Skip to content

The Handy-dandy 2020 Browns Draft Picks Revisited Thread

The Browns Board
20 4 901 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    and, Jordan Elliot also loves the game - was team Captain.

  • Next is Jacob Phillips, LB. second pick, third round. Some "experts" think it was the reach for the Browns.

    I watch him play - and I wouldn't underestimate him. He is freaking smart and instinctive, tough as nails, and loves the game.

    A lot of folks may be surprised at how good Phillips could be. Solid character, leadership

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @calfoxwc said:

    Next is Jacob Phillips, LB. second pick, third round. Some "experts" think it was the reach for the Browns.

    I watch him play - and I wouldn't underestimate him. He is freaking smart and instinctive, tough as nails, and loves the game.

    A lot of folks may be surprised at how good Phillips could be. Solid character, leadership

    This is a nice article on Phillips - he bought his Mom a car, etc...

    here is what Phillips says about coming to the Browns:

    ***********************************************

    https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-Jacob-Phillips-buys-mom-car-on-Mothers-Day-147024960/

    "It feels great," Phillips said after being drafted. "Having the LSU connection in the NFL is something that most people probably do not have. Especially since the LSU, the group of guys there are so close, I know that those are the dudes there that will be able to take me under their wing and show me the ropes.

    "That is my brother. I love playing with him (Delpit). We made so many memories at LSU, all the years that we played together for two years. I am happy to take that next step and playing with him. I know we pushed each other at LSU so I know we are going to push each other in the league."

    *************************************************

    and Stefanski says this about Phillips:

    "We really liked the length, the speed, the ability to play in the system -- those linebackers have to run," Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said. "You see him running in that system they play down there at LSU. You see him running down the sideline going to make great tackles. Just a high-effort, high-motor guy. He just turned 21 earlier this month. So another young player we feel like we can develop."

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #12

    then there is Grant Delpit. Listen to him being interviewed - he loves the game, is coachable obviously, and has a sense of honor about him, serious competitor - very, very skilled - might end up being the best safety out of the entire draft.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #13

    seems to me, every single draft pick is going to be big on football, big on character on and off the field, they are going to be great additions to the locker room, they want to win, and be the very best they can be - it's a far finer and meaningful set of criteria they had to match up with, to be drafted by Stefanski and company. This is a really interesting interview with Delpit - it shows a lot of great things about him -

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    The thing I like most about having LSU/OSU/Bama players is having proven winners out there who know the difference between almost and get it done.

  • The thing I like most about having LSU/OSU/Bama players is having proven winners out there who know the difference between almost and get it done.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @texasag1969 said:

    The thing I like most about having LSU/OSU/Bama players is having proven winners out there who know the difference between almost and get it done.

    You mean like Barkevious MIngo, Trent Richardson, and  Brian Robiskie?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The thing I like most about having LSU/OSU/Bama players is having proven winners out there who know the difference between almost and get it done.

    You mean like Barkevious MIngo, Trent Richardson, and  Brian Robiskie?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    You mean like Barkevious MIngo, Trent Richardson, and  Brian Robiskie?

    No they are not currently on the team full of winners.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You mean like Barkevious MIngo, Trent Richardson, and  Brian Robiskie?

    No they are not currently on the team full of winners.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    No they are not currently on the team full of winners.

    We shall see 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    No they are not currently on the team full of winners.

    We shall see 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    We shall see 

    Hopefully it plays out that way.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #19

    then there is Jedrick Wills Jr. New article, pretty inspiring - I believe Wills will start at LT now.

    And that is huger than huge.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-breakdowns-what-jedrick-wills-jr-brings-to-the-table

    "With Bill Callahan, Cleveland has the perfect offensive line coach for the switch — Callahan has assisted several linemen in position changes, including seven-time Pro Bowler Tyron Smith, who switched from right to left tackle under Callahan in 2012. "

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #20

    back to Nick Harris - article dated today - this draft really brought some serious football playing talent to the Browns:

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-breakdowns-what-nick-harris-brings-to-the-table-at-center