Skip to content

UDFA tracker

The Browns Board
61 18 2.4k
  • I pulled Nate Wieting’s name out of a hat and did a little poking around the web. He’s our UDFA TE from Iowa. I found a cut up of a game he played against USC. Posted below.

    I’m not sure why this is the one game someone picked to highlight him. I wonder if a jaded ex girlfriend made it or something. His pass blocking doesn’t look good. Run blocking maybe slightly better. I counted he was 1 for 2 on catches. I’m simply not sure what exactly he does well.

    Edit: at least he recovered the fumble he caused.

  • Roster 90 maybe in flux for a bit.. but the DBN reported counts look right..just not all have spotrac'd signed yet.. 75 on roster plus 15 UDFA's= hits 90 allowed..from the 2 sites..we need to figure out if Memphis-LB-Austin Hall has committed? OR Liberity-S-Elijah Benson has? were 1 off from 2 sites

    Browns OC/QB coach Alex Van Pelt..I had forgotten that he was still on the Bengals coaching staff coaching the South at the Senior Bowl...TE-Harrison Bryant//OT-Alex Taylor//and CB-AJ Green all played on the South Team..  still udfa..DT Benito Jones was also in the South room with Van Pelt...  

  • 145k may have been higher than UDFA before this year; however, it was only the 3rd highest given to a UDFA this season.

    Top 5 this season, each of which is likely a record over prior seasons

    Jacksonville Jaguars: cornerback Lui Barcoo - $180K
    New England Patriots: linebacker Skuta Harris - $150K
    Dallas Cowboys: cornerback Ron'Dell Carter - $145K
    Cleveland Browns: cornerback A.J. Green - $145K
    New England Patriots: linebacker DeJohn Harris - $140K

  • 145k may have been higher than UDFA before this year; however, it was only the 3rd highest given to a UDFA this season.

    Top 5 this season, each of which is likely a record over prior seasons

    Jacksonville Jaguars: cornerback Lui Barcoo - $180K
    New England Patriots: linebacker Skuta Harris - $150K
    Dallas Cowboys: cornerback Ron'Dell Carter - $145K
    Cleveland Browns: cornerback A.J. Green - $145K
    New England Patriots: linebacker DeJohn Harris - $140K

    @unsympathetic said:

    145k may have been higher than UDFA before this year; however, it was only the 3rd highest given to a UDFA this season.

    Top 5 this season, each of which is likely a record over prior seasons

    Jacksonville Jaguars: cornerback Lui Barcoo - $180K
    New England Patriots: linebacker Skuta Harris - $150K
    Dallas Cowboys: cornerback Ron'Dell Carter - $145K
    Cleveland Browns: cornerback A.J. Green - $145K
    New England Patriots: linebacker DeJohn Harris - $140K

    Interesting. I wonder if this will be a new norm, or signs of what a deep draft it was, or if this is pandemic related?  

  • @unsympathetic said:

    145k may have been higher than UDFA before this year; however, it was only the 3rd highest given to a UDFA this season.

    Top 5 this season, each of which is likely a record over prior seasons

    Jacksonville Jaguars: cornerback Lui Barcoo - $180K
    New England Patriots: linebacker Skuta Harris - $150K
    Dallas Cowboys: cornerback Ron'Dell Carter - $145K
    Cleveland Browns: cornerback A.J. Green - $145K
    New England Patriots: linebacker DeJohn Harris - $140K

    Interesting. I wonder if this will be a new norm, or signs of what a deep draft it was, or if this is pandemic related?  

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Interesting. I wonder if this will be a new norm, or signs of what a deep draft it was, or if this is pandemic related?  

    maybe the new CBA.

