Justin Amash
-
https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/biography/105566/justin-amash
JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2002-2005
AB, Economics, University of Michigan, 1998-2002
-
He would be a HUGE improvement over fat boy Trump.
-
I'm bumping this to see if anyone has any political comments on this guy.
Curious what @logicisforsquares thoughts are
-
I have been avoiding news and politics so long that I couldn’t tell you how I feel about the guy. If he is a true blue libertarian without any of the social conservative hang ups, I could sign on. I will do some reading on him.
-
So what is your take Woody? That's far more interesting.
He is a Tea Party chairman to this day, I believe. You probably wouldn't vote for him based on policy, so what's your interest in this guy? Is it a fellow alum thing?
-
So what is your take Woody? That's far more interesting.
He is a Tea Party chairman to this day, I believe. You probably wouldn't vote for him based on policy, so what's your interest in this guy? Is it a fellow alum thing?
So what is your take Woody? That's far more interesting.
He is a Tea Party chairman to this day, I believe. You probably wouldn't vote for him based on policy, so what's your interest in this guy? Is it a fellow alum thing?
Well he's not Trump or Biden so it's a good start.
I don't agree with everything that I read (pro life, etc), but some of it is refreshing to see (like legalizing weed, reducing defense budget, etc). I'll keep an eye out for more on him even though he'll end up just being a small blip on the radar.
The alumni bit is just a bonus.
-
So what is your take Woody? That's far more interesting.
He is a Tea Party chairman to this day, I believe. You probably wouldn't vote for him based on policy, so what's your interest in this guy? Is it a fellow alum thing?
Well he's not Trump or Biden so it's a good start.
I don't agree with everything that I read (pro life, etc), but some of it is refreshing to see (like legalizing weed, reducing defense budget, etc). I'll keep an eye out for more on him even though he'll end up just being a small blip on the radar.
The alumni bit is just a bonus.
Well he's not Trump or Biden so it's a good start.
I don't agree with everything that I read (pro life, etc), but some of it is refreshing to see (like legalizing weed, reducing defense budget, etc). I'll keep an eye out for more on him even though he'll end up just being a small blip on the radar.
The alumni bit is just a bonus.
It is an option to those who feel like voting "none of the above". I looked at your profile Woody, and you're too young to remember when in 1992 Ross Perot made the biggest independent splash in a long time as a presidential candidate, getting 19% of the popular vote, not an easy task. I even voted for Ross. Did it make a difference? Maybe. You'd like it, but my wife sure as hell didn't- saying a vote for Perot was a vote for Clinton.
As to him (Justin) being a small blip on the radar- sure enough. Perot already had plenty of name recognition, and as much money as Bloomberg to get his story out to the voters, something Amash doesn't have. I'd love to see the day where we could get a Libertarian candidate that's viable in a presidential election- because a lot of their views coincide with mine. "He that governs least, governs best". Unfortunately now money talks- and the major political parties can far outspend any outsider. If you didn't see it in one of my rants, I've been a loyal RNC (small change) contributor since the days Hillary ran for senator of New York. The Donald has pissed me off so badly I wrote them and told them they're not getting another dime out of me until you know who retires to the golf course at Mar a Lago. So be of good hope- I just may vote your "none of the above" or sleepy Joe.
-
So what is your take Woody? That's far more interesting.
He is a Tea Party chairman to this day, I believe. You probably wouldn't vote for him based on policy, so what's your interest in this guy? Is it a fellow alum thing?
Well he's not Trump or Biden so it's a good start.
I don't agree with everything that I read (pro life, etc), but some of it is refreshing to see (like legalizing weed, reducing defense budget, etc). I'll keep an eye out for more on him even though he'll end up just being a small blip on the radar.
The alumni bit is just a bonus.
Well he's not Trump or Biden so it's a good start.
I don't agree with everything that I read (pro life, etc), but some of it is refreshing to see (like legalizing weed, reducing defense budget, etc). I'll keep an eye out for more on him even though he'll end up just being a small blip on the radar.
The alumni bit is just a bonus.
He's a better Ron Paul impersonator than Rand Paul.
I don't even believe Ron Paul was a NRA member.
He's 100% prolife.
I don't actually know, but cmon he looks religious AF. It's probably the first rule of the Tea Club.
The list goes on. I could live with this guy over Biden, but he kicks a hole in all the issues that seem to be hotbutton for you. I'm sure Biden will legalize weed as long as his son can be on the board. Hell, I bet Trump will too in the next 4 years. It just seems to be an inefficient route for you.
Unless....Michigan is holding a lot of water or some of Cal's seeds are starting to grow.
-
Well he's not Trump or Biden so it's a good start.
I don't agree with everything that I read (pro life, etc), but some of it is refreshing to see (like legalizing weed, reducing defense budget, etc). I'll keep an eye out for more on him even though he'll end up just being a small blip on the radar.
