Challenge For DA Fans
-
I found this article...I am posting only the second half as the first half is just talking about the writer and his belief in Quinn as the starter...but that being said, I think the challenge is fair and I would like to see some responses that follow the guidelines. Please refrain from Quinn pimping here. This is strictly a DA thread. NO QUINN ALLOWED!
Writer's Challenge For Cleveland Browns Fans Who Support DA
by Erin McLaughlin (Columnist)
Erin McLaughlin
Over the months I was looking for intelligent debates on the subject. I knew that there were still some fans who support DA. I am disappointed that I have yet to see a case for DA that doesn't involve Quinn bashing or excuses.
I have been asking for months for a solid case for Anderson and I have yet to get it. I have made no secret that I don't think their should be a quarterback competition. The reason is that I cannot think of any reason to go with Anderson and I want to see Quinn play.
My biggest issues with Anderson are his inconsistency, turnovers, and lack of leadership. That is based on almost two seasons starting and his college career. Therefore, that criticism is more justified. It is based on what I have seen him do not me thinking I know who will or won't be good in the NFL.
At the end of the day I cannot think of any case for Anderson being the starter. I have asked for it on many occasions. So far I have gotten Quinn bashing and excuses.
One excuse is the typical Braylon Edwards dropping passes argument. That holds no water because he dropped about the same number in 2007. The one I remember is the one against the 49ers when Quinn hit him in the endzone in his first ever NFL drive.
The dropping passes argument just doesn't work. That same receiever bailed DA out on many occasions when the ball wasn't perfect.
The other one is poor weather conditions. This is Cleveland and a quarterback has to be able to perform in bad weather. Tom Brady, Ben Rothliesberger, and Donovan McNabb all perform in miserable weather. So here is another excuse that doesn't work.
So my challenge to the fans who support DA is to write an article that makes a solid case for him. That article should follow this criteria:
1. No Quinn bashing. That means nothing that is even remotely negative about Brady Quinn. Simply focus on building Anderson up.
2. No Excuses. That means no blaming Braylon Edwards, no lame weather comments, and no blaming the line, etc.
That is the challenge I present to Browns fans who support DA. Write your article and send me the link. I would love to see it.
So...to be fair....here is my stab at it:
1. DA's arm will force teams to cover deep...thereby opening up the running lanes
2. DA's arm allows him to get the ball to receivers faster...allowing for less separation from defenders
3. DA's experience against NFL defenses allows him to 'recognize' instead of react
4. DA has proven that with the right pieces around him he can put points on the board
5. DA has forged a relationship with the starters over the past 2 years
6. DA is only 26 and in his 3rd year starting...many QB's (and players) come into their own around that time
There....no mention of anybody but DA...and 6 valid points.
Now, have a go.
(personally, not buying what I just tried to sell...I think DA is dependent on his OL and RB's to get the ball deep..not the other way around....and I believe DA has started to question himself and thereby holding the ball too long....and I think DA is no longer instinctual so he is reacting....and we need a QB that can get it done when all the right pieces are NOT there...and he has had ample opportunity to prove these things wrong but hasn't done it since game 8 of '07, IMHO)
-
QUINNNNNNN!!!

-
I just want us to win. Im sure all of you feel the same way. But after a loss are you going to call for the quaterbacks head? How many of you are going to be happy if the coach starts Anderson? I didnt say Im a fan of D.A. just asking a question
-
If the Browns start DA i'll have more time to mow my grass this fall.

-
way to back up the team
-
way to back up the team
way to back up the team
Thats what radios are for.
-
way to back up the team
way to back up the team
They won't be worth watching.
-
I found this article...I am posting only the second half as the first half is just talking about the writer and his belief in Quinn as the starter...but that being said, I think the challenge is fair and I would like to see some responses that follow the guidelines. Please refrain from Quinn pimping here. This is strictly a DA thread. NO QUINN ALLOWED!
Writer's Challenge For Cleveland Browns Fans Who Support DA
by Erin McLaughlin (Columnist)
Erin McLaughlin
Over the months I was looking for intelligent debates on the subject. I knew that there were still some fans who support DA. I am disappointed that I have yet to see a case for DA that doesn't involve Quinn bashing or excuses.
I have been asking for months for a solid case for Anderson and I have yet to get it. I have made no secret that I don't think their should be a quarterback competition. The reason is that I cannot think of any reason to go with Anderson and I want to see Quinn play.
