Skip to content

2020 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

The Browns Board
338 25 6.3k
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Love it.

    Let’s dangle Njoku and get back into this round 

    Someone really hates Njoku. Sorry, he's not going anywhere.... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Someone really hates Njoku. Sorry, he's not going anywhere.... 

    Not this year anyway...

    I'm interested in seeing what Stef does with him and whether Hooper can "inspire" him. I think net effect of Hooper could be to take the pressure of being the expected #1 at the position... and that could free Njoku to realize the potential we've been waiting to see.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sees duty for 5 years in the military first. 

    Believe that can be deffered upon NFL drafting.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Believe that can be deffered upon NFL drafting.

    Yup... an Obama policy Trump did not overturn...

    Nov 14, 2019 - The Obama administration put a policy in place allowing some athletes to go to the pros and defer their military service. That policy allowed Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds to be drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the sixth round of the 2016 draft after completing a four-year run with the Midshipmen.

    Jun 26, 2019 - Under existing Department of Defense policy, those enrolled in military academies cannot play sports before serving at least two years in the armed forces. That requirement, Trump wrote in his memo, deprives some student athletes of "a short window" they have to take advantage of their athletic talents.

  • Quarterman was about the last LB prospect I liked for our Brownies.

    This draft has been gutted at that spot now.  

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Quarterman was about the last LB prospect I liked for our Brownies.

    This draft has been gutted at that spot now.  

    I thought he would go to the steelers

    Quatermass and the Pit (Five Million Years to Earth)(The Mind ...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Nope- a net punt can officially be only 98 yds because if you kick from the 1 ft line and it dies on the one ft line, you must count each of those as 1 yard. So the longest net punt was 98 even though that is exactly what happened in 1969 for NY Jets punter Steve O'Neal. The other clue was that he was also an A&M grad.?

    Oh,   Prairie View then. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh,   Prairie View then. 

    All the prairie around Hearne, Texas anyway where I used to skydive. He was a bright guy and ended up finishing dental school after the NFL and last I knew still had an active practice in nearby Bryan. I went out with his roommate and a friend of mine Tommy Maxwell (got a Superbowl ring with the Colts) and fielded punts in front of an Oilers' scout one day. I admit I had great difficulty catching them because his punts were so high that they did not come to a gentle stop in the hands. I don't think Lester Hayes' Stickum had been invented by then.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Oh,   Prairie View then. 

    All the prairie around Hearne, Texas anyway where I used to skydive. He was a bright guy and ended up finishing dental school after the NFL and last I knew still had an active practice in nearby Bryan. I went out with his roommate and a friend of mine Tommy Maxwell (got a Superbowl ring with the Colts) and fielded punts in front of an Oilers' scout one day. I admit I had great difficulty catching them because his punts were so high that they did not come to a gentle stop in the hands. I don't think Lester Hayes' Stickum had been invented by then.?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    where I used to skydive.

    When was your last dive?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    where I used to skydive.

    When was your last dive?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    When was your last dive?

    Oh, about a year after Vietnam. My daughter ended up a far better skydiver with over twice as many jumps as I ever had. She has my Jumpmaster's Wings which I gave her after she earned hers. I was tempted to make a jump with her when she was into it at A&M, but since I had hurt my back years ago I did not dare chance a really hard opening. Those can rattle your teeth if you have a perfect opening with all panels at once. I had one of those once with my altimeter fastened on the top of my front carried reserve chute. Ate that damn thing.?

  • @tour2ma said:

    When was your last dive?

    Oh, about a year after Vietnam. My daughter ended up a far better skydiver with over twice as many jumps as I ever had. She has my Jumpmaster's Wings which I gave her after she earned hers. I was tempted to make a jump with her when she was into it at A&M, but since I had hurt my back years ago I did not dare chance a really hard opening. Those can rattle your teeth if you have a perfect opening with all panels at once. I had one of those once with my altimeter fastened on the top of my front carried reserve chute. Ate that damn thing.?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ate that damn thing.?

