Draft rounds 2 and 3
-
Anyone else think we draft a QB earlier than expected? I kinda like the idea on rolling the dice for Jake Fromm. Maybe 3rd round if he’s there.
-
I would not touch a QB this year......
-
Anyone else think we draft a QB earlier than expected? I kinda like the idea on rolling the dice for Jake Fromm. Maybe 3rd round if he’s there.
Anyone else think we draft a QB earlier than expected?
Nope.
-
If they say teams don't draft for primary needs? Well the draftnetwork just nailed primary needs to the tune of 2 of 21 teams I've tracked? (to Philly)
#8 Zona took a secondary need taking bpa Simmons..While Dallas took a secondary need in WR bpa CeeDee Lamb...
Let's continue to see what they see in needs next?
#33-Bengals--Edge/WR/LB/IOL/OT/IDL
#34-Colts*--prime-WR/QB/IDL
#35-Detroit--LB/EDGE/OL/S/WR
#36-NYG--LB/EDGE/S/WR/CB
#37-Pats-QB/WR/EDGE/IOL/TE
#38-Car--QB/CB/OL/S/LB
#39-Mia.--Edge/IOL/RB/S
#40-Texans*-- EDGE/IDL/IOL/OT
#41 BROWNS--S/IOL/LB/IDL/EDGE
Jags/Bears 1st pick/Colts/TB/Den/ATL... in order, sit next in line after pick #41
NOW! it maybe time to match some more names with some team needs
DO WE MOVE UP? DOWN? or JUST SIT like a good DAWG-IE.......Good luck playing GM Guessing !
best available are all over the road..but maybe start here https://espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable
Let's continue to see what they see in needs next?
#33-Bengals--Edge/WR/LB/IOL/OT/IDL could take small trade down, to several teams whom has a dying need for McKinney.. Tackle DE & DT both still there?
#34-Colts*--prime-WR/QB/IDL could trade or DT/WR
#35-Detroit--LB/EDGE/OL/S/WR Brun?/DE/T/S all still there
#36-NYG--LB/EDGE/S/WR/CB good group to choose from
#37-Pats-QB/WR/EDGE/IOL/TE trading Bill? see's QB/TE1?
#38-Car--QB/CB/OL/S/LB watching Bill? QB/TE? most needs besides DT, no reach here. I mocked I.Simmons & Blacklock here..U big Dummies!
#39-Mia.--Edge/IOL/RB/S You'd be a fool not to get that RB off the board..bye TAYLOR
#40-Texans*-- EDGE/IDL/IOL/OT should have loaded up with more picks after Hop to get up...Ezra Cleveland please to Bill O'Whine'n
#41 BROWNS--S/IOL/LB/IDL/EDGE Well if were playing with the espn board? Chinny Chinny Chinn might just still be there..LB or Edge not a surprise either.Might want to jump Gettleman to Lions if McKinney is a Berry target?
Jags/Bears 1st pick/Colts/TB/Den/ATL... in order, sit next in line after pick #41
NOW! it maybe time to match some more names with some team needs
DO WE MOVE UP? DOWN? or JUST SIT like a good DAWG-IE.......Good luck playing GM Guessing !
best available are all over the road..but maybe start here https://espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable
-
Epenesa looked just fine toying with Austin Jackson in the Holiday Bowl on his way to Defensive MVP honors for the game.
id take him at 41 if he’s there. He’s not twitchy but he’s got the speed/size/strength combo
if you want a different type of athlete around the corner and more in coverage you take Baun.
1a and 1b for me.
i think one of the safeties We are all mentioning fall to the third round for us. We need a front 7 piece with this pick in the 2nd
-
1:07 watch the hands and take off on the outside against a guy that just went in the first round
the next play he blows up a play in the backfield just a guy named Saquon
-
-
Neville Gallimore too.
Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.He would fit in nicely in the rotation too
-
-
Neville Gallimore too.
Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.He would fit in nicely in the rotation too
Neville Gallimore too.
Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.He would fit in nicely in the rotation too
Damn, was about to edit my post and say him as well. Good catch.
-
Neville Gallimore too.
Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.He would fit in nicely in the rotation too
Damn, was about to edit my post and say him as well. Good catch.
