Skip to content

Donovan Peoples-Jones

The Browns Board
316 27 7.9k 1
  • @mld-woody said:

    woooooo

    you could have at least put up a bio

    @atom said:

    you could have at least put up a bio

        well, good luck to him. You never know.

    ************************************************

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/donovan-peoples-jones?id=32195045-4f60-4060-aa06-be3909ebff80

    Overview

    Former five-star and top-rated receiver coming out of high school, Peoples-Jones failed to find the success and production expected over his three seasons at Michigan. His route tempo is sluggish, but he has some savvy and shortcuts footwork for out-breaking routes to the boundary. He doesn't run well enough to play outside in the pros but has decent tape as a big slot. His pro limitations go beyond Michigan's spotty offense and he may not reach any higher than being an average backup.

    Weaknesses
    • Release lacks twitch and suddenness
    • Press jams find him all game long
    • Play speed is very gradual and non-threatening
    • Will have NFL cornerbacks parked in his pocket
    • Unable to shake tight man to open extended windows
    • Slowed by redirection from shallow zone defenders
    • Focus drops popped up against Ohio State
    • Never posted a 100-yard game at Michigan
  • All right..All right already ?... This poor Woody guy, can't win for losings on this board since the Peppers pick.. and am posting as a Buckeye homer!!

    I had to miss most of yesterdays draft events..and i just spent 2 hours catching up with this board.. I'll hit the recorded button, with the FF option of cutting out 3 hours of bs..

    I had posted somewhere on this god for shaken'd, shaken up WR draft jumbo of topics, That all I was looking for ? was giving Baker a tall, wingspan'd receiver 'aka Cortland Sutton' type, to help as a true..." just chuck it up & go get it" wide out option in the redzone....

    in the 6th round? I could not be more than thrilled with this pick ? and don't care anymore where he played his college ball.. Welcome to the Land! Peeps-Jones..#gogetit?  

  • As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

  • As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

    Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game. 

    I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game

  • As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

    Can't add more reactions today so, let's go Oprah mode: 

    @dutch-oven said:

    As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

    YOU get an upvote!!!

    and..

    @mld-woody said:

    Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game. 

    I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game

    YOU get an upvote!!! 

    Everyone gets an upvote!!! 

  • As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

    Well, I was born in the same town as their most beloved HC in history....and from whence came a couple of their top RBs in history:  Billy Taylor and Larry Ricks...whose Dad Leon is a friend of mine;  Plus a top OC in Mike Peresta.  Also on the basketball side, we gave them the Bodnar twins, one of whom became the UM associate athletic director.  He had been tapped to be the Executive Director of the Barberton Community Foundation, but political Bullshit got in the way there.  Now I think he practices law in Ann Arbor. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

    Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game. 

    I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game

    @mld-woody said:

    Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game. 

    I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game

    And it is even worse at a soccer game.  Why do you think they are always singing?  In order not to be bored out of their minds and to give themselves something to do.  

  • Let's not talk soccer.  It's a big, popular sport, I know.....but I just cannot watch it.  It puts me to sleep.  Kick ball....run after it....ball gets kicked....run the other way.  Sorry, that's what it is to me.  -  My son (when he was little) played soccer one year.  One game I was supposed to be there early to set up the field.  I had to draw the center circle.  I never played fucking soccer.  I was a basketball player.   I drew a circle about the size of the jump ball circle.  lol

  • OK  well....back to the rivalry.      

    Ohio State will likely have two of the best WRs returning:   Olave and Wilson.    FMU will have Bell.       Ohio State will have a Heisman contending QB.   What will Michigan have? 

    And back to the thread:

    What does anyone think that Peeps will bring that will elevate him above the likes of Damon Ratley or Tywan Taylor...or   ??? Hodges?

  • OK  well....back to the rivalry.      

    Ohio State will likely have two of the best WRs returning:   Olave and Wilson.    FMU will have Bell.       Ohio State will have a Heisman contending QB.   What will Michigan have? 

    And back to the thread:

    What does anyone think that Peeps will bring that will elevate him above the likes of Damon Ratley or Tywan Taylor...or   ??? Hodges?

    @the-gipper said:

    OK  well....back to the rivalry.      

    Ohio State will likely have two of the best WRs returning:   Olave and Wilson.    FMU will have Bell.       Ohio State will have a Heisman contending QB.   What will Michigan have? 

    And back to the thread:

    What does anyone think that Peeps will bring that will elevate him above the likes of Damon Ratley or Tywan Taylor...or   ??? Hodges?

    Ah, I see you're showing off your deep knowledge of all things football again by not even knowing about or mentioning our best WR that's returning. One that has literally been mentioned by others in this thread multiple times as being good and someone they'd be happy drafting. 