  • Article on Alex Taylor. The author is high on the OT UDFA from SC State. He apparently is a tall long armed drink of water. Best line from the article:

    “Taylor is as raw as sashimi, but guys with his wingspan, strength, and mobility all rolled into one don't come around often.”

    https://www.12up.com/posts/this-undrafted-free-agent-is-guaranteed-to-make-the-browns-01e769e03ap4/partners/40734

  • Article on Alex Taylor. The author is high on the OT UDFA from SC State. He apparently is a tall long armed drink of water. Best line from the article:

    “Taylor is as raw as sashimi, but guys with his wingspan, strength, and mobility all rolled into one don't come around often.”

    https://www.12up.com/posts/this-undrafted-free-agent-is-guaranteed-to-make-the-browns-01e769e03ap4/partners/40734

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Article on Alex Taylor. The author is high on the OT UDFA from SC State. He apparently is a tall long armed drink of water. Best line from the article:

    “Taylor is as raw as sashimi, but guys with his wingspan, strength, and mobility all rolled into one don't come around often.”

    https://www.12up.com/posts/this-undrafted-free-agent-is-guaranteed-to-make-the-browns-01e769e03ap4/partners/40734

    I think in our BB mock draft I selected him somewhere in the  5th or 6th round.    I know that Tour was high on him....for what that's worth.  I think Tia liked him as well.   If he is what those guys think he is, he could be a bona fide keeper. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Article on Alex Taylor. The author is high on the OT UDFA from SC State. He apparently is a tall long armed drink of water. Best line from the article:

    “Taylor is as raw as sashimi, but guys with his wingspan, strength, and mobility all rolled into one don't come around often.”

    https://www.12up.com/posts/this-undrafted-free-agent-is-guaranteed-to-make-the-browns-01e769e03ap4/partners/40734

    I think in our BB mock draft I selected him somewhere in the  5th or 6th round.    I know that Tour was high on him....for what that's worth.  I think Tia liked him as well.   If he is what those guys think he is, he could be a bona fide keeper. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I think in our BB mock draft I selected him somewhere in the  5th or 6th round.    I know that Tour was high on him....for what that's worth.  I think Tia liked him as well.   If he is what those guys think he is, he could be a bona fide keeper. 

    If nothing else, a good development piece. 

  • Wouldn't say I was "high on him"... I generally don't like OTs over 6'5. I never laid eyes on the kid.

    What I did say was that I was "intrigued" by accounts I'd read of Taylor. Intrigued enough to take a 7th-round flyer on him so I'm delighted to see him coming to camp on a UDFA contract.

  • This years’ “prospect X” was revealed to be Matt Cole, a wideout and special teams dynamo from McKendree University in Illinois. He got picked up as a UDFA by Miami. 

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/04/29/deepest-sleeper-of-nfl-draft-prospect-x-identity-team-reveal

    Our own Drew Forbes was “prospect X” last year. The designation is meant to be the deepest sleeper in the draft.

  • Browns sign 15 undrafted free agents, including CB A.J. Green and WR Tony Brown

    Updated May 05, 2020; Posted May 05, 2020
     
     

    BEREA, Ohio -- Browns GM Andrew Berry added 15 undrafted free agents to the 2020 rookie class.

    The rookies will join the Browns’ seven draft picks in a virtual rookie camp May 8-10.

    The list of undrafted free agents includes Oklahoma State cornerback A.J. Green and Colorado wide receiver Tony Brown. It features eight offensive players and seven defensive players. The positions include four defensive backs, a pair of defensive linemen, running backs, offensive linemen and wide receivers, as well as a single linebacker, quarterback and tight end.

    Browns undrafted rookies

    Browns undrafted free agents bios from the Browns release here https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/05/browns-sign-15-undrafted-free-agents-including-cb-aj-green-and-wr-tony-brown.html

  • Did a little video watching on our new QB, Princeton's Kevin Davidson (#10), this AM vs. Brown, Harvard, Dartmouth. No full game tape yet, but plenty of game highlight tapes.

    Not seeing the "strong arm"... lot of touch passes, but accuracy seems decent even when under pressure. So far only one bonehead throw.

    Here's the Brown game. Others appear in the queue...

  • Ajayi has good bloodlines. Brother has a Superbowl ring.