Memorial Day
-
A friend texted me today - asked if I was watching the ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
I told her no, it was so much of a heartbreak. I knew guys who lost Fathers in WWII, Korea who enlisted
to finish what their Dads had started. A good friend lost a best friend on their team, and he carried his body back out.
We've been to the Arizona Memorial, it's ....a solemn heartbreak. The history of wars... so many folks fought and died to keep us free.
So many lost Americans who served. So many never came home.
I hope it never happens that we lose one more American to battle or terrorism. But the world is getting to be a smaller, more dangerous
place again, it seems. Freedom isn't free.
-
Future President Biden and his lovely future first lady lay a wreath in honor of Memorial Day.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
