Skip to content

NFL Sunday ticket

The Browns Board
10 5 954
  • I know not everyone gets the honor of living in Northern Ohio to get free Browns games. I live in missery thanks to the military and have to order sunday ticket to watch da browns play. I was gonna let everyone know about the way to get free HD service if you dont already have it. I ordered Sunday ticket and they wanted 100 bones for hd. I figured id go without it but yesterday i called up to cancel cause i figured id just watch them at the bar and direct tv offered me free superfan, 6 months free dvr service and 6 months free showtime. If any of you dont feel like shelling out 100 bones give them a call and try this. GO BROWNS!!!! Already got my tickets for da browns vs chiefs in KC.

  • I know not everyone gets the honor of living in Northern Ohio to get free Browns games. I live in missery thanks to the military and have to order sunday ticket to watch da browns play. I was gonna let everyone know about the way to get free HD service if you dont already have it. I ordered Sunday ticket and they wanted 100 bones for hd. I figured id go without it but yesterday i called up to cancel cause i figured id just watch them at the bar and direct tv offered me free superfan, 6 months free dvr service and 6 months free showtime. If any of you dont feel like shelling out 100 bones give them a call and try this. GO BROWNS!!!! Already got my tickets for da browns vs chiefs in KC.

    @playerjdd said:

    I know not everyone gets the honor of living in Northern Ohio to get free Browns games. I live in missery thanks to the military and have to order sunday ticket to watch da browns play. I was gonna let everyone know about the way to get free HD service if you dont already have it. I ordered Sunday ticket and they wanted 100 bones for hd. I figured id go without it but yesterday i called up to cancel cause i figured id just watch them at the bar and direct tv offered me free superfan, 6 months free dvr service and 6 months free showtime. If any of you dont feel like shelling out 100 bones give them a call and try this. GO BROWNS!!!! Already got my tickets for da browns vs chiefs in KC.

    player, where u at with the military?

  • @inspecta said:

    Yeah that's the one thing good about Directv, if you piss and moan or threaten to cancel they will throw free shit at you like there is no tomorrow.

    Yeah, called them after I saw player's post and to keep me on, they lowered the price by $120 and threw in SuperFan for free. Thanks player! 🙂

  • No problem glad to help out a fellow browns fan. As i see it we should get a discount for being Browns fans. Im at Whiteman AFB in Missouri. Its near a town called Knob Noster no seriously there is a town in the US called Knob Noster.

  • No problem glad to help out a fellow browns fan. As i see it we should get a discount for being Browns fans. Im at Whiteman AFB in Missouri. Its near a town called Knob Noster no seriously there is a town in the US called Knob Noster.

    @playerjdd said:

    Im at Whiteman AFB in Missouri .

    Home of the same Squadron that had the Enola Gay (dropped the bomb on Hiroshima). Now a B2 Steath Bomber squadron...cool.

    My daughter and son-in-law are in the AFB (Red Horse) stationed Kandidar Air Base (in Afganistan, Near Pakistan).

    Keep up the Great Work!

  • No problem glad to help out a fellow browns fan. As i see it we should get a discount for being Browns fans. Im at Whiteman AFB in Missouri. Its near a town called Knob Noster no seriously there is a town in the US called Knob Noster.

    @playerjdd said:

    No problem glad to help out a fellow browns fan. As i see it we should get a discount for being Browns fans. Im at Whiteman AFB in Missouri. Its near a town called Knob Noster no seriously there is a town in the US called Knob Noster.

    LOL...yeah, I've heard of it. I'm retired AF up at Offutt AFB in Omaha, Neb. I'm gonna look at getting tickets to the Browns-KC game also. 🙂 My first pro game ever was the Browns at KC. There's not really a bad seat in that place.

  • @inspecta said:

    Just got off the phone with direct tv. I too now have superfan for free.

    The first chick gave me a straight up no, so I was like "Ok im gonna cancel my sunday ticket"

    So then she says she has to transfer me to another dept cause she can only add features she can't remove them. "UH HUH"

    Next chick gets on there (JUDY) and says "how bout I cut it in half, and you make two payments of 25 for the superfan"

    I tell her how hard it was to convince my wife to let me spend the money on sunday ticket and there's no way I can justify spending anymore with money being so tight. So she says "I got an even better offer, how bout we give it to you for free"

    Hahaha, count it !!

    Like taking candy from a baby

    I told a co-worker about the deal I got but he hasn't called yet. He's worried they'll call his bluff....lol Told him if they do and you still want Ticket, just call back a couple days later and readd.

  • I pulled something like that last year - got HBO, Sunday Ticket and the Sports Package for free for 4 months. Great deal.

    Too bad I moved and now don't get Direct TV. Anyone have tips for dealing with Comcast?

  • All you have to do is simply say "I can watch the games in HD at the bar for nothing"... They'll offer Super Fan for free... Then counter with "That's nice and all but the price is still too high for me"... They'll throw in the $10 or $20 off for 6 months offer. Make sure you go for both. It's about positioning. if you call and ask for the discount directly, you may not get it. you have to make them believe you want it cancelled. If they call your bluff and you don't get a discount, so what? Call back and re-order it if you need your Sunday Ticket. It doesn't hurt.

    Worked for me on Saturday and the bill was changed within five minutes.

  • Actually, I've dealt with these bastards before. If you get a rep that doesn't offer you "the deal', HANG UP RIGHT THEN and call right back. You will get a different rep and you will most likely get the offer. Some reps offer faster than others.

    My family has played them doing this before.