Skip to content

Jamal Lewis

The Browns Board
45 8 3.0k
  • \ said:

    No one notices because you'll turn around and support DA or get on people for jumping all over DA.

    And that is still a bit more than you can claim, huh Brady fag?

  • I've always hated him tippy toeing at the line of scrimmage...he did some last year but this year is ridiculous

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    No one notices because you'll turn around and support DA or get on people for jumping all over DA.

    And that is still a bit more than you can claim, huh Brady fag?

    Channeling your in Lum huh? I have said since the Cincy game I'd be just as happy to see Dorsey replace DA with the way he was playing. Heck, I have stuck to my guns on DA since people were calling for him to replace Frye in 06' when he came in during the KC game.

    Good to see that all you have to fall back on is weak ass name calling icon_lol.gif

  • \ said:

    I have said since the Cincy game I'd be just as happy to see Dorsey replace DA with the way he was playing.

    Yeaahhh Rrrriight, don't try to hide your Brady queerness Mr. Bater.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    \ said:

    So you agree that it was the correct move to repalce DA with Quinn then?

    Yeah, we need (needed) a spark. Although in baseball (Hi Masters!) we try to keep all of our throwers in high confidence, never allowing good arms to go stale or great arms to lose it upstairs ... so I can't say I agree with the timing (missing opportunities then forcing it on a short week).

    But I would have also done a lot of things by now. I'd have seen how much workload Jason Wright or Harrison can handle. If Harrison still ain't picking up blocks, he'd be picking up garbage for thye city of Parma.

    I'd have used Shaun Rogers as a FB in short yardage situations.

    I'd have bit the bullet on Braylon and sat him if not for a series or two, a complete game. I'd have given his job to someone hungrier (like Sanders) ... as DA bashers say, "What could it hurt?"

    I would have asked Sean Jones to take more time recovering (inserting Mike Adams back in) and told Stallworth to speed his recovery up.

    Yes, Heiden over Winslow ... what would that do? Well, we've won with that switch ...

    There's a lot more to fixing this team.

    Well I agree I wish this change would have been made much sooner. But that's the allure of a guy like DA, he does just enough to let you give him another chance. AS for forcing it on a short week. These guys are supposed to be pros aren't they? I say Quinn gets no excuses from me about the short week if he stinks this week. I'll still give him 5-8 games to prove he has it or not. But the short week is NO EXCUSE.

    That suprises me on Harrison. I am sure you were bashing him in other threads saying when he gets mroe than a few touches his yards go down. If you believe that, then why give him more touches? And I disagree with your feeling that Jamal is so much worse than last year.

    The Rogers thing is a gimick. That would not do anything IMO.

    Really? Sit Edwards for Sanders? While I dislike Edwards' drops, that would have been a guaranteed loss that week.

    Don't get me started on Stallworth...this quote nearly made me choke on my coffee this morning.

    Receiver Donte Stallworth was limited and said he's hopeful he can play after missing the Ravens game. "The short week doesn't help, but I'm hoping I can go out and get something done," he said. ...

    WTF does the short week make a difference? You missed the whole last week you fing tool!!!!! as well as most of this year. I am done with Stalworth, and this is Savages biggest mistake IMO.....

    I agree this teams needs more fixes, including playcalling which I attribute to RAC holding Chud back, but that's just my anti RAC bias coming through. But this change is one that was needed.

    The funny thing about the short week is that everyone has a short week. DA included if he was to start.

    And again, for those that say they would have pulled DA in the Cincy game (or any game for Quinn), that goes right back to what Terry Pluto said. How can you say you'd be okay with pulling a guy in the middle of a game (which theoretically would be no prep time, so to speak), but then say it is bad to give him the start on a short week.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    I have said since the Cincy game I'd be just as happy to see Dorsey replace DA with the way he was playing.

    Yeaahhh Rrrriight, don't try to hide your Brady queerness Mr. Bater.

    icon_rolleyes.gif And you are an adult.... icon_rolleyes.gif Must be a great roll model for those kids you coach.

    Oh and way to leave the other stuff out. Since all of it can be found here or on Browns revolution board.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    \ said:

    No one notices because you'll turn around and support DA or get on people for jumping all over DA.

    And that is still a bit more than you can claim, huh Brady fag?

    Another place you lose me stan...

    While there are some Brady fags on this site, Masters isn't one of them. Why the need for name calling? Why not a rational discussion like you had with me?

    Believe me Master's is either a Brady Fag or he has Atenears envy.

  • \ said:

    icon_rolleyes.gif And you are an adult.... icon_rolleyes.gif Must be a great roll model for those kids you coach.

    Oh and way to leave the other stuff out. Since all of it can be found here or on Browns revolution board.

    Hey JADBF, how many times have you taken a shot at my personal life? If not at least once each day this week, then you might not understand my single shot at Master bater here.

  • \ said:

    Oh and way to leave the other stuff out. Since all of it can be found here or on Browns revolution board.

    Ok, so you carried something over with you from the Browns Revolution and so you dropped your little gay "Stick to Baseball, Stan" comments about a half-dozen times and I didn't bite ... so you follow me into a few more threads .....

