Skip to content

Jed Wills

The Browns Board
58 18 2.2k 1
  • Nice look at our draftee. One thing I rarely see in an OL is vision. I like how he has the vision to see beyond the man he is blocking and is very quick to switch to another further upfield. You see it time and time again in these videos. 

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Analyzing-Jedrick-Wills-fit-in-the-Browns-new-offense-146417540/?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=200424_122914_ClevelandBrowns&utm_content=Image

  • Nice look at our draftee. One thing I rarely see in an OL is vision. I like how he has the vision to see beyond the man he is blocking and is very quick to switch to another further upfield. You see it time and time again in these videos. 

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Analyzing-Jedrick-Wills-fit-in-the-Browns-new-offense-146417540/?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=200424_122914_ClevelandBrowns&utm_content=Image

    @texasag1969 said:

    I like how he has the vision to see beyond the man he is blocking

    Big point Brett whatshisbame (Kolmann?) on youtube made in his Wills vs. Wirfs tape.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    However, Young Berry has won my confidence so far. 

    Take that, Dutch-boy.... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Take that, Dutch-boy.... 😉

    Fascinating. 

  • Joe Thomas explains why Browns made a 'home run' selection with Jedrick Wills Jr.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/joe-thomas-explains-why-browns-made-a-home-run-selection-with-jedrick-wills-jr?fbclid=IwAR2nzZJktDE57A7yjNFmtMsYhWRMWVvy4OMlFj9Y20HFhSHA2XYIqL96yV4

    Joe Thomas didn't hold back his feelings for Jedrick Wills Jr.

    The Browns selected Wills with the 10th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft to bolster the left side of their offensive line, and Thomas, an 11-year Browns veteran and 10-time Pro Bowler, gave Wills his highest praise.

    "There will not be any sleeping for me tonight because I'm so excited by this pick," Thomas emphatically said in a radio interview with the Cleveland Browns Radio Network. "When I watch him on film, there is nothing he can't do. All these other guys who were the top tackles had big question marks, in my opinion. This guy? No question marks. Browns home run."

    Thomas, who is one of the top left tackles in NFL history, isn't just saying that to rile up Browns supporters, either. He said Browns fans have been messaging him on Twitter about the offensive tackles in the draft for the last couple weeks, and Thomas wanted to give them an informed response about who he'd have at the top of his list.

    So, he watched game film on the top four tackle prospects. Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton and Wills were all likely to be pegged early in the first round and highlight one of the best offensive tackle classes in recent memory. When Joe Thomas finished his work, however, Wills stood out.

    "There is nothing that when you watch him on tape makes you go, 'Well, I don't know. He's going to have to get better at this,'" Thomas said. "Does this man move like an All-Pro in the NFL? Will the footwork skills, technique, quickness, balance, change of direction and recovery skills that he possesses in his body be able to hold up to the Von Millers and JJ Watts? I went back, and there was only one guy that stood out. He just popped off your screen. The technique he was using. The dominance. The finish. The change in direction. The explosion that he had. The way he could bend his ankles, knees and hips and create force and power. When guys tried to bull rush him, he was firm and stout. 

    "There was only one guy that looked like that, and that was Jedrick Wills."

  • Joe Thomas explains why Browns made a 'home run' selection with Jedrick Wills Jr.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/joe-thomas-explains-why-browns-made-a-home-run-selection-with-jedrick-wills-jr?fbclid=IwAR2nzZJktDE57A7yjNFmtMsYhWRMWVvy4OMlFj9Y20HFhSHA2XYIqL96yV4

    Joe Thomas didn't hold back his feelings for Jedrick Wills Jr.

    The Browns selected Wills with the 10th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft to bolster the left side of their offensive line, and Thomas, an 11-year Browns veteran and 10-time Pro Bowler, gave Wills his highest praise.

    "There will not be any sleeping for me tonight because I'm so excited by this pick," Thomas emphatically said in a radio interview with the Cleveland Browns Radio Network. "When I watch him on film, there is nothing he can't do. All these other guys who were the top tackles had big question marks, in my opinion. This guy? No question marks. Browns home run."

    Thomas, who is one of the top left tackles in NFL history, isn't just saying that to rile up Browns supporters, either. He said Browns fans have been messaging him on Twitter about the offensive tackles in the draft for the last couple weeks, and Thomas wanted to give them an informed response about who he'd have at the top of his list.

