Skip to content

Harrison Bryant

The Browns Board
45 15 1.4k
  • Not feeling this pick at all...

    @tour2ma said:

    Not feeling this pick at all...

    I think you may come around? Yeah, Maybe a half round to high when taken? but a round later than most had projected..This kid won the Mackey Award in 19 in a tiny school of FAU.. under the only coach that could possibly put FAU on the college football map..Lane Kiffin..they hung 40 points on almost everyone since 2017..Kiffin got the best of this kid & I'd say Stef has more than those kind of coaching tools on staff. Even Butch Davis has put a small Florida team on the map.. Getting to the pro's, with these kind of former pro coaches backgrounds could make it easier on guys like HB.. Watch this kids tape walking in raw as hell into Kiffin's system...than watch when the kid got schooled to blow up in 2019.. Berry's team had to of saw the upside growing up in this pick 

  • Looks like he will mesh well with Baker.  
     

    I see good routes And great hands but I also see a lot of play breakdown and QB scrambling and he gets to spots or redirects his route and makes tough catches.  This was actually my one criticism of OBJ last year.  He appeared to quit on plays and I don’t see that with this kid.

  • I'll stipulate the "blue-collar", want-to is there, but in this TE class a 4th-round selection with an award doesn't carry much weight.

    His highlight package is a bunch of scheme-induced, busted coverages against 2nd-tier FBS schools.

    His Combine 40-time is fine... 'bout the same as Hoop's albeit at 12# lighter... but his 3-cone isn't and his arm-length is in gator territory. So I see a guy who can't separate, can't high-point and can't ever block, even if he gets stronger.

    Add it up and I just don't see it... but I'm going to look at game tape and will hope I'm wrong. Til then... and likely into the season... color me "skeptical".

    image.png.c8769a0b6ac8fdf35d41c293a35a8629.pngimage.png.217ae9d624371e347b1d728c81d2723b.png

    While I know Combine ain't everything... especially after 2 seasons of disappointment... Lordy, Lordy how Njoku does stand out.

    image.png.968f1f195f08fdacfc0e083404957746.png

    Large enough for you, Orion? 😉

  • Bryant is an inch taller than Njoku but has arms five inches shorter? 

    Talk about a guy built for the bench press. 

  • Bryant is an inch taller than Njoku but has arms five inches shorter? 

    Talk about a guy built for the bench press. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Bryant is an inch taller than Njoku but has arms five inches shorter? 

    Talk about a guy built for the bench press. 

    Maybe he can bulk up and become an OG if the TE thing does not work. 

  • I'll stipulate the "blue-collar", want-to is there, but in this TE class a 4th-round selection with an award doesn't carry much weight.

    His highlight package is a bunch of scheme-induced, busted coverages against 2nd-tier FBS schools.

    His Combine 40-time is fine... 'bout the same as Hoop's albeit at 12# lighter... but his 3-cone isn't and his arm-length is in gator territory. So I see a guy who can't separate, can't high-point and can't ever block, even if he gets stronger.

    Add it up and I just don't see it... but I'm going to look at game tape and will hope I'm wrong. Til then... and likely into the season... color me "skeptical".

    image.png.c8769a0b6ac8fdf35d41c293a35a8629.pngimage.png.217ae9d624371e347b1d728c81d2723b.png

    While I know Combine ain't everything... especially after 2 seasons of disappointment... Lordy, Lordy how Njoku does stand out.

    image.png.968f1f195f08fdacfc0e083404957746.png

    Large enough for you, Orion? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    His highlight package is a bunch of scheme-induced, busted coverages

    Not for nothin', but that's true of so many receiver highlight reels.  I see clips of receivers slowing down and waiting for the pass as if it was a punt...and catch it with nobody around them.  That's not gonna happen in the pros.  I think Donovan P-J is gonna find life in the pros quite difficult.

  • I noted this in the main thread, but I work at FAU and advised Harrison albeit briefly. Firstly, super nice young man. Always on time and humble. Trust me, that’s not what a lot of college kids are today.

    more importantly, I went to about 4 ish games (tailgated essentially a whole game so I suppose that doesn’t count). You guys do a way better job than I do about the prospect stuff, so I won’t disagree.

    BUT, here’s what I saw watching the dude play. Firstly, he was THE dude defenses schemed for. Our running game took a big hit with both motor singletary and his backup both going to the NFL last year. He was constantly shadowed by CB 1 and doubled. Secondly, QB play was well below par. There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 
     

    other thing is that it was just obvious he was the best player on the field. That’s hard to explain but it’s just true. For a 4th round pick, I dig it.

  • There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 

    funny funny funny

  • I'll stipulate the "blue-collar", want-to is there, but in this TE class a 4th-round selection with an award doesn't carry much weight.

    His highlight package is a bunch of scheme-induced, busted coverages against 2nd-tier FBS schools.

    His Combine 40-time is fine... 'bout the same as Hoop's albeit at 12# lighter... but his 3-cone isn't and his arm-length is in gator territory. So I see a guy who can't separate, can't high-point and can't ever block, even if he gets stronger.

