Skip to content

Draft rounds 2 and 3

The Browns Board
374 37 8.9k
  • did Adam Trautman screw Roger's _____     ? 

    @gumby73 said:

    did Adam Trautman screw Roger's _____     ? 

    I don’t know -  his tape was impressive.  He can catch the football and box out defenders 

  • yeah, i'd trade up for that

  • So what time tomorrow does it start?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Fucking whores from Baltimore took Malik Harrison. Phillips better turn out to be a hell of a lot better given that they were grafted right next to each other

    No surprise. They are very similar kinds of players................................................but then it's SEC!  LOL!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    No surprise. They are very similar kinds of players................................................but then it's SEC!  LOL!?

    Please don't tell me your a person that chants about the sec

  • Malik Harrison draft profile

    Jacob Phillips draft profile

    They are not similar players.

    "X lacks the explosive athleticism teams look for. He has backup talent."

    "Y is a long-legged, loose-hipped linebacker with desired combination of size, physicality and range to help ruin the running game for teams needing linebacker help."

    Our selection? X.  Y went to Baltimore.. the very next pick.  There's seriously nothing Phillips does that Malik doesn't do better.

    The player Jacob Phillips resembles: D'Qwell Jackson, mostly because of their drag-down tackling 5 yards after contact. 

    So we've got that to look forward to.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Fucking whores from Baltimore took Malik Harrison. Phillips better turn out to be a hell of a lot better given that they were grafted right next to each other

    See what I'm saying about the ravens draft?

    JK is the perfect running back for that type of offense as far as experience Elliot. Feel like we got a great safety so I'll count 2nd rd as wash

    Duvernay is just your prototype slot receiver with great quick twitch short area quickness and a burner straightline speed.  He is sure handed and tough as nails to bring down/not afraid to go across the middle.

    I like Malik better than Phillips. Malik is great at plugging holes meeting the blocker in the hole and getting off him. He is a plus in both pass coverage and blitzing. Both are very sure tacklers with good/great sideline to sideline pursuit and good in space. 

    I like madabuike over elliot. But much to say about this one. 

    3rd round I have a big advantage to those cocksuckers

    I give us the edge in first round pick with wills over queen but with history queen probably murders someone gets away with it and becomes the next ray Lewis. Slight advantage browns.

    This is just my opinion and I don't feel the browns have had a bad draft its good to great imo. Great after first 2 rounds 3rd round has downgraded.

    I feel like the ravens have had a excellent draft and a better draft unfortunately.

    @bjh2130 said:

    See what I'm saying about the ravens draft?

    JK is the perfect running back for that type of offense as far as experience Elliot. Feel like we got a great safety so I'll count 2nd rd as wash

    Duvernay is just your prototype slot receiver with great quick twitch short area quickness and a burner straightline speed.  He is sure handed and tough as nails to bring down/not afraid to go across the middle.

    I like Malik better than Phillips. Malik is great at plugging holes meeting the blocker in the hole and getting off him. He is a plus in both pass coverage and blitzing. Both are very sure tacklers with good/great sideline to sideline pursuit and good in space. 

    I like madabuike over elliot. But much to say about this one. 

    3rd round I have a big advantage to those cocksuckers

    I give us the edge in first round pick with wills over queen but with history queen probably murders someone gets away with it and becomes the next ray Lewis. Slight advantage browns.

    This is just my opinion and I don't feel the browns have had a bad draft its good to great imo. Great after first 2 rounds 3rd round has downgraded.

    I feel like the ravens have had a excellent draft and a better draft unfortunately.

    I thought the Ravens picks on offense werent game changes. Dobbins is a very good RB on a team filled with RBs he probably is the 3rd option. Three years from now is when that pick might be a problem. Duvernay is another tiny receiver for a QB who isn't the most accurate in the world, I don't see this guy being anything that elevates their passing game. Their picks on defense are much better in my opinion.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    No surprise. They are very similar kinds of players................................................but then it's SEC!  LOL!?