The alumni bit is just a bonus.
He's a better Ron Paul impersonator than Rand Paul.
I don't even believe Ron Paul was a NRA member.
He's 100% prolife.
I don't actually know, but cmon he looks religious AF. It's probably the first rule of the Tea Club.
The list goes on. I could live with this guy over Biden, but he kicks a hole in all the issues that seem to be hotbutton for you. I'm sure Biden will legalize weed as long as his son can be on the board. Hell, I bet Trump will too in the next 4 years. It just seems to be an inefficient route for you.
Unless....Michigan is holding a lot of water or some of Cal's seeds are starting to grow.
He's a better Ron Paul impersonator than Rand Paul.
I don't even believe Ron Paul was a NRA member.
He's 100% prolife.
I don't actually know, but cmon he looks religious AF. It's probably the first rule of the Tea Club.
The list goes on. I could live with this guy over Biden, but he kicks a hole in all the issues that seem to be hotbutton for you. I'm sure Biden will legalize weed as long as his son can be on the board. Hell, I bet Trump will too in the next 4 years. It just seems to be an inefficient route for you.
Unless....Michigan is holding a lot of water or some of Cal's seeds are starting to grow.
Religion is fine. It's when religion affects public policy I'm against it. Hell, maybe this guy does think that way and then he's out for me.
I'm mostly just interested in there being another candidate. I really don't like the idea of a two party system so any politician residing outside of the main two parties gets a boost in my book, even if I don't agree with everything they support.
-
He's a better Ron Paul impersonator than Rand Paul.
I don't even believe Ron Paul was a NRA member.
He's 100% prolife.
I don't actually know, but cmon he looks religious AF. It's probably the first rule of the Tea Club.
The list goes on. I could live with this guy over Biden, but he kicks a hole in all the issues that seem to be hotbutton for you. I'm sure Biden will legalize weed as long as his son can be on the board. Hell, I bet Trump will too in the next 4 years. It just seems to be an inefficient route for you.
Unless....Michigan is holding a lot of water or some of Cal's seeds are starting to grow.
Religion is fine. It's when religion affects public policy I'm against it. Hell, maybe this guy does think that way and then he's out for me.
I'm mostly just interested in there being another candidate. I really don't like the idea of a two party system so any politician residing outside of the main two parties gets a boost in my book, even if I don't agree with everything they support.
Religion is fine. It's when religion affects public policy I'm against it. Hell, maybe this guy does think that way and then he's out for me.
I'm mostly just interested in there being another candidate. I really don't like the idea of a two party system so any politician residing outside of the main two parties gets a boost in my book, even if I don't agree with everything they support.
Fair enough, but the first time someone calls you a racist don't say i didn't warn you.
-
Religion is fine. It's when religion affects public policy I'm against it. Hell, maybe this guy does think that way and then he's out for me.
I'm mostly just interested in there being another candidate. I really don't like the idea of a two party system so any politician residing outside of the main two parties gets a boost in my book, even if I don't agree with everything they support.
Fair enough, but the first time someone calls you a racist don't say i didn't warn you.
Fair enough, but the first time someone calls you a racist don't say i didn't warn you.
I've found that the people that complain the most about unfairly being called racist are the most likely to have done or said something somewhat racist.
-
Fair enough, but the first time someone calls you a racist don't say i didn't warn you.
I've found that the people that complain the most about unfairly being called racist are the most likely to have done or said something somewhat racist.
I've found that the people that complain the most about unfairly being called racist are the most likely to have done or said something somewhat racist.
no you haven't, liar. You THINK that because it's ignorant asswholes who use slurs like "racist" all the time, every opportunity, because like you, they hate, they spew slurs out of spite, because they are emotionally unhinged and knee jerk.
-
Fair enough, but the first time someone calls you a racist don't say i didn't warn you.
I've found that the people that complain the most about unfairly being called racist are the most likely to have done or said something somewhat racist.
I've found that the people that complain the most about unfairly being called racist are the most likely to have done or said something somewhat racist.
The fact that religion seems to play a big role in their policy making is a big deterrent for me. Is Rick Perry considered to be in the Tea Party? Didn't he hold a state pray session to ask for rain or something crazy like that?
Add in the instances of racism and ignorance, and the fact the base of the group basically seems like old, pissed off rednecks and religious extremists and they're further away from me.
IMO they're a fringe political group and I don't want to associate with either extreme.
I also am on the other side of most of their stances on social issues.
It really doesn't take much to flip that switch. If Amash destroyed Obama's ACA it would be the first thing that gets said in the headlines at Vox. Guaranteed. I'm not calling you out, I'm just letting younger Woody warn you since you don't believe me.
-
I've found that the people that complain the most about unfairly being called racist are the most likely to have done or said something somewhat racist.
