How much will rush D improve?
-
I am worried about the defense this year. Young unproven Linebackers, and a new group of DBs on one year deals. Plus a talented but raw prospect in Delpit. I am looking for the offense to carry the team this year, or else it will be another long season
-
I am worried about the defense this year. Young unproven Linebackers, and a new group of DBs on one year deals. Plus a talented but raw prospect in Delpit. I am looking for the offense to carry the team this year, or else it will be another long season
I am worried about the defense this year. Young unproven Linebackers, and a new group of DBs on one year deals. Plus a talented but raw prospect in Delpit. I am looking for the offense to carry the team this year, or else it will be another long season
I’ve been banging this drum since December. We’ve done well this offseason I’m glad the second day draft picks weren’t spent on offensive lineman (backup guards).
Between Myles being out and the defense basically quitting the last month of the year - I’m hopeful this coming season that he’s back Better than ever and the team wants to play for this new D coordinator.We have more question marks on this side of the ball that’s for sure. Our entire secondary for one - can they tackle? Can they stay healthy? Can Greedy Williams play better? Taki and Wilson are in prove it years. Is Ward worth a longer term contract at the money he may expect?
Clowney could change things here in a major way.
-
I am worried about the defense this year. Young unproven Linebackers, and a new group of DBs on one year deals. Plus a talented but raw prospect in Delpit. I am looking for the offense to carry the team this year, or else it will be another long season
I’ve been banging this drum since December. We’ve done well this offseason I’m glad the second day draft picks weren’t spent on offensive lineman (backup guards).
Between Myles being out and the defense basically quitting the last month of the year - I’m hopeful this coming season that he’s back Better than ever and the team wants to play for this new D coordinator.We have more question marks on this side of the ball that’s for sure. Our entire secondary for one - can they tackle? Can they stay healthy? Can Greedy Williams play better? Taki and Wilson are in prove it years. Is Ward worth a longer term contract at the money he may expect?
Clowney could change things here in a major way.
Clowney could change things here in a major way.
Yep!
-
I am worried about the defense this year. Young unproven Linebackers, and a new group of DBs on one year deals. Plus a talented but raw prospect in Delpit. I am looking for the offense to carry the team this year, or else it will be another long season
I’ve been banging this drum since December. We’ve done well this offseason I’m glad the second day draft picks weren’t spent on offensive lineman (backup guards).
Between Myles being out and the defense basically quitting the last month of the year - I’m hopeful this coming season that he’s back Better than ever and the team wants to play for this new D coordinator.We have more question marks on this side of the ball that’s for sure. Our entire secondary for one - can they tackle? Can they stay healthy? Can Greedy Williams play better? Taki and Wilson are in prove it years. Is Ward worth a longer term contract at the money he may expect?
Clowney could change things here in a major way.
I’ve been banging this drum since December. You too must have saw the egg we laid at the Bengals game far before it happened too?
We’ve done well this offseason were a ways behind the teams that have played together before, with no coaching changes.. My hope is a hard fought Wildcard spot, with 8-9 wins..Tenn.,Colts.Houston & Raiders all sit on our schedule as head to heads.. To my dismay..The Ravens are re-loaded.. unless that OL goes to crap with their HOF RG retiring?
this new D coordinator. only 3 Quality adds... a) Billings is a run eater...but gets his 1-2 sacks per season ..Never understood why Dorsey cut Devarow Lawrence last-mid-season? Quietly swept under the rug & made no sense unless Wilks was his problem? b) A. Claybourn...am ok with less Chad Thomas, than worse..c) CB Kevin Johnson..best CB3 we've seen & a upgrade over TJ Carrie..We have more question marks on this side of the ball that’s for sure. - can they tackle?
Same..Feel we can score some points with Stef.. And I had some serious issues with Gregg Williams defensive schemes..But at least our DB's learned some tackling techs..maybe even D. Ward?
