Top Five Concerts You Attended...
-
I've wondered if the orchestra considers Beethoven's 9th or 5th as the Brown Eyed Girl of classical music?
?
WSS
I've wondered if the orchestra considers Beethoven's 9th or 5th as the Brown Eyed Girl of classical music?
?
WSS
Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture?
-
I asked my wife for her input on this question. She and I have not gone to a lot of concerts together as I was already like 29 when I met her, and most of my concert going days were over. Besides that, our musical tastes are a lot different. She would never deign to go to an Alice Cooper or Kiss concert. She would have preferred like the string haired folky bitches..There is one act that we could agree on and on her list this is the only one we went together to see.
Crosby, Stills, and Nash Blossom Music Center
But when she was in high school in Racine Wisc. apparently they would bring in acts to perform at the local YMCA for dances, and here are a couple of bands that she saw at what you could basically call "sock hops""
Buffalo Springfield
The McCoys
Her other two memorable ones were:
Moody Blues, she saw them in Milwaukee when she was in college.
Jimmy Buffet, saw him here after she moved here with her sister.
-
Oh....and FYI guys.
There once was a website that had tour dates for just about every rock act from the 60s on, but it seems to be gone now.
What I did find recently, however, is a site with a lot of dates for a lot of acts with set lists for most. It bills itself as "the setlist wiki".
Edit: This might be the disappeared tour date site, but it's both more polished and less user friendly than what I remember.
Just noticed the setlist link failed to make it into my above post.
Sorry 'bout that...
What I did find recently, however, is a site with a lot of dates for a lot of acts with set lists for most. It bills itself as "the setlist wiki".
Also thought of another Party on the Plaza player... Ohio native, Rick Derringer.
All American Boy still gets some play in this house.... Teenage Love Affair... The Airport Giveth... and, of course, Rock n Roll, Hoochie Koo. If memory serves, Rick wrote the latter for Johnny Winter, whose band he was in for a while. I saw them in the Pub Aud one winter... for free.
Johnny Winter And was opening for Mountain, who failed to make it to the gig due to weather, so all attendees received refunds... and got a full set of Johnny.
Pop Quiz: What was Rick's first commercially successful Band and what 60's song of theirs not only charted, but made it to #1? Hint: There's a Columbus, Ohio band that still plays it.
Later on Rick played with Edgar.
And now I want to say Edgar Winter Partied on the Plaza as well.... but not 100% sure of that... dammit.
-
Just noticed the setlist link failed to make it into my above post.
Sorry 'bout that...
What I did find recently, however, is a site with a lot of dates for a lot of acts with set lists for most. It bills itself as "the setlist wiki".
Also thought of another Party on the Plaza player... Ohio native, Rick Derringer.
All American Boy still gets some play in this house.... Teenage Love Affair... The Airport Giveth... and, of course, Rock n Roll, Hoochie Koo. If memory serves, Rick wrote the latter for Johnny Winter, whose band he was in for a while. I saw them in the Pub Aud one winter... for free.
Johnny Winter And was opening for Mountain, who failed to make it to the gig due to weather, so all attendees received refunds... and got a full set of Johnny.
Pop Quiz: What was Rick's first commercially successful Band and what 60's song of theirs not only charted, but made it to #1? Hint: There's a Columbus, Ohio band that still plays it.
Later on Rick played with Edgar.
And now I want to say Edgar Winter Partied on the Plaza as well.... but not 100% sure of that... dammit.
Just noticed the setlist link failed to make it into my above post.
Sorry 'bout that...
Also thought of another Party on the Plaza player... Ohio native, Rick Derringer.
All American Boy still gets some play in this house.... Teenage Love Affair... The Airport Giveth... and, of course, Rock n Roll, Hoochie Koo. If memory serves, Rick wrote the latter for Johnny Winter, whose band he was in for a while. I saw them in the Pub Aud one winter... for free.
