Skip to content

Draft rounds 2 and 3

The Browns Board
374 37 8.9k
  • Woke up feeling good so far.  Brownies need to keep this rolling.

  • So where do we move on day two? Here's a "best players available" link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110697/article/2020-nfl-draft-best-remaining-prospects-available

    I'll tell ya, if Tee Higgins is there at #41 that's a super interesting one to me. I think Epenesa is a potential high-impact guy as well. Biggest need overall to me right now without a doubt though is OLB help.

  • There's a reason Espenesa was mocked in every 1st round but wasn't taken when GM's were making the call.

    Hard pass for me.

  • There's a reason Espenesa was mocked in every 1st round but wasn't taken when GM's were making the call.

    Hard pass for me.

    @tiamat63 said:

    There's a reason Espenesa was mocked in every 1st round but wasn't taken when GM's were making the call.

    Hard pass for me.

    Curious to what you mean by that. TBH having a 4 month old kid working remote has lead to..less than usual draft research. Does seem like a boom or bust prospect, which I'm fine with taking latter round two/early round three.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    There's a reason Espenesa was mocked in every 1st round but wasn't taken when GM's were making the call.

    Hard pass for me.

    Curious to what you mean by that. TBH having a 4 month old kid working remote has lead to..less than usual draft research. Does seem like a boom or bust prospect, which I'm fine with taking latter round two/early round three.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Curious to what you mean by that. TBH having a 4 month old kid working remote has lead to..less than usual draft research. Does seem like a boom or bust prospect, which I'm fine with taking latter round two/early round three.

    Zero speed to threaten the edge.    My thoughts from a few months ago...

    posted February 19     Maybe it's just me but another name I'm rather underwhelmed by is Epenesa.  

    Posted February 19

    He just can't threaten the edge and moving inside doesn't necessarily make it a good solution by any stretch.    Not a hell of a lot of 280lb defensive interiors in the NFL that were worth a top 15 pick.   And to just say "put on 20lbs" isn't always a solution for improved play either.  See;  Winn, Billy.

    Basically I didn't see the "rush" in edge rush.    Seems like 31 other GM's saw the "lack of" that I did as well.

  • What to do at pick #9?   Zack Baun?  Winfield Jr.?,  WR?  Yetur Gross-Matos?

  • My fave draft day......lots of talent still on the board....

    @darren15 said:

    My fave draft day......lots of talent still on the board....

    Totally agree - this is the make or break day and Browns need to finally make it with their 3 picks. We need 3 more home runs to go with our first out of the park pick. Most fun day of the draft IMO.

  • Anyone else think we draft a QB earlier than expected? I kinda like the idea on rolling the dice for Jake Fromm. Maybe 3rd round if he’s there.

  • I would not touch a QB this year......

  • I'd go Safety or LB 

  • Anyone else think we draft a QB earlier than expected? I kinda like the idea on rolling the dice for Jake Fromm. Maybe 3rd round if he’s there.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Anyone else think we draft a QB earlier than expected? 

    Nope.  

  • If they say teams don't draft for primary needs? Well the draftnetwork just nailed primary needs to the tune of 2 of 21 teams I've tracked? (to Philly)

    #8 Zona took a secondary need taking bpa Simmons..While Dallas took a secondary need in WR bpa CeeDee Lamb...

    Let's continue to see what they see in needs next?

    #33-Bengals--Edge/WR/LB/IOL/OT/IDL

    #34-Colts*--prime-WR/QB/IDL

    #35-Detroit--LB/EDGE/OL/S/WR

    #36-NYG--LB/EDGE/S/WR/CB

    #37-Pats-QB/WR/EDGE/IOL/TE

    #38-Car--QB/CB/OL/S/LB

    #39-Mia.--Edge/IOL/RB/S

    #40-Texans*-- EDGE/IDL/IOL/OT

    #41 BROWNS--S/IOL/LB/IDL/EDGE

    Jags/Bears 1st pick/Colts/TB/Den/ATL... in order, sit next in line after pick #41

    NOW! it maybe time to match some more names with some team needs

    DO WE MOVE UP? DOWN? or JUST SIT like a good DAWG-IE.......Good luck playing GM Guessing !  

    best available are all over the road..but maybe start here https://espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable    

    @gumby73 said:

    Let's continue to see what they see in needs next?

