Skip to content

2020 Captains?

The Browns Board
7 5 366
  • Article came out yesterday suggesting Landry be one... I concur.

    Assuming three total... who are your other two?

    For my part I go:

    • Myles rep'pin' the D...
    • Gillan for the STs... if I have a Punter that is this jacked up, then I want the other team's Captains to see him up close... 🙂
  • Interesting look to name a guy who was suspended for the last six games as your defensive captain. 

  • Interesting look to name a guy who was suspended for the last six games as your defensive captain. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Interesting look to name a guy who was suspended for the last six games as your defensive captain. 

    Speaking of looks... I'd have him go out for the coin toss holding a Steeler helmet by the facemask...

    ... and windmill it a couple times.

  • It seemed like a premature move to make Baker a captain last year. Landry would have worked, Tretter or Bitonio if they wanted the gig. Njoku has displayed leadership qualities as well.

    On defense? That’s kinda tough as the presumptive front runners aren’t with the team anymore (Kirksey and Schobert). Ogunjobi? Richardson? Mack Wilson seems like he’s gunning for it but probably a year or 2 away from getting the nod.

  • It seemed like a premature move to make Baker a captain last year. Landry would have worked, Tretter or Bitonio if they wanted the gig. Njoku has displayed leadership qualities as well.

    On defense? That’s kinda tough as the presumptive front runners aren’t with the team anymore (Kirksey and Schobert). Ogunjobi? Richardson? Mack Wilson seems like he’s gunning for it but probably a year or 2 away from getting the nod.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    It seemed like a premature move to make Baker a captain last year. Landry would have worked, Tretter or Bitonio

    Agree on Baker... I thought about him since if not named he's essentially being stripped of his Captaincy, but in the end thought he need to earn it back.

    Bito, being the elder statesman of our Offense, would be a great choice as well.

    Feels weird on a couple levels to realize Bito is our longest tenured Brown on Offense...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Interesting look to name a guy who was suspended for the last six games as your defensive captain. 

    Speaking of looks... I'd have him go out for the coin toss holding a Steeler helmet by the facemask...

    ... and windmill it a couple times.

    @tour2ma said:

    Speaking of looks... I'd have him go out for the coin toss holding a Steeler helmet by the facemask...

    ... and windmill it a couple times.

    Oh yeah bring back football in style in Cleveland.......maybe Josh Gordon could get involved too, bring the pregame snacks ?  😆

  • this could get interesting? League rules state, ya can have up to 6 team captains... Normally announced after the pre-season.. Can be decided by a team vote or a HC's vote?..

    The Vikings* were 1 of, Lions, Pats & NYG's to carry the max 6 captains in 2019..