Skip to content

Bad movies we love

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
15 7 822 1
  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Strange brew for me too    coooloookuukuu coooloookuku ?

  • Strange brew for me too    coooloookuukuu coooloookuku ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @fairhooker11 said:

    Strange brew for me too    coooloookuukuu coooloookuku ?

    I always liked Strange Brew....but I had  never heard that it was considered a "bad movie".  

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Up THE CREEK Shoddyof ANIMAL HOUSE rip off starring Tim Matheson based around to Whitewater raft race or some bullshit of that sort but had some laugh out loud funny parts. Some people like PORKY'S but I thought it was a piece of shit and I hated it too.

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    What's Up Tiger Lily?

    Woody Allen buys the rights to a low budget, Japanese spy flick and "dubs" his own script into it.

    First time I saw it I was stoned and it was hilarious. Second time... straight... still funny, but not quite so much. Except when he gives a bartender (who inexplicably has a kive chicken under the bar) a Peter Lorre accent plus a few other moments.

  • What's Up Tiger Lily?

    Woody Allen buys the rights to a low budget, Japanese spy flick and "dubs" his own script into it.

    First time I saw it I was stoned and it was hilarious. Second time... straight... still funny, but not quite so much. Except when he gives a bartender (who inexplicably has a kive chicken under the bar) a Peter Lorre accent plus a few other moments.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tour2ma said:

    What's Up Tiger Lily?

    Woody Allen buys the rights to a low budget, Japanese spy flick and "dubs" his own script into it.

    First time I saw it I was stoned and it was hilarious. Second time... straight... still funny, but not quite so much. Except when he gives a bartender (who inexplicably has a kive chicken under the bar) a Peter Lorre accent plus a few other moments.

    Love it and own the Lovin Spoonful soundtrack.

    WSS

  • @fairhooker11 said:

    Strange brew for me too    coooloookuukuu coooloookuku ?

    I always liked Strange Brew....but I had  never heard that it was considered a "bad movie".  

    F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-gipper said:

    I always liked Strange Brew....but I had  never heard that it was considered a "bad movie".  

    yea ok-  but the opening scene!  (really comedic genius)

    @the-gipper said:

     
     
    ✌️
     

    I happen to like both  The Postman and Waterworld.  Two Costner Movies that got slammed pretty hard.  

    Waterworld was basically  "Road Warrior on Water". 

    and I thought Robin Hood was ok  too - it had some Brian Adams music 

  • STEAMROLLER!!! You hoser...

    Laughed my ass off first time I saw Strange Brew. Wasn't expecting to as I was never a SCTV fan, but couldn't help it. And I loved the casting of Max von Sydow was brilliant. Why he'd appear in such a film always escaped me, but glad he did.

    Recently learned of Max's passing in March of this year. So many rolls even more memorable than Brew.

    =======================================================================================================

    When I think of bad films I love, a/k/a "guilty pleasures", my first thought always turns to Big Trouble in Little China and Russell's Jack "It's all in the reflexes" Burton. Add in a young Kim Cattrall, a handful of Asian-heritage actors you know you've seen in "a few other movies", a magic potion or two... then shake well... and there it is.

    Next one in line varies, but Road House is always in the pack.

    My wife would kill me if I did not give a shoutout to Sharknado... although for me... nah... not in my pack. Something disqualifying about a movie that is intentionally bad. Maybe I'm a bad movie purest... 😉

    One that I originally paid to see and hated, but have since warmed to (a worthy subset?) due to a couple HBO viewings is Mars Attacks. So maybe out-of-pocket cost is a factor...

    Anaconda makes it mostly on the back of J-Lo, but it's the regurgitated Voight at the end of his over-the-top performance that cements this selection.

    Enough for now, but feels like there has to be at least one Schwarzenegger entry for the list to be legit... maybe Total Recall, but it was pretty good at the time. Its FXs have just suffered badly with time... although they sure as hell did not help the remake. So maybe the remake is the one... but that means finding another Ahnold flick.

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by ATOM
    #10

    @tour2ma said:

    STEAMROLLER!!! You hoser...

    Laughed my ass off first time I saw Strange Brew. Wasn't expecting to as I was never a SCTV fan, but couldn't help it. And I loved the casting of Max von Sydow was brilliant. Why he'd appear in such a film always escaped me, but glad he did.

    Recently learned of Max's passing in March of this year. So many rolls even more memorable than Brew.

    =======================================================================================================

    When I think of bad films I love, a/k/a "guilty pleasures", my first thought always turns to Big Trouble in Little China and Russell's Jack "It's all in the reflexes" Burton. Add in a young Kim Cattrall, a handful of Asian-heritage actors you know you've seen in "a few other movies", a magic potion or two... then shake well... and there it is.

    Next one in line varies, but Road House is always in the pack.

    My wife would kill me if I did not give a shoutout to Sharknado... although for me... nah... not in my pack. Something disqualifying about a movie that is intentionally bad. Maybe I'm a bad movie purest... 😉

    One that I originally paid to see and hated, but have since warmed to (a worthy subset?) due to a couple HBO viewings is Mars Attacks. So maybe out-of-pocket cost is a factor...

    Anaconda makes it mostly on the back of J-Lo, but it's the regurgitated Voight at the end of his over-the-top performance that cements this selection.

    Enough for now, but feels like there has to be at least one Schwarzenegger entry for the list to be legit... maybe Total Recall, but it was pretty good at the time. Its FXs have just suffered badly with time... although they sure as hell did not help the remake. So maybe the remake is the one... but that means finding another Ahnold flick.