Johnny Winter And was opening for Mountain, who failed to make it to the gig due to weather, so all attendees received refunds... and got a full set of Johnny.
Pop Quiz: What was Rick's first commercially successful Band and what 60's song of theirs not only charted, but made it to #1? Hint: There's a Columbus, Ohio band that still plays it.
Later on Rick played with Edgar.
And now I want to say Edgar Winter Partied on the Plaza as well.... but not 100% sure of that... dammit.
Uhm, Rick Derringer was a member of the McCoys which I referenced above.
-
Allman Bros 1st (seen them twice)
Local friend of mine for 40rs was Gregg Allman's manager for quite a while. In the beginning back in the 70s he was a beekeeper next to Dicky's property and had large weekend parties. We could do that back then..
Dickie, Gregg and Cher were attendees when they were in town.
Lynyrd Skynryd with the Outlaws (again twice) The Outlaws.. Another Tampa based band that was around.. Good guys
best experience (and because of gen adm) - was Montrose (opening for Robin Trower- another stoners delight) Trower and Pat Travers left their mark on me. Saw a Pat Travers/ REO dump Truck show from up close back in the 70s... Then there was Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush!!
and watching Ronnie Montrose play (up close) with such facial expression and Sammie Hagar spit while he sang .. so cool
Saw Sammy/Aerosmith/Boston in the 70s that really should have made me 70s list.. Incredible show
Saw Sammy/Aerosmith/Boston in the 70's.. Incredible Show!
That ^^^ it was ?... I've got a photo album that counts 168 shows that I've seen.. to get it to a top 5, I'll have to take a long hard look?
Zeppelin was a crazy good show also. So i can see where it hit your #1.. It was a weather perfect night in Greensboro, NC for us..
my blind early list would maybe go?
1) U2 ...... rattle & hum tour (the vocals & band never missed a beat live all night..)
2) Eagles
3) Tom Petty (Tour..check one of Tom's Cali or Fla. shows? not sure you will find it though? I've tried too)
4) Queen
5) Pink Floyd
just outside the mix? Led//Metallica//KiSS//Bowie//Bruce//Shinedown w/Queensryche Empire tour.. and i saw 2 shows at COBo hall & Toledo... Van Halen was a excellent show..and A real surprise to me was the vocals of Joe Elliott with Def Leppard on the Pyromania tour... it was spot on clean, with killer sound quality at the no longer...Toledo Sports Arena...
-
Thanks, gum...
For whatever reason just thought about concerts I've seen in medium-small venues... say with seating of 1000 - 4000 like Cleveland's Music Hall (~3k) and one of the old downtown theaters (Allen? Edit.... yes, it was) about the same. I'll spend a little time on those now... smaller, club-size venues later.
The Music Hall is where I saw Bowie, #2 on my main list. Also saw a festival seating show there when a tour originally scheduled for the PubAud was flipped to the Music Hall side of the stage. That show was James Cotton Blues Band - Boz Scaggs - Steve Miller Band, April 24, 1974. I went to see Boz, who I'd really gotten into after he left Miller and went solo. Split happened when Steve wanted to go more psychedelic(?)... Fly Like an Eagle, etc... while Boz wanted to stay true to Blues-Rock... at least until Silk Degrees. Great set by Boz... and he played with Steve as well, but left a few tunes into Steve's set, but not until after he played Livin' in the USA, the quintessential Miller track. James Cotton was an unexpected bonus. My first Alice Cooper experience was also in the Music Hall.
Can only recall one Allen Theater show... Wishbone Ash... Feb. 1, 1974. Won tickets calling into WMMS to a different, earler show, Iggy and the Stooges, but couldn't get to the station to pick up the tix, so I called the station to tell them to put the tix back up for grabs. The woman I talked to said, "No one ever does what you are doing. They simply never show up." She offered me my choice of two later shows. Wishbone's date worked better and one of my college roommates was a fan so... Great show... GREAT sound... good seats. Another group opened... Bruce somebody and some-letter Street Band. I swear I only understood the lyric "Kitty's back in town" in the entire set... but the wall of sound energy was undeniable. Wonder whatever happened to that guy?

