Skip to content

2020 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

The Browns Board
338 25 6.3k
  • Cant' help but notice a continuing trend of highly rated PFF players and national Award Winners.  

    I see that as both a thing of good intention, but also a double-edged sword.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Cant' help but notice a continuing trend of highly rated PFF players and national Award Winners.  

    I see that as both a thing of good intention, but also a double-edged sword.

    Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

  • I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    We had Njoku that could fill that role.

  • Love the TE pick......plays like an oversized slot receiver.....cannot block but a weapon

    @darren15 said:

    Love the TE pick......plays like an oversized slot receiver.....cannot block but a weapon

    You can learn things in a pro camp that you never were asked to do in college...... like getting paid or cut from the best job you might ever get an opportunity at doing in your lifetime.

    Seems to be a nice trend in the NFL with slot/slash/TE type receivers, Fits right into the BROWNS run/pass team.

    GO BROWNS, draftday magic time.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    round four.

    I think.....

    Harrison Bryant, TE.

    Tough, mean blocker, catches the ball

    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !giphy.gif

    @calfoxwc said:

    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !giphy.gif

    That's the reaction I was expecting for Duggar being the 2nd Safety to go off the board...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Cant' help but notice a continuing trend of highly rated PFF players and national Award Winners.  

    I see that as both a thing of good intention, but also a double-edged sword.

    Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m hoping for Kittle 2.0 but I’ll settle for Kittle Lite 

    Reminds me a little of Gary Barnidge 

    Nfl had his comp as George Kittle. Maybe somewhat similar in the passing game but Kittle was a already a proven blocker when he came in the league. This guy is the opposite and a complete enigma as he was never asked to do it really

    @bjh2130 said:

    Nfl had his comp as George Kittle. Maybe somewhat similar in the passing game but Kittle was a already a proven blocker when he came in the league. This guy is the opposite and a complete enigma as he was never asked to do it really

    Which is odd given his OT play in High School.

  • There goes Mcfarland to the Steelers.  

    Ouch.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

    Absolutely. You win the Bada Bing Award for the day. 

    BadaBing010094.jpg

  • @bjh2130 said:

    pff had him ranked pretty high then? I'm assuming we're going really analytical if that's the case.  Did they have Phillips over Harrison?

    I didn't check, but would be willing to bet money they did.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Strange.

    You'd think catching the ball consistently would be something that would be important for receivers. 

    I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  ?               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

    @tiamat63 said:

    I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  ?               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

    Well... I was (Edit) not stating it as a negative... just as a body type, game type Comparable.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

    There you go... stating facts again... typical tia...

  • There goes Mcfarland to the Steelers.  

    Ouch.

    @tiamat63 said:

    There goes Mcfarland to the Steelers.  

    Ouch.

    Why ouch?  They were going to make some kind of a pick.   And they needed a RB.  They got a 4th round guy.  He ain't like considered the next John Henry Johnson, is he? 

  • I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    I work at FAU, Harrison is a really humble dude. A couple of things I’d say:

    he was the man on offense, and our QB play was well below average. The lane train made a bad call on the starter imo. He’s a great instinct dude but needs to get better in line blocking. A lot of those balls he dropped were wounded ducks. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    There goes Mcfarland to the Steelers.  

    Ouch.

    Why ouch?  They were going to make some kind of a pick.   And they needed a RB.  They got a 4th round guy.  He ain't like considered the next John Henry Johnson, is he? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Why ouch?  They were going to make some kind of a pick.   And they needed a RB.  They got a 4th round guy.  He ain't like considered the next John Henry Johnson, is he? 

    I think he's going to be a quality NFL back.  And the last thing I want is my arch-rival drafting good players.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !giphy.gif

    That's the reaction I was expecting for Duggar being the 2nd Safety to go off the board...

    @tour2ma said:

    That's the reaction I was expecting for Duggar being the 2nd Safety to go off the board...

    LOL. No, that would be bad form (but it does make me Happy, Happy, Happy)

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  ?               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

    Well... I was (Edit) not stating it as a negative... just as a body type, game type Comparable.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

    There you go... stating facts again... typical tia...

    @tour2ma said:

    Well... I was stating it as a negative... just as a body type, game type Comparable.

    There you go... stating facts again... typical tia...

    You gave him a pat on the back?   I gave him a boob shot for his observation.  You need to step up your game. 

  • The bio of the TE on NFL com was pretty good.  Was an OLineman...so he can block to some degree.  I like TE's that can catch & block....puts doubt into the Defense.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

    Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

    I work at FAU, Harrison is a really humble dude. A couple of things I’d say:

    he was the man on offense, and our QB play was well below average. The lane train made a bad call on the starter imo. He’s a great instinct dude but needs to get better in line blocking. A lot of those balls he dropped were wounded ducks. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    I work at FAU, Harrison is a really humble dude. A couple of things I’d say:

    he was the man on offense, and our QB play was well below average. The lane train made a bad call on the starter imo. He’s a great instinct dude but needs to get better in line blocking. A lot of those balls he dropped were wounded ducks. 

    That is refreshing to hear and comforting in a way.    The kid has physical potential and his size creates problems with most any linebacker or DB.     If the catching improves with the improved passing (naturally should) then it's a home run pick.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why ouch?  They were going to make some kind of a pick.   And they needed a RB.  They got a 4th round guy.  He ain't like considered the next John Henry Johnson, is he? 

    I think he's going to be a quality NFL back.  And the last thing I want is my arch-rival drafting good players.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think he's going to be a quality NFL back.  And the last thing I want is my arch-rival drafting good players.

    Well...maybe.  Maybe he will just be a 4th round RB. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  ?               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

    Well... I was (Edit) not stating it as a negative... just as a body type, game type Comparable.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

    There you go... stating facts again... typical tia...

    @tour2ma said:

    Well... I was stating it as a negative... 

    So was I.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why ouch?  They were going to make some kind of a pick.   And they needed a RB.  They got a 4th round guy.  He ain't like considered the next John Henry Johnson, is he? 

    I think he's going to be a quality NFL back.  And the last thing I want is my arch-rival drafting good players.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think he's going to be a quality NFL back.  And the last thing I want is my arch-rival drafting good players.

    Looks like you have another full-time job...

  • DJ Wonnum off the board shortly after we made our pick.

    Sucks, that was another edge I was looking at top of the 5th round.