Skip to content

DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !

The Browns Board
382 41 9.6k
  • Broncos take Jerry Judy Judy Judy Judy

    @the-gipper said:

    Broncos take Jerry Judy Judy Judy Judy

    As a Broncos fan I was elated with the pick. It's perfect for their new starting QB.

  • @hoorta said:

    That three QBs went before the Browns pick helped immensely.  

    There's no chance the Browns have any interest in Williams. Too expensive. Speaking of expensive.....   

    I will now accept my virtual bottle of wine from Gipper, on the easiest bet I've ever made...   🙂  

    1990 Petrus, Pomerol

    I will get you your real one, whenever that becomes possible.    Give me some ideas  (but keep it to like 25 bucks). 

    @the-gipper said:

    I will get you your real one, whenever that becomes possible.    Give me some ideas  (but keep it to like 25 bucks). 

    Petrus vs a bottle of swill. Right!?

  • image.png.40f2aa17447abf792ca77f757802e450.png

    I know FO's say this all the time about whomever they take, but somehow I believe DePo.

    @tour2ma said:

    image.png.40f2aa17447abf792ca77f757802e450.png

    I know FO's say this all the time about whomever they take, but somehow I believe DePo.

    Me too!  Here's why.  Jedrick Wills was also the Tackle Joe Thomas picked for us in the NFL Channel's mock draft - despite the fact Andrew Thomas was also available at the time he did so. 

    I get the feeling Joe was a consulting/influential part of Wills being "the top tackle on our board from the beginning" consensus within.

  • @tour2ma said:

    image.png.40f2aa17447abf792ca77f757802e450.png

    I know FO's say this all the time about whomever they take, but somehow I believe DePo.

    You don't say... ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You don't say... ?

    This guy's a bigger stud than the kid that power glued Stiffler's mom. 

  • image.png.40f2aa17447abf792ca77f757802e450.png

    I know FO's say this all the time about whomever they take, but somehow I believe DePo.

    @tour2ma said:

    image.png.40f2aa17447abf792ca77f757802e450.png

    I know FO's say this all the time about whomever they take, but somehow I believe DePo.

    When the "pick is in" went up I told my Son in Law that, as fast as they announced the pick was in, he HAD to be the Browns absolute #1 guy. I don't know WHEN I ever saw a quicker decision. The young man, Fletcher, introducing the Browns' pick was a nice touch.

    Mike

  • @tour2ma said:

    image.png.40f2aa17447abf792ca77f757802e450.png

    I know FO's say this all the time about whomever they take, but somehow I believe DePo.

    Me too!  Here's why.  Jedrick Wills was also the Tackle Joe Thomas picked for us in the NFL Channel's mock draft - despite the fact Andrew Thomas was also available at the time he did so. 

    I get the feeling Joe was a consulting/influential part of Wills being "the top tackle on our board from the beginning" consensus within.

    @flugel said:

    Me too!  Here's why.  Jedrick Wills was also the Tackle Joe Thomas picked for us in the NFL Channel's mock draft - despite the fact Andrew Thomas was also available at the time he did so. 

    I get the feeling Joe was a consulting/influential part of Wills being "the top tackle on our board from the beginning" consensus within.

    When he did that I was very afraid he had tipped our hand and was sending Wills to another smart team before our pick. Must have been the ole double reverse psychology at work. ?

  • Per Jeff Legwold   ESPN writer

    First round talent still on the board starting round 2:

    20. D'Andre Swift  RB  Georgia

    21. Xavier McKinney  S  Alabama

    22. Yetur Gross-Matos Edge  Penn St.

    23. AJ Epenesa Edge Iowa

    24. Tee Higgins WR  Clemson

    25.  Ross Blacklock  DT TCU

    29.  Zack Baun  LB  Wisconsin

    32. Jalen Hurts  CB  Utah.

    @the-gipper said:

    32. Jalen Hurts  CB  Utah.

    32. Jalen Johnson CB Utah.... 

    EDIT-- There are some great video phone player reactions out there, that I hope the nfl keeps moving these legit home video cameras around to next rounds..It's been great, but the media guys we've heard from for months, just ain't doing it for me anymore ?... Let these kids get a breather than let them speak.. The reaction of Joe Thomas reacting to Wills pick? Yep! I Cried in laughter ?