    #33-Bengals--Edge/WR/LB/IOL/OT/IDL   could take small trade down, to several teams whom has a dying need for McKinney.. Tackle DE & DT both still there?

    #34-Colts*--prime-WR/QB/IDL  could trade or DT/WR

    #35-Detroit--LB/EDGE/OL/S/WR Brun?/DE/T/S all still there

    #36-NYG--LB/EDGE/S/WR/CB good group to choose from

    #37-Pats-QB/WR/EDGE/IOL/TE trading Bill? see's QB/TE1?

    #38-Car--QB/CB/OL/S/LB  watching Bill? QB/TE? most needs besides DT, no reach here. I mocked I.Simmons & Blacklock here..U big Dummies!

    #39-Mia.--Edge/IOL/RB/S  You'd be a fool not to get that RB off the board..bye TAYLOR

    #40-Texans*-- EDGE/IDL/IOL/OT should have loaded up with more picks after Hop to get up...Ezra Cleveland please to Bill O'Whine'n

    #41 BROWNS--S/IOL/LB/IDL/EDGE  Well if were playing with the espn board?  Chinny Chinny Chinn might just still be there..LB or Edge not a surprise either.Might want to jump Gettleman to Lions if McKinney is a Berry target?

    Jags/Bears 1st pick/Colts/TB/Den/ATL... in order, sit next in line after pick #41

    NOW! it maybe time to match some more names with some team needs

    DO WE MOVE UP? DOWN? or JUST SIT like a good DAWG-IE.......Good luck playing GM Guessing !  

    best available are all over the road..but maybe start here https://espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable    

  • Hoping for ZBaun, or AWinfield...can't go wrong either way.

  • Epenesa looked just fine toying with Austin Jackson in the Holiday Bowl on his way to Defensive MVP honors for the game.

    id take him at 41 if he’s there.  He’s not twitchy but he’s got the speed/size/strength combo 

    if you want a different type of athlete around the corner and more in coverage you take Baun.

    1a and 1b for me.

    i think one of the safeties We are all mentioning fall to the third round for us.  We need a front 7 piece with this pick in the 2nd 

  • 1:07 watch the hands and take off on the outside against a guy that just went in the first round 

    the next play he blows up a play in the backfield just a guy named Saquon 

  • What to do at pick #9?   Zack Baun?  Winfield Jr.?,  WR?  Yetur Gross-Matos?

    @orion said:

    What to do at pick #9?   Zack Baun?  Winfield Jr.?,  WR?  Yetur Gross-Matos?

    1. Matos

    2. McKinney 

    3. Blacklock 

    4. Logan Wilson

  • Neville Gallimore too.  
    Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.

    He would fit in nicely in the rotation too

  • I'd go Safety or LB 

    @bob806 said:

    I'd go Safety or LB 

    My line of thinking. 

    Chinn, Harrison, Wilson, plenty of WR and IOL depth to be found including the resident favorite - Muti.       Names that standout to me for the Browns.    

  • Neville Gallimore too.  
    Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.

    He would fit in nicely in the rotation too

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Neville Gallimore too.  
    Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.

    He would fit in nicely in the rotation too

    Damn, was about to edit my post and say him as well.  Good catch.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Neville Gallimore too.  
    Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.

    He would fit in nicely in the rotation too

    Damn, was about to edit my post and say him as well.  Good catch.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Damn, was about to edit my post and say him as well.  Good catch.

    I know you mentioned him a few weeks ago.  I like him a lot too.  I don’t think he’s necessarily a luxury pick but I know we have greater needs. 
      
    I follow college recruiting a lot Gallimore and Epenesa were both highly recruited.  I know Gallimore stung pretty badly when he turned away the Buckeyes for Okie