Jed Wills
-
Surprises me people still think LT or RT is a thing, in any case he was only the RT because it was Tua's blindside.
A non issue
There are some who think he may have mental lapses where his effort isn’t always there and that can be dangerous if he is lined up vs the opposing team’s top rusher. Baker doesn’t seem thrive when he feels the heat. But I really have no clue. The games I watched I was more paying attention to the offense scoring than the nuances of the line. I’m hoping he is the anchor on the left and Conklin holds down the right. Last season Baker was subpar and I thought a lot had to do with OL play
There are some who think he may have mental lapses where his effort isn’t always there...
Consistency and game preparation, e.g., tape breakdown of opponents, game focus... stuff over and above the OL film sessions with Callahan and staff... now that is something I can see Joe aiding in.
-
On Joe T.... is there ever anybody he doesn't like?
I know he cheer leads, even borderline champions, anyone we stick at LT (List includes Bito and Shon Coleman, and IIRC even Cam... ? ), but that can be attributed to boosting confidence in one of "our guys".
Moreover, at least publicly I've never heard him say a bad thing about any prospect... then again I did not read much about his takes on any of the prospects this season.
So if he's working with our FO on any basis... be it paid, part-time volunteer, or whatever... while in the employ of NFL Network, then that strikes me a conflict of interest-ish stuff. Maybe he does offer "behind the scenes" insights that differ from any public comment, but that doesn't strike me as "being Joe."
Now his offers to work with Wills on the swap to LT? Genuine, to be sure, but how valuable? Can't see much there if he helicopters in once a week or critiques practice tape... I'd honestly rather put him in Callahan's hands full-time.
Just my contrarian $0.02...
On Joe T.... is there ever anybody he doesn't like?
I know he cheer leads, even borderline champions, anyone we stick at LT (List includes Bito and Shon Coleman, and IIRC even Cam... ? ), but that can be attributed to boosting confidence in one of "our guys".
Moreover, at least publicly I've never heard him say a bad thing about any prospect... then again I did not read much about his takes on any of the prospects this season.
So if he's working with our FO on any basis... be it paid, part-time volunteer, or whatever... while in the employ of NFL Network, then that strikes me a conflict of interest-ish stuff. Maybe he does offer "behind the scenes" insights that differ from any public comment, but that doesn't strike me as "being Joe."
Now his offers to work with Wills on the swap to LT? Genuine, to be sure, but how valuable? Can't see much there if he helicopters in once a week or critiques practice tape... I'd honestly rather put him in Callahan's hands full-time.
Just my contrarian $0.02...
If you are pissing on JT, then your opinion ain't worth that.
I will eat some cabbage and pay you a few of my farts for it though.
-
Firstly, he looks eerily simliar to Joel Bitonio.
Much more importantly, as as been indicated he really played RT as he was protecting Tua's blind side. Seemed obvious in retrospect, but I'm confident the man can slide to LT with ease. I agree that I liked Andrew Thomas a little bit more, but I think Jed is a day one, anchor starter at tackle. So glad we didn't blink, exactly what the Browns needed.
-
Nice look at our draftee. One thing I rarely see in an OL is vision. I like how he has the vision to see beyond the man he is blocking and is very quick to switch to another further upfield. You see it time and time again in these videos.
-
Nice look at our draftee. One thing I rarely see in an OL is vision. I like how he has the vision to see beyond the man he is blocking and is very quick to switch to another further upfield. You see it time and time again in these videos.
I like how he has the vision to see beyond the man he is blocking
Big point Brett whatshisbame (Kolmann?) on youtube made in his Wills vs. Wirfs tape.
-
-
Joe Thomas explains why Browns made a 'home run' selection with Jedrick Wills Jr.
Joe Thomas didn't hold back his feelings for Jedrick Wills Jr.
The Browns selected Wills with the 10th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft to bolster the left side of their offensive line, and Thomas, an 11-year Browns veteran and 10-time Pro Bowler, gave Wills his highest praise.
"There will not be any sleeping for me tonight because I'm so excited by this pick," Thomas emphatically said in a radio interview with the Cleveland Browns Radio Network. "When I watch him on film, there is nothing he can't do. All these other guys who were the top tackles had big question marks, in my opinion. This guy? No question marks. Browns home run."
Thomas, who is one of the top left tackles in NFL history, isn't just saying that to rile up Browns supporters, either. He said Browns fans have been messaging him on Twitter about the offensive tackles in the draft for the last couple weeks, and Thomas wanted to give them an informed response about who he'd have at the top of his list.