Think I found the other concert date website I mentioned earlier... https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Concerts_Wiki
Pretty friendly... feels reasonably complete... but best of all, looks to have a lot of concert poster images. Since I started this latest wave of concert reminiscing (there's a story here as well... for another time) I've started "collecting" posters for the walls of my work-in-progress, listening room, a/k/a Mancave.
-
Saw Sammy/Aerosmith/Boston in the 70's.. Incredible Show!
That ^^^ it was ?... I've got a photo album that counts 168 shows that I've seen.. to get it to a top 5, I'll have to take a long hard look?
Zeppelin was a crazy good show also. So i can see where it hit your #1.. It was a weather perfect night in Greensboro, NC for us..
my blind early list would maybe go?
1) U2 ...... rattle & hum tour (the vocals & band never missed a beat live all night..)
2) Eagles
3) Tom Petty (Tour..check one of Tom's Cali or Fla. shows? not sure you will find it though? I've tried too)
4) Queen
5) Pink Floyd
just outside the mix? Led//Metallica//KiSS//Bowie//Bruce//Shinedown w/Queensryche Empire tour.. and i saw 2 shows at COBo hall & Toledo... Van Halen was a excellent show..and A real surprise to me was the vocals of Joe Elliott with Def Leppard on the Pyromania tour... it was spot on clean, with killer sound quality at the no longer...Toledo Sports Arena...
That ^^^ it was ?... I've got a photo album that counts 168 shows that I've seen.. to get it to a top 5, I'll have to take a long hard look?
Zeppelin was a crazy good show also. So i can see where it hit your #1.. It was a weather perfect night in Greensboro, NC for us..
my blind early list would maybe go?
1) U2 ...... rattle & hum tour (the vocals & band never missed a beat live all night..)
2) Eagles
3) Tom Petty (Tour..check one of Tom's Cali or Fla. shows? not sure you will find it though? I've tried too)
4) Queen
5) Pink Floyd
just outside the mix? Led//Metallica//KiSS//Bowie//Bruce//Shinedown w/Queensryche Empire tour.. and i saw 2 shows at COBo hall & Toledo... Van Halen was a excellent show..and A real surprise to me was the vocals of Joe Elliott with Def Leppard on the Pyromania tour... it was spot on clean, with killer sound quality at the no longer...Toledo Sports Arena...
My list was pretty much my 70s top 5
I simply can't do an overall top5.. Can't do it.. Have seen everyone from Elton to Janet to Mariah to Motely fuckin Crue. Gotta do it decade by decade..
Still working on my 80s top 5 ? But along the lines of old times.. We ran into Rick Derringer today at lunch (Demetrios, Bradenton) and it was good to see him and Jenda out and about again.. The 80s will be tough because I was largely off doing stuff I don't talk about and was largely out of the loop.. There were memorable shows tho..
-
Oddly enough I'm not a huge fan of big concerts even though I've been to a fair number of them. Just a pain in the ass involved especially the distance involved with anything except front row seats. And I hate having to be seated behind assholes that insist on standing up the entire show. These days if I want to go to a concert I spend the big deal for front row seats.
I have seen the who three times all with Keith Moon. I've seen The Moody Blues a few times and always enjoyed them.. Frank Sinatra had Sammy Davis jr. At the Coliseum was an incredible performance and so was Barry Manilow. He put on a slick professional show pact with a thousand hits. And even though I have now seen him 6 times Alice Cooper's show at the Civic Theater recently which one of the best put together and best sounding concerts I've ever seen. I could easily put the raspberries on that list has to Gipper said we were there at the Cyrus Erie.
Some others I've really enjoyed include Paul McCartney and Wings but again it's hard to see anything in a big place. I loved Asia the Kinks Simon & Garfunkel Southside Johnny always puts on an excellent show the Stones Procol Harum and Springsteen's solo show The Ghost of Tom Joad tour and probably some more that have slipped my mind.
