Skip to content

season late start.

The Browns Board
58 18 1.3k
  • @ballpeen said:

    I hope they cancel the season.  I don't see it being safe to huddle up 60,000 people.  So much for social distancing.

    It definitely seems wild to me-I know you won't find me at a stadium. I thought okay, maybe you limit seating but how the hell would you do that? Disney is talking about only letting in 50% capacity. Just seems like it's a "no crowds" situation this season if they do play.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @jrb12711 said:

    Disney is talking about only letting in 50% capacity.

    50% is way too high...

    A stadium... start with every other row then go every third seat and whala... 1/6th the seating capacity get your seated distancing. Then:

    • Make all concessions deleivery to seat to avoid concession stand lines.
    • Make bathroom use by appointment only... 🙂
  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #32

    no fans will probably happen.  per fauci 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    It definitely seems wild to me-I know you won't find me at a stadium. I thought okay, maybe you limit seating but how the hell would you do that? Disney is talking about only letting in 50% capacity. Just seems like it's a "no crowds" situation this season if they do play.

    The problem that all the sport leagues are having is the perception (reality?)  of privilege.     In order to play, even without fans,  they will all need to be tested for the virus on a continuous basis.  This in a nation where now only like 1%  have been able to get a test due to dilatory administrative action.   While I personally would not really object to the athletes receiving this "Privilege"  it still is not a good look when you have over  60,000 people dying from this in less than 2 months.   We all need to have more, better testing.  But should  hundreds of thousands be deprived of any tests, where a thousand or so  are "privileged"  to be tested continuously if they should begin play. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    The problem that all the sport leagues are having is the perception (reality?)  of privilege.     In order to play, even without fans,  they will all need to be tested for the virus on a continuous basis.  This in a nation where now only like 1%  have been able to get a test due to dilatory administrative action.   While I personally would not really object to the athletes receiving this "Privilege"  it still is not a good look when you have over  60,000 people dying from this in less than 2 months.   We all need to have more, better testing.  But should  hundreds of thousands be deprived of any tests, where a thousand or so  are "privileged"  to be tested continuously if they should begin play. 

    Yeah, this is certainly something I've thought about. I suppose football is easiest based on amount of times they play, but still not easy. In all seriousness though, assuming in the next 3 months we can mass produce tests, I'm okay with that being a thing athletes get. We need something to bring us all together, and we sports can be that thing.

    @tour2ma said:

    50% is way too high...

    A stadium... start with every other row then go every third seat and whala... 1/6th the seating capacity get your seated distancing. Then:

    • Make all concessions deleivery to seat to avoid concession stand lines.
    • Make bathroom use by appointment only... 🙂

    Yeah, for sure but who gets priority? The only thing that makes sense to me is like boxes are still available for the rich and then a random lottery every week. Season ticket holders get a guaranteed ticket or refund, which I'm guessing most would take. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Yeah, this is certainly something I've thought about. I suppose football is easiest based on amount of times they play, but still not easy. In all seriousness though, assuming in the next 3 months we can mass produce tests, I'm okay with that being a thing athletes get. We need something to bring us all together, and we sports can be that thing.

    Well, as distrustful as I am of them,  Pence, more frequently than his direct superior will sometimes tell you something factual.   And he said that part of the big issue is not so much getting the tests done......but in getting the tests processed.  You can have a test kit, and do the swab...or whatever it is that they do to take the test;  but then that has to be analyzed.  And anyone who has had any test taken in a doctor's office which was then sent to a lab for processing can tell you how often it is that receiving those test results can be delayed.   The same here.  With these sports franchises it is almost like they have to have their own personal, private testers, and lab analyzers to get the results in an expedited manner to allow play to proceed...and continue.  Ergo, the  "privilege" perception.  Again, I don't mind if that were to happen....if they had their own private lab to do those things at their own costs.   But again, the perception would be one of how the "elitists" in this society would be entitled to those excessive privileges.   I could smack of the old "let them eat cake"  mentality.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #35

    I'm just glad Taysom Hill will be a TE/Flex in ESPN leagues! Now he can be irrelevant at a new position.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Fuck it. Cancel all sports forever. 

  • Fuck it. Cancel all sports forever. 

    LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @d-bone said:

    Fuck it. Cancel all sports forever. 

    none of sane be people be want that.  all the hired a help (elected officials) say believe the facts and numbers.  And sure shit they be don't add up.  we should elect analytics people next time.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #38
  • my cousin was down for about three weeks and spent a a couple of days in the hospital with the systems of covid in February.   they never tested for it.  she went a couple of weeks ago to check if she had any antibodies and p possibly giving plasma.  they checked here and told her she never had covid.  just a bad flu.

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by WarriorsRpussies
    #39

    @lbc-mike said:

    my cousin was down for about three weeks and spent a a couple of days in the hospital with the systems of covid in February.   they never tested for it.  she went a couple of weeks ago to check if she had any antibodies and p possibly giving plasma.  they checked here and told her she never had covid.  just a bad flu.

