Quinn vs. Cassel
-
Got tired of all the DA vs Quinn threads so I wanted to throw something different out there .Quinn has all kinds of targets to throw to Rucker,Edwards,Robiskie,MoMass,Patten, and Furry. We have a better O-line and should have a decent running game even with Lewis getting up in the years. Cassel does have the benefit of having a full years experience under his belt and he has Larry Johnson and not too much depth at WR with Dwayne Bowe,Bobby Engram,Terrance Copper,Devard Darling,Quinten Lawerence, and Jeff Webb. I think we have a better defense also and just a better overall team so my answer would be Quinn.
Poll results from the old forum
Who will have a better year?
- Quinn: 28 votes
- Cassel: 9 votes
-
Got tired of all the DA vs Quinn threads so I wanted to throw something different out there .Quinn has all kinds of targets to throw to Rucker,Edwards,Robiskie,MoMass,Patten, and Furry. We have a better O-line and should have a decent running game even with Lewis getting up in the years. Cassel does have the benefit of having a full years experience under his belt and he has Larry Johnson and not too much depth at WR with Dwayne Bowe,Bobby Engram,Terrance Copper,Devard Darling,Quinten Lawerence, and Jeff Webb. I think we have a better defense also and just a better overall team so my answer would be Quinn.
Poll results from the old forum
Who will have a better year?
- Quinn: 28 votes
- Cassel: 9 votes
TheJokersWILD said:
Got tired of all the DA vs Quinn threads so I wanted to throw something different out there .Quinn has all kinds of targets to throw to Rucker,Edwards,Robiskie,MoMass,Patten, and Furry. We have a better O-line and should have a decent running game even with Lewis getting up in the years. Cassell does have the benefit of having a full years experience under his belt and he has Larry Johnson and not too much depth at WR with Dwayne Bowe,Bobby Engram,Terrance Copper,Devard Darling,Quinten Lawerence, and Jeff Webb. I think we have a better defense also and just a better overall team so my answer would be Quinn.Definitely Quinn. We're WAYYYYYY better on paper than KC is.
-
TheJokersWILD said:
Got tired of all the DA vs Quinn threads so I wanted to throw something different out there .Quinn has all kinds of targets to throw to Rucker,Edwards,Robiskie,MoMass,Patten, and Furry. We have a better O-line and should have a decent running game even with Lewis getting up in the years. Cassell does have the benefit of having a full years experience under his belt and he has Larry Johnson and not too much depth at WR with Dwayne Bowe,Bobby Engram,Terrance Copper,Devard Darling,Quinten Lawerence, and Jeff Webb. I think we have a better defense also and just a better overall team so my answer would be Quinn.Definitely Quinn. We're WAYYYYYY better on paper than KC is.
AdaM said:
Definitely Quinn. We're WAYYYYYY better on paper than KC is.Just being devils advocate here. What national analysts thinks the Browns look WAYYYYY better than KC on paper. We believe we look better than KC but I have not seen many articles written that would support that assertion. One of the things that I constantly see in why KC will end up better than the Browns is because of the QB situation. I do not agree with them but I do not think it is fair to say the Browns look wayyyy better on paper.
-
I'd go with Sam Cassell. Solid shooter from beyond the arc, good passer, playoff and championship experience, solid veteran presence.
Man he was awesome in his early years with the Rockets.
-
Tough question - we have more info on Cassell than Quinn. I am a homer and a Domer, so of course I say Quinn.
-
TheJokersWILD said:
Got tired of all the DA vs Quinn threads so I wanted to throw something different out there .Quinn has all kinds of targets to throw to Rucker,Edwards,Robiskie,MoMass,Patten, and Furry. We have a better O-line and should have a decent running game even with Lewis getting up in the years. Cassell does have the benefit of having a full years experience under his belt and he has Larry Johnson and not too much depth at WR with Dwayne Bowe,Bobby Engram,Terrance Copper,Devard Darling,Quinten Lawerence, and Jeff Webb. I think we have a better defense also and just a better overall team so my answer would be Quinn.Definitely Quinn. We're WAYYYYYY better on paper than KC is.
AdaM said:
Definitely Quinn. We're WAYYYYYY better on paper than KC is.Yes we are better on paper and that's where it gets interesting, will we actually BE better? I am HOPING that answer is YES
Will tell the tale on Mangini and Co. -
Before the Gonzalez trade, I would have said Cassel. Now, I'm not sure.
TE Brad Cottam dropped everything at OTA's, and their receiver situation is a lot like ours last year: a talented but butterfingered #1 (Dwayne Bowe) and two injury-prone veterans (Mark Bradley, Bobby Engram). Their offense could succumb to the same problems we faced last year.
-
Cassel.
-
TheJokersWILD said:
Had some typos, fixed them for ya
What playoff experience? Pats missed them last year.
-
AdaM said:
Definitely Quinn. We're WAYYYYYY better on paper than KC is.Just being devils advocate here. What national analysts thinks the Browns look WAYYYYY better than KC on paper. We believe we look better than KC but I have not seen many articles written that would support that assertion. One of the things that I constantly see in why KC will end up better than the Browns is because of the QB situation. I do not agree with them but I do not think it is fair to say the Browns look wayyyy better on paper.
Just being devils advocate here. What national analysts thinks the Browns look WAYYYYY better than KC on paper. We believe we look better than KC but I have not seen many articles written that would support that assertion. One of the things that I constantly see in why KC will end up better than the Browns is because of the QB situation. I do not agree with them but I do not think it is fair to say the Browns look wayyyy better on paper.
Sure, we're probably drinking Browns Kool Aid, but what the heck, it's off season.
The national media is not looking very hard at us. Of the AFC North, the brain dead thing to say is "Steelers & Ravens will be tough again, the Bengals have Palmer back, and Cleveland has a new (recently fired) coach and have yet to name a starting quarterback.
Keep talking media. Keep
talking.
-
Cassel is already better then either one of our two QB's will ever be. Our Championship QB is out there somewhere, we just have to find him..............
Cassel is already better then either one of our two QB's will ever be. Our Championship QB is out there somewhere, we just have to find him..............
I heard today that Sam Bradford packed on ten pounds of muscle this spring and is stronger than ever. Should be interesting to see how he plays this year. Losing a couple starting o-linemen, like Quinn did between his junior and senior years, always poses a challenge. One of the few knocks on Bradford is that he can get rattled when pressured, so it's especially important that he doesn't let an inexperienced o-line affect his play.
-
I'd go with Sam Cassell. Solid shooter from beyond the arc, good passer, playoff and championship experience, solid veteran presence.
Man he was awesome in his early years with the Rockets.
-
-
AdaM said:
Speaking of looking like an alien... wtf ever happened to that kid from E.T.?I think he
OD'ed on poprocks.

-
Kid from ET =
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



