How many of you would go to a game?
-
If everything was roughly the same as they are now.....then no one would be going to games and they would not be allowed. So that particular question is superfluous. Your question is: How much better must things get before the league/cities/states would allow fans to go to games, and if they were allowed, would you go?
And don't be so foolish to think that a question like you asked would not be turned into a debate. You invited a debate by asking it.
You can be really boring sometimes...and predictable.
-
-
Sorry you can't handle the truth.
I'm sorry. I don't play these games. Know that I won't be reading any more of your posts.
-
Sorry you can't handle the truth.
Sorry you can't handle instructions.
-
I wouldn't go. You have to think like a person with obsesive compulsive disorder to see how many things we touch/ we breathe into in order to realize how risky it is. Biggest problem with stadiums and sports centre? The entrance. It is a big crowded point, more so than the stands.
EDIT: Also, locking down the toilets or scheduling them would mean playing the "let's see how many bladders explode today" game.
-
I would go, for about the last quarter, vs the squealers. In a bee suit, wearing a mask, but they would have to add about 15.000 porta-potties, each would be sprayed professionally after each use.
and free rootbeer and hamburgers.
Maybe.
-
-
If Still in the Cleveland area yes I would go to some games.
-
Sorry you can't handle the truth.
I'm sorry. I don't play these games. Know that I won't be reading any more of your posts.
-
-
Sorry you can't handle the truth.
Sorry you can't handle instructions.
Sorry you can't handle instructions.
But, I did follow the instructions. Quite strictly. He said to assume that things with the Corona virus are the same in September as they are now. And my answer reflected that assumption specifically. If things stay as they are now, there would either be no games or games with no fans.
You know who else followed his instruction specifically? The NFL, that is who.....with the way they are going to put forth their schedule. They are front loading it with the games that they think it would be most palatable to cancel ...which is just what they would do if things with the virus are as they are now.
-
Interesting results so far. About 2/3 wouldn't go and 1/3 would, if it's status quo in September. I would imagine that the league would have several areas of concern they'd have to consider in order to have games. 1) Level of interests by fans to attend. If, for example, 2/3 of season ticket holders don't attend, how could teams legally fill those seats? A waiver would have to be signed. If you were a season ticket holder would you sign one? I don't think many would without some form of payment.
Second, the NFL would have to have fans and players sign a non-liability statement which would make it impossible for anyone to sue the NFL for damages if/when someone was to get sick and/or die.
Third, if a few people did die what kind of PR hit would the NFL take?
Things will change between now and then. Will be interesting to see what happens. Any thoughts about it?
-
Interesting results so far. About 2/3 wouldn't go and 1/3 would, if it's status quo in September. I would imagine that the league would have several areas of concern they'd have to consider in order to have games. 1) Level of interests by fans to attend. If, for example, 2/3 of season ticket holders don't attend, how could teams legally fill those seats? A waiver would have to be signed. If you were a season ticket holder would you sign one? I don't think many would without some form of payment.
Second, the NFL would have to have fans and players sign a non-liability statement which would make it impossible for anyone to sue the NFL for damages if/when someone was to get sick and/or die.
Third, if a few people did die what kind of PR hit would the NFL take?
Things will change between now and then. Will be interesting to see what happens. Any thoughts about it?
Interesting results so far. About 2/3 wouldn't go and 1/3 would, if it's status quo in September. I would imagine that the league would have several areas of concern they'd have to consider in order to have games. 1) Level of interests by fans to attend. If, for example, 2/3 of season ticket holders don't attend, how could teams legally fill those seats? A waiver would have to be signed. If you were a season ticket holder would you sign one? I don't think many would without some form of payment.
Second, the NFL would have to have fans and players sign a non-liability statement which would make it impossible for anyone to sue the NFL for damages if/when someone was to get sick and/or die.
Third, if a few people did die what kind of PR hit would the NFL take?