The fact that religion seems to play a big role in their policy making is a big deterrent for me. Is Rick Perry considered to be in the Tea Party? Didn't he hold a state pray session to ask for rain or something crazy like that?
Add in the instances of racism and ignorance, and the fact the base of the group basically seems like old, pissed off rednecks and religious extremists and they're further away from me.
IMO they're a fringe political group and I don't want to associate with either extreme.
I also am on the other side of most of their stances on social issues.
It really doesn't take much to flip that switch. If Amash destroyed Obama's ACA it would be the first thing that gets said in the headlines at Vox. Guaranteed. I'm not calling you out, I'm just letting younger Woody warn you since you don't believe me.
It really doesn't take much to flip that switch. If Amash destroyed Obama's ACA it would be the first thing that gets said in the headlines at Vox. Guaranteed. I'm not calling you out, I'm just letting younger Woody warn you since you don't believe me.
Yep, and I still agree with all of those points younger me said. Though the tea party has morphed into just the regular Republican party at this point. At least the part of it that seems on charge.
If this guy changed his views then there may be something there. If he's still mostly aligned with what I didn't and still don't like about the tea party then he isn't the candidate for me.
Again, I'm mostly interested in the fact it is an option outside of the main two political parties.
-
A "rehabilitated racist redneck"? Hmm. Younger Woody would call bullshit.
Realistically, I have a more seemless suggestion.
The "cleanest" way for you to throw your vote.
-
-
A "rehabilitated racist redneck"? Hmm. Younger Woody would call bullshit.
Realistically, I have a more seemless suggestion.
The "cleanest" way for you to throw your vote.
A "rehabilitated racist redneck"? Hmm. Younger Woody would call bullshit.
Realistically, I have a more seemless suggestion.
The "cleanest" way for you to throw your vote.
Again dude... I'm not throwing my total support behind the guy.
I appreciate what you're trying to do here but it's a little bit of a stretch.
Maybe you'll find me throwing complete, blind support behind a candidate I called a con man or something.
I mean Biden isn't great but he's better than Hilary. I could stay there. We'll see.
-
-
A "rehabilitated racist redneck"? Hmm. Younger Woody would call bullshit.
Realistically, I have a more seemless suggestion.
The "cleanest" way for you to throw your vote.
Again dude... I'm not throwing my total support behind the guy.
I appreciate what you're trying to do here but it's a little bit of a stretch.
Maybe you'll find me throwing complete, blind support behind a candidate I called a con man or something.
I mean Biden isn't great but he's better than Hilary. I could stay there. We'll see.
Again dude... I'm not throwing my total support behind the guy.
I appreciate what you're trying to do here but it's a little bit of a stretch.
Maybe you'll find me throwing complete, blind support behind a candidate I called a con man or something.
I mean Biden isn't great but he's better than Hilary. I could stay there. We'll see.
I'm not saying you are throwing blind support behind this guy. I'm not attacking anything you've said, past or present.
I guess in a way Woody, it's almost offensive if you vote for this guy. As much vitriol that goes towards guns, abortion, religion, etc., you'd have to walk quite a ways back to justify it.
For that reason, I don't think you would vote for him. I just think it's all about the Blue brotherhood anyways. I can sense the Force is strong, but you're going to tote the #NEVERTRUMP line in the end.
-
Again dude... I'm not throwing my total support behind the guy.
I appreciate what you're trying to do here but it's a little bit of a stretch.
Maybe you'll find me throwing complete, blind support behind a candidate I called a con man or something.
I mean Biden isn't great but he's better than Hilary. I could stay there. We'll see.
I'm not saying you are throwing blind support behind this guy. I'm not attacking anything you've said, past or present.
I guess in a way Woody, it's almost offensive if you vote for this guy. As much vitriol that goes towards guns, abortion, religion, etc., you'd have to walk quite a ways back to justify it.
For that reason, I don't think you would vote for him. I just think it's all about the Blue brotherhood anyways. I can sense the Force is strong, but you're going to tote the #NEVERTRUMP line in the end.
I'm not saying you are throwing blind support behind this guy. I'm not attacking anything you've said, past or present.
I guess in a way Woody, it's almost offensive if you vote for this guy. As much vitriol that goes towards guns, abortion, religion, etc., you'd have to walk quite a ways back to justify it.
For that reason, I don't think you would vote for him. I just think it's all about the Blue brotherhood anyways. I can sense the Force is strong, but you're going to tote the #NEVERTRUMP line in the end.
I know exactly what you're attempting to do, but that's fine.
"Vitriol"? Alright...
Well, as far as "blue brotherhood" goes, I'm not a registered Dem and I didn't vote for Hilary last time. But say whatever you want I guess.
I was actually interested in Trump as a candidate at one point. At this point though he's proven to be an embarrassing shit show. If it makes you feel better to call that "#NEVERTRUMP" then know one is stopping you. Live your best reality man.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login