Martinez trade talks
-
Sorry bro, Twitter is gay. They boast their millions of users, but what their marketing team fails to disclose is 60%, yes 60%, of all users quit using it after 30 days. There is a reason for that. That number will continue to rise.
I don't disagree. The people using it as a personal site just randomly saying what their plan for the day is...shouldn't last longer than a year. But in terms of using it for instant news, updates, rumors...it could be a revolution. I first heard about everything that happened at the trade deadline through twitter. Just have to know who's worth following.
-
Sorry bro, Twitter is gay. They boast their millions of users, but what their marketing team fails to disclose is 60%, yes 60%, of all users quit using it after 30 days. There is a reason for that. That number will continue to rise.
I don't disagree. The people using it as a personal site just randomly saying what their plan for the day is...shouldn't last longer than a year. But in terms of using it for instant news, updates, rumors...it could be a revolution. I first heard about everything that happened at the trade deadline through twitter. Just have to know who's worth following.
I don't disagree. The people using it as a personal site just randomly saying what their plan for the day is...shouldn't last longer than a year. But in terms of using it for instant news, updates, rumors...it could be a revolution. I first heard about everything that happened at the trade deadline through twitter. Just have to know who's worth following.
Yea if you wait 10 minutes you can get those same updates on the web. Yea, I can see the use for it for business and media outlets, sure. But for the other 90% of users telling me they just took a shit, Twitter is just more proof of these bitches yelling ME, ME, ME. Believe me dude, I am a web and design guy and embrace technology, but personal Twitter usage is for 11 year old girls.
You want to see an actual useful site, as least for designers. Here. LINK
-
I was slow to come around...but I'm definitely on the twitter wagon these days..
Sorry bro, Twitter is gay. They boast their millions of users, but what their marketing team fails to disclose is 60%, yes 60%, of all users quit using it after 30 days. There is a reason for that. That number will continue to rise.
Sorry bro, Twitter is gay. They boast their millions of users, but what their marketing team fails to disclose is 60%, yes 60%, of all users quit using it after 30 days. There is a reason for that. That number will continue to rise.
Wow bro, I think you're incredibly naive if you think Twitter is simply a fad - or gay, vocabularies vary from house to cave.
There most certainly is a reason why two-thirds of the users quit using it after thirty days - they're not at all interesting - self-importance be damned. But there's a ton of potential for the x% of users who happen to be interesting. Simmons, I think, said it well in his interview with mediaite:
3. What’s the biggest story the media has missed this year?
The potential of Twitter. Old-school media doesn’t get Twitter at all. A lot of people still think it’s a fad and it’s totally not a fad. Cocaine was a fad. The Osbournes were a fad. Auto-asphyxiation was a fad…. well, unless you were David Carradine. If anything I think we are just scratching the surface of Twitter for better and worse: it started breaking stories last spring and over everything else, that’s why it won’t go away. Now reporters are posting scoops on Twitter before they send the finished stories into their employers. People are not seeing what is happening here. Facebook is a social network; Twitter is a media/marketing vehicle disguised as a social network.
http://www.mediaite.com/columnists/5qq-bill-simmons/
Beanpot
-
I don't disagree. The people using it as a personal site just randomly saying what their plan for the day is...shouldn't last longer than a year. But in terms of using it for instant news, updates, rumors...it could be a revolution. I first heard about everything that happened at the trade deadline through twitter. Just have to know who's worth following.
Yea if you wait 10 minutes you can get those same updates on the web. Yea, I can see the use for it for business and media outlets, sure. But for the other 90% of users telling me they just took a shit, Twitter is just more proof of these bitches yelling ME, ME, ME. Believe me dude, I am a web and design guy and embrace technology, but personal Twitter usage is for 11 year old girls.
You want to see an actual useful site, as least for designers. Here. LINK
But for the other 90% of users telling me they just took a shit, Twitter is just more proof of these bitches yelling ME, ME, ME.
Sorry, I just saw this post after I replied to your earlier post.
I think we're in complete agreement about Twitter. ME, ME, ME is *exactly* right about most of the twitters/tweeters.
Beanpot
-
Tweet, tweet!

This could well change the landscape of this twitter thingy.
http://bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=125
Beanpot
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login