My biggest issues with Anderson are his inconsistency, turnovers, and lack of leadership. That is based on almost two seasons starting and his college career. Therefore, that criticism is more justified. It is based on what I have seen him do not me thinking I know who will or won't be good in the NFL.
At the end of the day I cannot think of any case for Anderson being the starter. I have asked for it on many occasions. So far I have gotten Quinn bashing and excuses.
One excuse is the typical Braylon Edwards dropping passes argument. That holds no water because he dropped about the same number in 2007. The one I remember is the one against the 49ers when Quinn hit him in the endzone in his first ever NFL drive.
The dropping passes argument just doesn't work. That same receiever bailed DA out on many occasions when the ball wasn't perfect.
The other one is poor weather conditions. This is Cleveland and a quarterback has to be able to perform in bad weather. Tom Brady, Ben Rothliesberger, and Donovan McNabb all perform in miserable weather. So here is another excuse that doesn't work.
So my challenge to the fans who support DA is to write an article that makes a solid case for him. That article should follow this criteria:
1. No Quinn bashing. That means nothing that is even remotely negative about Brady Quinn. Simply focus on building Anderson up.
2. No Excuses. That means no blaming Braylon Edwards, no lame weather comments, and no blaming the line, etc.
That is the challenge I present to Browns fans who support DA. Write your article and send me the link. I would love to see it.
So...to be fair....here is my stab at it:
1. DA's arm will force teams to cover deep...thereby opening up the running lanes
2. DA's arm allows him to get the ball to receivers faster...allowing for less separation from defenders
3. DA's experience against NFL defenses allows him to 'recognize' instead of react
4. DA has proven that with the right pieces around him he can put points on the board
5. DA has forged a relationship with the starters over the past 2 years
6. DA is only 26 and in his 3rd year starting...many QB's (and players) come into their own around that time
There....no mention of anybody but DA...and 6 valid points.
Now, have a go.
(personally, not buying what I just tried to sell...I think DA is dependent on his OL and RB's to get the ball deep..not the other way around....and I believe DA has started to question himself and thereby holding the ball too long....and I think DA is no longer instinctual so he is reacting....and we need a QB that can get it done when all the right pieces are NOT there...and he has had ample opportunity to prove these things wrong but hasn't done it since game 8 of '07, IMHO)
So my challenge to the fans who support DA is to write an article that makes a solid case for him. That article should follow this criteria:
1. No Quinn bashing. That means nothing that is even remotely negative about Brady Quinn. Simply focus on building Anderson up.
2. No Excuses. That means no blaming Braylon Edwards, no lame weather comments, and no blaming the line, etc.
That is the challenge I present to Browns fans who support DA. Write your article and send me the link. I would love to see it.
Nice call WPB...errr Erin.
For your pet project, I've decided to contribute an article that fits your criteria:
"Anderson just turned 26 and has thrown 43 touchdown passes. For the Cleveland Browns."
:End of article.
And speaking of "making a case for your QB without bashing the other guy", ever seen one for BQ?
-
So my challenge to the fans who support DA is to write an article that makes a solid case for him. That article should follow this criteria:
1. No Quinn bashing. That means nothing that is even remotely negative about Brady Quinn. Simply focus on building Anderson up.
2. No Excuses. That means no blaming Braylon Edwards, no lame weather comments, and no blaming the line, etc.
That is the challenge I present to Browns fans who support DA. Write your article and send me the link. I would love to see it.
Nice call WPB...errr Erin.
For your pet project, I've decided to contribute an article that fits your criteria:
"Anderson just turned 26 and has thrown 43 touchdown passes. For the Cleveland Browns."
:End of article.
And speaking of "making a case for your QB without bashing the other guy", ever seen one for BQ?
Nice call WPB...errr Erin.
For your pet project, I've decided to contribute an article that fits your criteria:
"Anderson just turned 26 and has thrown 43 touchdown passes. For the Cleveland Browns."
:End of article.
And speaking of "making a case for your QB without bashing the other guy", ever seen one for BQ?
wow....I did better than you did by far. not much of a fan are you???
couldn't resist commenting on the other guy, could you? but if you want that ....go ahead and start one.
-
Let Me try one too:
8. Derek Anderson totally trashed the NY Giants in the game where we were not favorites to win.
-
9. Great for people on a diet, you'll be sick to your stomach after another 10 point performance and won't feel like eating for a week.
-
wow....I did better than you did by far. not much of a fan are you???
Dominated. Biggest total domination of the Fraud yet.
