Skip to content

Donovan Peoples-Jones

The Browns Board
316 27 7.9k 1
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    I have a mortgage. That's a mature thing, right?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    So are you going to tell me if your career is in law?

  • So are you going to tell me if your career is in law?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    So are you going to tell me if your career is in law?

    @mld-woody said:

    I have a mortgage. That's a mature thing, right?

    A.   Have you truly been that inattentive?  How many years have you been a patron of this board? Every other single person who has been here for more than a few months has known that.   That is as basic as knowing you went to some school with a mediocre engineering program. 

    B. Not necessarily...it is just a debt thing.   How do I know?  From 40 years of practicing law and dealing with entire cadres of people who were immature yet still had mortgages. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    A1. Never saw it mentioned. And I think 8 years now? Something like that. 

    Makes a lot of sense though. Engineers/STEM majors are trained to solve problems. You're trained to argue, but not actually fix anything (my biggest issue with politicians). Also why u hear we don't get picked to be jurors a lot.

    A2. Lol... Mediocre 

    B. I was mostly just joking. 

  • A1. Never saw it mentioned. And I think 8 years now? Something like that. 

    Makes a lot of sense though. Engineers/STEM majors are trained to solve problems. You're trained to argue, but not actually fix anything (my biggest issue with politicians). Also why u hear we don't get picked to be jurors a lot.

    A2. Lol... Mediocre 

    B. I was mostly just joking. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    A1. Never saw it mentioned. And I think 8 years now? Something like that. 

    Makes a lot of sense though. Engineers/STEM majors are trained to solve problems. You're trained to argue, but not actually fix anything (my biggest issue with politicians). Also why u hear we don't get picked to be jurors a lot.

    You clearly have no fucking clue.   You might solve math problems, but when it comes to most real world problems.....human problems......there is usually a lawyer involved that either provides the solution, or negotiates the solution.  Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people  often call to help resolve it? 

    A2. Lol... Mediocre 

    Well...Maybe they are ranked pretty high.  But in every  bag of gold there are a few pieces of pyrite.  Voila!

    B. I was mostly just joking. 

    But, in your joking you did hit on something.

  • @mld-woody said:

    A1. Never saw it mentioned. And I think 8 years now? Something like that. 

    Makes a lot of sense though. Engineers/STEM majors are trained to solve problems. You're trained to argue, but not actually fix anything (my biggest issue with politicians). Also why u hear we don't get picked to be jurors a lot.

    You clearly have no fucking clue.   You might solve math problems, but when it comes to most real world problems.....human problems......there is usually a lawyer involved that either provides the solution, or negotiates the solution.  Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people  often call to help resolve it? 

    A2. Lol... Mediocre 

    Well...Maybe they are ranked pretty high.  But in every  bag of gold there are a few pieces of pyrite.  Voila!

    B. I was mostly just joking. 

    But, in your joking you did hit on something.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people often call to help resolve it?

    Electricians. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people often call to help resolve it?

    Electricians. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Electricians. 

    Or gunsmiths.??

  • @the-gipper said:

    Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people often call to help resolve it?

    Electricians. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Electricians. 

    No wonder you got burned so bad in your divorce!😆

    Hell, at least "guru"  could have been a logical answer. 

    Myers' 'Guru' up for year's worst - CNN.com

  • @d-bone said:

    Electricians. 

    Or gunsmiths.??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Or gunsmiths.??

    Well...about  63% of all gun deaths  are self inflicted suicides, and another 20% are where the gun owner is either killed by his own guy by a family member...or he/she kills another member of their own household.   So, OK, I can see where in a great number of instances a gunsmiths  contribution can be a "Final Solution"  to a person's problems.  

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    Hahaha yeah

    When I think of a lawyer I definitely think of something out there "solving problems" 

  • @mld-woody said:

    No it was 100% a guess. I'd never heard of the term until you said it. I just used context clues....

    Or, maybe  it was in the back of your mind somewhere, and when it was mentioned here it slipped to the front of your mind. 

    Nevertheless....as noted,  it was pretty much exclusively and Akron thing because,   aren't you originally from like a Cleveland area suburb?  And you say you have never heard of it.      So, it was not a Cleveland thing, or Columbus or elsewhere.   (however, I do think that someone....here or elsewhere, like on Facebook, said they were from Toledo and that the term was used there some).

    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devil's Strip

    BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Or, maybe  it was in the back of your mind somewhere, and when it was mentioned here it slipped to the front of your mind. 

    Nevertheless....as noted,  it was pretty much exclusively and Akron thing because,   aren't you originally from like a Cleveland area suburb?  And you say you have never heard of it.      So, it was not a Cleveland thing, or Columbus or elsewhere.   (however, I do think that someone....here or elsewhere, like on Facebook, said they were from Toledo and that the term was used there some).

    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devil's Strip

    We used the term devils strip here in Stark County(Canton/Massillon) as well!

  • Hahaha yeah

    When I think of a lawyer I definitely think of something out there "solving problems" 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Hahaha yeah

    When I think of a lawyer I definitely think of something out there "solving problems" 

    Yes....that is exactly what lawyers do. Or attempt to do.  

    Though what you probably think is that lawyers also create problems for others.   Even that is not exactly true.  It is the Lawyers' clients that create the problems for others.  The lawyers are only the implements by which these clients seek redress or remedy of the problem they bring to the lawyers. 

    When you obtain more life experience, you will understand this.  

    I don't know what kind of engineering you may do, but I assume that you consider yourself a professional.  Would you expect to see any Joe Blow off the street to perform the professional tasks that you perform in your occupation?  I don't think so.

    And would you want your fellow  civil/electrical/mechanical/whatever engineer  handling  your divorce for you?  Or to defend you from criminal allegations,  or professional malpractice allegations?    I don't think so. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?

  • What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?

    Good lawyers are bad persons and bad lawyers are good persons. 

  • What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?

    The difference is whether or not  he/she is your lawyer, or your opponents Lawyer. 

  • @d-bone said:

    What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?

    Good lawyers are bad persons and bad lawyers are good persons. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Good lawyers are bad persons and bad lawyers are good persons. 

    Nope, see above, all perspective. 

  • @d-bone said:

    What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?

    Good lawyers are bad persons and bad lawyers are good persons. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @nero said:

    Good lawyers are bad persons and bad lawyers are good persons. 

    Nice!

    Also:   A bad lawyer might let a case drag on for several years. A good lawyer knows how to make it last even longer.

  • @nero said:

    Good lawyers are bad persons and bad lawyers are good persons. 

    Nope, see above, all perspective. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Nope, see above, all perspective. 

    Damn it, I expected more fireworks. Well played.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    The job of a lawyer is to argue for their client. Even if their client isn't correct. They're trained to argue. Doesn't matter for what. 

    They aren't solving problems.

    Again, that's the bigger issue with politicians IMO

  • @nero said:

    Good lawyers are bad persons and bad lawyers are good persons. 

    Nice!

    Also:   A bad lawyer might let a case drag on for several years. A good lawyer knows how to make it last even longer.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Nice!

    Also:   A bad lawyer might let a case drag on for several years. A good lawyer knows how to make it last even longer.

    No, not if they want to make money.