    Please don't tell me your a person that chants about the sec

    @bjh2130 said:

    Please don't tell me your a person that chants about the sec

    40 SEC in SEC 3 SEC!?

  • Manana all. 11 CDT

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Please don't tell me your a person that chants about the sec

    40 SEC in SEC 3 SEC!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    40 SEC in SEC 3 SEC!?

    You are an aggie fan not an sec fan. Its so fucking obnoxious. The ACC doesn't chant acc in basketball cause they aren't stupid. The fans know what other teams do don't make their team any better

  • @texasag1969 said:

    40 SEC in SEC 3 SEC!?

    You are an aggie fan not an sec fan. Its so fucking obnoxious. The ACC doesn't chant acc in basketball cause they aren't stupid. The fans know what other teams do don't make their team any better

    @bjh2130 said:

    You are an aggie fan not an sec fan. Its so fucking obnoxious. The ACC doesn't chant acc in basketball cause they aren't stupid. The fans know what other teams do don't make their team any better

    Just pullin' ur chain. ??

  • @the-gipper said:

    Fucking whores from Baltimore took Malik Harrison. Phillips better turn out to be a hell of a lot better given that they were grafted right next to each other

    See what I'm saying about the ravens draft?

    JK is the perfect running back for that type of offense as far as experience Elliot. Feel like we got a great safety so I'll count 2nd rd as wash

    Duvernay is just your prototype slot receiver with great quick twitch short area quickness and a burner straightline speed.  He is sure handed and tough as nails to bring down/not afraid to go across the middle.

    I like Malik better than Phillips. Malik is great at plugging holes meeting the blocker in the hole and getting off him. He is a plus in both pass coverage and blitzing. Both are very sure tacklers with good/great sideline to sideline pursuit and good in space. 

    I like madabuike over elliot. But much to say about this one. 

    3rd round I have a big advantage to those cocksuckers

    I give us the edge in first round pick with wills over queen but with history queen probably murders someone gets away with it and becomes the next ray Lewis. Slight advantage browns.

    This is just my opinion and I don't feel the browns have had a bad draft its good to great imo. Great after first 2 rounds 3rd round has downgraded.

    I feel like the ravens have had a excellent draft and a better draft unfortunately.

    @bjh2130 said:

    See what I'm saying about the ravens draft?

    They had like 7 picks.  I am not prepared to say that each and every one of their picks were of better quality...they just had greater quantity.

    JK is the perfect running back for that type of offense as far as experience Elliot. Feel like we got a great safety so I'll count 2nd rd as wash

    Duvernay is just your prototype slot receiver with great quick twitch short area quickness and a burner straightline speed.  He is sure handed and tough as nails to bring down/not afraid to go across the middle.

    I like Malik better than Phillips. Malik is great at plugging holes meeting the blocker in the hole and getting off him. He is a plus in both pass coverage and blitzing. Both are very sure tacklers with good/great sideline to sideline pursuit and good in space. 

    I like madabuike over elliot. But much to say about this one. 

    Well, Madabuike was drafted like 20 slots ahead of Elliot.  Wasn't he? 

    3rd round I have a big advantage to those cocksuckers

    But, again, only because they had like 5 picks compared to the Browns 2. 

    I give us the edge in first round pick with wills over queen but with history queen probably murders someone gets away with it and becomes the next ray Lewis. Slight advantage browns.

    This is just my opinion and I don't feel the browns have had a bad draft its good to great imo. Great after first 2 rounds 3rd round has downgraded.

    I feel like the ravens have had a excellent draft and a better draft unfortunately.

    Just more picks. 

  • Malik Harrison draft profile

    Jacob Phillips draft profile

    They are not similar players.

    "X lacks the explosive athleticism teams look for. He has backup talent."

    "Y is a long-legged, loose-hipped linebacker with desired combination of size, physicality and range to help ruin the running game for teams needing linebacker help."

    Our selection? X.  Y went to Baltimore.. the very next pick.  There's seriously nothing Phillips does that Malik doesn't do better.

