer down before anything else happens with our first round pick. Unless Simmons falls, but don't think so. I won't choke on that.
SECOND ROUND
- Will Kyle Dugger get drafted before Tiam's Jeremy Chinn? I'll be happy dancing.
or, I choke on my root beer, and send Tiam an apology - he was right. dammit.
Or, it could be completely different, which it usually is....
However, if they pick a Big quick terrific ball catching WR here, it's understandable, and I won't choke on my root beer at all. It depends.
THIRD ROUND TWO CHOICES
To me, the third is just as critical. one of the two picks has to be Logan Wilson, LB. I actually think that
the other pick is a wide receiver. maybe. or OG.
Now, if the Browns pick Malik Harrison lb, I'm still happy dancing.
The rest of the draft I don't get all worked up.
Winfield or Ashtyn at Safety over Dugger or Chinn
Sorry, just prefer to have the guys that are more proven against better competition than those that have played in the AAA or A minor leagues.
-
Ummmmmm.... Wheat thins...
Wife is picking up curries from our local, world-class Thai place... green chicken with brown rice for her... pork Panang with white rice for me.
Plus a couple of their spicy beef egg rolls...
Egg rolls plus small bowl of curry for lunch any moment now... larger bowl for dinner.
Wash down both with ice-cold Yuengling...
-
So will this be the "official" draft thread? Or are we going to segment it over the 3 days with an individual thread dedicated to each day?
-
So will this be the "official" draft thread? Or are we going to segment it over the 3 days with an individual thread dedicated to each day?
So will this be the "official" draft thread? Or are we going to segment it over the 3 days with an individual thread dedicated to each day?
I will make a rant thread about how little they care about europeans... Come on, 2 hours earlier and you would have a bigger audience worldwide.
-
The pressure is on - how will it go? Will I be happy dancing? Or will I choke on my root beer?
FIRST ROUND
= Andrew Thomas or trade down and Josh Jones ? I'm happy dancing !
Hopefully I set my root beer down before anything else happens with our first round pick. Unless Simmons falls, but don't think so. I won't choke on that.
SECOND ROUND
- Will Kyle Dugger get drafted before Tiam's Jeremy Chinn? I'll be happy dancing.
or, I choke on my root beer, and send Tiam an apology - he was right. dammit.
Or, it could be completely different, which it usually is....
However, if they pick a Big quick terrific ball catching WR here, it's understandable, and I won't choke on my root beer at all. It depends.
THIRD ROUND TWO CHOICES
To me, the third is just as critical. one of the two picks has to be Logan Wilson, LB. I actually think that
the other pick is a wide receiver. maybe. or OG.
Now, if the Browns pick Malik Harrison lb, I'm still happy dancing.
The rest of the draft I don't get all worked up.
Winfield or Ashtyn at Safety over Dugger or Chinn
Sorry, just prefer to have the guys that are more proven against better competition than those that have played in the AAA or A minor leagues.
Winfield or Ashtyn at Safety over Dugger or Chinn
Sorry, just prefer to have the guys that are more proven against better competition than those that have played in the AAA or A minor leagues.
I understand. To me, Winfield doesn't get past the Giants at 36 overall. I figure he won't be there for the Browns in the second round.
Ashytyn is intriguing - I think I like him better as a cb, who knows.
-
Winfield or Ashtyn at Safety over Dugger or Chinn
Sorry, just prefer to have the guys that are more proven against better competition than those that have played in the AAA or A minor leagues.
I understand. To me, Winfield doesn't get past the Giants at 36 overall. I figure he won't be there for the Browns in the second round.
Ashytyn is intriguing - I think I like him better as a cb, who knows.
-
Got my root beer, home made white bread, we're having rib eye chip steaks, green beans and mashed potatoes for lunch, more root beer, I'll make some cowboy coffee later for the draft with Stauffer's Apple Crisp cookies and I'm thinkin about making cinnamon rolls... hot dogs and rootbeer for tomorrow...
nothin too fancy.