  • Chiefs take  Clyde  Edwards-Helaire RB  LSU  with #32 pick.

    @the-gipper said:

    Chiefs take  Clyde  Edwards-Helaire RB  LSU  with #32 pick.

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. He has so much ability catching out of the backfield and so many "getaway" moves in the open field and power to finish off the play. He is a perfect fit for Mahomes's style of play. They are going to be even better than last year with that pick alone.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Chiefs take  Clyde  Edwards-Helaire RB  LSU  with #32 pick.

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. He has so much ability catching out of the backfield and so many "getaway" moves in the open field and power to finish off the play. He is a perfect fit for Mahomes's style of play. They are going to be even better than last year with that pick alone.

    @texasag1969 said:

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. He has so much ability catching out of the backfield and so many "getaway" moves in the open filed and power to finish off the play. He is a perfect fit for Mahomes's style of play. They are going to be even better than last year with that pick alone.

    Yeah... until that Oline play catches up with them again like it did in the regular season.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. He has so much ability catching out of the backfield and so many "getaway" moves in the open filed and power to finish off the play. He is a perfect fit for Mahomes's style of play. They are going to be even better than last year with that pick alone.

    Yeah... until that Oline play catches up with them again like it did in the regular season.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Yeah... until that Oline play catches up with them again like it did in the regular season.

    Like I said-the Mahomes style of play. He makes everything out of nothing and finds open receivers. When you win a SB that way, it kind of negates weaknesses doesn't it??

  • @the-gipper said:

    Chiefs take  Clyde  Edwards-Helaire RB  LSU  with #32 pick.

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. He has so much ability catching out of the backfield and so many "getaway" moves in the open field and power to finish off the play. He is a perfect fit for Mahomes's style of play. They are going to be even better than last year with that pick alone.

    @texasag1969 said:

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. 

    why did i see another Mark Ingram flash after the Holaire pick..saying Big Trust ? ( damm i drank to much!)

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Yeah... until that Oline play catches up with them again like it did in the regular season.

    Like I said-the Mahomes style of play. He makes everything out of nothing and finds open receivers. When you win a SB that way, it kind of negates weaknesses doesn't it??

    @texasag1969 said:

    Like I said-the Mahomes style of play. He makes everything out of nothing and finds open receivers. When you win a SB that way, it kind of negates weaknesses doesn't it??

    No, it doesn't.   Sophomore starting year and he's already missing games regular season because of taking hits that his Oline allows.   Long term trends don't side with that style of play.  If KC feels their defense is adequate enough to get it done, then I'm cool with that.  But they would be wise to address their Oline Day 2.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Like I said-the Mahomes style of play. He makes everything out of nothing and finds open receivers. When you win a SB that way, it kind of negates weaknesses doesn't it??

    No, it doesn't.   Sophomore starting year and he's already missing games regular season because of taking hits that his Oline allows.   Long term trends don't side with that style of play.  If KC feels their defense is adequate enough to get it done, then I'm cool with that.  But they would be wise to address their Oline Day 2.

    @tiamat63 said:

    No, it doesn't.   Sophomore starting year and he's already missing games regular season because of taking hits that his Oline allows.   Long term trends don't side with that style of play.  If KC feels their defense is adequate enough to get it done, then I'm cool with that.  But they would be wise to address their Oline Day 2.

    I don't disagree with day 2 OL pick. I'm just saying this is a quick release safety valve who can do wonders in that role. Don't want the big hit? Get rid of it to him.

    Besides we all know those big fatties are a dime a dozen don't we???

    EDIT: That is why I hope we take a similar player in Duvernay of UT-Austin as our comp pick in the 3rd.

  • @flugel said:

    Me too!  Here's why.  Jedrick Wills was also the Tackle Joe Thomas picked for us in the NFL Channel's mock draft - despite the fact Andrew Thomas was also available at the time he did so. 

    I get the feeling Joe was a consulting/influential part of Wills being "the top tackle on our board from the beginning" consensus within.

    When he did that I was very afraid he had tipped our hand and was sending Wills to another smart team before our pick. Must have been the ole double reverse psychology at work. ?