    The player Jacob Phillips resembles: D'Qwell Jackson, mostly because of their drag-down tackling 5 yards after contact. 

    So we've got that to look forward to.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Malik Harrison draft profile

    Jacob Phillips draft profile

    They are not similar players.

    "X lacks the explosive athleticism teams look for. He has backup talent."

    "Y is a long-legged, loose-hipped linebacker with desired combination of size, physicality and range to help ruin the running game for teams needing linebacker help."

    Our selection? X.  Y went to Baltimore.. the very next pick.  There's seriously nothing Phillips does that Malik doesn't do better.

    The player Jacob Phillips resembles: D'Qwell Jackson, mostly because of their drag-down tackling 5 yards after contact. 

    So we've got that to look forward to.

    If that is actually the case, then yes, we will have screwed the pooch. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Please don't tell me your a person that chants about the sec

    40 SEC in SEC 3 SEC!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    40 SEC in SEC 3 SEC!?

    My theory is that the SEC got all these picks because so many of these players have been unable to have been scouted....and they just picked SEC players out of the belief,  right or not, that they are likely to get  faster player.  

    Time will tell. 

  • Our first 3 picks were in pff's top 25 prospects....

  • @texasag1969 said:

    40 SEC in SEC 3 SEC!?

    My theory is that the SEC got all these picks because so many of these players have been unable to have been scouted....and they just picked SEC players out of the belief,  right or not, that they are likely to get  faster player.  

    Time will tell. 

    @the-gipper said:

    My theory is that the SEC got all these picks because so many of these players have been unable to have been scouted....and they just picked SEC players out of the belief,  right or not, that they are likely to get  faster player.  

    Time will tell. 

    Maybe you should look up the stats on the number of SEC players in the NFL compared to other conferences. And Gip you can't be serious that the are not scouted as well. That is ridiculous. They are pro scouts. The get assigned to different areas of the country by every NFL team. The Browns had Phillips higher on their board than Harrison and that is why they took him.

  • Our first 3 picks were in pff's top 25 prospects....

    @darren15 said:

    Our first 3 picks were in pff's top 25 prospects....

    Again, is this a case of our Analytics FO following closely with an analytical  rating service?    I have no problem with it....if it turns out to be right. 

    But then....remember when we took a bunch of  "analytics" driven picks in the past?   Coleman,  Ogbah etc.   I hope we have not re-devolved into that. 

  • It feels like we're building a fraternity for OBJ.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    See what I'm saying about the ravens draft?

    They had like 7 picks.  I am not prepared to say that each and every one of their picks were of better quality...they just had greater quantity.

    JK is the perfect running back for that type of offense as far as experience Elliot. Feel like we got a great safety so I'll count 2nd rd as wash

    Duvernay is just your prototype slot receiver with great quick twitch short area quickness and a burner straightline speed.  He is sure handed and tough as nails to bring down/not afraid to go across the middle.

    I like Malik better than Phillips. Malik is great at plugging holes meeting the blocker in the hole and getting off him. He is a plus in both pass coverage and blitzing. Both are very sure tacklers with good/great sideline to sideline pursuit and good in space. 

    I like madabuike over elliot. But much to say about this one. 

    Well, Madabuike was drafted like 20 slots ahead of Elliot.  Wasn't he? 

    3rd round I have a big advantage to those cocksuckers

    But, again, only because they had like 5 picks compared to the Browns 2. 

    I give us the edge in first round pick with wills over queen but with history queen probably murders someone gets away with it and becomes the next ray Lewis. Slight advantage browns.

    This is just my opinion and I don't feel the browns have had a bad draft its good to great imo. Great after first 2 rounds 3rd round has downgraded.

    I feel like the ravens have had a excellent draft and a better draft unfortunately.

    Just more picks. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, Madabuike was drafted like 20 slots ahead of Elliot.  Wasn't he? 

    Yeah and we had a chance to draft a comp (in my view better) defensive tackle right after that and traded out of the spot.