    Damn... That'd dent the enamels...

    Personally I'd prefer Laynes... or better yet Freebirds... 🙂

    And why is it "jumps" and not "dives"? Paratroopers rule? If yes, then why is it not called "skyjumping"?

    I mean you may jump out of a C-47, but you dive out of a Cessna... 😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Ate that damn thing.?

    Damn... That'd dent the enamels...

    Personally I'd prefer Laynes... or better yet Freebirds... 🙂

    And why is it "jumps" and not "dives"? Paratroopers rule? If yes, then why is it not called "skyjumping"?

    I mean you may jump out of a C-47, but you dive out of a Cessna... 😉

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Damn... That'd dent the enamels...

    Personally I'd prefer Laynes... or better yet Freebirds... 🙂

    And why is it "jumps" and not "dives"? Paratroopers rule? If yes, then why is it not called "skyjumping"?

    I mean you may jump out of a C-47, but you dive out of a Cessna... 😉

    Oh those paratroopers are wimps who get to have the chute pulled out of their backpacks by a static line attached to the chute, therefore just a jump.

    Now a true skydive for me was being last out in a string of 12 skydivers from a twin Beech, standing on my head to reach 200 mph to get to the lowest one forming the ring below, then flaring out to slow to their 120 mph speed without diving through or "crashing" the ring. Then you fly in slowly to part the arms of any pair and hang on as a new link in the ring. That there is a real skydive and not just a static line jump.

    It's night and day when you look at the skill involved.?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Damn... That'd dent the enamels...

    Personally I'd prefer Laynes... or better yet Freebirds... 🙂

    And why is it "jumps" and not "dives"? Paratroopers rule? If yes, then why is it not called "skyjumping"?

    I mean you may jump out of a C-47, but you dive out of a Cessna... 😉

    Oh those paratroopers are wimps who get to have the chute pulled out of their backpacks by a static line attached to the chute, therefore just a jump.

    Now a true skydive for me was being last out in a string of 12 skydivers from a twin Beech, standing on my head to reach 200 mph to get to the lowest one forming the ring below, then flaring out to slow to their 120 mph speed without diving through or "crashing" the ring. Then you fly in slowly to part the arms of any pair and hang on as a new link in the ring. That there is a real skydive and not just a static line jump.

    It's night and day when you look at the skill involved.?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's night and day when you look at the skill involved.?

    Did you ever get to try one of those webbed, "glider suits"? Probably not what they are called, but you hopefully know to what I refer...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It's night and day when you look at the skill involved.?

    Did you ever get to try one of those webbed, "glider suits"? Probably not what they are called, but you hopefully know to what I refer...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Did you ever get to try one of those webbed, "glider suits"? Probably not what they are called, but you hopefully know to what I refer...

    No those came later. And I can tell you in watching some of those fools do the canyon runs with those things, it's a foolish thing to do. You have no idea when you might run into a downdraft that sends you right into the canyon floor. I feel the same way about the low base jumps off bridges, etc. I saw too many main chute slow openings or "roman candles" that had to be cut away from to trust only one parachute to work perfectly every time. And too many times pushed off course by unexpected thermals in up, down or even sideways drafts while under an open chute.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Yup... lots of Go Pro footage out there. I believe there is still a pot of gold for the first guy to land one of those things... and live.

    Ever have your primary fail you?

  • Yup... lots of Go Pro footage out there. I believe there is still a pot of gold for the first guy to land one of those things... and live.

    Ever have your primary fail you?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Ever have your primary fail you?

    Nope, but my daughter did. I knew she was cool under pressure though after I asked her what her first reaction was and I quote, "I was thinking well I finally get a reserve ride today." She was the same way as a kid of 10 when a horse got away from her and was headed for a barbed wire fence. She told me that she knew she had a runaway horse and remembered in that moment from her Black Stallion books that the way to turn one was to grab one side or the other of the reins with both hands and pull with everything you had. So that is exactly how she did it.