Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Boomers and virus

Boomers and virus

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
18 Posts 5 Posters 361 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    So I'm thinking I might find some agreement with Woody on this point, maybe not. As far as I can tell and given the confusion and Mis cues by medical professionals Etc young healthy people are in virtually no danger of dying from this. I'm not going to bother looking at the exact number but the huge percentage of deaths are from people in their 80s.

    So...

    It would seem to me logical that people over a certain age would be held to a higher set of restrictions. I hear people complaining that others aren't wearing their masks. I would answer them by saying that there's no reason for you to go to a big grocery store or Target or the Home Depot or Walmart if you are a the least bit concerned about catching something. Every one of those places offers curbside pickup or home delivery.

    I guess restricting the movement of Boomers and octogenarians might be considered unfair but this whole thing is unfair. And it would probably make more sense. 

    Thoughts?

    WSS

    Not to be flip but like forcing everyone to get vaccinated for ovarian cancer or sickle cell anemia.

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
      • 39k Posts
      • 9k Reputation
      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
      #2

      PS that would also include anyone with prior conditions that would make them at a higher risk. 

      Like somebody who is 40 with asthma or diabetes.

      WSS

      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
        • 15k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I don't know about Woody but you and I are in perfect agreement over this statement. 

        Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
        1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
          • 64k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
          #4

          for the most part, maybe. But I went to the hardware store, and they don't have carry-out, so....

          W 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Initially my thoughts were that restrictions on boomers and those at high risk would make perfect sense, and I am one of those who would be restricted.

            But perhaps that the unmasked ones would only spread the disease and bring it into contact with the old folks anyway.

            Another problem is how to enforce it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • C calfoxwc

              for the most part, maybe. But I went to the hardware store, and they don't have carry-out, so....

              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 39k Posts
              • 9k Reputation
              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @calfoxwc said:

              for the most part, maybe. But I went to the hardware store, and they don't have carry-out, so....

              What are you talkin about? You mean you're not allowed in the store at all? 

              WSS

              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
              C 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • W Westside Steve

                @calfoxwc said:

                for the most part, maybe. But I went to the hardware store, and they don't have carry-out, so....

                What are you talkin about? You mean you're not allowed in the store at all? 

                WSS

                calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                • 64k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @westside-steve said:

                What are you talkin about? You mean you're not allowed in the store at all? 

                WSS

                of course not - everybody who wanted to, went into the store. It's allowed to be open. Some don't wear a mask.

                I do. Some employees do. Whatchutalkinbout, Willis?

                W 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • C calfoxwc

                  @westside-steve said:

                  What are you talkin about? You mean you're not allowed in the store at all? 

                  WSS

                  of course not - everybody who wanted to, went into the store. It's allowed to be open. Some don't wear a mask.

                  I do. Some employees do. Whatchutalkinbout, Willis?

                  Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                  • 39k Posts
                  • 9k Reputation
                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @calfoxwc said:

                  of course not - everybody who wanted to, went into the store. It's allowed to be open. Some don't wear a mask.

                  I do. Some employees do. Whatchutalkinbout, Willis?

                  Fair enough I didn't think so. But that wasn't my point. Just saying that anybody who's worried can certainly order stuff delivered to the curb or to the home.

                  WSS

                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                  C 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • W Westside Steve

                    @calfoxwc said:

                    of course not - everybody who wanted to, went into the store. It's allowed to be open. Some don't wear a mask.

                    I do. Some employees do. Whatchutalkinbout, Willis?

                    Fair enough I didn't think so. But that wasn't my point. Just saying that anybody who's worried can certainly order stuff delivered to the curb or to the home.

                    WSS

                    calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                    • 64k Posts
                    • 8k Reputation
                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @westside-steve said:

                    Fair enough I didn't think so. But that wasn't my point. Just saying that anybody who's worried can certainly order stuff delivered to the curb or to the home.

                    WSS

                    well, when you need a certain plumbing fitting to adapt from a plumber 2" to a 3", but I don't get the measurements of plumbing sizes, because the interior dimension of the 3? is 3 1/4 "..... I can't order that. lol

                    W 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • C calfoxwc

                      @westside-steve said:

                      Fair enough I didn't think so. But that wasn't my point. Just saying that anybody who's worried can certainly order stuff delivered to the curb or to the home.

                      WSS

                      well, when you need a certain plumbing fitting to adapt from a plumber 2" to a 3", but I don't get the measurements of plumbing sizes, because the interior dimension of the 3? is 3 1/4 "..... I can't order that. lol

                      Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 39k Posts
                      • 9k Reputation
                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                      #10

                      @calfoxwc said:

                      well, when you need a certain plumbing fitting to adapt from a plumber 2" to a 3", but I don't get the measurements of plumbing sizes, because the interior dimension of the 3? is 3 1/4 "..... I can't order that. lol

                      Oh well. Think of it this way your funeral will be huge. Had all of us wearing brown and orange. Virtual of course. 

                      And your plumbing will be in working order. For the week I mean.

                      Of course you do understand that masks does nothing to keep you from Catching the virus anyway right?

                      WSS

                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                      C 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • W Westside Steve

                        @calfoxwc said:

                        well, when you need a certain plumbing fitting to adapt from a plumber 2" to a 3", but I don't get the measurements of plumbing sizes, because the interior dimension of the 3? is 3 1/4 "..... I can't order that. lol

                        Oh well. Think of it this way your funeral will be huge. Had all of us wearing brown and orange. Virtual of course. 

                        And your plumbing will be in working order. For the week I mean.

                        Of course you do understand that masks does nothing to keep you from Catching the virus anyway right?

                        WSS

                        calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                        • 64k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @westside-steve said:

                        Oh well. Think of it this way your funeral will be huge. Had all of us wearing brown and orange. Virtual of course. 

                        And your plumbing will be in working order. For the week I mean.

                        Of course you do understand that masks does nothing to keep you from Catching the virus anyway right?

                        WSS

                        no - not true. a good fitting n95 mask will stop droplets in the air. That stops you from inhaling the droplets.

                        it's the lining of the lungs that get the virus attacked to it. and I can't hold my breath that long. Although, back in my air force days, I could swim the entire length of an olympic sized pool underwater. Or course, I was an excellent swimmer and was much younger then.

                        I was actually asked to take over and teach life-saving classes at the base - but I was a short timer, and they found somebody else.

                        W 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • C calfoxwc

                          @westside-steve said:

                          Oh well. Think of it this way your funeral will be huge. Had all of us wearing brown and orange. Virtual of course. 

                          And your plumbing will be in working order. For the week I mean.

                          Of course you do understand that masks does nothing to keep you from Catching the virus anyway right?

                          WSS

                          no - not true. a good fitting n95 mask will stop droplets in the air. That stops you from inhaling the droplets.

                          it's the lining of the lungs that get the virus attacked to it. and I can't hold my breath that long. Although, back in my air force days, I could swim the entire length of an olympic sized pool underwater. Or course, I was an excellent swimmer and was much younger then.

                          I was actually asked to take over and teach life-saving classes at the base - but I was a short timer, and they found somebody else.

                          Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                          • 39k Posts
                          • 9k Reputation
                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @calfoxwc said:

                          no - not true. a good fitting n95 mask will stop droplets in the air. That stops you from inhaling the droplets.

                          sorry you're wrong. It might keep you from breathing it in but it won't keep it from getting in your eyes your hands your cheeks your ears or your hair. The Masks are meant to keep people who are already infected from blowing out infected droplets. And by the way the n95 isn't any better at stopping droplets that a bad data. It has a higher filter rate that would be better for keeping virus out.

                          it's the lining of the lungs that get the virus attacked to it. and I can't hold my breath that long. Although, back in my air force days, I could swim the entire length of an olympic sized pool underwater. Or course, I was an excellent swimmer and was much younger then.

                          I was actually asked to take over and teach life-saving classes at the base - but I was a short timer, and they found somebody else.

                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                          DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • W Westside Steve

                            @calfoxwc said:

                            no - not true. a good fitting n95 mask will stop droplets in the air. That stops you from inhaling the droplets.

                            sorry you're wrong. It might keep you from breathing it in but it won't keep it from getting in your eyes your hands your cheeks your ears or your hair. The Masks are meant to keep people who are already infected from blowing out infected droplets. And by the way the n95 isn't any better at stopping droplets that a bad data. It has a higher filter rate that would be better for keeping virus out.

                            it's the lining of the lungs that get the virus attacked to it. and I can't hold my breath that long. Although, back in my air force days, I could swim the entire length of an olympic sized pool underwater. Or course, I was an excellent swimmer and was much younger then.

                            I was actually asked to take over and teach life-saving classes at the base - but I was a short timer, and they found somebody else.

                            DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                            • 28k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @westside-steve said:

                            Wrong WSS.  N95 will stop you from getting infected in worn correctly.  Goggles are also a good idea.  Washing your hands also.  If it gets on your hair as long as you don't touch your face after touching your hair your okay.  

                            "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                              • 39k Posts
                              • 9k Reputation
                              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Conclusion: The N95 filtering face piece respirators may not provide the expected protection level against small virions. Some surgical masks may let a significant fraction of airborne viruses penetrate through their filters, providing very low protection against aerosolized infectious agents in the size range of 10 to 80 nm. It should be noted that the surgical masks are primarily designed to protect the environment from the wearer, whereas the respirators are supposed to protect the wearer from the environment.

                              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                • 64k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                The mask will keep it from getting into your lungs. it doesn't attack the eyes. Ever hear of eyes being damaged?

                                nope. hair?

                                nope. I change clothes, and used to take showers to make sure. The danger is letting it into your lungs.

                                and the virus doesn't exist in air by itself. In air, it has been coughed or sneezed out. The size of water droplets containing the virus is far, far larger than the 10-80 nm. Protect your lungs. that is what it hits.

                                **********************************************************

                                Coronavirus: How does COVID-19 attack the human body? | UK ...

                                https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-how-does...

                                2:26

                                Mar 02, 2020 · How coronavirus attacks cells in the lungs. Although just around two months old, experts are slowly discovering more about COVID-19, which appears to be attacking two specific sets of cells in the ...

                                Author: Tania Snuggs

                                How COVID-19 kills: The new coronavirus disease can take a ...

                                https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/02/14/npr-how...

                                But the new coronavirus attacks the lungs, and in about 20 percent of patients, infections can get more serious. As the virus enters lung cells, it starts to replicate, destroying the cells,...

                                GorkaG 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                  • 39k Posts
                                  • 9k Reputation
                                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Cal if it makes you happy feel free to wear one wherever you go. 

                                  ?

                                  WSS

                                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                  C 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • C calfoxwc

                                    The mask will keep it from getting into your lungs. it doesn't attack the eyes. Ever hear of eyes being damaged?

                                    nope. hair?

                                    nope. I change clothes, and used to take showers to make sure. The danger is letting it into your lungs.

                                    and the virus doesn't exist in air by itself. In air, it has been coughed or sneezed out. The size of water droplets containing the virus is far, far larger than the 10-80 nm. Protect your lungs. that is what it hits.

                                    **********************************************************

                                    Coronavirus: How does COVID-19 attack the human body? | UK ...

                                    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-how-does...

                                    2:26

                                    Mar 02, 2020 · How coronavirus attacks cells in the lungs. Although just around two months old, experts are slowly discovering more about COVID-19, which appears to be attacking two specific sets of cells in the ...

                                    Author: Tania Snuggs

                                    How COVID-19 kills: The new coronavirus disease can take a ...

                                    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/02/14/npr-how...

                                    But the new coronavirus attacks the lungs, and in about 20 percent of patients, infections can get more serious. As the virus enters lung cells, it starts to replicate, destroying the cells,...

                                    Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @calfoxwc said:

                                    The mask will keep it from getting into your lungs. it doesn't attack the eyes. Ever hear of eyes being damaged?

                                    nope. hair?

                                    nope. I change clothes, and used to take showers to make sure. The danger is letting it into your lungs.

                                    and the virus doesn't exist in air by itself. In air, it has been coughed or sneezed out. The size of water droplets containing the virus is far, far larger than the 10-80 nm. Protect your lungs. that is what it hits.

                                    **********************************************************

                                    Coronavirus: How does COVID-19 attack the human body? | UK ...

                                    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-how-does...

                                    2:26

                                    Mar 02, 2020 · How coronavirus attacks cells in the lungs. Although just around two months old, experts are slowly discovering more about COVID-19, which appears to be attacking two specific sets of cells in the ...

                                    Author: Tania Snuggs

                                    How COVID-19 kills: The new coronavirus disease can take a ...

                                    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/02/14/npr-how...

                                    But the new coronavirus attacks the lungs, and in about 20 percent of patients, infections can get more serious. As the virus enters lung cells, it starts to replicate, destroying the cells,...

                                    I get "Page can't be found"  from your links.

                                    But then what's the big deal about washing hands and disinfecting stuff.  It sounds as though the virus is harmful when it is airborne. Do people smell their fingers? Breathe in doorknobs? LOL

                                    But I did find something about the eyes.

                                    https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/coronavirus-transmission-through-eyes/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • W Westside Steve

                                      Cal if it makes you happy feel free to wear one wherever you go. 

                                      ?

                                      WSS

                                      calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                      • 64k Posts
                                      • 8k Reputation
                                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @westside-steve said:

                                      Cal if it makes you happy feel free to wear one wherever you go. 

                                      ?

                                      WSS

                                      I do. had to wear one to go to the dentist office today. could take it off while i was in the chair.

                                      and sorry, I don't know what happened to those links...

                                      https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/coronavirus-how-does-covid-19-attack-the-human-body/ar-BB10EqZe

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      Reply
                                      • Reply as topic
                                      Log in to reply
                                      • Oldest to Newest
                                      • Newest to Oldest
                                      • Most Votes


                                      Theme
                                      • System
                                      • Light
                                      • Dark
                                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Forums
                                      • Recent
                                      • Popular
                                      • Users
                                      • Donate