So long Jerry Stiller
-
-
-
Always comes in threes. First Little Richard, now Jerry Stiller. Who is next? Or, did I miss someone?
Wait...Oh yeah. Brian Dennehy.
-
no way
really ?
damn
https://www.vulture.com/2020/05/jerry-stiller-anne-meara-comedy-career.html
-
so many laughs, great career - RIP Jerry Stiller
-
-
A fitting tribute...
"Those packages of just Jerry Stiller bits on my show are so unbelievably funny. What I loved about him is he so completes the George story. When you meet the father, you go, 'Oh, now I understand why he's like that,' " Seinfeld said.
"It was the perfect finishing of the painting of George Costanza was Frank Costanza. He had the most amazing comedic stuff," said Seinfeld.
Seinfeld revealed that sometimes "we didn't know if he was planning it or it just came out that way, or he couldn't remember the line, or we didn't know what it was."
Instead of interfering, Seinfeld said the TV crew "did not want to disturb it in any way."
"We never gave Jerry Stiller a note. I never adjusted his performance once. Whatever he did, that's it. We're putting that out there," Seinfeld continued.
"I don't know why he did it like that. I don't know why he screamed on that line. It doesn't matter. It's funny. So funny. I am such a dedicated believer in if it's funny, don't touch it. I don't care why it's funny. I don't care what the line was supposed to be. He said it that way, we're doing it that way," Seinfeld added.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login