Even if we see half full stadiums? The NfL cap system (as is) would than take some serious dollar hits backwards for the first time in years like non-other ... the big dollar FA's & their agents continue the wait & see approach.. So do the GM's
-
I am worried about the defense this year. Young unproven Linebackers, and a new group of DBs on one year deals. Plus a talented but raw prospect in Delpit. I am looking for the offense to carry the team this year, or else it will be another long season
I’ve been banging this drum since December. We’ve done well this offseason I’m glad the second day draft picks weren’t spent on offensive lineman (backup guards).
Between Myles being out and the defense basically quitting the last month of the year - I’m hopeful this coming season that he’s back Better than ever and the team wants to play for this new D coordinator.We have more question marks on this side of the ball that’s for sure. Our entire secondary for one - can they tackle? Can they stay healthy? Can Greedy Williams play better? Taki and Wilson are in prove it years. Is Ward worth a longer term contract at the money he may expect?
Clowney could change things here in a major way.
I’ve been banging this drum since December. We’ve done well this offseason I’m glad the second day draft picks weren’t spent on offensive lineman (backup guards).
Between Myles being out and the defense basically quitting the last month of the year - I’m hopeful this coming season that he’s back Better than ever and the team wants to play for this new D coordinator.We have more question marks on this side of the ball that’s for sure. Our entire secondary for one - can they tackle? Can they stay healthy? Can Greedy Williams play better? Taki and Wilson are in prove it years. Is Ward worth a longer term contract at the money he may expect?
Clowney could change things here in a major way.
In a "major way?" I'm not sure about that. But at the right price, yes.
-
I’ve been banging this drum since December. We’ve done well this offseason I’m glad the second day draft picks weren’t spent on offensive lineman (backup guards).
Between Myles being out and the defense basically quitting the last month of the year - I’m hopeful this coming season that he’s back Better than ever and the team wants to play for this new D coordinator.We have more question marks on this side of the ball that’s for sure. Our entire secondary for one - can they tackle? Can they stay healthy? Can Greedy Williams play better? Taki and Wilson are in prove it years. Is Ward worth a longer term contract at the money he may expect?
Clowney could change things here in a major way.
In a "major way?" I'm not sure about that. But at the right price, yes.
In a "major way?" I'm not sure about that. But at the right price, yes.
cost aside he helps in a major way. He’s a run stuffer with probably a better pass rushing sense than what he gets credit for and I think playing along this defensive line will allow him some additional free space to showcase his skills.
id prefer a one year deal or maybe slightly longer but doesn’t cripple us in year 2 or 3.
-
In a "major way?" I'm not sure about that. But at the right price, yes.
cost aside he helps in a major way. He’s a run stuffer with probably a better pass rushing sense than what he gets credit for and I think playing along this defensive line will allow him some additional free space to showcase his skills.
id prefer a one year deal or maybe slightly longer but doesn’t cripple us in year 2 or 3.
cost aside he helps in a major way. He’s a run stuffer with probably a better pass rushing sense than what he gets credit for and I think playing along this defensive line will allow him some additional free space to showcase his skills.
id prefer a one year deal or maybe slightly longer but doesn’t cripple us in year 2 or 3.
The guy always wants top tier $ without ever being top tier. Maybe he has come back to earth since no team is showing much interest with his demands.
-
-
Thanks Gumby!
I like his answers. Especially regarding the LB'ers. He's in a COVID bind. He cannot see the guys run around in his scheme. He's not sure where he's gonna line guys up. He's given them all a tentative primary position but he's got his coaches cross-training them on all positions. - This is why some of us have been saying that this COVID offseason stunts us more than most other teams. Most of our players are all new to our coaches. They've got to learn the players in real life.
-
If you want to go somewhere, you must be able to stop the rush.
The Browns were near the bottom in rushing D last year.
What has been done to improve it?
If you want to go somewhere, you must be able to stop the rush.
The Browns were near the bottom in rushing D last year.
What has been done to improve it?
they are always near the bottom in rushing d and total d....you win with defense....period....we have creampuff db's to add to the woes....we will see what happens...
-
If you want to go somewhere, you must be able to stop the rush.
The Browns were near the bottom in rushing D last year.
What has been done to improve it?
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login