Skip to content

Donovan Peoples-Jones

The Browns Board
316 27 7.9k 1
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Everitt is a hero to Browns fans.  He carried the torch.

  • @nero said:

    Goalie with 6' 4'' is great. I had asthma when I was a kid but never more after puberty. 

    I'm really bad at soccer, so in normal soccer I would play defender (haven't played in ages), I enjoyed shutting people down. Now for some years I've only played futsal and I play as a striker simply because I'm not either phisically or technically good so there's where less harmful I can be for my team: in futsal you have to sprint constantly and is way different to soccer, with more technique and moving around. I fight, I try to not make mistakes, I cheer and that's about it. 

    And yeah, I'd say you're soccer big. Not only in Spain we have less average height than in the US (I'm 5'9'' myself), but I don't see many people at 6'4'' or taller playing soccer unless they are centerback, goalie or a striker. I only recall Ibrahimovic being a very agile at 6'5'', but from that point onwards most of the people are "clunky" for soccer.

    My favorite player growing up was Oguchi Onyewu. Big ass centerback. Played on the US team. 

    Also, I'm terrible at futsal. The less players on the field the worse I get as a field player (but better I get at goalie haha).

    I'd also imagine the Spanish version of "really bad at soccer" is still above average in the States haha. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I'd also imagine the Spanish version of "really bad at soccer" is still above average in the States haha. 

    Could be. I have a brother who is not good at soccer either (but has a lot of athleticism and can run for hours) and when he went to Texas in 2012 he said he was one of the best on the field. He is better than I am, but that story tells you a lot about average play level. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'd also imagine the Spanish version of "really bad at soccer" is still above average in the States haha. 

    Could be. I have a brother who is not good at soccer either (but has a lot of athleticism and can run for hours) and when he went to Texas in 2012 he said he was one of the best on the field. He is better than I am, but that story tells you a lot about average play level. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Could be. I have a brother who is not good at soccer either (but has a lot of athleticism and can run for hours) and when he went to Texas in 2012 he said he was one of the best on the field. He is better than I am, but that story tells you a lot about average play level. 

    Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??

  • @nero said:

    Could be. I have a brother who is not good at soccer either (but has a lot of athleticism and can run for hours) and when he went to Texas in 2012 he said he was one of the best on the field. He is better than I am, but that story tells you a lot about average play level. 

    Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??

    Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??

    Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    No baseball in Spain?

    Well in your colonies of the new world it ranks right up there with futbol! Especially Dominican Republic and Venezuela.?

  • @nero said:

    Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    No baseball in Spain?

    Well in your colonies of the new world it ranks right up there with futbol! Especially Dominican Republic and Venezuela.?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    No baseball in Spain?

    Well in your colonies of the new world it ranks right up there with futbol! Especially Dominican Republic and Venezuela.?

    There's baseball in Spain, but it is marginal sport, so I would say most of us don't even know how to throw a baseball. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??

    Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    image.thumb.png.adf7b9da2e8272983ac0ce34baa031ae.png

  • @nero said:

    I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    image.thumb.png.adf7b9da2e8272983ac0ce34baa031ae.png

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    image.thumb.png.adf7b9da2e8272983ac0ce34baa031ae.png

    Nope. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??

    Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    Why would you want to tromp all over your vegetables and flowers by playing in your garden?   Use the lawn in your back yard. 

  • @nero said:

    Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime. 

    Why would you want to tromp all over your vegetables and flowers by playing in your garden?   Use the lawn in your back yard. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Why would you want to tromp all over your vegetables and flowers by playing in your garden?   Use the lawn in your back yard. 

    Lol, I meant lawn. I don't have one hah. And here we call it what would be translated into "garden". 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    No baseball in Spain?

    Well in your colonies of the new world it ranks right up there with futbol! Especially Dominican Republic and Venezuela.?

    There's baseball in Spain, but it is marginal sport, so I would say most of us don't even know how to throw a baseball. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    There's baseball in Spain, but it is marginal sport, so I would say most of us don't even know how to throw a baseball. 

    Well, maybe that is good for the health of your nation, because one thing is certainly true about throwing a baseball.   It is an unnatural motion that puts a ton of stress on the elbow and shoulder.  And it leads to many injuries in those areas of the body. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why would you want to tromp all over your vegetables and flowers by playing in your garden?   Use the lawn in your back yard. 

    Lol, I meant lawn. I don't have one hah. And here we call it what would be translated into "garden". 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Lol, I meant lawn. I don't have one hah. And here we call it what would be translated into "garden". 

    You mean the Spanish word for "lawn"  translates to "garden"?  What is that word? 

    Also....then...as a non-Akronite  I won't disclose to you what a devil strip is. 

  • @nero said:

    Lol, I meant lawn. I don't have one hah. And here we call it what would be translated into "garden". 

    You mean the Spanish word for "lawn"  translates to "garden"?  What is that word? 

    Also....then...as a non-Akronite  I won't disclose to you what a devil strip is. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    You mean the Spanish word for "lawn"  translates to "garden"?  What is that word? 

    Also....then...as a non-Akronite  I won't disclose to you what a devil strip is. 

    Please don't disclose your devil strip Gip

  • @the-gipper said:

    You mean the Spanish word for "lawn"  translates to "garden"?  What is that word? 

    Also....then...as a non-Akronite  I won't disclose to you what a devil strip is. 

    Please don't disclose your devil strip Gip

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mld-woody said:

    Please don't disclose your devil strip Gip

    You don't know what that is, do you.  You're Not an Akronite. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Please don't disclose your devil strip Gip

    You don't know what that is, do you.  You're Not an Akronite. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    You don't know what that is, do you. 

    My guess is it's a tree lawn but I honestly don't know 

  • @the-gipper said:

    You don't know what that is, do you. 

    My guess is it's a tree lawn but I honestly don't know 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    My guess is it's a tree lawn but I honestly don't know 

    It obviously was not a guess.   Its not like it is really a big secret or anything. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    My guess is it's a tree lawn but I honestly don't know 

    It obviously was not a guess.   Its not like it is really a big secret or anything. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    It obviously was not a guess.   Its not like it is really a big secret or anything. 

    No it was 100% a guess. I'd never heard of the term until you said it. I just used context clues....

  • @the-gipper said:

    It obviously was not a guess.   Its not like it is really a big secret or anything. 

    No it was 100% a guess. I'd never heard of the term until you said it. I just used context clues....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    No it was 100% a guess. I'd never heard of the term until you said it. I just used context clues....

    Or, maybe  it was in the back of your mind somewhere, and when it was mentioned here it slipped to the front of your mind. 

    Nevertheless....as noted,  it was pretty much exclusively and Akron thing because,   aren't you originally from like a Cleveland area suburb?  And you say you have never heard of it.      So, it was not a Cleveland thing, or Columbus or elsewhere.   (however, I do think that someone....here or elsewhere, like on Facebook, said they were from Toledo and that the term was used there some).

    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devil's Strip

  • @nero said:

    Lol, I meant lawn. I don't have one hah. And here we call it what would be translated into "garden". 

    You mean the Spanish word for "lawn"  translates to "garden"?  What is that word? 

    Also....then...as a non-Akronite  I won't disclose to you what a devil strip is. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    You mean the Spanish word for "lawn"  translates to "garden"?  What is that word? 

    Also....then...as a non-Akronite  I won't disclose to you what a devil strip is. 

    No. I mean that when we talk about the lawn we usually call it "jardín", which translates to garden. We simplify it by using that therm, no matter if it has flowers making it an actual garden or not. "lawn" translates to "césped" and is a term we use more specific contexts. For example in football. Like, you know, real football 😉

  • @mld-woody said:

    No it was 100% a guess. I'd never heard of the term until you said it. I just used context clues....

    Or, maybe  it was in the back of your mind somewhere, and when it was mentioned here it slipped to the front of your mind. 

    Nevertheless....as noted,  it was pretty much exclusively and Akron thing because,   aren't you originally from like a Cleveland area suburb?  And you say you have never heard of it.      So, it was not a Cleveland thing, or Columbus or elsewhere.   (however, I do think that someone....here or elsewhere, like on Facebook, said they were from Toledo and that the term was used there some).

    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devil's Strip

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Or, maybe  it was in the back of your mind somewhere, and when it was mentioned here it slipped to the front of your mind. 

    Nevertheless....as noted,  it was pretty much exclusively and Akron thing because,   aren't you originally from like a Cleveland area suburb?  And you say you have never heard of it.      So, it was not a Cleveland thing, or Columbus or elsewhere.   (however, I do think that someone....here or elsewhere, like on Facebook, said they were from Toledo and that the term was used there some).

    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devil's Strip

    Correct, Cleveland suburbs. That's why I use tree lawn