Like I said, there would be either no games, or no games with fans. You just proved my point by asking about all these contingencies. They would never take the risk of all this.
Things will change between now and then. Will be interesting to see what happens. Any thoughts about it?
And now you finally get it that thing will HAVE to change between now and then.
But to answer your question: my thoughts are that I would need to know how significantly better things have gotten before deciding to go to a game.........and beyond that, I probably would not go unless it were to go to a road game in association with a Browns Board away tailgate, because I have learned that under normal circumstances I generally do NOT like the in stadium game experience anyway the way the NFL runs things
-
Hard pass! I want to be alive for the next 20 years of their "suckage".
-
-
-
Being dealing with this for 2.5 months now. I have had to get my temperature taken everyday before I go into work and it is effective. If they sold tickets for half the capacity and set everyone with a seat between them, ensured everyone was not actively sick, then it would be a problem. Those who are scared of catching something will stay home. Those who wanna go tailgate before will do so. My ass will be there sporting the free browns facemasks they will be giving out.
-
I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.
Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?
Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.
If everything was roughly the same as they are now.....then no one would be going to games and they would not be allowed. So that particular question is superfluous. Your question is: How much better must things get before the league/cities/states would allow fans to go to games, and if they were allowed, would you go?
And don't be so foolish to think that a question like you asked would not be turned into a debate. You invited a debate by asking it.
If everything was roughly the same as they are now.....then no one would be going to games and they would not be allowed. So that particular question is superfluous. Your question is: How much better must things get before the league/cities/states would allow fans to go to games, and if they were allowed, would you go?
And don't be so foolish to think that a question like you asked would not be turned into a debate. You invited a debate by asking it.
Things are already "better" here in FL (depending on how you define what "better" means). Our beaches have gone from closed, to "partially open" (i.e. you were allowed to walk or jog or swim, but not sit in a chair...huh?) and now the beaches are fully open - you're allowed to lay or sit. Some of our eateries are open for dinning in, starting tomorrow - with restrictions (only allowed 25% occupancy at any one time). If this loosening of restrictions do not lead to an increase of CV, then I think things are truly "better."
This whole thing wreaks of hidden agendas so it's hard to trust ANY of what we are told.
-
Being dealing with this for 2.5 months now. I have had to get my temperature taken everyday before I go into work and it is effective. If they sold tickets for half the capacity and set everyone with a seat between them, ensured everyone was not actively sick, then it would be a problem. Those who are scared of catching something will stay home. Those who wanna go tailgate before will do so. My ass will be there sporting the free browns facemasks they will be giving out.
Being dealing with this for 2.5 months now. I have had to get my temperature taken everyday before I go into work and it is effective. If they sold tickets for half the capacity and set everyone with a seat between them, ensured everyone was not actively sick, then it would be a problem. Those who are scared of catching something will stay home. Those who wanna go tailgate before will do so. My ass will be there sporting the free browns facemasks they will be giving out.
You mind me asking what kind of job you have where you are tested daily? Also, a good point was brought up about the bathrooms being a problem (people congregating).
-
Being dealing with this for 2.5 months now. I have had to get my temperature taken everyday before I go into work and it is effective. If they sold tickets for half the capacity and set everyone with a seat between them, ensured everyone was not actively sick, then it would be a problem. Those who are scared of catching something will stay home. Those who wanna go tailgate before will do so. My ass will be there sporting the free browns facemasks they will be giving out.
You mind me asking what kind of job you have where you are tested daily? Also, a good point was brought up about the bathrooms being a problem (people congregating).
You mind me asking what kind of job you have where you are tested daily? Also, a good point was brought up about the bathrooms being a problem (people congregating).
I am in the coast guard. We save lives daily. We are just making sure that we all are in good health. I guess a certain temperature means we may have some kinda something. In the last few months we have saved many people and disputed many drugs coming into the us. We didn't get a port call on a 90 day patrol, but everyone is safe and healthy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