    Add it up and I just don't see it... but I'm going to look at game tape and will hope I'm wrong. Til then... and likely into the season... color me "skeptical".

    image.png.c8769a0b6ac8fdf35d41c293a35a8629.pngimage.png.217ae9d624371e347b1d728c81d2723b.png

    While I know Combine ain't everything... especially after 2 seasons of disappointment... Lordy, Lordy how Njoku does stand out.

    image.png.968f1f195f08fdacfc0e083404957746.png

    Large enough for you, Orion? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Add it up and I just don't see it... but I'm going to look at game tape and will hope I'm wrong. Til then... and likely into the season... color me "skeptical".

    I had trouble finding a full game cut up, which is what l set out to find in my 5 minutes or so of furious internet research. I think them’s the breaks on the smaller school prospects though. I didn’t have much luck finding film on Drew Forbes last year either. 

  • I noted this in the main thread, but I work at FAU and advised Harrison albeit briefly. Firstly, super nice young man. Always on time and humble. Trust me, that’s not what a lot of college kids are today.

    more importantly, I went to about 4 ish games (tailgated essentially a whole game so I suppose that doesn’t count). You guys do a way better job than I do about the prospect stuff, so I won’t disagree.

    BUT, here’s what I saw watching the dude play. Firstly, he was THE dude defenses schemed for. Our running game took a big hit with both motor singletary and his backup both going to the NFL last year. He was constantly shadowed by CB 1 and doubled. Secondly, QB play was well below par. There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 
     

    other thing is that it was just obvious he was the best player on the field. That’s hard to explain but it’s just true. For a 4th round pick, I dig it.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I noted this in the main thread, but I work at FAU and advised Harrison albeit briefly. Firstly, super nice young man. Always on time and humble. Trust me, that’s not what a lot of college kids are today.

    more importantly, I went to about 4 ish games (tailgated essentially a whole game so I suppose that doesn’t count). You guys do a way better job than I do about the prospect stuff, so I won’t disagree.

    BUT, here’s what I saw watching the dude play. Firstly, he was THE dude defenses schemed for. Our running game took a big hit with both motor singletary and his backup both going to the NFL last year. He was constantly shadowed by CB 1 and doubled. Secondly, QB play was well below par. There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 
     

    other thing is that it was just obvious he was the best player on the field. That’s hard to explain but it’s just true. For a 4th round pick, I dig it.

    I knew I'd run out of ? & thanks... but this gets a gold star ? thanks for your inside honest opinions

  • I noted this in the main thread, but I work at FAU and advised Harrison albeit briefly. Firstly, super nice young man. Always on time and humble. Trust me, that’s not what a lot of college kids are today.

    more importantly, I went to about 4 ish games (tailgated essentially a whole game so I suppose that doesn’t count). You guys do a way better job than I do about the prospect stuff, so I won’t disagree.

    BUT, here’s what I saw watching the dude play. Firstly, he was THE dude defenses schemed for. Our running game took a big hit with both motor singletary and his backup both going to the NFL last year. He was constantly shadowed by CB 1 and doubled. Secondly, QB play was well below par. There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 
     

    other thing is that it was just obvious he was the best player on the field. That’s hard to explain but it’s just true. For a 4th round pick, I dig it.

    @jrb12711 said:

    BUT, here’s what I saw watching the dude play. Firstly, he was THE dude defenses schemed for. Our running game took a big hit with both motor singletary and his backup both going to the NFL last year. He was constantly shadowed by CB 1 and doubled. Secondly, QB play was well below par. There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 
    other thing is that it was just obvious he was the best player on the field. That’s hard to explain but it’s just true. For a 4th round pick, I dig it.

    Good stuff... here's hoping I tell you that you had it right.

    And I had a thank you left for you... that i gave before I read gumby the spendthrift's post... 😉

  • I noted this in the main thread, but I work at FAU and advised Harrison albeit briefly. Firstly, super nice young man. Always on time and humble. Trust me, that’s not what a lot of college kids are today.

    more importantly, I went to about 4 ish games (tailgated essentially a whole game so I suppose that doesn’t count). You guys do a way better job than I do about the prospect stuff, so I won’t disagree.

    BUT, here’s what I saw watching the dude play. Firstly, he was THE dude defenses schemed for. Our running game took a big hit with both motor singletary and his backup both going to the NFL last year. He was constantly shadowed by CB 1 and doubled. Secondly, QB play was well below par. There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 
     

    other thing is that it was just obvious he was the best player on the field. That’s hard to explain but it’s just true. For a 4th round pick, I dig it.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I noted this in the main thread, but I work at FAU and advised Harrison albeit briefly. Firstly, super nice young man. Always on time and humble. Trust me, that’s not what a lot of college kids are today.

    more importantly, I went to about 4 ish games (tailgated essentially a whole game so I suppose that doesn’t count). You guys do a way better job than I do about the prospect stuff, so I won’t disagree.

    BUT, here’s what I saw watching the dude play. Firstly, he was THE dude defenses schemed for. Our running game took a big hit with both motor singletary and his backup both going to the NFL last year. He was constantly shadowed by CB 1 and doubled. Secondly, QB play was well below par. There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 
     

    other thing is that it was just obvious he was the best player on the field. That’s hard to explain but it’s just true. For a 4th round pick, I dig it.