That's all you got Lum? Seriously? Your case for DA is that he's thrown 43 career touchdown passes? That's it? Really?
You're weak. Unbelievably weak. Are you this big of a joke to the people who know you? (If there actually are people who know you.)
-
So my challenge to the fans who support DA is to write an article that makes a solid case for him. That article should follow this criteria:
1. No Quinn bashing. That means nothing that is even remotely negative about Brady Quinn. Simply focus on building Anderson up.
2. No Excuses. That means no blaming Braylon Edwards, no lame weather comments, and no blaming the line, etc.
That is the challenge I present to Browns fans who support DA. Write your article and send me the link. I would love to see it.
Nice call WPB...errr Erin.
For your pet project, I've decided to contribute an article that fits your criteria:
"Anderson just turned 26 and has thrown 43 touchdown passes. For the Cleveland Browns."
:End of article.
And speaking of "making a case for your QB without bashing the other guy", ever seen one for BQ?
"Anderson just turned 26 and has thrown 43 touchdown passes. For the Cleveland Browns."
:End of article.
End of article? Are you kidding me? So what if he has thrown 43 TD's? Big f*cking deal dude.
That isn't shit when placed next to his 51 turnovers .
43 TD's and 51 turnovers in 31 games avg's out to 21 TD's and 25 turnovers per season.
That is not starter material for this team. That is Charlie Frye.
We're not looking for Frye.
-
Erin's self bio per bleacherreport.com..............
I am a lifelong sports fan. Football is my passion. I am originally from Michigan but have lived in Hawaii for 10 years. My teams are all the Detroit teams, especially the Red Wings. I have a unique rooting interest in college football. I like Notre Dame and Michigan equally. You may wonder how is that possible? Well I am from Michigan and I am Irish. So yes, the most conflicted week in my life is usually the second or third week in September. It is always a chore figuring out who to root for. I love seeing Michigan and Notre Dame players succeed in the NFL. My two favorite Quarterbacks are both named Brady. One is in Cleveland and one is in New England. If either got traded I would stop caring for that team and root for the team they went to. I am also a fan of the Hawaii Warriors football team. However, I was recently bannished from the Warrior nation for rooting for Notre Dame over Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl. It was worth it though because I got to be there live when the Irish broke the bowl losing streak that covered 9 games and 15 years. I enjoy sharing my opinion on all NFL teams.
The player I dislike more than anybody else is Brett Favre. The reason is that I respect the player he was but I hate the person he has become. He seems like a guy who cares more about being the hero and remaining in the spotlight. He does what he can to stay in the news
LOL (How do you guys find these columnists?)
-
"Anderson just turned 26 and has thrown 43 touchdown passes. For the Cleveland Browns."
:End of article.
End of article? Are you kidding me? So what if he has thrown 43 TD's? Big f*cking deal dude.
That isn't shit when placed next to his 51 turnovers .
43 TD's and 51 turnovers in 31 games avg's out to 21 TD's and 25 turnovers per season.
That is not starter material for this team. That is Charlie Frye.
We're not looking for Frye.
End of article? Are you kidding me? So what if he has thrown 43 TD's? Big f*cking deal dude.
That isn't shit when placed next to his 51 turnovers .
43 TD's and 51 turnovers in 31 games avg's out to 21 TD's and 25 turnovers per season.
That is not starter material for this team. That is Charlie Frye.
We're not looking for Frye.
A little fact checking reveals the ratio at 43 and 40... 35 ints, 5 fumbles. Not good, not as bad as you painted it.
-
Erin's self bio per bleacherreport.com..............
I am a lifelong sports fan. Football is my passion. I am originally from Michigan but have lived in Hawaii for 10 years. My teams are all the Detroit teams, especially the Red Wings. I have a unique rooting interest in college football. I like Notre Dame and Michigan equally. You may wonder how is that possible? Well I am from Michigan and I am Irish. So yes, the most conflicted week in my life is usually the second or third week in September. It is always a chore figuring out who to root for. I love seeing Michigan and Notre Dame players succeed in the NFL. My two favorite Quarterbacks are both named Brady. One is in Cleveland and one is in New England. If either got traded I would stop caring for that team and root for the team they went to. I am also a fan of the Hawaii Warriors football team. However, I was recently bannished from the Warrior nation for rooting for Notre Dame over Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl. It was worth it though because I got to be there live when the Irish broke the bowl losing streak that covered 9 games and 15 years. I enjoy sharing my opinion on all NFL teams.
The player I dislike more than anybody else is Brett Favre. The reason is that I respect the player he was but I hate the person he has become. He seems like a guy who cares more about being the hero and remaining in the spotlight. He does what he can to stay in the news
LOL (How do you guys find these columnists?)
Erin's self bio per bleacherreport.com..............
I am a lifelong sports fan. Football is my passion. I am originally from Michigan but have lived in Hawaii for 10 years. My teams are all the Detroit teams, especially the Red Wings. I have a unique rooting interest in college football. I like Notre Dame and Michigan equally. You may wonder how is that possible? Well I am from Michigan and I am Irish. So yes, the most conflicted week in my life is usually the second or third week in September. It is always a chore figuring out who to root for. I love seeing Michigan and Notre Dame players succeed in the NFL. My two favorite Quarterbacks are both named Brady. One is in Cleveland and one is in New England. If either got traded I would stop caring for that team and root for the team they went to. I am also a fan of the Hawaii Warriors football team. However, I was recently bannished from the Warrior nation for rooting for Notre Dame over Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl. It was worth it though because I got to be there live when the Irish broke the bowl losing streak that covered 9 games and 15 years. I enjoy sharing my opinion on all NFL teams.
The player I dislike more than anybody else is Brett Favre. The reason is that I respect the player he was but I hate the person he has become. He seems like a guy who cares more about being the hero and remaining in the spotlight. He does what he can to stay in the news
LOL (How do you guys find these columnists?)
she's a blogger
-
End of article? Are you kidding me? So what if he has thrown 43 TD's? Big f*cking deal dude.
That isn't shit when placed next to his 51 turnovers .
43 TD's and 51 turnovers in 31 games avg's out to 21 TD's and 25 turnovers per season.
That is not starter material for this team. That is Charlie Frye.
We're not looking for Frye.
A little fact checking reveals the ratio at 43 and 40... 35 ints, 5 fumbles. Not good, not as bad as you painted it.
A little fact checking reveals the ratio at 43 and 40... 35 ints, 5 fumbles. Not good, not as bad as you painted it.
true, it was 16 fumbles...but he lost only 5 of them.
-
Erin's self bio per bleacherreport.com..............
I am a lifelong sports fan. Football is my passion. I am originally from Michigan but have lived in Hawaii for 10 years. My teams are all the Detroit teams, especially the Red Wings. I have a unique rooting interest in college football. I like Notre Dame and Michigan equally. You may wonder how is that possible? Well I am from Michigan and I am Irish. So yes, the most conflicted week in my life is usually the second or third week in September. It is always a chore figuring out who to root for. I love seeing Michigan and Notre Dame players succeed in the NFL. My two favorite Quarterbacks are both named Brady. One is in Cleveland and one is in New England. If either got traded I would stop caring for that team and root for the team they went to. I am also a fan of the Hawaii Warriors football team. However, I was recently bannished from the Warrior nation for rooting for Notre Dame over Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl. It was worth it though because I got to be there live when the Irish broke the bowl losing streak that covered 9 games and 15 years. I enjoy sharing my opinion on all NFL teams.
The player I dislike more than anybody else is Brett Favre. The reason is that I respect the player he was but I hate the person he has become. He seems like a guy who cares more about being the hero and remaining in the spotlight. He does what he can to stay in the news
LOL (How do you guys find these columnists?)
she's a blogger
she's a blogger
and I didn't do it because of the person writing it...I just thought that the DA supporters would like a chance to tell us exactly why they support him without the other QB being involved.
too bad none of them have taken this opportunity seriously.
-
End of article? Are you kidding me? So what if he has thrown 43 TD's? Big f*cking deal dude.
That isn't shit when placed next to his 51 turnovers .
43 TD's and 51 turnovers in 31 games avg's out to 21 TD's and 25 turnovers per season.
That is not starter material for this team. That is Charlie Frye.
We're not looking for Frye.
A little fact checking reveals the ratio at 43 and 40... 35 ints, 5 fumbles. Not good, not as bad as you painted it.
A little fact checking reveals the ratio at 43 and 40... 35 ints, 5 fumbles. Not good, not as bad as you painted it.
LOL....I caught that after I posted it (he had 16 fumbles but only lost 5) but I left it because I want to see Lumnuts defend 21 TD's and 20 TO's per season. Doesn't seem so great when you include the turnovers. His excuse has always been we had shitty QB's before Derek and that our little team should be happy to have him. As you can see, Browns fans don't think that way.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login