Goin to work on the garage - keeping busy makes the draft get here faster.... I wish I had another one of those old Kardiac foam bricks to throw at the TV ... but then again, I feel pretty good I won't need it. Maybe. Unless Tiam's Jeremy Chinn gets drafted before Kyle Dugger. lol
Unless Tiam's Jeremy Chinn gets drafted before Kyle Dugger. lol
Unless somebody gets bold, or dumb (depending on how you view both prospects draft value) that won't be a thing which is settled tonight.
As for Ashtyn Davis. Physically VERY gifted and incredibly quick. Still very raw as a safety who, strictly physically speaking, could be a single high roamer. He has the speed, decent hips, and range to go sideline to sideline. But at this moment he doesn't possess the eyes and IQ for it. Nice thing is, those can be developed in players. But at what cost are you willing to spend to find out?
edit: Trying to stay busy throughout the day. Finishing some of my laundry, watching Ezra Cleveland and switched up the tunes. I'm a CLE fan, so it has to be classic rock on draft day. Started with some ACDC, Bon Scott era though. Not that I don't appreciate Brian Johnson, but 70's DC is where it's at for me.
-
Ummmmmm.... Wheat thins...
Wife is picking up curries from our local, world-class Thai place... green chicken with brown rice for her... pork Panang with white rice for me.
Plus a couple of their spicy beef egg rolls...
Egg rolls plus small bowl of curry for lunch any moment now... larger bowl for dinner.
Wash down both with ice-cold Yuengling...
Wife is picking up curries from our local, world-class Thai place... green chicken with brown rice for her... pork Panang with white rice for me.
Plus a couple of their spicy beef egg rolls...
Egg rolls plus small bowl of curry for lunch any moment now... larger bowl for dinner.
Wash down both with ice-cold Yuengling...
and she's still going to let you sleep with her?
I'd be told to go sleep under your browns ?blanket...yeah, I woke up feeling-dangerous too.. Taco Bell ? for twelve draft goobers
-
Unless Tiam's Jeremy Chinn gets drafted before Kyle Dugger. lol
Unless somebody gets bold, or dumb (depending on how you view both prospects draft value) that won't be a thing which is settled tonight.
As for Ashtyn Davis. Physically VERY gifted and incredibly quick. Still very raw as a safety who, strictly physically speaking, could be a single high roamer. He has the speed, decent hips, and range to go sideline to sideline. But at this moment he doesn't possess the eyes and IQ for it. Nice thing is, those can be developed in players. But at what cost are you willing to spend to find out?
edit: Trying to stay busy throughout the day. Finishing some of my laundry, watching Ezra Cleveland and switched up the tunes. I'm a CLE fan, so it has to be classic rock on draft day. Started with some ACDC, Bon Scott era though. Not that I don't appreciate Brian Johnson, but 70's DC is where it's at for me.
-
So will this be the "official" draft thread? Or are we going to segment it over the 3 days with an individual thread dedicated to each day?
I will make a rant thread about how little they care about europeans... Come on, 2 hours earlier and you would have a bigger audience worldwide.
I will make a rant thread about how little they care about europeans... Come on, 2 hours earlier and you would have a bigger audience worldwide.
But they believe they would not have a bigger audience domestically.....
I assume they have been through all the numbers and have found whatever they may lose internationally, they more than make up for domestically. After all, how many people in Europe and elsewhere watch the NFL draft? A miniscule number I suspect. Sure, you have your devotees, like yourself, but they go where the numbers show them to go.
-
Winfield or Ashtyn at Safety over Dugger or Chinn
Sorry, just prefer to have the guys that are more proven against better competition than those that have played in the AAA or A minor leagues.
I understand. To me, Winfield doesn't get past the Giants at 36 overall. I figure he won't be there for the Browns in the second round.
Ashytyn is intriguing - I think I like him better as a cb, who knows.
I understand. To me, Winfield doesn't get past the Giants at 36 overall. I figure he won't be there for the Browns in the second round.
Ashytyn is intriguing - I think I like him better as a cb, who knows.
OK, it will be interesting to see where he goes....especially given his local ties. (Dad from Akron Garfield).
And you are saying that Ashtyn may be more versatile....which, I would think, increase his value.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