    @texasag1969 said:

    When he did that I was very afraid he had tipped our hand and was sending Wills to another smart team before our pick. Must have been the ole double reverse psychology at work. ?

    That's hilarious Aggies!  Is that a younger Freddie Kitchens on the horse on his way to calling plays in Cleveland? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No, it doesn't.   Sophomore starting year and he's already missing games regular season because of taking hits that his Oline allows.   Long term trends don't side with that style of play.  If KC feels their defense is adequate enough to get it done, then I'm cool with that.  But they would be wise to address their Oline Day 2.

    I don't disagree with day 2 OL pick. I'm just saying this is a quick release safety valve who can do wonders in that role. Don't want the big hit? Get rid of it to him.

    Besides we all know those big fatties are a dime a dozen don't we???

    EDIT: That is why I hope we take a similar player in Duvernay of UT-Austin as our comp pick in the 3rd.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't disagree with day 2 OL pick. I'm just saying this is a quick release safety valve who can do wonders in that role. Don't want the big hit? Get rid of it to him.

    Besides we all know those big fatties are a dime a dozen don't we???

    EDIT: That is why I hope we take a similar player in Duvernay of UT-Austin as our comp pick in the 3rd.

    *Shudders at ghoolie*

    I don't disagree with the strategy either.   But if ECE was drafted as a 3rd down back and extra receiving option, I question the value of taking him in the 1st round.    IOL could have been a pick there for them.     And you know Andy Reid, he LOVES his vertical shots.   Only way to secure that long term play style and preserve the health of your QB is to make sure he isn't taking unnecessary hits. 

    Like I said, I get the philosophy. I just disagree on the placement of the pick is all.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I don't disagree with day 2 OL pick. I'm just saying this is a quick release safety valve who can do wonders in that role. Don't want the big hit? Get rid of it to him.

    Besides we all know those big fatties are a dime a dozen don't we???

    EDIT: That is why I hope we take a similar player in Duvernay of UT-Austin as our comp pick in the 3rd.

    *Shudders at ghoolie*

    I don't disagree with the strategy either.   But if ECE was drafted as a 3rd down back and extra receiving option, I question the value of taking him in the 1st round.    IOL could have been a pick there for them.     And you know Andy Reid, he LOVES his vertical shots.   Only way to secure that long term play style and preserve the health of your QB is to make sure he isn't taking unnecessary hits. 

    Like I said, I get the philosophy. I just disagree on the placement of the pick is all.

    @tiamat63 said:

    *Shudders at ghoolie*?

    Like I said, I get the philosophy. I just disagree on the placement of the pick is all.

    Normally I might agree, but this draft is very deep in OLs and very short on this kind of player. Now if their second pick is not OL ................well another story completely.?

  • Jack’s go for the corner back from Florida. So both Wills and Wirfs are on the board

    @the-gipper said:

    Jack’s go for the corner back from Florida. So both Wills and Wirfs are on the board

    Who are the "Jack's?" 

    image.jpeg.4f9f724b8bb8ba5ada65e40a9e572a45.jpeg

  • We have 8 viable lineman on the roster - guys that can start.  We traded picks for Teller and everyone wants a better guy at that spot.  Might be time to slow our roll with these sandwich eaters 

    how many lineman will be active each week?  I think you may grab one late or do the Undrafted  free agent route and let a group of guys compete for the last spot 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I'm surprised at that one. I liked this draft - much faster.

    Seems pretty consistent that character played a good part of the first round prospects drafted. A lot of great stories...

    I'm not going to be surprised if Wills starts at LT - he's a great pick and has already been working on it. I'm good with that.

    Second round- no idea. Safeties/lb/wr is my guess - might Mckinney fall to the Browns?

    I said the same thing. The speed of the picks was great, wonder if they will consider the 10 minute time frame in the future.

    @bob806 said:

    I said the same thing. The speed of the picks was great, wonder if they will consider the 10 minute time frame in the future.

    It has actually been 10 minutes for quite a few years now. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Broncos take Jerry Judy Judy Judy Judy

    As a Broncos fan I was elated with the pick. It's perfect for their new starting QB.

    @texasag1969 said:

    As a Broncos fan I was elated with the pick. It's perfect for their new starting QB.

    You can shove the Broncos up your butthole.    Please.   😛