    I'll give you this though, you do a hell of a job of exuding confidence and expertise on things you know little about. 

  • As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Ditto... if I was across the pond. As for TV-watching... World Cups involving USA whenever on, but historically US women's teams more than men's because of their superior precision. Until recently USA men just looked like a collection of individuals.

    Quick Story... business trip to Grangemouth, Scotland to visit my company's manufacturing facility there. My hosts booked me into a Best Western in a converted castle... neat place even if they did not reserve one of the higher-priced rooms physically in the castle. Anyway the 1st evening I was there was a Scotland vs. England match in a Cup qualifier IIRC.

    The Hotel's bar was packed with fans... many in kilts... most of whom were members/attendees of a wedding party there for the reception. Even the bride was there. An attractive "lass" in a beautiful white dress. You think the Browns have rivalries??? The cheering was vicious. They did the garter thing at half-time.

    Scotland hung tough for a good part of the game, but alas the joy of the wedding party was ultimately dashed, but it was a cool way to spend an evening.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, you know who is to blame for that.    Plus,  I guess you could say that there is no controversy associated with taking Wills.. No one has reason to dispute the efficacy of that pick.  Here, there could be some of that. 

    Also....being in Anglaland, perhaps you are not as cognizant of the most fierce rival in all of sports. 

    Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

    Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... ? Bad Gippet!

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

    Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... ? Bad Gippet!

    Like a Frickin’' soothsayer. 

  • I’ll jump in. Not a soccer guy myself, but a buddy took me to a FC Cincinnati game a couple years ago when they were still a minor league club. 

    The atmosphere was live, and l do mean LIVE. It was incredible, and in that one evening l think l finally “got it” why so many people get amped up over soccer.

    True, there is not a lot of scoring compared to just about every other sport, but whenever that ball gets anywhere near a net, the tension builds into a fever pitch. So that’s pretty much it. The anticipation of scoring, whether a goal happens or not, is where the excitement is at. It’s almost like a warning track deep fly ball every time the ball is near the net. 

  • I’ll jump in. Not a soccer guy myself, but a buddy took me to a FC Cincinnati game a couple years ago when they were still a minor league club. 

    The atmosphere was live, and l do mean LIVE. It was incredible, and in that one evening l think l finally “got it” why so many people get amped up over soccer.

    True, there is not a lot of scoring compared to just about every other sport, but whenever that ball gets anywhere near a net, the tension builds into a fever pitch. So that’s pretty much it. The anticipation of scoring, whether a goal happens or not, is where the excitement is at. It’s almost like a warning track deep fly ball every time the ball is near the net. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

     
     
     
     
     
    ?
    4

    I’ll jump in. Not a soccer guy myself, but a buddy took me to a FC Cincinnati game a couple years ago when they were still a minor league club. 

    The atmosphere was live, and l do mean LIVE. It was incredible, and in that one evening l think l finally “got it” why so many people get amped up over soccer.

    In a way that is why I enjoy College Football over the NFL. Nothing beats college gamedays

  • Sure, this is kind of a backhanded insult at Michigan... but hopefully Meyer's positive words regarding DPJ help ease some Buckeyes on this board.

    I saw DPJ mocked much, much high many times. A ton of WRs came out this year and it caused many of them to drop until the value was too high. Same thing with KJ Hill. I saw a few calling him the best slot WR in the class and he went in the 7th. Teams knew they could get a WR later so they waited. That affected CeeDee Lamb on down. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

    Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... ? Bad Gippet!

    Like a Frickin’' soothsayer. 

    @d-bone said:

    Like a Frickin’' soothsayer. 

    HEY! I was typing that earlier... had it 80% done when I had to break for "Big Sunday Breakfast"..

    I wasn't gonna trash that work on Dutch's meanwhile say-so...

    Yeah... I saw the "New replies" message after breakfast...

    ... but "veni vici posti"...

    ... Biatch...

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK  well....back to the rivalry.      

    Ohio State will likely have two of the best WRs returning:   Olave and Wilson.    FMU will have Bell.       Ohio State will have a Heisman contending QB.   What will Michigan have? 

    And back to the thread:

    What does anyone think that Peeps will bring that will elevate him above the likes of Damon Ratley or Tywan Taylor...or   ??? Hodges?

    Ah, I see you're showing off your deep knowledge of all things football again by not even knowing about or mentioning our best WR that's returning. One that has literally been mentioned by others in this thread multiple times as being good and someone they'd be happy drafting. 