I was disappointed by Meatloaf who has lost his voice I think forever. It broke my heart to see one of the generations Premiere voices in such bad shape. And I was pissed off by the Cleveland Orchestra who left Hall of the Mountain King out of their performance of the Peer Gynt Suite.
WSS
Oddly enough I'm not a huge fan of big concerts even though I've been to a fair number of them. Just a pain in the ass involved especially the distance involved with anything except front row seats. And I hate having to be seated behind assholes that insist on standing up the entire show. These days if I want to go to a concert I spend the big deal for front row seats.
I have seen the who three times all with Keith Moon. I've seen The Moody Blues a few times and always enjoyed them.. Frank Sinatra had Sammy Davis jr. At the Coliseum was an incredible performance and so was Barry Manilow. He put on a slick professional show pact with a thousand hits. And even though I have now seen him 6 times Alice Cooper's show at the Civic Theater recently which one of the best put together and best sounding concerts I've ever seen. I could easily put the raspberries on that list has to Gipper said we were there at the Cyrus Erie.
Some others I've really enjoyed include Paul McCartney and Wings but again it's hard to see anything in a big place. I loved Asia the Kinks Simon & Garfunkel Southside Johnny always puts on an excellent show the Stones Procol Harum and Springsteen's solo show The Ghost of Tom Joad tour and probably some more that have slipped my mind.
I was disappointed by Meatloaf who has lost his voice I think forever. It broke my heart to see one of the generations Premiere voices in such bad shape. And I was pissed off by the Cleveland Orchestra who left Hall of the Mountain King out of their performance of the Peer Gynt Suite.
WSS
I did see Meatloaf at Blossom. Still pretty much in his prime. Voice still full throttle.
I think Kid Leo did the part of the Phil Rizzuto narration on Paradise by the Dashboard Light.
-
Maybe we should also list the 5 worst/most disappointing concerts we have been to.
I know what #1 on my list is: Wayne Newton. Went to see him in 1995 when in Las Vegas. I mean, in those days that is what you were supposed to do, see Wayne Newton in Las Vegas. He was horrific. His voice was terrible. He was terrible. Just an awful performance. He would make wholly offensive racial comments. Nothing he said was funny. None of the songs were any good. My wife and I left. We did not even stick around to see him perform the one song that may have been OK: Dunke schoen. WE could not stand him.
I suppose there have been a few other disappointments, but none that stand out on my mind as much as that one.
-
Maybe we should also list the 5 worst/most disappointing concerts we have been to.
I know what #1 on my list is: Wayne Newton. Went to see him in 1995 when in Las Vegas. I mean, in those days that is what you were supposed to do, see Wayne Newton in Las Vegas. He was horrific. His voice was terrible. He was terrible. Just an awful performance. He would make wholly offensive racial comments. Nothing he said was funny. None of the songs were any good. My wife and I left. We did not even stick around to see him perform the one song that may have been OK: Dunke schoen. WE could not stand him.
I suppose there have been a few other disappointments, but none that stand out on my mind as much as that one.
Maybe we should also list the 5 worst/most disappointing concerts we have been to.
I know what #1 on my list is: Wayne Newton. Went to see him in 1995 when in Las Vegas. I mean, in those days that is what you were supposed to do, see Wayne Newton in Las Vegas. He was horrific. His voice was terrible. He was terrible. Just an awful performance. He would make wholly offensive racial comments. Nothing he said was funny. None of the songs were any good. My wife and I left. We did not even stick around to see him perform the one song that may have been OK: Dunke schoen. WE could not stand him.
I suppose there have been a few other disappointments, but none that stand out on my mind as much as that one.
Frankly that's the first time I've heard a negative review of a Wayne Newton show. I haven't seen it so I can't agree or disagree with your opinion, it's just not very specific. But something like none of the songs were any good just means they weren't songs that you particularly cared for I guess.
