Skip to content

Donovan Peoples-Jones

The Browns Board
316 27 7.9k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Ah..Ha ha.   OK. 

    Not sure what  succer rivalries may match OSU/Michigan.  Barcelona/Madrid?   Liverpool/Manchester?   Brazil/Argentina?   (the answer is:   none)

    Rangers/Celtic is the fiercest Soccer rivalry due to political/religious reasons. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @londonbrown said:

    Rangers/Celtic is the fiercest Soccer rivalry due to political/religious reasons. 

    So, where are they from?     And how/why would political/religious reasons come into it.   We have a lot of great rivalries in sports here, but I don't know that  political reasons (other than city vs. city)  or religious reasons come into play.  

    Oh, there was the  "Catholics vs. Convicts"   Notre Dame/Miami rivalry for a while......but it really had fuck all to do with religion...it was just a way to smack talk. 

  • DPJ has unbelievable athleticism and his potential is through the roof. For some reason it has never clicked with him and that reason may always exist.  If he puts it all together and has an accurate quarterback he very well may end up being a huge steal in the draft. That kids tape out of high school was unreal.  I wanted him to commit to osu so bad and osu actually led for him at one point then Michigan jumped them and never looked back. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @bjh2130 said:

    DPJ has unbelievable athleticism and his potential is through the roof. For some reason it has never clicked with him and that reason may always exist.  If he puts it all together and has an accurate quarterback he very well may end up being a huge steal in the draft. That kids tape out of high school was unreal.  I wanted him to commit to osu so bad and osu actually led for him at one point then Michigan jumped them and never looked back. 

    Well....Ohio State can't get everyone.  They get lots of people from  Texas, Florida, New Jersey, California etc. etc  and Ohio of course. 

    And hopefully he will develop as you describe.  The guys on TV seemed to think that way as well. 

  • DPJ has unbelievable athleticism and his potential is through the roof. For some reason it has never clicked with him and that reason may always exist.  If he puts it all together and has an accurate quarterback he very well may end up being a huge steal in the draft. That kids tape out of high school was unreal.  I wanted him to commit to osu so bad and osu actually led for him at one point then Michigan jumped them and never looked back. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @bjh2130 said:

    DPJ has unbelievable athleticism and his potential is through the roof. For some reason it has never clicked with him and that reason may always exist.  If he puts it all together and has an accurate quarterback he very well may end up being a huge steal in the draft. That kids tape out of high school was unreal.  I wanted him to commit to osu so bad and osu actually led for him at one point then Michigan jumped them and never looked back. 

    I’m rooting for him.  Be Manningham or Funchess .....and not the dozen or so others before you.  

  • @bjh2130 said:

    DPJ has unbelievable athleticism and his potential is through the roof. For some reason it has never clicked with him and that reason may always exist.  If he puts it all together and has an accurate quarterback he very well may end up being a huge steal in the draft. That kids tape out of high school was unreal.  I wanted him to commit to osu so bad and osu actually led for him at one point then Michigan jumped them and never looked back. 

    Well....Ohio State can't get everyone.  They get lots of people from  Texas, Florida, New Jersey, California etc. etc  and Ohio of course. 

    And hopefully he will develop as you describe.  The guys on TV seemed to think that way as well. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....Ohio State can't get everyone.  They get lots of people from  Texas, Florida, New Jersey, California etc. etc  and Ohio of course. 

    And hopefully he will develop as you describe.  The guys on TV seemed to think that way as well. 

    Not to get way off track but I hope we take some of these guys they have coming to OSU.  Wow- talk about WR talent.  There are some names in the next 3-4 years that we need to get to know.

    And for the bad guys...I think Nico Collins is a great WR I’d be happier if it was him and not DPJ but maybe this lights a fire under DPJ.  He’s got a great opportunity here to make the roster. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Maybe Peeps can give us a Punt return game:   Here are his stats:

    Punt & Kick Returns

     
     
        Punt Ret Kick Ret
    Year School Conf Class Pos G Ret Yds Avg TD Ret Yds Avg TD
    Career Michigan         89 743 8.3 2 0 0   0
    *2017 Michigan Big Ten FR WR 13 40 320 8.0 1 0 0   0
    *2018 Michigan Big Ten SO WR 13 25 250 10.0 1 0 0   0
    *2019 Michigan Big Ten JR WR 11 24 173 7.2 0 0 0   0
  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....Ohio State can't get everyone.  They get lots of people from  Texas, Florida, New Jersey, California etc. etc  and Ohio of course. 

    And hopefully he will develop as you describe.  The guys on TV seemed to think that way as well. 

    Not to get way off track but I hope we take some of these guys they have coming to OSU.  Wow- talk about WR talent.  There are some names in the next 3-4 years that we need to get to know.

    And for the bad guys...I think Nico Collins is a great WR I’d be happier if it was him and not DPJ but maybe this lights a fire under DPJ.  He’s got a great opportunity here to make the roster. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Not to get way off track but I hope we take some of these guys they have coming to OSU.  Wow- talk about WR talent.  There are some names in the next 3-4 years that we need to get to know.

    And for the bad guys...I think Nico Collins is a great WR I’d be happier if it was him and not DPJ but maybe this lights a fire under DPJ.  He’s got a great opportunity here to make the roster. 

    Collins is still in school, no? 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Rangers/Celtic is the fiercest Soccer rivalry due to political/religious reasons. 

    So, where are they from?     And how/why would political/religious reasons come into it.   We have a lot of great rivalries in sports here, but I don't know that  political reasons (other than city vs. city)  or religious reasons come into play.  

    Oh, there was the  "Catholics vs. Convicts"   Notre Dame/Miami rivalry for a while......but it really had fuck all to do with religion...it was just a way to smack talk. 

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @the-gipper said:

    So, where are they from?     And how/why would political/religious reasons come into it.   We have a lot of great rivalries in sports here, but I don't know that  political reasons (other than city vs. city)  or religious reasons come into play.  

    Oh, there was the  "Catholics vs. Convicts"   Notre Dame/Miami rivalry for a while......but it really had fuck all to do with religion...it was just a way to smack talk. 

    They are based in Glasgow, Scotland and it’s based around sectarianism like it is in Belfast. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Not to get way off track but I hope we take some of these guys they have coming to OSU.  Wow- talk about WR talent.  There are some names in the next 3-4 years that we need to get to know.

    And for the bad guys...I think Nico Collins is a great WR I’d be happier if it was him and not DPJ but maybe this lights a fire under DPJ.  He’s got a great opportunity here to make the roster. 

    Collins is still in school, no? 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @the-gipper said:

    Collins is still in school, no? 

    Yeah he is- I mentioned earlier he could have went out this year and DPJ could have stayed but the opposite happened 

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, where are they from?     And how/why would political/religious reasons come into it.   We have a lot of great rivalries in sports here, but I don't know that  political reasons (other than city vs. city)  or religious reasons come into play.  

    Oh, there was the  "Catholics vs. Convicts"   Notre Dame/Miami rivalry for a while......but it really had fuck all to do with religion...it was just a way to smack talk. 

    They are based in Glasgow, Scotland and it’s based around sectarianism like it is in Belfast. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @londonbrown said:

    They are based in Glasgow, Scotland and it’s based around sectarianism like it is in Belfast. 

    Ah....both in the same town?   Surely yes, such can/should be a great rivalry.    (though, shouldn't Celtics be from Ireland?)

    Nevertheless....surely they are over all that sectarianism/religious bullshit....and it is now just a good old heated cross town rivalry?

    I will say this:   here in the US the leagues have done a piss poor job of promoting the good potential, heated cross town rivalries.  At least in the two major sports.   They put teams in the same city in the different leagues/conferences:

    Baseball:   NY Yankees in AL, NY Mets in NL;   LA Dodgers in NL, LA/Anaheim  Angels in AL.    Chicago Cubs in NL, Chicago White Sox in AL

    Football:   NY Giants NFC, NY Jets  AFC;   now LA Rams NFC, LA Chargers AFC.     At the time "crosstown  SFO 49ers and Oakland Raiders in opposite conferences.

    The NHL and NBA probably do it better,  but heretofore, nothing really came of the "same city" rivals...as least in NBA.   Knicks/Nets, not really a thing.  Nor were the Lakers/Clippers....BUT...this year that particular rivalry was looking to really heat up...as each seemed to be the best two teams in the  Western Conference.   But...the fucking Coronavirus has put a damper on that.   Maybe, maybe it can be revived if they get back to playing.   (I know there are crosstown teams in NHL...but I am not sure how hot the rivalries are there)

  • GO BUCKEYES

    O H

    BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @atom said:

    GO BUCKEYES

    O H

    I-O❣

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #59

    I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

  • I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @londonbrown said:

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    and confusing and ignorant

  • @londonbrown said:

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    and confusing and ignorant

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @atom said:

    and confusing and ignorant

    ..how about barbaric....

  • I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @londonbrown said:

    I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    You should be afraid,  as it is not really true.    I don't think just because there is idiotic violence associated with a rivalry that that makes it any greater, more heated or more fierce.  It just makes those fans more stupid. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #63
    Cleveland Browns@Browns
    Let's GO @dpeoplesjones 🔥🔥

    📺: #NFLDraft on ABC, ESPN + NFLN
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #64
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Peeps is gonna find it different in the NFL.  He was 'blown coverage' wide open in the videos.

  • I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #66

    @londonbrown said:

    I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    That isn't rivalry.  That is pure, encompassing, completely hate driven idiocy.     Rivalry for a contact sport is settled on the field and at it's core a mutual (although stubborn) respect.

    I would actually argue if soccer itself were more "violent", similar to the game of football, then you wouldn't see the extent of the chaos after the fact like you do with footbul.      Spend 4 quarters beating the shit out of the person across from you.  You'll gain a new appreciation for your competition and you'll never be more tired in your life.

    Don't? Well, then you get the poor countries sport rioting results from time to time.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #67
    Donovan Peoples-Jones@dpeoplesjones
    Thank you to the Cleveland Browns for believing in me!!! I can’t wait!!! #DawgPound
  • I like how there always have to be multiple OSU questions, Braylon, etc

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @mld-woody said:

    I like how there always have to be multiple OSU questions, Braylon, etc

    Of course. Some of the OSU homers don't believe in ever taking a player from Michigan when there's still a draftable Buckeye still on the board. They're so blinded, they almost want the guy to fail- just because he went to the wrong college. If you take a look at current analytics- the Browns knew Braylon had questionable hands- and drafted him anyway.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

    Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... ? Bad Gippet!

    Now you're talking- the #1 sport in the world.  😁