Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Great Interview on JRE - Daryl Davis

Great Interview on JRE - Daryl Davis

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
5 Posts 3 Posters 175 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
    • 33k Posts
    • 3k Reputation
    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #1

    No spam. No troll. 

    Older interview I'm just listening to now

    This man is a hell of a storyteller and the subject matter is very interesting (I'll save my opinions on it for now)

    Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • htownbrown htownbrownH Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 685 Reputation
      htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Rogan is moving to Spotify, exclusively now.

      The YouTube gestspo apparently pissed him off for the last time.

      I heard this guy on a Ted talk once.  Interesting story, i guess.  Not to knock the story, but at this point the KKK is, for all intents and purposes, dead.  In my lifetime, I've never even met a person that knew a member.  Joe Exotic has like 50x more tigers than they have members.  Whoopty doo.

      I'll watch the video later though, as I'm sure it's a pretty expanded version of what I've already heard.

      “It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.”
      MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • htownbrownH htownbrown

        Rogan is moving to Spotify, exclusively now.

        The YouTube gestspo apparently pissed him off for the last time.

        I heard this guy on a Ted talk once.  Interesting story, i guess.  Not to knock the story, but at this point the KKK is, for all intents and purposes, dead.  In my lifetime, I've never even met a person that knew a member.  Joe Exotic has like 50x more tigers than they have members.  Whoopty doo.

        I'll watch the video later though, as I'm sure it's a pretty expanded version of what I've already heard.

        MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
        • 33k Posts
        • 3k Reputation
        MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @htownbrown said:

        Rogan is moving to Spotify, exclusively now.

        The YouTube gestspo apparently pissed him off for the last time.

        I heard this guy on a Ted talk once.  Interesting story, i guess.  Not to knock the story, but at this point the KKK is, for all intents and purposes, dead.  In my lifetime, I've never even met a person that knew a member.  Joe Exotic has like 50x more tigers than they have members.  Whoopty doo.

        I'll watch the video later though, as I'm sure it's a pretty expanded version of what I've already heard.

        Not a regular listener to Rogan or anything but I heard the Spotify news too. Starts 2021. Spotify must have dropped a truckload of cash. I doubt it is some fight against youtube censorship like some on here like to go on about (while linking to a youtube video talking about the censorship, ironically enough). Just like streaming platforms locked up exclusive deals with video game streamers other media platforms will lock down their creators. 

        The video I posted is the full 2.5  hour interview. It includes his story on how this all started back in the early 80's. I think what he has to say and what he's experienced is more prevalent now than you'd think. We have plenty of examples in recent years, months, weeks to show this isn't dead.

        Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
          • 33k Posts
          • 3k Reputation
          MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Putting there here before I peace out for a bit

          This will probably get some riled up on here. I'll start by saying I'm not calling anyone a klan member, nazi, etc

          I do see a lot of similarities in the structure of the points the KKK member is making (as told by Daryl) to posts and articles I've seen on here:

          "___ are lazy"

          "___ are stupid"

          "___ commit all of the crime"

          etc

          Now a racist/KKK member will fill that blank in with blacks. It is brought about by the KKK member's own ignorance and lack of exposure to others that are different than him. 

          But how often do we hear "liberals" are lazy or "liberals" commit the crime? I mean yes, sometimes posters (or poster) post just straight up racist shit (and they've been emboldened by Trump and other recent events, which is no surprise), but what they're going on about and how they're doing it, in an attempt to undermine others, is set up very similarly. 

          He also made a point that these hate groups are rebranding as they lose members by putting a bad taste in their mouth (KKK tied to lynching, murders, so the become White Separatists) but still really hold a lot of the same ideas. That now leads to the White Nationalist movement, Charlottesville, etc. 

          Just a really interesting interview and elements of the ignorance displayed by those Daryl conversed with are seen in stuff that has been posted here (either directly or linked). In Daryl's case, he was incredibly patient and had to personal skills to convert those filled with hate. 

          Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            one nut hater is the same as everybody on earth who greta woodpecka doesn't like.

            go figure. who would have thought he'd act like this...again? and again? and again? and...etc etc

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate