Skip to content

Browns Offering Clowney the most cash

The Browns Board
42 23 1.5k 1
  • I'm not going to hold it against Clowney for chasing his big payday; most people would do the same in his case. But idk if many teams are willing to meet his price point.

    I haven't seen him mentioned on here yet, but maybe the Browns could pick up Yannick Ngakoue from the Jags, if the trade price is right.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I'm not going to hold it against Clowney for chasing his big payday; most people would do the same in his case. But idk if many teams are willing to meet his price point.

    I haven't seen him mentioned on here yet, but maybe the Browns could pick up Yannick Ngakoue from the Jags, if the trade price is right.

    I was thinking Everson Griffen even The DE from MINN..... He's a tad more reliable in the health department and should not cost as much , obviously... I think he's younger too... With Vernon.. You just let him run out his contract.. If he's healthy and has a productive season... Then I can see doing one year at a time contracts on Vernon until his eventual successor comes along and you could keep him for insurance at a bargain price until he hangs up his cleats!.....

  • Bottom line is I would rather have Clowney over Vernon. 

    Clowney is represented by the same agent who reps Garrett.  Garrett is going to get more than Clowney, so why not try to drive up Clowneys price?   

    I would.  So would all of you.  The NFL limits agents to 3% of a players yearly salary.  Well, 3% of $18,000,000 is $540,000.  Chew on that.  And that doesn't include endorsement contracts.  Agents can make 10-15% of that.  D linemen don't sell many products..  Merlin Olson sold FTD flowers for a long time.  Mean Joe sold Coke products.  Can't think of any others...Alex Karras got some national air.  It would be mostly local stuff that doesn't pay all that much if you are pitching for a local garage door company.

    @ballpeen said:

    Bottom line is I would rather have Clowney over Vernon. 

    Clowney is represented by the same agent who reps Garrett.  Garrett is going to get more than Clowney, so why not try to drive up Clowneys price?   

    I would.  So would all of you.  The NFL limits agents to 3% of a players yearly salary.  Well, 3% of $18,000,000 is $540,000.  Chew on that.  And that doesn't include endorsement contracts.  Agents can make 10-15% of that.  D linemen don't sell many products..  Merlin Olson sold FTD flowers for a long time.  Mean Joe sold Coke products.  Can't think of any others...Alex Karras got some national air.  It would be mostly local stuff that doesn't pay all that much if you are pitching for a local garage door company.

    JJ Watt must have a good deal of endorsements (if you consider him a DLman, I do). Clowney won't boost pass rush much, but he will upgrade the rush D, and, as of now, pass D is their biggest weakness.