Donovan Peoples-Jones
-
1
I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for.
I'll give it a little bit. The Scottish Hammer is still a beast
Also, I'm on your side of the soccer debate. They just don't know what they're talking about, it's ok. I look forward to a future in the US where baseball is on life support and soccer is thriving.
Well, you may as well also look forward to your own death as well....since that is likely to come first.
(notice that during the pandemic that the nation is looking forward to the football season, and the possible resumption of Baseball, basketball, even hockey....but not one peep about soccer)
-
Don't mind this pick. Has all the tools to be a contributor. Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint. Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive. I'm good with it.
Got a DPJ to go with our OBJ... and that's OK...
Don't mind this pick. Has all the tools to be a contributor. Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint. Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive. I'm good with it.
Agree... read comments about the inconsistent QB play hurting him... and given the turd Shea laid last year in the Big House I can see that. Combine was outstanding.
More of a punt returner but yes, he returned kicks too.
All right! Another Josh Cribbs.. only DPJ went to a lesser school...
-
Well, you know who is to blame for that. Plus, I guess you could say that there is no controversy associated with taking Wills.. No one has reason to dispute the efficacy of that pick. Here, there could be some of that.
Also....being in Anglaland, perhaps you are not as cognizant of the most fierce rival in all of sports.
Na I get the rivalry , have read some stuff on it before. Just found it amusing
Na I get the rivalry , have read some stuff on it before. Just found it amusing
Why read when you can...
-
Now the wood-man man will have to change his Avatar. My paternal great grandmother's maiden name was Peoples, I don't see a family resemblance but who knows?
WSS
-
Oh hey it's this idiot again
Really With a name like woody
Really With a name like woody
At least you 2 agree to remain a lot more than 6' apart.
-
I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries.
The violence shown by fans can be shocking
I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries.
The violence shown by fans can be shocking
Philadelphia used to have a court room and jail cells in Veterans Stadium for their sum of football + Alcohol. Even Santa wasn't safe in that place. They threw snow balls, f-bombs, and boos/booze at him. I think they have the same set up in their new stadium. At least I hope they do.
-
“Even Santa wasn’t safe” ???
-
It is not as if we have drafted a Michigan player for the first time

-
woooooo
you could have at least put up a bio
you could have at least put up a bio
well, good luck to him. You never know.
************************************************
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/donovan-peoples-jones?id=32195045-4f60-4060-aa06-be3909ebff80
OverviewFormer five-star and top-rated receiver coming out of high school, Peoples-Jones failed to find the success and production expected over his three seasons at Michigan. His route tempo is sluggish, but he has some savvy and shortcuts footwork for out-breaking routes to the boundary. He doesn't run well enough to play outside in the pros but has decent tape as a big slot. His pro limitations go beyond Michigan's spotty offense and he may not reach any higher than being an average backup.
Weaknesses- Release lacks twitch and suddenness
- Press jams find him all game long
- Play speed is very gradual and non-threatening
- Will have NFL cornerbacks parked in his pocket
- Unable to shake tight man to open extended windows
- Slowed by redirection from shallow zone defenders
- Focus drops popped up against Ohio State
- Never posted a 100-yard game at Michigan
-
All right..All right already ?... This poor Woody guy, can't win for losings on this board since the Peppers pick.. and am posting as a Buckeye homer!!
I had to miss most of yesterdays draft events..and i just spent 2 hours catching up with this board.. I'll hit the recorded button, with the FF option of cutting out 3 hours of bs..
I had posted somewhere on this god for shaken'd, shaken up WR draft jumbo of topics, That all I was looking for ? was giving Baker a tall, wingspan'd receiver 'aka Cortland Sutton' type, to help as a true..." just chuck it up & go get it" wide out option in the redzone....
in the 6th round? I could not be more than thrilled with this pick ? and don't care anymore where he played his college ball.. Welcome to the Land! Peeps-Jones..#gogetit?
-
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
-
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game.
I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game
-
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
Can't add more reactions today so, let's go Oprah mode:
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
YOU get an upvote!!!
and..
Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game.
I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game
YOU get an upvote!!!
Everyone gets an upvote!!!
-
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
Well, I was born in the same town as their most beloved HC in history....and from whence came a couple of their top RBs in history: Billy Taylor and Larry Ricks...whose Dad Leon is a friend of mine; Plus a top OC in Mike Peresta. Also on the basketball side, we gave them the Bodnar twins, one of whom became the UM associate athletic director. He had been tapped to be the Executive Director of the Barberton Community Foundation, but political Bullshit got in the way there. Now I think he practices law in Ann Arbor.
-
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game.
I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game
Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game.
I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game
And it is even worse at a soccer game. Why do you think they are always singing? In order not to be bored out of their minds and to give themselves something to do.
-
Let's not talk soccer. It's a big, popular sport, I know.....but I just cannot watch it. It puts me to sleep. Kick ball....run after it....ball gets kicked....run the other way. Sorry, that's what it is to me. - My son (when he was little) played soccer one year. One game I was supposed to be there early to set up the field. I had to draw the center circle. I never played fucking soccer. I was a basketball player. I drew a circle about the size of the jump ball circle. lol
-
OK well....back to the rivalry.
Ohio State will likely have two of the best WRs returning: Olave and Wilson. FMU will have Bell. Ohio State will have a Heisman contending QB. What will Michigan have?
And back to the thread:
What does anyone think that Peeps will bring that will elevate him above the likes of Damon Ratley or Tywan Taylor...or ??? Hodges?
-
OK well....back to the rivalry.
Ohio State will likely have two of the best WRs returning: Olave and Wilson. FMU will have Bell. Ohio State will have a Heisman contending QB. What will Michigan have?
And back to the thread:
What does anyone think that Peeps will bring that will elevate him above the likes of Damon Ratley or Tywan Taylor...or ??? Hodges?
OK well....back to the rivalry.
Ohio State will likely have two of the best WRs returning: Olave and Wilson. FMU will have Bell. Ohio State will have a Heisman contending QB. What will Michigan have?
And back to the thread:
What does anyone think that Peeps will bring that will elevate him above the likes of Damon Ratley or Tywan Taylor...or ??? Hodges?
Ah, I see you're showing off your deep knowledge of all things football again by not even knowing about or mentioning our best WR that's returning. One that has literally been mentioned by others in this thread multiple times as being good and someone they'd be happy drafting.
I'll give you this though, you do a hell of a job of exuding confidence and expertise on things you know little about.
-
As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers.
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Ditto... if I was across the pond. As for TV-watching... World Cups involving USA whenever on, but historically US women's teams more than men's because of their superior precision. Until recently USA men just looked like a collection of individuals.
Quick Story... business trip to Grangemouth, Scotland to visit my company's manufacturing facility there. My hosts booked me into a Best Western in a converted castle... neat place even if they did not reserve one of the higher-priced rooms physically in the castle. Anyway the 1st evening I was there was a Scotland vs. England match in a Cup qualifier IIRC.
The Hotel's bar was packed with fans... many in kilts... most of whom were members/attendees of a wedding party there for the reception. Even the bride was there. An attractive "lass" in a beautiful white dress. You think the Browns have rivalries??? The cheering was vicious. They did the garter thing at half-time.
Scotland hung tough for a good part of the game, but alas the joy of the wedding party was ultimately dashed, but it was a cool way to spend an evening.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login