WSS
-
Maybe we should also list the 5 worst/most disappointing concerts we have been to.
I know what #1 on my list is: Wayne Newton. Went to see him in 1995 when in Las Vegas. I mean, in those days that is what you were supposed to do, see Wayne Newton in Las Vegas. He was horrific. His voice was terrible. He was terrible. Just an awful performance. He would make wholly offensive racial comments. Nothing he said was funny. None of the songs were any good. My wife and I left. We did not even stick around to see him perform the one song that may have been OK: Dunke schoen. WE could not stand him.
I suppose there have been a few other disappointments, but none that stand out on my mind as much as that one.
Frankly that's the first time I've heard a negative review of a Wayne Newton show. I haven't seen it so I can't agree or disagree with your opinion, it's just not very specific. But something like none of the songs were any good just means they weren't songs that you particularly cared for I guess.
WSS
Frankly that's the first time I've heard a negative review of a Wayne Newton show. I haven't seen it so I can't agree or disagree with your opinion, it's just not very specific. But something like none of the songs were any good just means they weren't songs that you particularly cared for I guess.
WSS
It had nothing whatsoever to do with the song choices. It was his inability to execute them, and his between song mannerisms and commentary. You know me, I think I have maybe walked out of one movie ever in my life. We walked out of there. I just had no desire to continue to listen to him.
-
Frankly that's the first time I've heard a negative review of a Wayne Newton show. I haven't seen it so I can't agree or disagree with your opinion, it's just not very specific. But something like none of the songs were any good just means they weren't songs that you particularly cared for I guess.
WSS
It had nothing whatsoever to do with the song choices. It was his inability to execute them, and his between song mannerisms and commentary. You know me, I think I have maybe walked out of one movie ever in my life. We walked out of there. I just had no desire to continue to listen to him.
It had nothing whatsoever to do with the song choices. It was his inability to execute them, and his between song mannerisms and commentary. You know me, I think I have maybe walked out of one movie ever in my life. We walked out of there. I just had no desire to continue to listen to him.
Just going by what you said that none of the songs were any good. Have any examples of that offensively racist batter? Michael Richards? Richard Pryor?
WSS
-
It had nothing whatsoever to do with the song choices. It was his inability to execute them, and his between song mannerisms and commentary. You know me, I think I have maybe walked out of one movie ever in my life. We walked out of there. I just had no desire to continue to listen to him.
Just going by what you said that none of the songs were any good. Have any examples of that offensively racist batter? Michael Richards? Richard Pryor?
WSS
Just going by what you said that none of the songs were any good. Have any examples of that offensively racist batter? Michael Richards? Richard Pryor?
WSS
Well, when I said the songs were not good, I meant his rendition was not good. Recall what you said about how Meat Loaf's voice went south....that is basically the case here. He just could not sing. As for the offensive part, I don't recall specifics (It was 1995) despite being partially Native American himself (don't recall what tribe), or maybe because he is part NA, he was, to my mind then, making wholly insulting remarks about his heritage. It was like "Dude, WTF are you talking about? Just shut up." Maybe he thought it was funny. It wasn't.
-
Saw Sammy/Aerosmith/Boston in the 70's.. Incredible Show!
That ^^^ it was ?... I've got a photo album that counts 168 shows that I've seen.. to get it to a top 5, I'll have to take a long hard look?
Zeppelin was a crazy good show also. So i can see where it hit your #1.. It was a weather perfect night in Greensboro, NC for us..
my blind early list would maybe go?
1) U2 ...... rattle & hum tour (the vocals & band never missed a beat live all night..)
2) Eagles
3) Tom Petty (Tour..check one of Tom's Cali or Fla. shows? not sure you will find it though? I've tried too)
4) Queen
5) Pink Floyd
just outside the mix? Led//Metallica//KiSS//Bowie//Bruce//Shinedown w/Queensryche Empire tour.. and i saw 2 shows at COBo hall & Toledo... Van Halen was a excellent show..and A real surprise to me was the vocals of Joe Elliott with Def Leppard on the Pyromania tour... it was spot on clean, with killer sound quality at the no longer...Toledo Sports Arena...
-
That ^^^ it was ?... I've got a photo album that counts 168 shows that I've seen.. to get it to a top 5, I'll have to take a long hard look?
Zeppelin was a crazy good show also. So i can see where it hit your #1.. It was a weather perfect night in Greensboro, NC for us..
my blind early list would maybe go?
1) U2 ...... rattle & hum tour (the vocals & band never missed a beat live all night..)
2) Eagles
3) Tom Petty (Tour..check one of Tom's Cali or Fla. shows? not sure you will find it though? I've tried too)
4) Queen
5) Pink Floyd
just outside the mix? Led//Metallica//KiSS//Bowie//Bruce//Shinedown w/Queensryche Empire tour.. and i saw 2 shows at COBo hall & Toledo... Van Halen was a excellent show..and A real surprise to me was the vocals of Joe Elliott with Def Leppard on the Pyromania tour... it was spot on clean, with killer sound quality at the no longer...Toledo Sports Arena...
My list was pretty much my 70s top 5
I simply can't do an overall top5.. Can't do it.. Have seen everyone from Elton to Janet to Mariah to Motely fuckin Crue. Gotta do it decade by decade..
Still working on my 80s top 5 ? But along the lines of old times.. We ran into Rick Derringer today at lunch (Demetrios, Bradenton) and it was good to see him and Jenda out and about again.. The 80s will be tough because I was largely off doing stuff I don't talk about and was largely out of the loop.. There were memorable shows tho..
-
Neil Young with suicidal tendencies and Sonic Youth
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club with the Black Angels
Plant and Page if was fucking awesome when they came out of Night Flight into Break on Through to the otherside
Claypool Lennon Delirium ,Lennon talking about if your fingers could smell like a octopuses
Monster Magnet
-
I’ve seen about 300 or so concerts. Might be more, might be less.
Metallica April 9th 1986. Before Cliff died
All others don’t compare.
And I’ve seen them all -
Well... since I can't compete with the concert totals being posted unless I also add the roller coasters I've ridden... about 150...
it feels like time to name some memorable, smaller venue shows... those with crowds of 1000 or less.
In addition to the Party on the Plaza series I've mentioned with ~1000 attending here's a couple ...
Buzzy Linhart at The Smiling Dog Saloon circa 1973 - Buzzy was a bit of a local legend. He was almost famous in two areas: greater Cleveland and NYC. Most remembered for writing The Love's Still Growing (Carly Simon) and You've Got to Have Friends (Bette Midler) Buzzy was a warm, troubled man and a great, playful, live act moving from guitar to xylophone and back often in the same song. Smiling Dog was a great place to see him and meet him between sets. Saw him one other time in a long, thin downtown club with the stage high above us on a 2nd floor... terrible venue in general that robbed Buzzy of his greatest asset, his personality. Sadly Buzzy left us a couple years ago.
Hamilton Loomis at various Galveston and Houston area clubs over the past 20 years - Loomis, a blues-based guitar-slinger, came out of Galveston under the mentorship of Bo Diddley among other blues-rock legends. In all I've seen Ham around a half-dozen times and own about the same out of his 8 CDs and counting. His shows are always fun, and always include a table walk and at least one rock medley where he dups famous rock riffs from Page to Jimi to Eric to SRV to... all with ease. Ham tours almost constantly in normal times all over the states with the occasional Europe tour as well. If he comes your way, I encourage you to check him out. Dates can be found here: hamiltonloomis.com . Here's a taste of one of my fav's...
Little Charlie and the Nightcats in Pat and Pete's Bon Ton Room, Houston, TX, circa 1996 - Fun evening in which I barely understood a single lyric... so I bought their Captured Live CD, and that did help. While not in a regular rotation, it's still playable... and fun... with their leading the way.