    I'll give you this though, you do a hell of a job of exuding confidence and expertise on things you know little about. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Ah, I see you're showing off your deep knowledge of all things football again by not even knowing about or mentioning our best WR that's returning. One that has literally been mentioned by others in this thread multiple times as being good and someone they'd be happy drafting. 

    Who is "OUR"?   The Browns is OUR.     If OUR is your Michifailures...no, I don't keep up with them....because they are YOURs, not OURs...(besides...I DID mention Bell).  

    But if you expect me to know every little loser on the Michigan roster....gee, you got me there.  I don't know every sorry sack of shit little fucking loser on the Michigan roster.  I do know a few fucking little loser Michigan fans.   Hello Woody. 

    I'll give you this though, you do a hell of a job of exuding confidence and expertise on things you know little about. 

    Well....since I know more about everything than you  (OK..you are probably better at math).....I exude confidence because I know more, and maybe I exude confidence when I don't know everything because I am a confident guy....not  a little loser. 

  • Sure, this is kind of a backhanded insult at Michigan... but hopefully Meyer's positive words regarding DPJ help ease some Buckeyes on this board.

    I saw DPJ mocked much, much high many times. A ton of WRs came out this year and it caused many of them to drop until the value was too high. Same thing with KJ Hill. I saw a few calling him the best slot WR in the class and he went in the 7th. Teams knew they could get a WR later so they waited. That affected CeeDee Lamb on down. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Sure, this is kind of a backhanded insult at Michigan... but hopefully Meyer's positive words regarding DPJ help ease some Buckeyes on this board.

    I saw DPJ mocked much, much high many times. A ton of WRs came out this year and it caused many of them to drop until the value was too high. Same thing with KJ Hill. I saw a few calling him the best slot WR in the class and he went in the 7th. Teams knew they could get a WR later so they waited. That affected CeeDee Lamb on down. 

    Compliments from Urban are not to be taken lightly. This kid may be solid....We'll see.

    Mike

  • @d-bone said:

    Like a Frickin’' soothsayer. 

    HEY! I was typing that earlier... had it 80% done when I had to break for "Big Sunday Breakfast"..

    I wasn't gonna trash that work on Dutch's meanwhile say-so...

    Yeah... I saw the "New replies" message after breakfast...

    ... but "veni vici posti"...

    ... Biatch...

    @tour2ma said:

    HEY! I was typing that earlier... had it 80% done when I had to break for "Big Sunday Breakfast"..

    I wasn't gonna trash that work on Dutch's meanwhile say-so...

    Yeah... I saw the "New replies" message after breakfast...

    ... but "veni vici posti"...

    ... Biatch...

    Great minds as they say

    or is it.... Great minds as they say?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

    Ditto... if I was across the pond. As for TV-watching... World Cups involving USA whenever on, but historically US women's teams more than men's because of their superior precision. Until recently USA men just looked like a collection of individuals.

    Quick Story... business trip to Grangemouth, Scotland to visit my company's manufacturing facility there. My hosts booked me into a Best Western in a converted castle... neat place even if they did not reserve one of the higher-priced rooms physically in the castle. Anyway the 1st evening I was there was a Scotland vs. England match in a Cup qualifier IIRC.

    The Hotel's bar was packed with fans... many in kilts... most of whom were members/attendees of a wedding party there for the reception. Even the bride was there. An attractive "lass" in a beautiful white dress. You think the Browns have rivalries??? The cheering was vicious. They did the garter thing at half-time.

    Scotland hung tough for a good part of the game, but alas the joy of the wedding party was ultimately dashed, but it was a cool way to spend an evening.

    @tour2ma said:

    Ditto... if I was across the pond. As for TV-watching... World Cups involving USA whenever on, but historically US women's teams more than men's because of their superior precision. Until recently USA men just looked like a collection of individuals.

    Quick Story... business trip to Grangemouth, Scotland to visit my company's manufacturing facility there. My hosts booked me into a Best Western in a converted castle... neat place even if they did not reserve one of the higher-priced rooms physically in the castle. Anyway the 1st evening I was there was a Scotland vs. England match in a Cup qualifier IIRC.

    The Hotel's bar was packed with fans... many in kilts... most of whom were members/attendees of a wedding party there for the reception. Even the bride was there. An attractive "lass" in a beautiful white dress. You think the Browns have rivalries??? The cheering was vicious. They did the garter thing at half-time.

    Scotland hung tough for a good part of the game, but alas the joy of the wedding party was ultimately dashed, but it was a cool way to spend an evening.

    I have been across the pond, and I had watched  soccer with some cousins of mine.  When  was in Ireland I watched hurley.   But, for the time I was there...just a bit over a week...it seemed that they were big into snooker.