Skip to content

Jed Wills

The Browns Board
58 18 2.2k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?  

    All I see scrolling down the Round 1 page worthy of the pick are WRs... Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs... of these Ruggs looks like the game breaker to me. But...

    I'm all over the phone taking trade down offers... best offer I get so long as it keeps me in front of LAC so I can land Murray...

    ... which in turn sets up my late third round differently... although Phillips might be able to handle the Will as well.

    @tour2ma said:

    All I see scrolling down the Round 1 page worthy of the pick are WRs... Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs... of these Ruggs looks like the game breaker to me. But...

    I'm all over the phone taking trade down offers... best offer I get so long as it keeps me in front of LAC so I can land Murray...

    ... which in turn sets up my late third round differently.

    That's what I ended up with too... trade down and get Murray. If I couldn't trade down, I might have considered Jeudy. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

    Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    @londonbrown said:

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    If you could have traded back, who would you have targeted? 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    If you could have traded back, who would you have targeted? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    If you could have traded back, who would you have targeted? 

    Murray 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

    Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    @londonbrown said:

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.

    That’s not how I remember it but you might well be right 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

    Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

    Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.

    According to Urban Dictionary that move is called: "The Robert Gallery". 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.

    That’s not how I remember it but you might well be right 

    @londonbrown said:

    That’s not how I remember it but you might well be right 

    It was.  Taken top 5 and played tackle at Iowa. Couldn't beat out Morgan Moses on the right side of the line.  Moved inside before the start of the season.

  • @londonbrown said:

    That’s not how I remember it but you might well be right 

    It was.  Taken top 5 and played tackle at Iowa. Couldn't beat out Morgan Moses on the right side of the line.  Moved inside before the start of the season.

    @tiamat63 said:

    It was.  Taken top 5 and played tackle at Iowa. Couldn't beat out Morgan Moses on the right side of the line.  Moved inside before the start of the season.

    If the Redskins could go back and redraft, would they still take him in your opinion? 
     

    He’s been a very good guard for them hasn’t he?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    It was.  Taken top 5 and played tackle at Iowa. Couldn't beat out Morgan Moses on the right side of the line.  Moved inside before the start of the season.

    If the Redskins could go back and redraft, would they still take him in your opinion? 
     

    He’s been a very good guard for them hasn’t he?

    @londonbrown said:

    If the Redskins could go back and redraft, would they still take him in your opinion? 
     

    He’s been a very good guard for them hasn’t he?

    - Yes, but not at 5. 

    - Yes, but again, not at the position he was originally drafted.

  • @londonbrown said:

    That’s not how I remember it but you might well be right 

    It was.  Taken top 5 and played tackle at Iowa. Couldn't beat out Morgan Moses on the right side of the line.  Moved inside before the start of the season.

    @tiamat63 said:

    It was.  Taken top 5 and played tackle at Iowa. Couldn't beat out Morgan Moses on the right side of the line.  Moved inside before the start of the season.

    Difference with Scherff being that Gallery... taken 2nd overall... was only so-so at OG as well.

  • In an at best semi-related matter...

    Looks like we weren't the only one to help lower WSH's ask for Trent Williams...

    Joe Staley, SF's stud OT, held up his retirement announcement until after the deal was done...

    https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Joe-Staley-announces-retirement-My-15226228.php

    Well played, Mr. Lynch...

  • Joe Thomas stated in numerous interviews that he had Wills and Beckton as his #1 and #2.  Beckton was only #2 because his ceiling could be higher. 

    Thought Wills had the best technique and was the most ready to play and be great from day 1.  Huge praise and a nice vote of confidence coming from the GOAT. 

    Wills should be rock solid,  and with Conklin.... No more excuse for baker to be crap.  

  • comparing Wills vs Wirfs pretty cool

  • This is the eye-discipline/vision moment in the Kolman vid.

    image.png.bba70de557d88d57d71874a81caae9a3.png

  • I'm astonished that calfox actually posted a relevant video from the same year. 

  • Self-quarantine. I have a lot more time on the computer. dammit. lol In my defense, it is not the first time, either.

  • Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

    Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Let's say the Browns had made that trade..........for Trent Williams. 

    Trent Williams was like a dark cloud over my head for months.  They DIDN'T make that trade.....and I got my shiny, new OT.  At a good price.   I'm happy.

    Could he be a bust?  Sure.  Or....he might have one next to Joe Thomas in Canton.

  • This is the eye-discipline/vision moment in the Kolman vid.

    image.png.bba70de557d88d57d71874a81caae9a3.png

    @tour2ma said:

    This is the eye-discipline/vision moment in the Kolman vid.

    image.png.bba70de557d88d57d71874a81caae9a3.png

    It was Wills' vision that jumped off the screen throughout various game tapes that impressed me like no other lineman I've seen. It's even more evident in his downfield blocking on run plays when you look at a full game focus on him alone. I think we got the perfect tackle for the offense and the runners we have to execute that part of it. And the added plus of pass pro for the extra second or two that Baker needs to get the ball further downfield on target. Now if we can just get this damn virus to cooperate!

  • comparing Wills vs Wirfs pretty cool

    @calfoxwc said:

    comparing Wills vs Wirfs pretty cool

    Almost as cool as it was the first couple times it was posted... 😉

    /topic/56038