Kenny Wayne Shepard at a now defunct, formerly annual, East Texas Art and (later) Music Fest that ran from the early-90sthru the mid-2010s - A lot of great acts played this event thru the years including The Fabulous T-birds, The Black Crows, Leon Russell, Joe Ely and Eddie Money. I saw all them. KWS played one of the last, if not the last, shows in the series. The wife was a big fan while I was luke-warm on him at best, but this was a great evening, albeit a wet one due to a series of showers moving thru the area. Kenny had turned over much of the vocal duties to a frontman vocalist, who, if anything, had too good of a voice for the Blues, but it freed Kenny to pick and choose his vocals and do what he did bast... play guitar. IIRC Blue Oyster Cult was cancelled the prior nite by severe storm warnings... which did materialize in force.
Two more... both vying for the best of all the smalls...
"A Benefit Concert for Jimmy Don Smith" at (somebody's) Backstage Club, Missouri City, TX circa 1990... Jimmy Don was a DFW area musician and session player who died of cancer and left a mountain of bills. Various artists played dates in Texas' big metropolitan areas to raise funds. I attended this show southwest of Houston proper and thru a series of events ended up at the club owner's table (sorry for not remembering your name...). The lineup donating its time this nite included: Bonnie Raitt, Delbert McClinton, Fab T-birds' Kim Wilson and Jimmie Ray Vaughn, local Houston-legend Shake Russell and more.
Bonnie Raitt and Little Feat(?)... yup... and the Feat... CWRU's Fall Weekends in Adelbert Gym ('71) and Strosacker Auditorium ('72). This was Lowell George-powered Feat on the rise from Sailin' Shoes to Dixie Chicken opening with a full set of their own and then staying on to back up a young Bonnie still deep in her Blues roots. The Auditorium's sound was better, but it's relatively sanitized look and feel made the Gym's show more memorable. Both were great, however, and really belong in my top five of any size.
-
Just noticed the setlist link failed to make it into my above post.
Sorry 'bout that...
What I did find recently, however, is a site with a lot of dates for a lot of acts with set lists for most. It bills itself as "the setlist wiki".
Also thought of another Party on the Plaza player... Ohio native, Rick Derringer.
All American Boy still gets some play in this house.... Teenage Love Affair... The Airport Giveth... and, of course, Rock n Roll, Hoochie Koo. If memory serves, Rick wrote the latter for Johnny Winter, whose band he was in for a while. I saw them in the Pub Aud one winter... for free.
Johnny Winter And was opening for Mountain, who failed to make it to the gig due to weather, so all attendees received refunds... and got a full set of Johnny.
Pop Quiz: What was Rick's first commercially successful Band and what 60's song of theirs not only charted, but made it to #1? Hint: There's a Columbus, Ohio band that still plays it.
Later on Rick played with Edgar.
And now I want to say Edgar Winter Partied on the Plaza as well.... but not 100% sure of that... dammit.
Just noticed the setlist link failed to make it into my above post.
Sorry 'bout that...
Also thought of another Party on the Plaza player... Ohio native, Rick Derringer.
All American Boy still gets some play in this house.... Teenage Love Affair... The Airport Giveth... and, of course, Rock n Roll, Hoochie Koo. If memory serves, Rick wrote the latter for Johnny Winter, whose band he was in for a while. I saw them in the Pub Aud one winter... for free.
Johnny Winter And was opening for Mountain, who failed to make it to the gig due to weather, so all attendees received refunds... and got a full set of Johnny.
Pop Quiz: What was Rick's first commercially successful Band and what 60's song of theirs not only charted, but made it to #1? Hint: There's a Columbus, Ohio band that still plays it.
Later on Rick played with Edgar.
And now I want to say Edgar Winter Partied on the Plaza as well.... but not 100% sure of that... dammit.
last time i saw Rick was at heinygate for ttun vs The Ohio State Buckeyes good times man
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login