So, he watched game film on the top four tackle prospects. Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton and Wills were all likely to be pegged early in the first round and highlight one of the best offensive tackle classes in recent memory. When Joe Thomas finished his work, however, Wills stood out.
"There is nothing that when you watch him on tape makes you go, 'Well, I don't know. He's going to have to get better at this,'" Thomas said. "Does this man move like an All-Pro in the NFL? Will the footwork skills, technique, quickness, balance, change of direction and recovery skills that he possesses in his body be able to hold up to the Von Millers and JJ Watts? I went back, and there was only one guy that stood out. He just popped off your screen. The technique he was using. The dominance. The finish. The change in direction. The explosion that he had. The way he could bend his ankles, knees and hips and create force and power. When guys tried to bull rush him, he was firm and stout.
"There was only one guy that looked like that, and that was Jedrick Wills."
-
Joe Thomas explains why Browns made a 'home run' selection with Jedrick Wills Jr.
Joe Thomas didn't hold back his feelings for Jedrick Wills Jr.
The Browns selected Wills with the 10th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft to bolster the left side of their offensive line, and Thomas, an 11-year Browns veteran and 10-time Pro Bowler, gave Wills his highest praise.
"There will not be any sleeping for me tonight because I'm so excited by this pick," Thomas emphatically said in a radio interview with the Cleveland Browns Radio Network. "When I watch him on film, there is nothing he can't do. All these other guys who were the top tackles had big question marks, in my opinion. This guy? No question marks. Browns home run."
Thomas, who is one of the top left tackles in NFL history, isn't just saying that to rile up Browns supporters, either. He said Browns fans have been messaging him on Twitter about the offensive tackles in the draft for the last couple weeks, and Thomas wanted to give them an informed response about who he'd have at the top of his list.
So, he watched game film on the top four tackle prospects. Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton and Wills were all likely to be pegged early in the first round and highlight one of the best offensive tackle classes in recent memory. When Joe Thomas finished his work, however, Wills stood out.
"There is nothing that when you watch him on tape makes you go, 'Well, I don't know. He's going to have to get better at this,'" Thomas said. "Does this man move like an All-Pro in the NFL? Will the footwork skills, technique, quickness, balance, change of direction and recovery skills that he possesses in his body be able to hold up to the Von Millers and JJ Watts? I went back, and there was only one guy that stood out. He just popped off your screen. The technique he was using. The dominance. The finish. The change in direction. The explosion that he had. The way he could bend his ankles, knees and hips and create force and power. When guys tried to bull rush him, he was firm and stout.
"There was only one guy that looked like that, and that was Jedrick Wills."
-
It was telling to me how quick the pick went in. They didn’t even wait for a phone call
-
Fascinating.
My Mama calls me Jedrick Wills jr.. At 1st glance, I'd remind you of a 18 wheeler truck driver at your local Truck Stop .. Luke Colms playing in the CD player..But my Mama led me to playing AlaBama Football while she rolled more than tides... Cleveland..Your Welcome!! (fan rookie hazing..all in fun)
-
Surprises me people still think LT or RT is a thing, in any case he was only the RT because it was Tua's blindside.
A non issue
Well, maybe, hopefully. But, as someone described it, playing LT if you are used to playing RT is like wiping your butt with your left hand if you are right handed...and vice versa.
You're all going to try that now, aren't you!
Well, maybe, hopefully. But, as someone described it, playing LT if you are used to playing RT is like wiping your butt with your left hand if you are right handed...and vice versa.
You're all going to try that now, aren't you!
muscle memory is all
he should be fine at LT
-
Well, maybe, hopefully. But, as someone described it, playing LT if you are used to playing RT is like wiping your butt with your left hand if you are right handed...and vice versa.
You're all going to try that now, aren't you!
muscle memory is all
he should be fine at LT
-
Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams.
Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?
-
Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams.
Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?
Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams.
Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?
Wirfs to play guard
-
Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams.
Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?
Wirfs to play guard
Wirfs to play guard
You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?
Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling.
-
Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams.
Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?
Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams.
Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?
Trade back
-
Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams.
Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?
Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams.
Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?
All I see scrolling down the Round 1 page worthy of the pick are WRs... Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs... of these Ruggs looks like the game breaker to me. But...
I'm all over the phone taking trade down offers... best offer I get so long as it keeps me in front of LAC so I can land Murray...
... which in turn sets up my late third round differently... although Phillips might be able to handle the Will as well.
-
Wirfs to play guard
You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?
Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling.
You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?
Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling.
Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....
Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