Damn, was about to edit my post and say him as well. Good catch.
I know you mentioned him a few weeks ago. I like him a lot too. I don’t think he’s necessarily a luxury pick but I know we have greater needs.
I follow college recruiting a lot Gallimore and Epenesa were both highly recruited. I know Gallimore stung pretty badly when he turned away the Buckeyes for Okie -
Damn, was about to edit my post and say him as well. Good catch.
I know you mentioned him a few weeks ago. I like him a lot too. I don’t think he’s necessarily a luxury pick but I know we have greater needs.
I follow college recruiting a lot Gallimore and Epenesa were both highly recruited. I know Gallimore stung pretty badly when he turned away the Buckeyes for OkieI know you mentioned him a few weeks ago. I like him a lot too. I don’t think he’s necessarily a luxury pick but I know we have greater needs.
I follow college recruiting a lot Gallimore and Epenesa were both highly recruited. I know Gallimore stung pretty badly when he turned away the Buckeyes for OkieYeah, I remember the name. Pretty sure he was the Canadian kid that went out to the midwest? Which I thought was weird given that it's about 3 hours or so to the border from Columbus (depending on how you drive)
As for Epenesa, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think Austin Jackson was a worthy 1st round investment as an OT, so AJ getting the best of him in the bowl game really doesn't elevate either any higher in my mind.
But we've got the same mindset on Gallimore and, looking at the pick structure, the only real team ahead of us I could see taking him is Detroit. Actually, the run that could be coming would be DB's, RB's and LB's, Nelville might continue to fall a bit. It's entirely possible he's there at the top of the 3rd which would be kind of head scratching to me, but GM's do weird shit all the time as we saw last night.
-
Neville Gallimore too.
Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.He would fit in nicely in the rotation too
Neville Gallimore too.
Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.He would fit in nicely in the rotation too
Watched Gallimore at OU and I wasn’t overly impressed with his total play. He had flashes but wasn’t a sustained contributor. Also seemed to have a lot of near miss backfield tackles. I’m typically a Sooner guy but I wouldn’t look ahead of 115
-
1. Matos
2. McKinney
3. Blacklock
4. Logan Wilson
If McKinney would fall to us that would be great.
-
Trade down, pick up extra picks . With no picks in the 5th round you can get OLB, CB, G ,S before 5th round begins
Trade down, pick up extra picks . With no picks in the 5th round you can get OLB, CB, G ,S before 5th round begins
Not that Berry may not do that.....but NO I do not wish for that to happen. I think we can get a very quality player at 41. And we need quality players more than we need depth.
If we can get a bona fide big time safety or LB here....that is the best course of action.
-
1. Matos
2. McKinney
3. Blacklock
4. Logan Wilson
If McKinney would fall to us that would be great.
If McKinney would fall to us that would be great.
the next three picks, two in the third round are priceless. In my stupid mock, I drafted Kyle Dugger and Logan Wilson with two picks in the second round after a trade down.
Which, btw, I thank the Cleveland Browns and God for Wills being there at 10 !!!
You add Tiam's Jeremy Chinn, who I hadn't even heard of back then, lol,
I think there will be a run on safeties - McKinney, Tiam's Jeremy Chinn, and Kyle Dugger (in that order/..). I think one of those three will
be a Cleveland Brown.
Then there's Logan Wilson. Some mocks have him in the second, some the third, even to the Browns. Me, I would be tempted to trade back up into the second round to be drafting Logan Wilson. Then there is Malik Harrison, him too.
-
Trade down, pick up extra picks . With no picks in the 5th round you can get OLB, CB, G ,S before 5th round begins
Not that Berry may not do that.....but NO I do not wish for that to happen. I think we can get a very quality player at 41. And we need quality players more than we need depth.
If we can get a bona fide big time safety or LB here....that is the best course of action.
Not that Berry may not do that.....but NO I do not wish for that to happen. I think we can get a very quality player at 41. And we need quality players more than we need depth.
If we can get a bona fide big time safety or LB here....that is the best course of action.
Trading down out of the second is a very bad idea, imho. I'd be happier using a third and ? to trade back up into the second. I think we need to get our lb and safety in the second. If our lb lasted til our pick in the third, I'd do a happy dance all around our farm.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login