Skip to content

No 5th year for Trubisky

The Browns Board
19 14 880 1
  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #2

    No surprises here. Nice play by Chicago trading up for him...Ā 

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #3

    He's trash.Ā 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #4

    Ah yes..The PhiIly draft..I was there! ?Ā And still remember the rumblings at the breakfast diner, that the Browns may pass on Myles Garrett to take the local Ohio kid that played QB atĀ UNC.. I was going to haunt Hoorta & Gipper & Schoolie for weeks if this happenedšŸ˜‰.. I kept posting..You don't want what IĀ see?.. I let out the loudest WooF!!Ā when Myles Garrett was read off the card 😁 Check out the haul of players that teams received byĀ Bears justĀ movingĀ up fromĀ #3 Bears to #2 49ers for Bears to draft Mitch😊ell T..Ā 

    #2 Bears selectĀ QB UNC--Mitch Trubisky

    49'ers===Ā Soloman Thomas//S-Tedric Thompson//WR-Dante Pettis//S/PR-DJ Reed//LB-Reuben Foster & Fred Warner (S Tedric Thompson replaced Earl Thomas & now a Seahawk. R. Foster is now out also..but more picks for Lynch)

    Saints-- RB--Alvin Kamara (9'ers traded the 2018 3rd, drafted Fred Warner later & gained more draft ammo )

    The 9'ers received a 2017 3rd & 4th..AndĀ a 2018 3rd round pick at Philly draft.. But added deals with the picks from Saints & Redskins & Hawks that madeĀ the 9'ers andĀ John Lynch a very happy GM...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Death, taxes and the Bears are unable to find a franchise QB... the three constants of life.Ā 

    I mean, when your best QB since WWII is Jim McMahon, you gots problems.Ā 

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I think this actually surprised a lot of people. I'm not one of them.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #7

    He's bustola...He can go back to Mentor and get a job at Wal-mart..

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Garrett being the only 2017 top 5 pick being 5th year tenderedĀ 

  • Garrett being the only 2017 top 5 pick being 5th year tenderedĀ 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #9

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Garrett being the only 2017 top 5 pick being 5th year tenderedĀ 

    Just read that...

    image.png.770abbbfa1e4064807cef4f54a208f61.png

    @nickers said:

    He's bustola...He can go back to Mentor and get a job at Wal-mart..

    Pretty sure that won't be necessary...

    image.png.62daa9b9c9ba068eb2ca4cec195a7597.png

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Garrett being the only 2017 top 5 pick being 5th year tenderedĀ 

    Just read that...

    image.png.770abbbfa1e4064807cef4f54a208f61.png

    @nickers said:

    He's bustola...He can go back to Mentor and get a job at Wal-mart..

    Pretty sure that won't be necessary...

    image.png.62daa9b9c9ba068eb2ca4cec195a7597.png

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tour2ma said:

    Just read that...

    image.png.770abbbfa1e4064807cef4f54a208f61.png

    Pretty sure that won't be necessary...

    image.png.62daa9b9c9ba068eb2ca4cec195a7597.png

    Weather or not its necessary... He'll need something to do beside wipe his tears šŸ™‚

  • Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

    A gamble that could have gone either way. Helps to have talent around him.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

    A gamble that could have gone either way. Helps to have talent around him.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @topdawg31 said:

    A gamble that could have gone either way. Helps to have talent around him.

    Sure... but the list of QBs taken that high, with that little college experience, who are forced to start from the get-go is most likely a short one.

    For good reason.Ā 

  • Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

    I got the Christian Ponder/Blaine Gabbert vibe with Trubisky. Ā 
    Ā 

    But I didn’t care for Mahomes eitherĀ 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

    I got the Christian Ponder/Blaine Gabbert vibe with Trubisky. Ā 
    Ā 

    But I didn’t care for Mahomes eitherĀ 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @sdbacker80 said:

    But I didn’t care for Mahomes eitherĀ 

    I did not think much about Mahomes either until my nephew took me to see him beat the Broncos at Mile High in 2018. After that winning a Superbowl was not a real surprise. I still remember this one pass that was like a rocket going past the receiver and defender, hit the ground and continued on another 30 yards past the original 30-40 yds. Never seen an arm like that before. And even though that is thinner air, it was still damned impressive.

  • Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea.Ā 

    You mean, Kyler Murray?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Had to peek...

    Thought I'd see a sterner defense of Trubs from his #1 backer...

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    ...just to be clear, Mitch is STILL a Bear and will compete for the starting job this season (should there BE a season).Ā  IMO Nick Foles isn't exactly a QB savior.Ā  All this really means is that he'd probably be a FA next year.

  • Death, taxes and the Bears are unable to find a franchise QB... the three constants of life.Ā 

    I mean, when your best QB since WWII is Jim McMahon, you gots problems.Ā 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    Death, taxes and the Bears are unable to find a franchise QB... the three constants of life.Ā 

    I mean, when your best QB since WWII is Jim McMahon, you gots problems.Ā 

    And I'd like to disagree but I can't. They've had the worst run on QBs since.....