Skip to content

Donovan Peoples-Jones

The Browns Board
316 27 7.9k 1
  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @mld-woody said:

    woooooo

    you could have at least put up a bio

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #3

    PFF College@PFF_College
    Donovan Peoples-Jones one-hand at Michigan's impromptu Pro Day😳

    (Via @JordanStrack)
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #4
    B/R Gridiron@brgridiron
    Donovan Peoples-Jones recorded the second best vertical jump (44.5-inch) for Combine WRs since 2006.

    Sheesh. ✈️

    (via @NFL)

    40 Yard Dash - 4.48

    Vertical - 44.5"

    Broad - 139" 

    https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2020/03/wr-donovan-peoples-jones-nfl-combine-surprised-him-but-not-michigan-teammates.html

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Did someone say Donovan Peoples Jones ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Another skunk turd underachiever 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

  • Another skunk turd underachiever 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Another skunk turd underachiever 

    Oh hey it's this idiot again

  • @mld-woody said:

    woooooo

    you could have at least put up a bio

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @atom said:

    you could have at least put up a bio

    He IS going to pick up every stitch.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Another skunk turd underachiever 

    Oh hey it's this idiot again

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh hey it's this idiot again

    Really With a name like woody 

  • Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tiamat63 said:

    Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

    Are you confusing him with Nico Collins? 

    I liked Nico but he stayed in school. 

    DJP had the crucial drop in the end zone. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #12
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

    Are you confusing him with Nico Collins? 

    I liked Nico but he stayed in school. 

    DJP had the crucial drop in the end zone. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Are you confusing him with Nico Collins? 

    I liked Nico but he stayed in school. 

    DJP had the crucial drop in the end zone. 

    Are you confusing him with Ronnie Bell?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Are you confusing him with Nico Collins? 

    I liked Nico but he stayed in school. 

    DJP had the crucial drop in the end zone. 

    Are you confusing him with Ronnie Bell?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #14

    @mld-woody said:

    Are you confusing him with Ronnie Bell?

    Nico had a great game against OSU in 18. I recall a great 50/50 ball near or at the goalline.  They contained him in 19 because Okudah and safety help and just an overall concerted effort to shut him down.

    Id love to snag him in 21 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #15
    ANALYST'S REPORTS

    Marino

    Harris

    Crabbs

    PROS: Wonderful blend of size, hands, ball skills and athleticism. Erratic quarterback play at Michigan allowed him to showcase his ability to make adjustments to off-target throws and snatch the football securely outside of his frame. Can scoop out the low throw but also work back across his momentum to pluck the football. Natural ball tracking skills. Outstanding body control and balance to win in contested situations and hang on through contact. Does a great job of extending throwing windows and he offers an exciting catch radius. Fluid athlete that has easy acceleration and he glides once he opens up his stride. Love how he stacks and creates leverage as a route-runner. Vertical cuts are seamless. Has some post-catch ability to create yardage for himself. Sees the field well and he has the ability to break tackles. Competes like an alpha. Has two career punt return touchdowns and they were spectacular. 

    CONS: Lacks dynamic twitch and quickness in short areas. Frequent reps from the slot granted him free releases and he needs to prove/develop his ability to clear press coverage. Would like to see him get his hands more consistently involved early in his stem. 

    BEST TRAIT - Ball Skills

    WORST TRAIT - Short Area Quickness

    RED FLAGS - None

    NFL COMP - Hakeem Nicks 

    Donovan Peoples-Jones didn’t quite have the production at Michigan given his status as a five-star recruit and No. 1 wide receiver in his class coming out of high school. That said, his quarterback play has been dreadful and it limited his ability to be more productive. Peoples-Jones has many qualities that make him an appealing NFL prospect and likely a better pro than college player. His hands, ball skills, size and athletic ability all shine on tape. There’s no questioning his ability to adjust to the football and pluck it with consistency. His body control and concentration along the sidelines and in contested situations are outstanding. The biggest concern with Peoples-Jones at the next level is how consistently he can beat press coverage and if he has enough quick-twitch qualities to be a consistent separator. Peoples-Jones is best utilized as a big slot that can also help his team as a returner. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

    Are you confusing him with Nico Collins? 

    I liked Nico but he stayed in school. 

    DJP had the crucial drop in the end zone. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Are you confusing him with Nico Collins? 

    I liked Nico but he stayed in school. 

    DJP had the crucial drop in the end zone. 

    I think you're right....?  I'll have to double check.

    I was a $200 bar tab type hammered that day.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17
    Graham Barfield@GrahamBarfield
    Quality QB play is obviously a large part trying to evaluate wide receivers coming into the NFL.

    Using PFF data, here is how often the 2020 WR class saw an accurate pass on their targets:
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Well everything I see says he is a project and a potential high reward one at that 

    Just the sort of flier you take in the 6th round, now let’s hope he works out 

  • Well everything I see says he is a project and a potential high reward one at that 

    Just the sort of flier you take in the 6th round, now let’s hope he works out 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @londonbrown said:

    Well everything I see says he is a project and a potential high reward one at that 

    Just the sort of flier you take in the 6th round, now let’s hope he works out 

    And, if he don't, maybe the two WRs we pick up as UDFAs will.   Little risk. 

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #20

    GO BUCKEYES

    O H

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Are you confusing him with Nico Collins? 

    I liked Nico but he stayed in school. 

    DJP had the crucial drop in the end zone. 

    I think you're right....?  I'll have to double check.

    I was a $200 bar tab type hammered that day.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think you're right....?  I'll have to double check.

    I was a $200 bar tab type hammered that day.

    I hear you.  I can’t stand that Saturday but thankfully they’ve ended well the past couple decades