Skip to content

How many of you would go to a game?

The Browns Board
71 25 1.8k 1
  • I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @orion said:

    I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

    I've been doing this exact thing since my early 20s when most of my stupidity slowly began to fade away....... yes,  it's still fading. 

  • I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.

    Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?

    Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @barry said:

    I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.

    Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?

    Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.

    hell no......

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of..

    Just wanted to pull out the "lol-inducing" part...

    Years ago I read an article stating that only 20% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom. Certainly you've already uncovered these that I employed long before Covid-19 was a thing...

    • the jacket sleeve...
    • the paper towel..
    • the pinky hook.

    The lack of options does make you appreciate establishments with the foresight to install doors that open out or the use of pathways that eliminate the need for doors altogether.

    There is another I've seen in a movie* that I have not personally used: waiting for another user to open the door to either exit or preferably exit the lavatory**.

    ======================================================================================

    * I think it was As Good as It Gets but it might have been one of a couple Howard Hughes based movies I've seen.

    ** Can't remember the last time I used the word "lavatory" and I sure as hell have no idea why it came to mind here.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @tour2ma said:

    Just wanted to pull out the "lol-inducing" part...

    Years ago I read an article stating that only 20% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom. Certainly you've already uncovered these that I employed long before Covid-19 was a thing...

    • the jacket sleeve...
    • the paper towel..
    • the pinky hook.

    The lack of options does make you appreciate establishments with the foresight to install doors that open out or the use of pathways that eliminate the need for doors altogether.

    There is another I've seen in a movie* that I have not personally used: waiting for another user to open the door to either exit or preferably exit the lavatory**.

    ======================================================================================

    * I think it was As Good as It Gets but it might have been one of a couple Howard Hughes based movies I've seen.

    ** Can't remember the last time I used the word "lavatory" and I sure as hell have no idea why it came to mind here.

    A ha! See, I’ve been doing a twist on the pinky hook... using my ring finger. I figure it’s my least used finger. The pinky is good for picking and scratching, and it’s essential in giving the shocker.

    I think it was As Good as it Gets. Good movie.

  • @orion said:

    I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

    I've been doing this exact thing since my early 20s when most of my stupidity slowly began to fade away....... yes,  it's still fading. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #63

    @d-bone said:

    I've been doing this exact thing since my early 20s when most of my stupidity slowly began to fade away....... yes,  it's still fading. 

    About the last sentence... I'll keep you updated. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #64

    I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

  • I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @the-gipper said:

    I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    You quoted it wrong. And it will be nearly December. And I have not yet committed. Just thinking 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    I'll "water" them... 😉

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    I'll "water" them... 😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @tour2ma said:

    I'll "water" them... 😉

    You are already dead from the neck up, so pissing down your throat would be tantamount to watering your grave. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Just wanted to pull out the "lol-inducing" part...

    Years ago I read an article stating that only 20% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom. Certainly you've already uncovered these that I employed long before Covid-19 was a thing...

    • the jacket sleeve...
    • the paper towel..
    • the pinky hook.

    The lack of options does make you appreciate establishments with the foresight to install doors that open out or the use of pathways that eliminate the need for doors altogether.

    There is another I've seen in a movie* that I have not personally used: waiting for another user to open the door to either exit or preferably exit the lavatory**.

    ======================================================================================

    * I think it was As Good as It Gets but it might have been one of a couple Howard Hughes based movies I've seen.

    ** Can't remember the last time I used the word "lavatory" and I sure as hell have no idea why it came to mind here.

    A ha! See, I’ve been doing a twist on the pinky hook... using my ring finger. I figure it’s my least used finger. The pinky is good for picking and scratching, and it’s essential in giving the shocker.

    I think it was As Good as it Gets. Good movie.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @ibleedbrown said:

    A ha! See, I’ve been doing a twist on the pinky hook... using my ring finger. I figure it’s my least used finger. The pinky is good for picking and scratching, and it’s essential in giving the shocker.

    I think it was As Good as it Gets. Good movie.

    Good gosh, stop being a bunch of wimps.  Just grab the damn door handle and walk out of there like a man.  Once out, you can lick your hands clean enough.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    For those who are undecided here is some incentive. The ratings by USA Today of the best RB's going in to 2020. Guess who is #!!

    https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/predicting-leading-rushers-for-the-2020-21-nfl-season/

  • For those who are undecided here is some incentive. The ratings by USA Today of the best RB's going in to 2020. Guess who is #!!

    https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/predicting-leading-rushers-for-the-2020-21-nfl-season/

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @texasag1969 said:

    For those who are undecided here is some incentive. The ratings by USA Today of the best RB's going in to 2020. Guess who is #!!

    https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/predicting-leading-rushers-for-the-2020-21-nfl-season/

    😁

    Football world, meet Nick Chubb…the NFL’s leading rusher for the 2020-21 season. He plays for the Cleveland Browns and, if haven’t followed the team, is one of the most electrifying backs in the NFL. He, too, has a new head coach in 2020 and will run behind an upgraded line—hello, Jack Conklin and first-rounder Jedrick Wills Jr.—while also enjoying the fear-based fruits that fall from the Odell Beckham Jr.-Jarvis Landry Coverage Tree. His accolades won’t guarantee the Browns go any better than 8-8, regardless of the easy lineup (fourth-weakest). And before you get angry with that, Cleveland, realize one thing—that’s also to suggest the team might finish 9-7.

    I wonder how much the tandem of Chubb & Hunt will cut into Chubb's numbers?   Regardless the BROWNS look to have a pretty good balanced attack...... with some ball control and hopefully clock management to help out the defense.