    This administration is a absolute dumpster fire with that said serology testing should be available soon  (private section ftw! lol!) I honestly think I got it in very late FEB after drinking in many dive bars for my b-day. Had the worst cough of my fucken life and thought it was caused  by allergys . This cough was so bad I slept in my basement because it has a very old recliner, I could not physically lay down without coughing a fit and was having pain in my chest unless I was stationary. It felt like I had a bowling ball on my chest. So here I'm lying on this old piece of shit for over two weeks  in my moldy basement. Fucked up thing I think I gave it to my brother on March 9th watching Onward with the kids in Kent (thank god they are safe). He had what he thought was a terrible "FLU" but everything was shut down on by the 12.   PS it took like 5 weeks to get over my cough.

  • One of the more hilarious ones I've seen. Woke the wife up laughing a couple nites ago...

    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-sports-commentator-andrew-cotter-21843657

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @tour2ma said:

    One of the more hilarious ones I've seen. Woke the wife up laughing a couple nites ago...

    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-sports-commentator-andrew-cotter-21843657

    I already posted that one on the season late start thread.. You musta missed it.?

  • @lbc-mike said:

    my cousin was down for about three weeks and spent a a couple of days in the hospital with the systems of covid in February.   they never tested for it.  she went a couple of weeks ago to check if she had any antibodies and p possibly giving plasma.  they checked here and told her she never had covid.  just a bad flu.

    This administration is a absolute dumpster fire with that said serology testing should be available soon  (private section ftw! lol!) I honestly think I got it in very late FEB after drinking in many dive bars for my b-day. Had the worst cough of my fucken life and thought it was caused  by allergys . This cough was so bad I slept in my basement because it has a very old recliner, I could not physically lay down without coughing a fit and was having pain in my chest unless I was stationary. It felt like I had a bowling ball on my chest. So here I'm lying on this old piece of shit for over two weeks  in my moldy basement. Fucked up thing I think I gave it to my brother on March 9th watching Onward with the kids in Kent (thank god they are safe). He had what he thought was a terrible "FLU" but everything was shut down on by the 12.   PS it took like 5 weeks to get over my cough.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    This administration is a absolute dumpster fire with that said serology testing should be available soon  (private section ftw! lol!) I honestly think I got it in very late FEB after drinking in many dive bars for my b-day. Had the worst cough of my fucken life and thought it was caused  by allergys . This cough was so bad I slept in my basement because it has a very old recliner, I could not physically lay down without coughing a fit and was having pain in my chest unless I was stationary. It felt like I had a bowling ball on my chest. So here I'm lying on this old piece of shit for over two weeks  in my moldy basement. Fucked up thing I think I gave it to my brother on March 9th watching Onward with the kids in Kent (thank god they are safe). He had what he thought was a terrible "FLU" but everything was shut down on by the 12.   PS it took like 5 weeks to get over my cough.

    Did you not elect to go to a doctor?   As I understand it, with this virus you do not have any  mucus/phlegm discharge with it.  So it could very well be that you had it.    And were lucky to recover.   Good for you.     Now, go donate some plasma  to help others. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    One of the more hilarious ones I've seen. Woke the wife up laughing a couple nites ago...

    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-sports-commentator-andrew-cotter-21843657

    I already posted that one on the season late start thread.. You musta missed it.?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @texasag1969 said:

    I already posted that one on the season late start thread.. You musta missed it.?

    You might want to check the posting dates and get back to me...

    I'll see your 🙂 and raise you 🙂  🙂

    I believe string bets are allowed here...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #43

    The only test less reliable than the virus test may be the antibody test... at least some of them. The best are unproven while the worst are outright scams.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I missed this when you first posted it. That is some bona fide LOL material. 

  • The only test less reliable than the virus test may be the antibody test... at least some of them. The best are unproven while the worst are outright scams.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @tour2ma said:

    The only test less reliable than the virus test may be the antibody test... at least some of them. The best are unproven while the worst are outright scams.

    So?  What is your solution?   I will assume that it is not drinking Lysol. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I already posted that one on the season late start thread.. You musta missed it.?

    You might want to check the posting dates and get back to me...

    I'll see your 🙂 and raise you 🙂  🙂

    I believe string bets are allowed here...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @tour2ma said:

    You might want to check the posting dates and get back to me...

    I'll see your 🙂 and raise you 🙂  🙂

    I believe string bets are allowed here...

    I see said the blind man.??

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Our merge-master has gone berserk...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #48

    ESPN E:60 Alex Smith- Project 11....check this out, when ya get some time.. amazing road & good Luck Alex Smith & family

  • @tour2ma said:

    The only test less reliable than the virus test may be the antibody test... at least some of them. The best are unproven while the worst are outright scams.

    So?  What is your solution?   I will assume that it is not drinking Lysol. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @the-gipper said:

    So?  What is your solution?   I will assume that it is not drinking Lysol. 

    Screenshot_2020-05-01_112411.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Screenshot_2020-05-02_131034.jpg