    Yes they have had more picks. That's not the point. I'm saying in my mind I feel they have had a better draft. I think they have drafted great to excellent at each spot they have picked and the browns have drafted good to great in all the spots they have picked. If one team has 14 picks in a draft and drafts 9 players I don't think will be successful and another team has 6 picks in that same draft and drafts 6 players I do think will be successful then guess what?  I'm gonna say in my mind the team with 6 draft picks had the better draft. I don't get what that argument has to do with how I feel the drafts have went. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    My theory is that the SEC got all these picks because so many of these players have been unable to have been scouted....and they just picked SEC players out of the belief,  right or not, that they are likely to get  faster player.  

    Time will tell. 

    Maybe you should look up the stats on the number of SEC players in the NFL compared to other conferences. And Gip you can't be serious that the are not scouted as well. That is ridiculous. They are pro scouts. The get assigned to different areas of the country by every NFL team. The Browns had Phillips higher on their board than Harrison and that is why they took him.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Maybe you should look up the stats on the number of SEC players in the NFL compared to other conferences. And Gip you can't be serious that the are not scouted as well. That is ridiculous. They are pro scouts. The get assigned to different areas of the country by every NFL team. The Browns had Phillips higher on their board than Harrison and that is why they took him.

    Yea,  more of them get drafted, thus there are probably more of them on NFL rosters.  I would say that the SEC also has as higher a bust rate as any conference.  

    But, see above......Unsymp says that there isn't anything Phillips does that Harrison doesn't do better.  So, you can argue with him. 

    And as far as our FO having him rated higher......Depo and Berry are still the guys that gave us the talent that rendered a  1-31 record...and a lot of analytics driven picks that were busts. 

    I am hopeful that the worm has turned and this is not a repeat of all that performance.     But there are plenty of reasons to be skeptical.....and to take a wait and see attitude.  I am not pessimistic...its just that I personally am not going to....as the cliche says...drink the Kool-Aid.....just yet. 

    My personal preference probably would have been for  Antoine Winfield  over Delpit  (though to be honest....I had Delpit as a late 1st rounder....so hopefully we did well there.)   And I personally would have wanted  Harrison over  Phillips.     But most of that is pure familiarity.   I was familiar enough with those two to believe that they could be successful at this level.   I am not as confident with Delpit and Phillips, but that, again is more that I am not familiar with them. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, Madabuike was drafted like 20 slots ahead of Elliot.  Wasn't he? 

    Yeah and we had a chance to draft a comp (in my view better) defensive tackle right after that and traded out of the spot.

    Yes they have had more picks. That's not the point. I'm saying in my mind I feel they have had a better draft. I think they have drafted great to excellent at each spot they have picked and the browns have drafted good to great in all the spots they have picked. If one team has 14 picks in a draft and drafts 9 players I don't think will be successful and another team has 6 picks in that same draft and drafts 6 players I do think will be successful then guess what?  I'm gonna say in my mind the team with 6 draft picks had the better draft. I don't get what that argument has to do with how I feel the drafts have went. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    Yeah and we had a chance to draft a comp (in my view better) defensive tackle right after that and traded out of the spot.

    Yes they have had more picks. That's not the point.

    It IS exactly MY point.  So far anyway. 

    I'm saying in my mind I feel they have had a better draft. I think they have drafted great to excellent at each spot they have picked and the browns have drafted good to great in all the spots they have picked. If one team has 14 picks in a draft and drafts 9 players I don't think will be successful and another team has 6 picks in that same draft and drafts 6 players I do think will be successful then guess what?  I'm gonna say in my mind the team with 6 draft picks had the better draft. I don't get what that argument has to do with how I feel the drafts have went. 

    I am not 100% sold on our draft...nor on the Ravens draft.

    I will only say this:  I think it is a proven that the Ratfuckers have a guy that can coach a team to be a winner in this league.  I don't know that we have that (I hope we do...now).    If Stefanski doesn't prove to be any better than Freddie/Hue/Shurmur/etc..  then we are fucked...regardless of the talent on these teams....or in who each drafted.