    Do you need some attention? Was sticking to the football topics not enough to get in digs?

    I tossed the stick and called you a Brady fag .... what's next, a pat on the head and scratch behind the ear?

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    icon_rolleyes.gif And you are an adult.... icon_rolleyes.gif Must be a great roll model for those kids you coach.

    Oh and way to leave the other stuff out. Since all of it can be found here or on Browns revolution board.

    Hey JADBF, how many times have you taken a shot at my personal life? If not at least once each day this week, then you might not understand my single shot at Master bater here.

    And calling me a fag isn't taking a shot at my personal life icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

  • Hey some of these new heavy posting names are throwing me off. I need a scorecard.

    Who is Masters? Who is Bunker? Who is Pumpkin Eater?

    DWJ

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Oh and way to leave the other stuff out. Since all of it can be found here or on Browns revolution board.

    Ok, so you carried something over with you from the Browns Revolution and so you dropped your little gay "Stick to Baseball, Stan" comments about a half-dozen times and I didn't bite ... so you follow me into a few more threads .....

    Do you need some attention? Was sticking to the football topics not enough to get in digs?

    I tossed the stick and called you a Brady fag .... what's next, a pat on the head and scratch behind the ear?

    Lol....I followed you...whose post is third in this thread and whose if fourth..

    Oh and pot, if you are gonna call the kettle black for following people, wasn't it you who followed Rich and Ghoolie to the ABJ and Navs board after you booted them from here (not to mention Inspecta when your panties got in a bunch and you booted him)? icon_lol.gif

  • \ said:

    Hey some of these new heavy posting names are throwing me off. I need a scorecard.

    Who is Masters? Who is Bunker?

    DWJ

    I was MIKMAS on the old version. I just went with my last name on the new setup.

  • \ said:

    I was MIKMAS on the old version. I just went with my last name on the new setup.

    OK, gotcha! Howdy Mik.

    DWJ

  • \ said:

    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

    If you get a scorecard, share it, okay?

    That's a promise hiwaygal. Glad to see you made it over from the old board.

    Doug

  • \ said:

    I've been JADBF (just another dumb Browns fan) Since I joined here.

    On the old ABJ site and then Nav's Browns Revolution I was Golfer704u (hence Riffer keeps calling me Golf icon_e_biggrin.gif)

    You should have went back to Golf on this new board dude LOL.

    It's like calling an old buddy by his real name instead of his nickname after you haven't seen him in years. Just doesn't feel right.

  • Wow...this one got away from itself...

    Anyway, to address ATE about why I am giving JL credit for facing top defenses....it is because DESPITE facing top defenses he is still in the top 10 in the AFC and top 14 in the NFL...now please remind me where DA is???

  • \ said:

    Wow...this one got away from itself...

    Anyway, to address ATE about why I am giving JL credit for facing top defenses....it is because DESPITE facing top defenses he is still in the top 10 in the AFC and top 14 in the NFL...now please remind me where DA is???

    Sorry for this one getting away from itself. I take my blame for that.

    But you are right and your point wasn't missed. While burried in the above, that was my response as well. Lewis isn't playing that bad. Hell, he is doing better than half the RBs in the league. You can't say that about DA. Yet both faced those same D's.

  • \ said:

    Lol....I followed you...whose post is third in this thread and whose if fourth..

    Oh and pot, if you are gonna call the kettle black for following people, wasn't it you who followed Rich and Ghoolie to the ABJ and Navs board after you booted them from here (not to mention Inspecta when your panties got in a bunch and you booted him)? icon_lol.gif

    I love when people enter in year #6 of an 11-year story and then act like they are telling you how it is.

    It would be kind of like a new member here trying to inform you of reasons for the demise of the ABJ.

    You should have introduced yourself before taking the baseball shots. I don't have time to look up registrations and keep track of such and I certainly gave you enough opportunities to shed some light where you were coming from.

    then you drop the Revolution ... and then ABJ on me?

    That was dumb. No hard feelings, but dumb if you can see it from my perspective.

    Welcome aboard mike. (you tip-toed up on me like Jamal hitting a hole)

  • \ said:

    A lot of blame has been directed at JL over the past weeks....but even with his comparative lack of production to date...he really isn't doing nearly as bad as many think!!!

    533 yds in 8 games...on pace to get 1066

    He has faced the #1 rush defense 2x, as well as the #3, #5, and #7 rush defenses. That is 5 out of 8 games against top 10 rush defenses. (he will face the #3, #8 and #10 in the second half)

    He is currently ranked 7th in the AFC in total yards

    He is currently ranked 14th in the NFL in total yards

    Is this a stellar season for him? No, but when you face 5 top 10 defenses against the rush and are still ranked in the top half of the league in total yards...you must be doing something right.

    I guess I'm not the only one who thinks these rankings are not comparitive to his performace (or lack of) to this offense.

    He hasn't pounded it in from the one as good as we'd like, he isn't moving the chains, and he's had his failures at controlling the clock when ahead late. We've also haven't relied on him enough too (which is the play calling angle) ... but giving this position a passing grade is not accepted in my book. It needs attention, IMO, not praise or more hollow justification.