    Great post and if we are going to make excuses for DPJ (poor QB) let’s apply it here too. 
     

    I see a nice 3rd down security blanket move the chain WR here. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I noted this in the main thread, but I work at FAU and advised Harrison albeit briefly. Firstly, super nice young man. Always on time and humble. Trust me, that’s not what a lot of college kids are today.

    more importantly, I went to about 4 ish games (tailgated essentially a whole game so I suppose that doesn’t count). You guys do a way better job than I do about the prospect stuff, so I won’t disagree.

    BUT, here’s what I saw watching the dude play. Firstly, he was THE dude defenses schemed for. Our running game took a big hit with both motor singletary and his backup both going to the NFL last year. He was constantly shadowed by CB 1 and doubled. Secondly, QB play was well below par. There were so many wounded ducks we coulda started a sanctuary. 
     

    other thing is that it was just obvious he was the best player on the field. That’s hard to explain but it’s just true. For a 4th round pick, I dig it.

    Great post and if we are going to make excuses for DPJ (poor QB) let’s apply it here too. 
     

    I see a nice 3rd down security blanket move the chain WR here. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Great post and if we are going to make excuses for DPJ (poor QB)

    As if making objective observations is the same as making excuses...

    Puh'leeze...

    Disagree if you like, but stop short of being disagreeable...

    ... or I shall dub thee... Gipper, Jr.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Great post and if we are going to make excuses for DPJ (poor QB)

    As if making objective observations is the same as making excuses...

    Puh'leeze...

    Disagree if you like, but stop short of being disagreeable...

    ... or I shall dub thee... Gipper, Jr.

    @tour2ma said:

    As if making objective observations is the same as making excuses...

    Puh'leeze...

    Disagree if you like, but stop short of being disagreeable...

    ... or I shall dub thee... Gipper, Jr.

    Better than being Tour the King of Poltroonia II.   No one is more disagreeable than Tour..... he just tries to be so obfuscatious  about it. So passive-aggressive. So....dishonestly craven. 

    At least with me you know where you stand. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Great post and if we are going to make excuses for DPJ (poor QB)

    As if making objective observations is the same as making excuses...

    Puh'leeze...

    Disagree if you like, but stop short of being disagreeable...

    ... or I shall dub thee... Gipper, Jr.

    @tour2ma said:

    As if making objective observations is the same as making excuses...

    Puh'leeze...

    Disagree if you like, but stop short of being disagreeable...

    ... or I shall dub thee... Gipper, Jr.

    Maybe you should listen to people with JDs or at least follow the logic better 😉 

  • @tour2ma said:

    As if making objective observations is the same as making excuses...

    Puh'leeze...

    Disagree if you like, but stop short of being disagreeable...

    ... or I shall dub thee... Gipper, Jr.

    Maybe you should listen to people with JDs or at least follow the logic better 😉 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Maybe you should listen to people with JDs or at least follow the logic better 😉 

    lol...

    Wait... What?

    Not you, too... ?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Maybe you should listen to people with JDs or at least follow the logic better 😉 

    lol...

    Wait... What?

    Not you, too... ?

    @tour2ma said:

    lol...

    Wait... What?

    Not you, too... ?

    I can neither confirm nor deny.  
    Anyway, I’m Admittedly too biased in the DPJ discussion. I’m recusing myself 

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol...

    Wait... What?

    Not you, too... ?

    I can neither confirm nor deny.  
    Anyway, I’m Admittedly too biased in the DPJ discussion. I’m recusing myself 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I can neither confirm nor deny.  
    Anyway, I’m Admittedly too biased in the DPJ discussion. I’m recusing myself 

    lol... OK... no, G Jr.

    I mean I don't want to be sued...

    And bias is fine... at least as long as it is recognized. None here for FAU...UM? Against if anything, but he's a Brown now...

    Hell... I'd have even taken TB12... 🙂

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I can neither confirm nor deny.  
    Anyway, I’m Admittedly too biased in the DPJ discussion. I’m recusing myself 

    lol... OK... no, G Jr.

    I mean I don't want to be sued...

    And bias is fine... at least as long as it is recognized. None here for FAU...UM? Against if anything, but he's a Brown now...

    Hell... I'd have even taken TB12... 🙂

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... OK... no, G Jr.

    I mean I don't want to be sued...

    And bias is fine... at least as long as it is recognized. None here for FAU...UM? Against if anything, but he's a Brown now...

    Hell... I'd have even taken TB12... 🙂

    What do you mean-  I was going to wear the title Gip Jr. like a badge of honor.  
     

    im new here I’m just tying to fit in 

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... OK... no, G Jr.

    I mean I don't want to be sued...

    And bias is fine... at least as long as it is recognized. None here for FAU...UM? Against if anything, but he's a Brown now...

    Hell... I'd have even taken TB12... 🙂

    What do you mean-  I was going to wear the title Gip Jr. like a badge of honor.  
     

    im new here I’m just tying to fit in 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    im new here I’m just tying to fit in 

    Well ty harder.?