Skip to content

2020 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

The Browns Board
338 25 6.3k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Getting kind of a Seth Devalve 2.0 vibe...

    I’m hoping for Kittle 2.0 but I’ll settle for Kittle Lite 

    Reminds me a little of Gary Barnidge 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m hoping for Kittle 2.0 but I’ll settle for Kittle Lite 

    Reminds me a little of Gary Barnidge 

    I liked Steve Heiden back in the day, always thought he had good hands considering his eyes were almost on top of each other, which probably caused him depth perception problems. 

  • Time for grandson's 12th birthday party/dinner. Later. Pick well in the 5th.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @texasag1969 said:

    Time for grandson's 12th birthday party/dinner. Later. Pick well in the 5th.?

    Have fun..

    (Can't grandpa hide a TV/computer in the corner?)

  • round four.

    I think.....

    Harrison Bryant, TE.

    Tough, mean blocker, catches the ball

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #59

    @calfoxwc said:

    round four.

    I think.....

    Harrison Bryant, TE.

    Tough, mean blocker, catches the ball

    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !giphy.gif

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Harrison bryant had a really good game against the Buckeyes and is a great receiving tight end and high points the ball really well.  He also has strong hands. His end line blocking probably needs work. I can't say definitely because I have never seen him do it but if he rarely ever does it I'm going to assume he is not very good at it. 

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Love the TE pick......plays like an oversized slot receiver.....cannot block but a weapon

  • @tour2ma said:

    Getting kind of a Seth Devalve 2.0 vibe...

    I’m hoping for Kittle 2.0 but I’ll settle for Kittle Lite 

    Reminds me a little of Gary Barnidge 

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m hoping for Kittle 2.0 but I’ll settle for Kittle Lite 

    Reminds me a little of Gary Barnidge 

    Nfl had his comp as George Kittle. Maybe somewhat similar in the passing game but Kittle was a already a proven blocker when he came in the league. This guy is the opposite and a complete enigma as he was never asked to do it really

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

  • I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    pff had him ranked pretty high then? I'm assuming we're going really analytical if that's the case.  Did they have Phillips over Harrison?

  • I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    Strange.

    You'd think catching the ball consistently would be something that would be important for receivers. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    pff had him ranked pretty high then? I'm assuming we're going really analytical if that's the case.  Did they have Phillips over Harrison?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @bjh2130 said:

    pff had him ranked pretty high then? I'm assuming we're going really analytical if that's the case.  Did they have Phillips over Harrison?

    I didn't check, but would be willing to bet money they did.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Strange.

    You'd think catching the ball consistently would be something that would be important for receivers. 

    I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  ?               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

  • Cant' help but notice a continuing trend of highly rated PFF players and national Award Winners.  

    I see that as both a thing of good intention, but also a double-edged sword.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @tiamat63 said:

    Cant' help but notice a continuing trend of highly rated PFF players and national Award Winners.  

    I see that as both a thing of good intention, but also a double-edged sword.

    Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

  • I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @tiamat63 said:

    Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    We had Njoku that could fill that role.

  • Love the TE pick......plays like an oversized slot receiver.....cannot block but a weapon

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @darren15 said:

    Love the TE pick......plays like an oversized slot receiver.....cannot block but a weapon

    You can learn things in a pro camp that you never were asked to do in college...... like getting paid or cut from the best job you might ever get an opportunity at doing in your lifetime.

    Seems to be a nice trend in the NFL with slot/slash/TE type receivers, Fits right into the BROWNS run/pass team.

    GO BROWNS, draftday magic time.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    round four.

    I think.....

    Harrison Bryant, TE.

    Tough, mean blocker, catches the ball

    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !giphy.gif

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @calfoxwc said:

    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !giphy.gif

    That's the reaction I was expecting for Duggar being the 2nd Safety to go off the board...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Cant' help but notice a continuing trend of highly rated PFF players and national Award Winners.  

    I see that as both a thing of good intention, but also a double-edged sword.

    Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m hoping for Kittle 2.0 but I’ll settle for Kittle Lite 

    Reminds me a little of Gary Barnidge 

    Nfl had his comp as George Kittle. Maybe somewhat similar in the passing game but Kittle was a already a proven blocker when he came in the league. This guy is the opposite and a complete enigma as he was never asked to do it really

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @bjh2130 said:

    Nfl had his comp as George Kittle. Maybe somewhat similar in the passing game but Kittle was a already a proven blocker when he came in the league. This guy is the opposite and a complete enigma as he was never asked to do it really

    Which is odd given his OT play in High School.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    There goes Mcfarland to the Steelers.  

    Ouch.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #74

    @tiamat63 said:

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

    Absolutely. You win the Bada Bing Award for the day. 

    BadaBing010094.jpg

  • @bjh2130 said:

    pff had him ranked pretty high then? I'm assuming we're going really analytical if that's the case.  Did they have Phillips over Harrison?

    I didn't check, but would be willing to bet money they did.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Strange.

    You'd think catching the ball consistently would be something that would be important for receivers. 

    I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  ?               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #75

    @tiamat63 said:

    I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  ?               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

    Well... I was (Edit) not stating it as a negative... just as a body type, game type Comparable.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

    There you go... stating facts again... typical tia...

  • There goes Mcfarland to the Steelers.  

    Ouch.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @tiamat63 said:

    There goes Mcfarland to the Steelers.  

    Ouch.

    Why ouch?  They were going to make some kind of a pick.   And they needed a RB.  They got a 4th round guy.  He ain't like considered the next John Henry Johnson, is he?