Skip to content

DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !

The Browns Board
382 41 9.6k
  • In the UK it's usually a 35 hour week and 25 vacation days as a new starter plus holiday days...Christmas etc

  • Party includes me, Son in Law, plenty of beer, pizza, & I'm makin' wings.

    We'll eat, drink, watch, cheer, cuss, then do it again tomorrow & Saturday!

    Mike

  • One of the key questions for tonight:

    Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

  • @nero said:

    Well I didn't know what was the average time to get out of work in the US. I thought it might be like in some other EU countries where they start early and end up earlier. Makes sense then. Still sucks lol. 

    Well, Americans are know to work long hours compared to Europe,   though I understand that Mexico/Brazil/Columbia/S. Korea may work even longer hours. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, Americans are know to work long hours compared to Europe,   though I understand that Mexico/Brazil/Columbia/S. Korea may work even longer hours. 

    Spain works long hours compared to Europe, so probably it's similar to the USAns. 

    @darren15 said:

    In the UK it's usually a 35 hour week and 25 vacation days as a new starter plus holiday days...Christmas etc

    In Spain you wish you have a 40h hour week, but we have more holiday days I believe. 

  • One of the key questions for tonight:

    Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

    @barry said:

    One of the key questions for tonight:

    Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

    I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

    Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

    I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

    I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

  • @barry said:

    One of the key questions for tonight:

    Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

    I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

    Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

    I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

    I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

    @gumby73 said:

    I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

    Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

    I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

    I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

    If the current front office has the analytic mindset in the mold that I believe they do, then valuing DI THAT high isn't a thing barring very rare exceptions.   Brown is a good lineman, but he ain't Haloti Ngata.

  • @gumby73 said:

    I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

    Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

    I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

    I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

    If the current front office has the analytic mindset in the mold that I believe they do, then valuing DI THAT high isn't a thing barring very rare exceptions.   Brown is a good lineman, but he ain't Haloti Ngata.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If the current front office has the analytic mindset in the mold that I believe they do, then valuing DI THAT high isn't a thing barring very rare exceptions.   Brown is a good lineman, but he ain't Haloti Ngata.

    ^^agreed!^^ bonus question..If we slide Cal's A.Davis or Chinn into the box on running downs? my money is on Chinn..   yours?

  • I have a growler of Imperial brown ale from my local brewery 10.1%. Also a 4 pack of Youngs double chocolate stout if I am still thirsty but I am up for work tomorrow at 6

    @darren15 said:

    I have a growler of Imperial brown ale from my local brewery 10.1%. Also a 4 pack of Youngs double chocolate stout if I am still thirsty but I am up for work tomorrow at 6

    Cause one growler is never enough... 🙂

  • Took a break and cleaned gutters in the warm sunshine... simply gorgeous day...

    Then showered (even tho it's not Saturday) and chose my uniform for the evening...

    ... my "There's always this year" tee.

    Go Browns...

  • In the UK it's usually a 35 hour week and 25 vacation days as a new starter plus holiday days...Christmas etc

    @darren15 said:

    In the UK it's usually a 35 hour week and 25 vacation days as a new starter plus holiday days...Christmas etc

    Fuck,  most of us don't get that after 35 years on the job. 

  • @darren15 said:

    In the UK it's usually a 35 hour week and 25 vacation days as a new starter plus holiday days...Christmas etc

    Fuck,  most of us don't get that after 35 years on the job. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Fuck,  most of us don't get that after 35 years on the job. 

    America is still in the 1800s regarding employee rights

  • One of the key questions for tonight:

    Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

    @barry said:

    One of the key questions for tonight:

    Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

    Lets see, are you looking to get   Admiral Akbar....or Emanual Ogbah.....or sail on the Gulf of Aqaba.

    Or, are you talking about (Bare) Okudah. 

    Ogbah signed as FA with Dolphins this offseason, after having been traded by Browns to Chiefs a couple of years ago. 

    And honestly, I fully expect that  those 3 QBs...Burrow/Tua/Herbert  plus Young/Okudah, Brown, Simmons, and at least 1 top OT to be gone.

    The only question will be if that 9th pick that goes before us is another tackle, or another position.  could like Kinlaw be taken?   Or, of course like Lamb or Jeudy WRs.   I am thinking yes, one of them goes, leaving all but on of the OTs to choose from. 

  • @barry said:

    One of the key questions for tonight:

    Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

    I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

    Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

    I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

    I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

    @gumby73 said:

    I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

    Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

    I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

    I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

    Are you assuming Jedrick Wills and Wirfs will be gone? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Fuck,  most of us don't get that after 35 years on the job. 

    America is still in the 1800s regarding employee rights

    @darren15 said:

    America is still in the 1800s regarding employee rights

    What you mean is that they have reverted to the 1800s.....because  after all,  CEOs have had to have their salaries jump from 25 times the average worker's wage to 500-1000 times that.   And we have gotten rid of unions, and things like benefits. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

    Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

    I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

    I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

    Are you assuming Jedrick Wills and Wirfs will be gone? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you assuming Jedrick Wills and Wirfs will be gone? 

    Yes! Giants & Zona need a RT not left..both will make a perfect fit

  • Going with my old NFL Draft standby tonight:

    Hookers and blow. 

  • Going with my old NFL Draft standby tonight:

    Hookers and blow. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Going with my old NFL Draft standby tonight:

    Hookers and blow. 

    So, a tow truck and a leaf blower? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Going with my old NFL Draft standby tonight:

    Hookers and blow. 

    So, a tow truck and a leaf blower? 

    @the-gipper said:

    So, a tow truck and a leaf blower? 

    No, prostitutes and cocaine, silly goose. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, a tow truck and a leaf blower? 

    No, prostitutes and cocaine, silly goose. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    No, prostitutes and cocaine, silly goose. 

    Picture hangers and hair dryers. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    No, prostitutes and cocaine, silly goose. 

    Picture hangers and hair dryers. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Picture hangers and hair dryers. 

    Hoes and nose candy