Skip to content

Draft rounds 2 and 3

The Browns Board
374 37 8.9k
  • Well... at least we filled that Round 5 hole...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    A LOT of missed tackles.  He isn't being drafted for that ability.

    Not huge on this pick, but I don't necessarily hate it either.

    High ankle sprain all year-  I wonder if the tackling issues existed in 18

    @sdbacker80 said:

    High ankle sprain all year-  I wonder if the tackling issues existed in 18

    @baconhound said:

    Thought he looked weak but it maybe his height.  He’s got speed but see him more as a DB and less of a safety.  To me the opposite of Peppers

    @bjh2130 said:

    I absolutely Love Delpit. Yes he had a lot of missed tackles this year but last year he was an absolute tackling machine.  He also plays the ball in the air incredibly well and is a great "center fielder"

    To me he is the essential "not a liability but not a home run hitter". 

    He's consistent and not really 'stand out'.  Tackles well enough, but sometimes takes wonky angles.  He understands and processes what's in front of him, but that split second which makes the difference between good play and great play isn't always there.    Like I said, it's a fine line between love and hate.  I'm neutral on this pick and willing to see what happens.

    The eye discipline is there, the physical traits are there.  It's up to him to improve the mental and polish the footwork.

    edit: There was a play, I think vs Bama, when I watched him earlier that I LOVED his pre-snap recognition.  I'll try to find it again.

  • Makes the trade back make more sense. They clearly liked Delpit more than Winfield, and the latter was ranked higher.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Makes the trade back make more sense. They clearly liked Delpit more than Winfield, and the latter was ranked higher.

    Not most of the places I saw Delpit was rated the first rounder Winfield a second rounder. Delpit dropped a lot

  • Sperm suckers are on the clock. Wonder what they’re going to take. Probably another linebacker

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Makes the trade back make more sense. They clearly liked Delpit more than Winfield, and the latter was ranked higher.

    Not most of the places I saw Delpit was rated the first rounder Winfield a second rounder. Delpit dropped a lot

    @the-gipper said:

     Delpit dropped a lot

    in who's opinion?...Kitchens..."they don't matter"

  • @the-gipper said:

     Delpit dropped a lot

    in who's opinion?...Kitchens..."they don't matter"

    @gumby73 said:

    in who's opinion?...Kitchens..."they don't matter"

    Mine.  He was a 1st rounder this time last year.  He dropped a bit.   No issue with it, but needs to round back into 2018 form.

  • @the-gipper said:

     Delpit dropped a lot

    in who's opinion?...Kitchens..."they don't matter"

    @gumby73 said:

    in who's opinion?...Kitchens..."they don't matter"

    Most ranking services I saw 

  • Pitts puke takes chase Claypool wide receiver Notre Dame. Trying to replace Antonio Brown. He’s actually more of a tight end body type

  • Steelers got them a big ol' boy at WR. Glad Ward, Williams and Delpit all have some length.  

  • Clay pool don’t like him and he’s a notre dame guy.  Perfect.

    i thought for sure it was Baun - reeks of Steeler or type of guy that they draft 

  • Clay pool don’t like him and he’s a notre dame guy.  Perfect.

    i thought for sure it was Baun - reeks of Steeler or type of guy that they draft 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    i thought for sure it was Baun

    Agree.... kid's falling bigtime...

  • Clay pool don’t like him and he’s a notre dame guy.  Perfect.

    i thought for sure it was Baun - reeks of Steeler or type of guy that they draft 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Clay pool don’t like him and he’s a notre dame guy.  Perfect.

    i thought for sure it was Baun - reeks of Steeler or type of guy that they draft 

    Oh lord you are right about Baun and the Steelers. 

  • Would have preferred Winfield but we'll see what happens

  • And the Dead Dad Draft Marches on. 

  • Hmmm... Jalen Hurts to Philadelphia

  • Hmmm... Jalen Hurts to Philadelphia

    @dutch-oven said:

    Hmmm... Jalen Hurts to Philadelphia

    Keeping him away from Dallas... 🙂

  • Jalen Hurts is a great pick for eagles -- could start sooner than expected if wentz misses many more games

  • My thoughts on Delpit from a few months back.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    March 15th

    Delpit is an enigma to me.  Good size, good speed, some eye discipline there.  But I think when you combine the lack of "Wow" moments with some injury history this season then you get something of a free fall.    He may end up being one of those "steady" pro's who drops a round.  

    Jan 5th

    1 - I really don't separate the classic 'strong v free' in the modern NFL.    At this point I look at skill sets vs usage.

    2 - haven't watched enough to make that strong of an opinion yet.  Gut feeling?   I need OT addressed or the players I want gone before I would consider spending #10 on Delpit.   Browns are in prime position for a quality trade down, in all honesty.

    (ended up getting OT, a trade down AND Delpit)

    Jan 5th again

    Grant Delpit might be chocolate Hitman Harry.     6'2 203.   Kid has the frame to fill out and put on a little more 'good' mass.   But when I watch him I see more of that tweener role and less of a pure deep middle man.    Although I admit he has solid eye discipline and good range, I just think his footwork needs some serious cleaning up before I make him my secondary general.    I wasn't fond of the idea of matching him with Randall, but after watching two games this morning.... I'm warming up to the possibility.

    ust playing physical down low off the edge in a 33 look.      This is the part of his game that I think leads the way at the moment.   Kid loves to come down and hit.  He's tall, good arm length, good first step when he plants and drives.  Like I said, he clearly has a frame that hasn't finished filling out which he'll need at the next level.   But I see the tools this year in a few of these cutups that jumped off screen in 2018.    I was worried the kid might be Eric Reid, but he appears better in coverage.  That said, he's no Jamal Adams downlow, but few safety's are.     I see a high ceiling but,  god willing at worst, I see a solid football player who won't hurt your team.   This kid looks like what many fans wanted Redwine to be.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    As I said, I'm willing to roll with this pick and see what Woods has in store for him.

  •  Rat fuckers are on the clock They take JK Dobbins running back Ohio State well fuck them

  • Shitfuck!