    SCTV I never knew that the guy who played Saul in breaking bad was a member 

    Bad movies ? some say Bar Fly but i love that movie and Nomads with Adam Ant

  • @tour2ma said:

    STEAMROLLER!!! You hoser...

    Laughed my ass off first time I saw Strange Brew. Wasn't expecting to as I was never a SCTV fan, but couldn't help it. And I loved the casting of Max von Sydow was brilliant. Why he'd appear in such a film always escaped me, but glad he did.

    Recently learned of Max's passing in March of this year. So many rolls even more memorable than Brew.

    =======================================================================================================

    When I think of bad films I love, a/k/a "guilty pleasures", my first thought always turns to Big Trouble in Little China and Russell's Jack "It's all in the reflexes" Burton. Add in a young Kim Cattrall, a handful of Asian-heritage actors you know you've seen in "a few other movies", a magic potion or two... then shake well... and there it is.

    Next one in line varies, but Road House is always in the pack.

    My wife would kill me if I did not give a shoutout to Sharknado... although for me... nah... not in my pack. Something disqualifying about a movie that is intentionally bad. Maybe I'm a bad movie purest... 😉

    One that I originally paid to see and hated, but have since warmed to (a worthy subset?) due to a couple HBO viewings is Mars Attacks. So maybe out-of-pocket cost is a factor...

    Anaconda makes it mostly on the back of J-Lo, but it's the regurgitated Voight at the end of his over-the-top performance that cements this selection.

    Enough for now, but feels like there has to be at least one Schwarzenegger entry for the list to be legit... maybe Total Recall, but it was pretty good at the time. Its FXs have just suffered badly with time... although they sure as hell did not help the remake. So maybe the remake is the one... but that means finding another Ahnold flick.

    SCTV I never knew that the guy who played Saul in breaking bad was a member 

    Bad movies ? some say Bar Fly but i love that movie and Nomads with Adam Ant

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @atom said:

    some say Bar Fly but i love that movie and Nomads with Adam Ant

    Only saw Barfly once, but don't remember it being "bad"either...

    Mickey Rourke was "hot" back then and while Faye Dunaway's star had faded some, she could still act. It just wasn't a very "comfortable" film to watch... not Blue Velvet uncomfortable, but not an easy one.

    Never saw Nomads.... but Adam Ant? Pretty bad there...

    I know I wasted ~$6 on Friend or Foe once upon a time.

    Goody Goody Two Shoes? WTF was I thinking?

  • @tour2ma said:

    STEAMROLLER!!! You hoser...

    Laughed my ass off first time I saw Strange Brew. Wasn't expecting to as I was never a SCTV fan, but couldn't help it. And I loved the casting of Max von Sydow was brilliant. Why he'd appear in such a film always escaped me, but glad he did.

    Recently learned of Max's passing in March of this year. So many rolls even more memorable than Brew.

    =======================================================================================================

    When I think of bad films I love, a/k/a "guilty pleasures", my first thought always turns to Big Trouble in Little China and Russell's Jack "It's all in the reflexes" Burton. Add in a young Kim Cattrall, a handful of Asian-heritage actors you know you've seen in "a few other movies", a magic potion or two... then shake well... and there it is.

    Next one in line varies, but Road House is always in the pack.

    My wife would kill me if I did not give a shoutout to Sharknado... although for me... nah... not in my pack. Something disqualifying about a movie that is intentionally bad. Maybe I'm a bad movie purest... 😉

    One that I originally paid to see and hated, but have since warmed to (a worthy subset?) due to a couple HBO viewings is Mars Attacks. So maybe out-of-pocket cost is a factor...

    Anaconda makes it mostly on the back of J-Lo, but it's the regurgitated Voight at the end of his over-the-top performance that cements this selection.

    Enough for now, but feels like there has to be at least one Schwarzenegger entry for the list to be legit... maybe Total Recall, but it was pretty good at the time. Its FXs have just suffered badly with time... although they sure as hell did not help the remake. So maybe the remake is the one... but that means finding another Ahnold flick.

    SCTV I never knew that the guy who played Saul in breaking bad was a member 

    Bad movies ? some say Bar Fly but i love that movie and Nomads with Adam Ant

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #12

    @atom said:

    SCTV I never knew that the guy who played Saul in breaking bad was a member 

    I believe you are thinking of Chicago's Second City Improv...  which Saul did come out of about the same time as Stephen Colbert and IIRC Steve Carrell.

    Back in the seventies it gave us most of the original SNL cast.

    SCTV was a 70s/80s skit comedy show that came from "The Great White North", a/k/a the Canadian Broadcast Corporation. It was kinda their answer to SNL.

    One recurring skit was the McKenzie Brothers' Great White North, which gave birth to Strange Brew.

    image.png.bc83d2d3ec269c848b86caf4358d44e2.png

  • @tour2ma said:

    What's Up Tiger Lily?

    Woody Allen buys the rights to a low budget, Japanese spy flick and "dubs" his own script into it.

    First time I saw it I was stoned and it was hilarious. Second time... straight... still funny, but not quite so much. Except when he gives a bartender (who inexplicably has a kive chicken under the bar) a Peter Lorre accent plus a few other moments.

    Love it and own the Lovin Spoonful soundtrack.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @westside-steve said:

    Love it and own the Lovin Spoonful soundtrack.

    Sitting here chuckling as I remember... "Saracen dog! Saxon pig!"

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Sleeper-Woody Allen.....I always thought it was dumb.. yet funny at the same time...

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Spinal Tap..