    So, he watched game film on the top four tackle prospects. Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton and Wills were all likely to be pegged early in the first round and highlight one of the best offensive tackle classes in recent memory. When Joe Thomas finished his work, however, Wills stood out.

    "There is nothing that when you watch him on tape makes you go, 'Well, I don't know. He's going to have to get better at this,'" Thomas said. "Does this man move like an All-Pro in the NFL? Will the footwork skills, technique, quickness, balance, change of direction and recovery skills that he possesses in his body be able to hold up to the Von Millers and JJ Watts? I went back, and there was only one guy that stood out. He just popped off your screen. The technique he was using. The dominance. The finish. The change in direction. The explosion that he had. The way he could bend his ankles, knees and hips and create force and power. When guys tried to bull rush him, he was firm and stout. 

    "There was only one guy that looked like that, and that was Jedrick Wills."

    @vambo said:

    ... Thomas wanted to give them an informed response about who he'd have at the top of his list.

    So, he watched game film on the top four tackle prospects.

    So much for Joe having major input into Wills selection...

  • It was telling to me how quick the pick went in. They didn’t even wait for a phone call 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Take that, Dutch-boy.... 😉

    Fascinating. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Fascinating. 

    My Mama calls me Jedrick Wills jr.. At 1st glance, I'd remind you of a 18 wheeler truck driver at your local Truck Stop .. Luke Colms playing in the CD player..But my Mama led me to playing AlaBama Football while she rolled more than tides... Cleveland..Your Welcome!!  (fan rookie hazing..all in fun)

  • Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Trade: Washington has agreed to send Pro-Bowl OT Trent Williams to the SF 49ers in exchange for a fifth-round pick this year and a third-round pick next year, league sources tell ESPN.
  • @londonbrown said:

    Surprises me people still think LT or RT is a thing, in any case he was only the RT because it was Tua's blindside.

    A non issue

    Well, maybe, hopefully.   But, as someone described it,   playing LT if you are used to playing RT is like wiping your butt with your left hand if you are right handed...and vice versa.

    You're all going to try that now, aren't you!

    😆

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, maybe, hopefully.   But, as someone described it,   playing LT if you are used to playing RT is like wiping your butt with your left hand if you are right handed...and vice versa.

    You're all going to try that now, aren't you!

    😆

    muscle memory is all

    he should be fine at LT

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, maybe, hopefully.   But, as someone described it,   playing LT if you are used to playing RT is like wiping your butt with your left hand if you are right handed...and vice versa.

    You're all going to try that now, aren't you!

    😆

    muscle memory is all

    he should be fine at LT

    @atom said:

    muscle memory is all

    he should be fine at LT

    How was your experiment at wiping your butt with your left hand (assuming you are right-handed)?  Then you can give us direct evidence if he will be fine. 

  • Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

  • Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

    Wirfs to play guard 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

    Wirfs to play guard 

    @londonbrown said:

    Wirfs to play guard 

    You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

    Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

  • Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

    Trade back

  • Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?  

    All I see scrolling down the Round 1 page worthy of the pick are WRs... Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs... of these Ruggs looks like the game breaker to me. But...

    I'm all over the phone taking trade down offers... best offer I get so long as it keeps me in front of LAC so I can land Murray...

    ... which in turn sets up my late third round differently... although Phillips might be able to handle the Will as well.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Wirfs to play guard 

    You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

    Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

    Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?  

    All I see scrolling down the Round 1 page worthy of the pick are WRs... Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs... of these Ruggs looks like the game breaker to me. But...

    I'm all over the phone taking trade down offers... best offer I get so long as it keeps me in front of LAC so I can land Murray...

    ... which in turn sets up my late third round differently... although Phillips might be able to handle the Will as well.

    @tour2ma said:

    All I see scrolling down the Round 1 page worthy of the pick are WRs... Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs... of these Ruggs looks like the game breaker to me. But...

    I'm all over the phone taking trade down offers... best offer I get so long as it keeps me in front of LAC so I can land Murray...

    ... which in turn sets up my late third round differently.

    That's what I ended up with too... trade down and get Murray. If I couldn't trade down, I might have considered Jeudy. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

    Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    @londonbrown said:

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    If you could have traded back, who would you have targeted? 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    If you could have traded back, who would you have targeted? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    If you could have traded back, who would you have targeted? 

    Murray 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

    Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    @londonbrown said:

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.